Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 39,857)

Showing posts 797,121 - 797,140 of1,036,276
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: May 11

Fayetteville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

proud2bwhite wrote:
<quoted text> what did I say that was racist?
You defended the use of racial slurs.

Why would anyone do that except for another racist.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

OldRaider wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm already looking forward to 2016 to watch you racist teabaggers squirm. Your Republican party is doing everything they can to bring in the Hispanic vote and the frontrunner candidate for president, Bobby Jindal, is darker than Obama.
"Racism inciter awert, Racism inceiter awert"!!

Minduhless IDIOTS like you, judge the reading material in books by duh pikshures on der covers too no doubt.

Since: May 11

Fayetteville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>When posting on Topix, there is a fine line between "what's on your mind" RalDave and "You should probably see a therapist about 15,161 posts."
You can't get back on your feet until you first get up off your ass.
FloriDUH

There is nothing sadder than a dumbass uninformed right whiner posting thinking they are clever.

I have news.

You aren't.

Those posts you make over & over are just plain dumb.

I feel sorry for you every time I see one of these.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

OldRaider wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm already looking forward to 2016 to watch you racist teabaggers squirm. Your Republican party is doing everything they can to bring in the Hispanic vote and the frontrunner candidate for president, Bobby Jindal, is darker than Obama.
And show your LEGAL voter ID or go back to where you crawled out from.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
"Racism inciter awert, Racism inceiter awert"!!
Minduhless IDIOTS like you, judge the reading material in books by duh pikshures on der covers too no doubt.
dude. spell check your Kentucky 'intellect'.
THE CHILDREN OF SATAN

Fayetteville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
“My sense,” Obama said, talking about the GOP position on the sequester,“is that their basic view is that nothing is important enough to raise taxes on wealthy individuals or corporations, and they would prefer to see these kinds of cuts that could slow down our recovery over closing tax loopholes. And that’s the thing that binds their party together at this point.”
So Republicans would rather see the country sink into sequester-induced Hades than harm one hair on the heads of their rich friends? Really?
One can be sure, once the sequester takes hold, that every teacher, fireman and police officer who has lost a job – along with anyone whose ambulance didn’t arrive in time or whose flight was delayed more than 15 minutes – will be paraded through the East Room so that all might know only cold hearts beat in Republicans’ breasts.
http://blogs.reuters.com/great-debate/2013/02...
READ MY LIPS!OBAMA SAYS THE BUCK STOPS WITH HIM OR IS HE
GOING TO PASS THE BUCK AGAIN?

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Since: Nov 09

Alamo, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you so stupid that you don't see the poliTICal WARPEDNESS of even WHINEDUHMLY whining ANY sort of "racism"...
on ILLEGALS here-ILLEGALLY, increasing daily due to any LACK of "influx containment" policy (in large part thx to Obloviated OKennedy and his alteration of allowing such drainnage with his screen door wide open plocies of the stoopid of the 1960's)- as in with OUT proper ID or any intention of obtaining such?
At least have one shred of a hint of braincell that libuhrulTICS like you are truly ignorantly poliTiCally WARPED.
Not sure what to make of this?
1. Is this supposed to be funny?
2. Are you defending racism?
3. Is this related to a medication you're on?
4. Is this a cry for help?
5. Is your computer malfunctioning?
6. Are you an ignorant, pathetic, mentally ill moron?
VeryNotSurpriZed

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

waxywaxturd wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm never at a loss for sockpuppets. I use them to make it appear I have "backup" while everyone here actually avoids me. Such a clever troll!! Meanwhile it's just me all by my lonesome. It keeps me occupied! Better than a mass shooting I suppose. The epitome of a small, twisted mind.
Not Surprized! ROTFLMAO!
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

THE CHILDREN OF SATAN wrote:
<quoted text>READ MY LIPS!OBAMA SAYS THE BUCK STOPS WITH HIM OR IS HE
GOING TO PASS THE BUCK AGAIN?
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
i don't watch right wing youtube indoctrination videos.

i usually go to a birther site for my laughs. WND is a real hoot.
THE CHILDREN OF SATAN

Fayetteville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

WASHINGTON (AP)— President Barack Obama is arguing that looming government-wide spending cuts could idle military resources like naval aircraft carriers, while Republicans are criticizing the president for taking his arguments outside Washington instead of staying to work out a plan before Friday's deadline.

The president planned to appear Tuesday at Virginia's largest industrial employer, Newport News Shipbuilding, which would be affected by cuts to naval spending. Obama warned Monday that if the so-called sequester goes into effect later this week, the company's "workers will sit idle when they should be repairing ships, and a carrier sits idle when it should be deploying to the Persian Gulf."

[READ: Obama Warns Cuts Could Idle Shipbuilder]

Obama urged Congress to compromise to avoid the cuts, but there has been no indication the White House and congressional Republicans are actively negotiating a deal. The last known conversation between Obama and GOP leaders was last week, and there have been no in-person meetings between the parties this year.

Obama wants the replace the sequester with a package of targeted cuts and tax increases, while Republican leaders insist the savings should come from reduced spending alone.

YES OBAMA PASSING THE BUCK AGAIN SAME status quo!!
5 YEARS NOW IS THIS WHAT THE 51% THAT VOTED FOR OBAMA
WANTS??WAKE UP AND SMELL THE ROSES!
VeryNotSurpriZed

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

waxywaxturd wrote:
Good morning my topix friends!! I am a bit tired right now as I've been up most of the night judging posts and talking for hours back and forth to myself and my very own sockpuppets!!!!!! To say it was exhausting would be an understatement! I got off to a slow start with the judgit competition this morning so please, keep judging the posts without me. Dont' worry, I will most assuredly catch up at some point.
After I get another clean pair of depends on (industrial strength), take my meds and have a quick chat with my doctor I will be ready to roar back to life judging your posts!!!
Warmest Hugs and love, Not Surprized.
ps Please stop ignoring No Surprise(Florida) me as you have done all week. They are very upset. Topix is our whole life!!! Throw me a bone once in awhile my friends!!!
If any of the gentlemen on the forum want to chit chat do not hesitate to leave me your phone number, I will call you!!!!
Sincerely, Not Surprized
Not Surprized! ROTFLMAO!
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

The GOP Rage Machine and Its Mainstream Apologists

....Someone like Fournier probably thinks that he’s not supposed to take positions. But in these three columns, he took a position whether he knows it or not: He took the position that a president who has cut spending three times as much as he has increased revenue, and whose current offer, a mostly even mix of cuts and revenues, is backed by three-quarters of the American people, is being no more reasonable than a minority party that says our way or the highway whose position is supported by 19 percent of the people.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/02...
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

How the Sequester Will Harm Republican States

Republicans cheering for the sequester to kick in this week may find that their big-government states will suffer the most.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/02...

If Utah suffers a few months of layoffs, declining retail sales and slumping tourism, Sen. Hatch will be singing from the Keynesian hymnal.
Taneisha MoAnique Says

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

THE CHILDREN OF SATAN wrote:
WASHINGTON (AP)— President Barack Obama is arguing that looming government-wide spending cuts could idle military resources like naval aircraft carriers, while Republicans are criticizing the president for taking his arguments outside Washington instead of staying to work out a plan before Friday's deadline.
The president planned to appear Tuesday at Virginia's largest industrial employer, Newport News Shipbuilding, which would be affected by cuts to naval spending. Obama warned Monday that if the so-called sequester goes into effect later this week, the company's "workers will sit idle when they should be repairing ships, and a carrier sits idle when it should be deploying to the Persian Gulf."
[READ: Obama Warns Cuts Could Idle Shipbuilder]
Obama urged Congress to compromise to avoid the cuts, but there has been no indication the White House and congressional Republicans are actively negotiating a deal. The last known conversation between Obama and GOP leaders was last week, and there have been no in-person meetings between the parties this year.
Obama wants the replace the sequester with a package of targeted cuts and tax increases, while Republican leaders insist the savings should come from reduced spending alone.
YES OBAMA PASSING THE BUCK AGAIN SAME status quo!!
5 YEARS NOW IS THIS WHAT THE 51% THAT VOTED FOR OBAMA
WANTS??WAKE UP AND SMELL THE ROSES!
will golfing be cut? date nights all over the world on Air Force One? what about Moochelle's many expensive vacations?

“NuculurNUTsurpri Zed=WAXMAN”

Since: Feb 13

FROM CT. to JUDGE YOUR POSTS!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

Hello my topix friends!!! Hope you all had a wonderful night and also also hoping some of you will join me today for the judgit tournament I have planned. If you would like to participate, leave your phone number in my private topix message box!! As I have revealed, if you want to get an edge in the judgit race, doubled up depends are a must. And constipating foods are a big help!! I recommend cheese and lots of it!! Multiple IP adresses are a must as well!!!!! I'll be waiting!!!!!!!!!

Hugs of warmth! Waxman.
Taneisha MoAnique Says

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
What is going on in the Republican Party? In a major departure from the national party’s stance—and even from past statements by the candidates—at least 75 Republicans signed a legal brief on Monday that says gay people have the constitutional right to marry. The brief will be submitted to a California court this week as part of a suit against the state’s controversial Proposition 8, a 2008 ballot measure that outlawed gay marriage. Among the signatures were 2012 Republican presidential candidate Jon Huntsman, former California gubernatorial candidate Meg Whitman—who campaigned for Proposition 8 during her run—and several high-profile officials from the Bush and Reagan White Houses—although prominent pro-gay-marriage Republicans Laura Bush and Dick Cheney had not signed yet.
http://www.thedailybeast.com/cheats/2013/02/2...
could they be changin their minds, like Obammy did? and it isn't even an election year!

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
When does Obama plan to begin acting as POTUS?
When he decides to stop campaigning and learns how to govern.
As a leader he is a failure.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

Jennifer Rubin’s Infantile Conservatism

The Washington Post blogger promulgates hysteria, not the philosophy of Reagan.

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/articl...

check the pic.
Taneisha MoAnique Says

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

Twenty years ago today, at about 17 minutes past noon, a massive truck bomb exploded in the parking garage of the World Trade Center. Six Americans were murdered and more than 1,000 were injured in the first attempt by Islamist extremists to blow up the buildings. Radical terrorism once largely limited to the Middle East had come to America.

While devastating, the damage that day was only a fraction of what Al Qaeda operative Ramzi Yousef and his co-conspirators intended. Yousef’s uncle, Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, finished the job when hijackers flew jetliners into the twin towers on 9/11.

But the 1993 bombing of the World Trade Center, coming a few weeks after President Clinton’s swearing-in, was a tipping point in what would become a new type of war against the evolving threat of terrorism.

The core lesson that our intelligence community learned that day is that the United States must never underestimate those bent on destroying our freedom, no matter how remote or obscure an enemy may seem. At the time, Omar Abdel-Rahman,“the blind sheikh,” was seen as a local religious leader. Today we know he was influential in some of Al Qaeda’s highest profile plots against the United States. He was linked to but not indicted in the 1993 bombing, and he remains a symbol of jihad throughout the extremist world.

Before the attack in 1993, the name Al Qaeda was not a part of the American lexicon. The government’s initial response to the World Trade Center bombing was from a LAW ENFORCEMENT APPROACH.

Our intelligence community and military were not fully engaged until years later — when President George W. Bush elevated our fight against extremism to a multi-pronged war.

While largely unknown by U.S. intelligence two decades ago, Al Qaeda’s efforts to attack Americans both on U.S. soil and abroad were increasing. Months after the first World Trade Center attack, in October 1993, Al Qaeda helped Somali warlords attack the U.S. in the “Black Hawk Down” battle. However, our government still was not focused on the terror group, and the news media NEVER published or broadcast its name that year, even though it had been established since 1989.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/opinion/lessons-wo...
Taneisha MoAnique Says

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

In 1995, Yousef unsuccessfully tried to orchestrate the simultaneous explosions of 11 U.S. airliners over the Pacific en route to the United States. Only that year did a small group of officials begin to hunt for Osama Bin Laden.

Between that time and Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist groups were largely left alone in lawless safe havens in Afghanistan to recruit, train, raise funds and build logistical networks to conduct attacks against the United States. In Bin Laden’s 1996 fatwa, he stated that after terror attacks killed U.S. troops in Beirut and Mogadishu,“You left the area carrying disappointment, humiliation, defeat and your dead with you.”

Today, the threat landscape has changed. Though our military efforts have scattered and decimated the core of Al Qaeda’s operations and leadership, franchises such as those that attacked the BP gas facility in Algeria share its mission and have reach inside the United States.

Al QAEDA’s North African affiliates have become EMBOLDENED BY OUR TIMID RESPONSE TO BENGHAZI, Libya, have gained significant wealth by ratcheting up multi-million dollar kidnappings for ransom and they use this wealth to fund operations against the West. Today, North Africa is the next theater of operations in the war on terror.

As the administration draws down troops abroad, it must maintain a comprehensive strategy for combating the increasingly decentralized nature of the Al Qaeda movement. Just as we have expanded our counterterrorism efforts into Pakistan, whether through the use of drones, special forces or additional intelligence gathering, our efforts in North Africa must address the reality that Al Qaeda in the region is spreading and building as a threat to our homeland. These sons of Al Qaeda are committed to finishing the task they started on U.S. soil 20 years ago.

Today, as we mourn those who have been lost, we also must recognize that SECURITY NOW REQUIRES MORE THAN SPEECHES AND SANCTIONS. With each new day should come a resilient ambition to find and root out those who will use any means necessary to destroy our freedom and way of life.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/opinion/lessons-wo...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 797,121 - 797,140 of1,036,276
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

108 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 5 min mdbuilder 43,125
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 6 min Stina2 96,212
Abby 4-23 7 min _Annabella_ 12
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 8 min Frijoles 65,499
Amy 4-23 9 min _Annabella_ 21
Song Titles Only (group/artist in parenthesis m... (Mar '10) 10 min Dream Crystal 7,554
Song Title Game (Dec '11) 14 min Dream Crystal 1,024
ask amy 4-22 1 hr Sublime1 67
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••