Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Read more
carol

Orlando, FL

#866608 Mar 1, 2013
Hey, did you guys know that "Africa Command" in the U.S. military is in Germany? Heheheheheh, there not a single country in Africa let the U.S. base a command in their territory. They smarter than I figured.
carol

Orlando, FL

#866609 Mar 1, 2013
Homer 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>For the millionth time what he meant was 47 with 1 to go, referring to the lower 48 states. End of non-story. Next.
Yeah, right, Homer. And if McCain or Romney had made that kind of mistake, you'd come running to their defense with the same excuse.

Correct?
carol

Orlando, FL

#866610 Mar 1, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Boorish behavior by the likes of Ellison accomplishes nothing.
Yeah! I agree. Say, um, speakin' of boorish behavior, do you Br'er Rabbit impersonation again... g'head...
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#866611 Mar 1, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
It's "him". Sorry.
"him"?(gasp!)

i'm not sorry at all.
carol

Orlando, FL

#866612 Mar 1, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
you're reciting FOX boilerplate. in which no hint of reality presides.
and you're so far gone that no matter the evidence you'll still deny. but hey, let's see what you've got. show us where Obama refused to compromise without using some FOX vague reading of between the lines.
Look up any website of your choice where "Balanced Approach" is anywhere in the search mode.

Then search any website to prove to me Obama has worked with Congress to come up with reasonable spending cuts.

I'm very open to reading any you provide.

Otherwise, the hint of reality is eluding you, sonic, sadly enough.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#866613 Mar 1, 2013
Homer 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>Yep and spawned the Bush years. I'm telling you, you can trace a lot of the stuff we are dealing with today back to the Reagan years.
It would make an interesting list.
Obama is a joke

Emmaus, PA

#866614 Mar 1, 2013
John Galt wrote:
Big brush fire near Riverside.
Where is FEMA and the federal billions?
Buying Obama a crying towel.
carol

Orlando, FL

#866615 Mar 1, 2013
John Galt wrote:
Big brush fire near Riverside.
Where is FEMA and the federal billions?
On vacation, you reckon? Cain't you masters of the universe figure out how to douse your own yard-fires?
TSM

El Paso, TX

#866616 Mar 1, 2013
I’ll bet the first story to be Release this Morning by the Liberal Media “ Republicans Cave” They must be Depress they must feel they failed the President because this wasn’t supposed to happen!! So today the Liberal propaganda begins!!
carol

Orlando, FL

#866617 Mar 1, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, right, Homer. And if McCain or Romney had made that kind of mistake, you'd come running to their defense with the same excuse.
Correct?
Um, probably not. But then we wouldn't have brought it up in the first place. Maybe if we could see Russia from our front porches?
carol

Orlando, FL

#866618 Mar 1, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Instead of cutting military strength, we should be cutting military pensions for old turds like Ghost.
Or the millions that go to the Department of Justice to fly in fancy planes all over the country.

Or the millions that go to "conferences" in Vegas and fancy hotels where our tax dollars help our government officials live it up on government business.

Why is it the most obvious cuts seem to elude this administration?

The republicans have had their work clothes on for two years now ready to do the dirty work helping this president clean out the closet. But he still wants to play games.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#866619 Mar 1, 2013
Homer 2016 wrote:
“Quite frankly you are the worst excuse for a journalist I have ever seen,” Ellison said.
Referring to Sean Hannity.
Hard to argue with that.
I will say that Hannity is not a journalist, he's talk show host.
And with Ellison's rant, Hannity's base will love him more dearly and of course will go on ad nauseum about Ellison being a Muslim and blah blah blah further endearing Hannity to the Fox audience.
Sean and his following get to attack Democrats, blacks and Muslims, it's basically win win win for them. Plus it's good for ratings.
Agree, Mr. Ellison should not have gone on that show; Hannity baited him and he bit; nevertheless, Mr. Ellisons popularity has grown, he said what everyone thinks and knows and the rest are; well, they're "the rest", the 20% nutfringe.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#866620 Mar 1, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Or the millions that go to the Department of Justice to fly in fancy planes all over the country.
Or the millions that go to "conferences" in Vegas and fancy hotels where our tax dollars help our government officials live it up on government business.
Why is it the most obvious cuts seem to elude this administration?
The republicans have had their work clothes on for two years now ready to do the dirty work helping this president clean out the closet. But he still wants to play games.
You're hilarious.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#866621 Mar 1, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Look up any website of your choice where "Balanced Approach" is anywhere in the search mode.
Then search any website to prove to me Obama has worked with Congress to come up with reasonable spending cuts.
I'm very open to reading any you provide.
Otherwise, the hint of reality is eluding you, sonic, sadly enough.
he has the upper hand. if he wants to stick with what he's been saying all along then why not? why should he be the one who has to compromise?

funny how you old arrogant white folks act like Obama is the one who's being arrogant. white privilege can be a real bitch eh?
carol

Orlando, FL

#866622 Mar 1, 2013
TSM wrote:
I’ll bet the first story to be Release this Morning by the Liberal Media “ Republicans Cave” They must be Depress they must feel they failed the President because this wasn’t supposed to happen!! So today the Liberal propaganda begins!!
I hadn't considered that but it's a good idea: put the republicans in caves! There they can breed dinosaur pups to play with and pretty themselves up as best they can for the Rapture.
carol

Orlando, FL

#866624 Mar 1, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
That's debatable, but this is nothing even close to austerity.
The budget this year is still significantly larger than last year.
My bad. I mean spending, given there is no budget.
We only get to "austerity measures" if this president succeeds in taking us down the road of Europe by 2016.

We still have time to pass major reforms that will save both Medicare and SS and find reasonable and easy solutions to cut wasteful and unnecessary spending.

After this president gets tired of playing chicken with the republicans.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#866625 Mar 1, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why did you post "Hannity calls Ellison a black Muslim" in another post as if that was a big fat lie?
I didn't mean that it was a lie; I meant that Hannity and his followers, like you, will go on and on and on that he is a Muslim and he's black; thereby cementing in your narrow mind your white supremacist leanings. You were appalled that Mr. Ellison said what he said to Hannity; why is that?
Were you shocked that Mr. Ellison had the courage to stand up to Hannity, the quintessential white supremacist?
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#866626 Mar 1, 2013
Druckenmiller Sees Storm Worse Than ’08 as Seniors Steal

Stan Druckenmiller, one of the best- performing hedge fund managers of the past three decades, has a warning for the youth of America: Don’t let your grandparents steal your money.

Druckenmiller, 59, said the mushrooming costs of Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid, with unfunded liabilities as high as $211 trillion, will bankrupt the nation’s youth and pose a much greater danger than the country’s $16 trillion of debt currently being debated in Congress.

“While everybody is focusing on the here and now, there’s a much, much bigger storm that’s about to hit,” Druckenmiller said in an hour-long interview with Stephanie Ruhle on Bloomberg Television’s Market Makers.“I am not against seniors. What I am against is current seniors stealing from future seniors.”

Druckenmiller said unsustainable spending will eventually result in a crisis worse than the financial meltdown of 2008, when $29 trillion was erased from global equity markets. What’s particularly troubling, he said, is that government expenditures related to programs for the elderly rocketed in the past two decades, even before the first baby boomers, those born in 1946, started turning 65.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-03-01/druc...
carol

Orlando, FL

#866627 Mar 1, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Agree, Mr. Ellison should not have gone on that show; Hannity baited him and he bit; nevertheless, Mr. Ellisons popularity has grown, he said what everyone thinks and knows and the rest are; well, they're "the rest", the 20% nutfringe.
You should be ashamed, Lily, for siding with someone the likes of Ellison because of your blind hatred towards Hannity.

I'm ashamed of you enough for the both of us.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#866628 Mar 1, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
he has the upper hand. if he wants to stick with what he's been saying all along then why not? why should he be the one who has to compromise?
funny how you old arrogant white folks act like Obama is the one who's being arrogant. white privilege can be a real bitch eh?
Does Carol want Medicare and Social Security cuts? If I remember correctly; she may have recently come "of age" for those programs.
It's billionaires like Carol who don't care about the elderly and poor. She's an absolute genius, how did she become a billionaire on $15.00 an hour parttime?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 47 min Guru 186,834
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr _Zoey_ 5,882
New Rapper Seven Dyce 2 hr Seven Dyce 1
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 4 hr TRD 69,598
anybody know Glen Musielak? Glentech? (Mar '13) 5 hr Glen M 81
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 7 hr litesong 52,689
Abia state school of nursing 2015/16 form isout... 9 hr Mr paul 1
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]