Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1278273 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

carol

Orlando, FL

#866557 Mar 1, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't plan to go shopping at all today. Or this week. Except groceries. Unlike Obama, I stick to a budget and especially don't buy things I already have a closetful of.
This president would rather release criminals on the street, ground flights and let firefighters go than clean out the friggin' closet.
Why won't he just clean out the closet, Homer? There's so much crap in it, it won't even be missed. I promise you.
Oh, c'mon now, carol in Orlando, a sequester do be a pretty good budget. If you cain't afford de extra aircraft carrier den you don' send one when de Israelis start jumpin' up an' down hollerin' fo' they hey-boy.
carol

Orlando, FL

#866558 Mar 1, 2013
Homer 2016 wrote:
Is it me or Carol 'extra' crazy today?
No, man, I noticed it too. It's like she's two different people and one of them's black.

Since: May 11

Loysville, PA

#866559 Mar 1, 2013
Jimmy wrote:
Hey! My electricity is still on and there are no riots in the streets. Was up Democrats?
I thought you said this Sequestor was going to be the end of the world. Was up libtards?
Welfare must have been exempted from sequester effects.
Homer 2016

Bethlehem, PA

#866560 Mar 1, 2013
Jimmy wrote:
Hey! My electricity is still on and there are no riots in the streets. Was up Democrats?
I thought you said this Sequestor was going to be the end of the world. Was up libtards?
This is the mindset of the typical rightwinger, they have a basic lack with regards to long term thinking. Look a shiny piece of metal! Just kidding, focus.
carol

Orlando, FL

#866561 Mar 1, 2013
Angela, you said everything was going to be all right!!! Do you realize he's been wearing my clothes????

Since: Nov 09

Pharr, TX

#866562 Mar 1, 2013
Nurse Judgit wrote:
<quoted text> Have you forgotten to take your daily judgit pill today?
Thank you for yet another opportunity to talk about the judge-it fraud;

If you find out your kid has been cheating at school do you call the teacher and tell him to quit catching your kid or do you tell your kid to quit cheating?
carol

Orlando, FL

#866563 Mar 1, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Ellison is African-American and is a devotee of the Islamic faith.
Ellison admits that he worked on behalf of the Nation of Islam in 1995. Ellison appeared onstage with Khalid Abdul Muhammad who, in a Star Tribune article said, "If words were swords, the chests of Jews, gays and whites would be pierced."

http://www.weeklystandard.com/Content/Public/...

Did I mention we aren't in Kansas anymore?
carol

Orlando, FL

#866564 Mar 1, 2013
Forum wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe it was the slave trade.
Oh, um, sure... that makes sense...?
Jimmy

Newington, CT

#866565 Mar 1, 2013
Homer 2016 wrote:
It's you libtard. I'm surprised you know the difference, scatterbrain.
Homer 2016

Bethlehem, PA

#866566 Mar 1, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>And he's an economist, so is his wife.
Yeah Homer, the Reagan era spawned some real doozies didn't it?
Yep and spawned the Bush years. I'm telling you, you can trace a lot of the stuff we are dealing with today back to the Reagan years.
carol

Orlando, FL

#866567 Mar 1, 2013
Now, fellas, you gots to hand it to them cause they work hard to keep it all together. It hard to remain unified through a wall of crazy shit like pope's, an' peckers, an' peons. But am I the only one or do y'all feel the fabric of the tea party just shredding against the weight of all that saggy white flesh?
carol

Orlando, FL

#866568 Mar 1, 2013
Jimmy wrote:
Heheheheheh, you obviously not in the military, cracker.
Jimmy

Newington, CT

#866569 Mar 1, 2013
Homer 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>This is the mindset of the typical rightwinger, they have a basic lack with regards to long term thinking. Look a shiny piece of metal! Just kidding, focus.
Hahahaha!!!! Moron!

You lefties are upset because the "increase" in spending has been reduced due to Obamma's idea which he tried to say wasn't. This means it's less money borrowed that future generations will need to pay on borrowed money; and you have the gall to say "we" have no long-term thinking?

What a moron!

What a flocking idiot!
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#866570 Mar 1, 2013
Homer 2016 wrote:
And extra stupid__she's misspelling words again.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#866571 Mar 1, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, Sonic, that wasn't me. That was "him" and you know who I mean when I say, "him..."
uh what? "him"?

so which carol are you? "her"?

but you could be the fake carol just messin' with me. you know (gasp): "him"!

[I'm shedding IQ points by the second hangin' out in this cesspool of unnatural natural selection.}
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#866572 Mar 1, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
With his victory to the United States House of Representatives Ellison became the first Muslim elected to the Federal Government and the highest Muslim elected official in the United States with Congressman André Carson elected in 2008 as the only other Muslim serving in the U.S. Congress.
Ellison won election to represent the Minneapolis-centered Fifth District earlier this month becoming the first Muslim elected to Congress in the country.
http://web.archive.org/web/20061130064604/htt...
Do you confirm anything, Lily, before blindly believing something false?
What are you talking about? I know Keith Ellison is a Muslim. So? Are you all on a witch hunt now? Look under your bed, maybe there are some commies and muslims and black panthers, oh my!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#866573 Mar 1, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
debatable?
The most unsettling prospect with Gov. Scott Walker is the notion that he might actually believe what he is saying about the budget he is proposing for Wisconsin.
When Walker assumed the governorship two years ago, Wisconsin was holding its own economically. Job growth was competitive with neighboring states and the nation.
No more. Since Walker began implementing his austerity agenda, growth has stalled.
The state now ranks No. 42 in the nation when it comes to job creation.
The unemployment rate in Wisconsin is 6.6%, compared to 7.8% nationally.

Looks like Governor Walker is doing a much better job economically than the boy in the White House.
carol

Orlando, FL

#866574 Mar 1, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Ellison admits that he worked on behalf of the Nation of Islam in 1995. Ellison appeared onstage with Khalid Abdul Muhammad who, in a Star Tribune article said, "If words were swords, the chests of Jews, gays and whites would be pierced."
http://www.weeklystandard.com/Content/Public/...
Did I mention we aren't in Kansas anymore?
Um, nope, nope, you still in Kansas. They jus' painted a Disneyland mural on the walls of you room hopin' it'd calm you down enough so dey can gets you pills into you. Din't you ever wonder why Mickey wasn't ever givin' you a big hug?
Jimmy

Newington, CT

#866575 Mar 1, 2013
OldRaider wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for yet another opportunity to talk about the judge-it fraud;
If you find out your kid has been cheating at school do you call the teacher and tell him to quit catching your kid or do you tell your kid to quit cheating?
If we are Democrs, we only point it out when non-Democrats are cheating at school.

Any other questions, shit for brains?
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#866576 Mar 1, 2013
Homer 2016 wrote:
Which one?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 9 min JRB 197,103
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 18 min Mothra 54,601
News Should prostitution be less illegal-or more? 51 min robert 4
"Slave clothes" My New, Original Work by Patric... 1 hr Outlaw Entitlements 2
Kim K has such a large azz, it turns me OFF. 2 hr Condoms unnecessary 1
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 5 hr contrary opinion 100,673
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 5 hr 40ish 6,443
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages