Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 39,869)

Showing posts 797,361 - 797,380 of1,078,384
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Forum

Lovington, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

+Thank you Pope Benedict.
We love you.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

FOX over hype.....

Former Clinton aide, columnist joins Woodward in claiming White House threat

Davis said that a "senior Obama White House official" once called his editor at the Times and said that if the paper continued to run his columns, "his reporters would lose their credentials."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/02/28/wh...

scary. very.

heck, a FOX talking head would consider that a badge of honor.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>Obama's second term will not be as easy as his first. The lame stream media will sooner or later, eventually throw obama under the bus.
Bob Woodward might be the first crack in the seemingly indestructable solidarity of the liberal media.

Woodward is considered a journalist among journalists in their eyes. And if he's blowing the whistle, there has to be some serious soul searching and self-reflection about blind loyalty among some in the liberal media about now.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Wasn't me - but thanks for the nice words anyway.
Thought this was an interesting take though written by someone else about men who feel they have to intimidate women who happen to have a strong point of view because of their own insecurity.
"A man who doesn't know his manhood or hasn't reached it yet can't do anything with a feminite twist without bugging out; can't work under a female; they are very intimidated by a strong woman that they can't take advantage of; they feel the need to constantly highlight their manly strongpoints; they feel the need to show out in small situations where their manliness is tested to prove to people that they're a man and not a coward; they always feel the need to prove themselves; and lots of times these men are secretly gay."
Just thought my own intimidator had traits that fit this profile.
'Intimidator?' What, did I scare into a misspelling? And you a teecher... It's my cock isn't it? I'm sorry, honey, but it's who I am. If you looked like Angelina Jolie you'd be out there floppin' your tits around in a bathing suit, so don't act so high and mighty. Besides, sweetie, you can ask half the women on Topix and they'll confirm I don't have the slightest problem working under a woman, I'm undermining you right now.
Forum

Lovington, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
I know. Obama is so full of shit.
No one wants to be President.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Woodward As Washington Icon

Glenn Greenwald says Bob Woodward’s attack on Obama for only deploying one carrier to the Persian Gulf because, thanks to the sequester, there’s no money to deploy two, epitomizes Washington’s dysfunctional culture. Excerpt:

That the Obama administration might actually honor the budget cuts mandated by a law enacted by Congress and signed by Obama infuriates Bob Woodward, Washington’s most celebrated journalist. He appeared this week on the “Morning Joe” program to excoriate Obama for withholding a second aircraft carrier in the Gulf, saying:

“Can you imagine Ronald Reagan sitting there and saying ‘Oh, by the way, I can’t do this because of some budget document?’ Or George W Bush saying,‘You know, I’m not going to invade Iraq because I can’t get the aircraft carriers I need’ or even Bill Clinton saying,‘You know, I’m not going to attack Saddam Hussein’s intelligence headquarters,’ as he did when Clinton was president, because of some budget document.

“Under the Constitution, the president is commander-in-chief and employs the force. And so we now have the president going out because of this piece of paper and this agreement, I can’t do what I need to do to protect the country. That’s a kind of madness that I haven’t seen in a long time.”

As Brian Beutler points out:“the obscure type of budget document Woodward’s referring to is called a duly enacted law — passed by Congress, signed by the President — and the only ways around it are for Congress to change it.... or for Obama to break it.” But that’s exactly what Woodward is demanding: that Obama trumpet his status as Commander-in-Chief in order to simply ignore – i.e. break – the law, just like those wonderful men before him would have done. Woodward derides the law as some petty, trivial annoyance (“this piece of paper”) and thus mocks Obama’s weakness for the crime of suggesting that the law is something he actually has to obey.

Greenwald doesn’t for one second believe that Obama is doing this out of law-abiding principle, given the president’s belief that he has the power to assassinate others. Still:

But whatever Obama’s motives might be, the fact is that what we call “law” really does require some cuts in military spending. To refuse to do so would be to assert powers not even most monarchs have: to break the law at will. Woodward is right about one point: not only would prior presidents have been willing to do this, this is exactly what they did. Indeed, George Bush’s entire presidency was explicitly predicated on the theory that the president has the power to break the law at will whenever he deems that doing so promotes national security. That America’s most celebrated journalist not only supports this, but demands that all presidents follow this model of lawlessness, is telling indeed.

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/dreher...
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Forum wrote:
+Thank you Pope Benedict.
We love you.
"We do, do "we?" The best thing about the old Nazi retiring is that his house is being remodeled and he'll be dead long before he even has a working bathroom.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter continues to provide the moronic justification for the need of academic redundancies.

Perhaps a road show president obama, complete with carnival barkers, deranged fish in a barrel, and sonicfilter as an obnoxious rooftop clown?
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
"I'll take the moon for $600, Alex."
"And the answer is, "It's round and white, covered with impact craters, and almost devoid of gravity.""
An insecure man doesn't know his manhood or hasn't reached it yet and intimidated by strong women they can't take advantage of.

Are you really that intimidated by me?

By the way, I don't think I'm any smarter than many others on here. Which is what you said about me once. In fact, many others are much smarter than me.

But I do have a lot of common sense and care very deeply about the direction this country is going.

So why don't you be the man you claim to be and tell me why I'm wrong behind your own name and standing on your own two feet?
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
Woodward As Washington Icon
Glenn Greenwald says Bob Woodward’s attack on Obama for only deploying one carrier to the Persian Gulf because, thanks to the sequester, there’s no money to deploy two, epitomizes Washington’s dysfunctional culture. Excerpt:
That the Obama administration might actually honor the budget cuts mandated by a law enacted by Congress and signed by Obama infuriates Bob Woodward, Washington’s most celebrated journalist. He appeared this week on the “Morning Joe” program to excoriate Obama for withholding a second aircraft carrier in the Gulf, saying:
“Can you imagine Ronald Reagan sitting there and saying ‘Oh, by the way, I can’t do this because of some budget document?’ Or George W Bush saying,‘You know, I’m not going to invade Iraq because I can’t get the aircraft carriers I need’ or even Bill Clinton saying,‘You know, I’m not going to attack Saddam Hussein’s intelligence headquarters,’ as he did when Clinton was president, because of some budget document.
“Under the Constitution, the president is commander-in-chief and employs the force. And so we now have the president going out because of this piece of paper and this agreement, I can’t do what I need to do to protect the country. That’s a kind of madness that I haven’t seen in a long time.”
As Brian Beutler points out:“the obscure type of budget document Woodward’s referring to is called a duly enacted law — passed by Congress, signed by the President — and the only ways around it are for Congress to change it.... or for Obama to break it.” But that’s exactly what Woodward is demanding: that Obama trumpet his status as Commander-in-Chief in order to simply ignore – i.e. break – the law, just like those wonderful men before him would have done. Woodward derides the law as some petty, trivial annoyance (“this piece of paper”) and thus mocks Obama’s weakness for the crime of suggesting that the law is something he actually has to obey.
Greenwald doesn’t for one second believe that Obama is doing this out of law-abiding principle, given the president’s belief that he has the power to assassinate others. Still:
But whatever Obama’s motives might be, the fact is that what we call “law” really does require some cuts in military spending. To refuse to do so would be to assert powers not even most monarchs have: to break the law at will. Woodward is right about one point: not only would prior presidents have been willing to do this, this is exactly what they did. Indeed, George Bush’s entire presidency was explicitly predicated on the theory that the president has the power to break the law at will whenever he deems that doing so promotes national security. That America’s most celebrated journalist not only supports this, but demands that all presidents follow this model of lawlessness, is telling indeed.
http://www.theamericanconservative.com/dreher...
Um... well why doesn't he just send Israel to the Persian Gulf? They're the only reason we're even there in the first place and they're a lot closer. Why doesn't Obama send... 53 aircraft carriers, two puppies and a big-breasted redhead to the Middle East? I'll tell you why not, cause the American soldiers would just kill the puppies and gang rape the redhead like they always do. We're probably better just sending the Israelis... What do you mean the Israelis won't do what we tell 'em? We do what they tell us... where's the love? Seriously, folks, if "The Sequester" prevents us from invading more countries preemptively at the direction of Israel then shove a cork in my ass and let the austerity begin, y'all.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
"We do, do "we?" The best thing about the old Nazi retiring is that his house is being remodeled and he'll be dead long before he even has a working bathroom.
An insecure man doesn't know his manhood or hasn't reached it yet and intimidated by strong women they can't take advantage of. They show out in small situations where their manliness is tested to prove to people that they're a man and not a coward.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
A message? Ok, if you'll blow me I promise I'll test-drive a KIA this weekend. Better bring along a few friends, ten minutes after I get blown by Koreans I'm hard again.
An insecure man steals women's identities and hides behind them while throwing grenades.

Much like cowards on the wrong side of war.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Um... well why doesn't he just send Israel to the Persian Gulf? They're the only reason we're even there in the first place and they're a lot closer. Why doesn't Obama send... 53 aircraft carriers, two puppies and a big-breasted redhead to the Middle East? I'll tell you why not, cause the American soldiers would just kill the puppies and gang rape the redhead like they always do. We're probably better just sending the Israelis... What do you mean the Israelis won't do what we tell 'em? We do what they tell us... where's the love? Seriously, folks, if "The Sequester" prevents us from invading more countries preemptively at the direction of Israel then shove a cork in my ass and let the austerity begin, y'all.
An insecure man steals women's identities and hides behind them while throwing grenades.

Much like cowards fighting for the wrong side for the wrong reasons.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
An insecure man doesn't know his manhood or hasn't reached it yet and intimidated by strong women they can't take advantage of. They show out in small situations where their manliness is tested to prove to people that they're a man and not a coward.
Carol, well you certainly appear up to snuff on insecure men, so, um, perhaps you could spend a few minutes describing the characteristics of secure ones? Then, when I'm comfortable enough, I can stick a toe in the water and, perhaps someday, begin even emulating them.
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Astonishing really. This president came up with the idea of sequestration, signed it into law and then scares the phooey out of people when it's about to happen because he won't come to the table to cut spending responsibly and says it's all the republicans' fault.
This president claims transparency but it's the people who can't see the only transparency is the transparency of hypocrisy seems like we're in a bad B-rated movie.
What a load
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Bob Woodward might be the first crack in the seemingly indestructable solidarity of the liberal media.
Woodward is considered a journalist among journalists in their eyes. And if he's blowing the whistle, there has to be some serious soul searching and self-reflection about blind loyalty among some in the liberal media about now.
He wants to sell books.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

car0l wrote:
<quoted text>
A message? Ok, if you'll blow me I promise I'll test-drive a KIA this weekend. Better bring along a few friends, ten minutes after I get blown by Koreans I'm hard again.
Obama treats you like a man. He wants you to wear earrings.
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Three people in the same week reporting threats from senior officials in the White House.
One prominent democrat - Lanny Davis
One former democrat press secretary - Robert Gibbs
One renowned democrat sympathizer journalist - Bob Woodward
Pretty important people to turn on this administration in the same week.
Lol
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Lily Boca Raton Fl wrote:
<quoted text>
What a load
Your sister is expecting a baby, and you don't know if you're going to be an uncle or an aunt?
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Carol, well you certainly appear up to snuff on insecure men, so, um, perhaps you could spend a few minutes describing the characteristics of secure ones? Then, when I'm comfortable enough, I can stick a toe in the water and, perhaps someday, begin even emulating them.
Only an insecure man would do what you're doing.

Do you stalk this thread just waiting for me to come back on?

I scoured pages and pages for days and you weren't anywhere to be found.

The day after I tested the waters again, you were back.

That's kind of creepy.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 797,361 - 797,380 of1,078,384
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

22 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 45 min danetoo 67,858
One kilometre high and counting (Jul '07) 1 hr NITiN 4
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 2 hr andet1987 4,543
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 2 hr andet1987 455
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 4 hr JOEL COOL DUDE 68,357
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 5 hr LRS 174,457
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 5 hr Mister Tonka 97,511
•••

Beach Hazards Statement for Cook County was issued at July 22 at 8:55PM CDT

•••
•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs