Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
carol

Orlando, FL

#866328 Feb 28, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
When they come for you, nobody will care.
Now you're just splitting heirs.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#866329 Feb 28, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>Mistakes and worthless deranged cut-n-paste are proof that you are not thinking Polly Parrot, but trying...
He's a plastic parrot, too.

Polyethylene wanna cracker?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#866330 Feb 28, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Realistically, Stephen, you don't have much choice, do you?
Realistically?

Ha, Ha.

You and reality have nothing in common, not even a zipcode.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
wraparoundlily

Arvada, CO

#866331 Feb 28, 2013
Lily Boca Raton Fl wrote:
<quoted text>
What a load
All true, you're an idiot.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#866332 Feb 28, 2013
car0l wrote:
<quoted text>
Even you must realize this last isn't true. But the first part of your post is as true as true can be. I suggest you review it before your next chapter meeting. Carol, however, is putty in my hands... you watch and the master will teach you.
When posting on Topix, there is a fine line between "what's on your deranged mind" and "You should probably see a therapist about this?"

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
wraparoundlily

Arvada, CO

#866333 Feb 28, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Only an insecure man would do what you're doing.
Do you stalk this thread just waiting for me to come back on?
I scoured pages and pages for days and you weren't anywhere to be found.
The day after I tested the waters again, you were back.
That's kind of creepy.
It's the ridiculous Depends wearing old geezer dUm, ignore him and he'll change his name.
wraparoundlily

Arvada, CO

#866334 Feb 28, 2013
Overseer58 wrote:
This is Barack Obama's sequestration. He insisted on this instead of deficit reduction and now that he got it he doesn't know what the hell to do with it except lie about it.
The lying douche will be bragging about it in no time.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#866335 Feb 28, 2013
car0l wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh-huh. And LOOKEE HERE! I done found 'em too.
With age Realtime comes multi-tasking... YOU can laugh, cough, sneeze, fart, shit and pee all at the same time...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“It's all about the struggle”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#866336 Feb 28, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi, Sugarlips. You could tell these little ol' boys what ol' carol means, if you were of a mind to... it's like the tide, isn't it. It just sort of tugs on you all night long. ell ol' carol the truth, does he sleep in the chair?T
He sleeps wherever he pleases.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#866337 Feb 28, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
No, they won't.
They have no balls.
Sometimes in the winds of change and lies the lame stream media finds their direction. Obama's second term will not be as easy as his first. The lame stream media will sooner or later, eventually throw obama under the bus.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
World Champion

Brooklyn, NY

#866338 Feb 28, 2013
Have you ever made homemade beer from one of these home brewing panther piss outfits? When do I add the fecal matter to the vaginal yeast cakes? I'm going for a crazy horse malt licor this time.

“It's all about the struggle”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#866339 Feb 28, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Both, I suppose. I get inspired and awed when viewing moonlight through icicles on a cold crisp night of profound silence. Light's journey from the Sun to the Moon, through a clear night sky and then slowed through hanging ice, through my window, through my cornea, bouncing on to my retina , tickling my optic bio-cable and finally performing its magic within the mist of my neurons......reminds me of how much more important is the journey than the destination.
I envy any photon that enters the hallways of your mind.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
PDUPONT

Chester, MA

#866340 Mar 1, 2013
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
Bush years were FAR too generous-in erroneously allowing for too much credit in lending where lending should NOT have been lent.
We should allow the current oboticeconoy philosophy of
FweeDUHM for everone, to help the POOR WORKING class folks out on that--as tehy are just as ENTITLED to fweeduhm as Anyone else!!
HEY STUPID! The issuers of the shaky loans were unregulated mortgage brokers.
And just what the hell does it have to do with the willful ignorance of warnings that Bush got on what turned out to be the worst attack on US soil?
Typical right wing veering off the topic when they can't respond on facts.
You're an idiot!
PDUPONT

Chester, MA

#866341 Mar 1, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Where will the money come from to pay for Obama's government?
Well stupid, where did Reagan get the money to fund his ridiculous "Star Wars" and fund right wing murder squads in Central America? Where did Bush get the money to fund two wars and bail out Wall Street banks?
The answer is that we have a fiat currency and the Fed can issue as much as the country needs.
And once again imbecile, it's not Obama's government, it's our government.
You're an idiot DB!
PDUPONT

Chester, MA

#866342 Mar 1, 2013
lily waxman raton fl wrote:
<quoted text> Is that why Al Gore lost the 2000 election?
Actually he didn't moron. If the Republican appointees on the Supreme Court had allowed the full recount in Florida Gore would have taken the state and the election.
kollog

Pittsburgh, PA

#866343 Mar 1, 2013
youtube.com/watch...
well a fool and his Job soon departed,dont think Obama will last
PDUPONT

Chester, MA

#866344 Mar 1, 2013
carol wrote:
Bob Woodward is being threatened/"warned" by White House officials because of his outspokeness about this president's ineffective leadership.
On CNN, Woodward said a "very senior person" at the White House warned him in an email that he would "regret doing this," the same day he continued to slam President Barack Obama over the looming forced cuts known as the sequester.
Yeah except that the claims of a threat turn out to be a lie. That "very senior official" was in fact Gene Sperling who sent Woodward an email apologizing for raising his voice with him on a previous occasion. here's the part of the message that contains the "threat";
"But I do truly believe you should rethink your comment about saying saying that Potus asking for revenues is moving the goal post. I know you may not believe this, but as a friend, I think you will regret staking out that claim. The idea that the sequester was to force both sides to go back to try at a big or grand bargain with a mix of entitlements and revenues (even if there were serious disagreements on composition) was part of the DNA of the thing from the start."
In other words Sperling was advising his friend that he might want to hang his hat on something that wasn't actually factual and might come back to bite him in the azz later.
PDUPONT

Chester, MA

#866345 Mar 1, 2013
Aphelion wrote:
<quoted text>
You are incorrect. It stopped being our government 4 years ago when it was usurped by the current administration and the 47% of losers in this country.
The fact that you believe that the Founding Fathers put their lives on the line to support the "government" shows what an idiot you are. They fought and supported the country not the government you imbecile.
There was no usurpation you vomitous cretin, it was an election where the majority of the voters made their choice. And yes it is our government, it belongs to all citizens whatever race, religion, sexual orientation or station of life. It does not belong to the ultra rich plutocrats that the GOP wants to turn it over to.
Also moron if you don't have a government, you don't have a country. This government was built by the Founding Fathers.
You're an idiot!
USA HOLOCAUST

Fayetteville, NC

#866346 Mar 1, 2013
VOA News

March 01, 2013

U.S. President Barack Obama is due to meet at the White House Friday with top Republican and Democratic lawmakers to discuss a last-ditch effort to avoid across-the-board budget cuts scheduled to take effect before the day is over.

The meeting is largely viewed as symbolic, after dueling bills to avoid the cuts were defeated in the Senate Thursday, making $85 billion in automatic spending cuts appear inevitable once the Friday deadline passes.

President Obama has said the effects of the cuts on federal agencies - most notably defense, infrastructure spending, public schools and preschool care - will not be felt immediately, but instead will have what he calls a "tumble downward" effect. That means, the longer the cuts remain in place, the worse the damage they will cause.

Defense employees are expected to be forced to take unpaid time off work, while funding for big infrastructure projects will eventually halt.

States also would feel the effects, with fewer federal dollars coming in.

President Obama is blaming Republicans for the impasse, saying they voted to put the entire burden of deficit reduction on the middle class. Obama and many Democrats want to eliminate certain tax breaks for the wealthy to raise revenue along with spending cuts as a way to reduce the budget deficit.

Many Republicans oppose tax increases of any kind and want to focus solely on cutting spending. They accuse Democrats of exaggerating the impact of what is known as the sequester. The effects of the cuts may not be felt for several more weeks.
President Barack Obama gave a New Year's gift to returning members of Congress, federal workers and Vice President Joe Biden on Thursday, signing an executive order calling for an end to a years-long pay freeze.

As of March 27, 2013, federal employees will see a half-percent to one percent pay increase, marking the end of a pay freeze that has been in place since late 2010. Congress hasn't seen a pay raise since 2009.

According to the order, Biden's pay will increase from $225,521 to $231,900 a year, before taxes. House Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) will see his salary increased to $224,500 and Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) will take home an annual pay of $194,400 after his raise.

While Obama's order made no mention of merit for such a raise, HuffPost's Amanda Terkel reported on Friday that the 112th Congress is set to end the session as the most unproductive since the 1940s, with only 219 bills passed by the body becoming law. The raise won't take place until the 113th Congress, meaning that outgoing members will see no effect from the order.

Obama ordered the raise as he continues to negotiate unsuccessfully with congressional leaders to find a deal in order to avoid the fiscal cliff at the end of the year. If no agreement is met, over $500 billion in planned tax increases and spending cuts will be implemented.

HOW MUCH PROOF DO YOU NEED THAT OBAMA DOES NOT GIVE A DAMN ABOUT THE MIDDLE CLASS PEOPLE WHO ARE PAYING ALL THE TAXES!!!!!!!!!!
USA HOLOCAUST

Fayetteville, NC

#866347 Mar 1, 2013

Breaking News Rick Warren Prayer to Islam ISA Inauguration - end

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 38 min PEllen 98,504
amy 1-25 43 min PEllen 1
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 44 min JOEL 70,103
abby 10-25 45 min PEllen 1
Man fatally stabbed, 8 other people shot in Thu... 1 hr reality is a crutch 1
Mrs. Bush: History will vindicate her husband (Jun '08) 1 hr Swedenforever 54,525
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr scirocco 68,668
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr jacques Ottawa 179,459
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]