Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
797,081 - 797,100 of 1,100,230 Comments Last updated 27 min ago
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#866008 Feb 28, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Yep.
Scott is in a tough spot, he needs to distance himself from the TeaParty if he wants to gain a second term but he doesn't quite understand how to do it.
His worst nightmare is having to face another Republican in a primary.
I haven't heard any news about potential (D) candidates__Crist maybe, seems like he's lost most of his popularity. Alex Sink's husband died a few months back, I think she's finished with politics.
She was a lacklustre candidate in my opinion. We sure could use a governor with some personality; I can't imagine Scott getting re elected, even though he's throwing money at teachers and education and accepted the Obamacare money.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#866009 Feb 28, 2013
OldRaider wrote:
<quoted text>
New record for NARCISSISM on Topix! Waxturd awarded himself 35 (that's right thirty-five) Brilliant judge-its for this dumbass post!
LOL! that's pathetic

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Patriot

Longmont, CO

#866010 Feb 28, 2013
War on Drugs surpasses its own absurdity!

Man arrested on Marijuana charges for having "green tongue!!!"

http://www.activistpost.com/2013/02/washingto...

They'd hate to have this cash cow tampered with by the People:

http://beforeitsnews.com/alternative/2013/02/...

----------

"Prohibition will work great injury to the cause of temperance. It is a species of intemperance within itself, for it goes beyond the bounds of reason in that it attempts to control a man's appetite by legislation, and makes a crime out of things that are not crimes. A Prohibition law strikes a blow at the very principles upon which Our government was founded."

Abraham Lincoln (1809-65), U.S. President.
Speech, 18 Dec. 1840, to Illinois House of Representatives

----

Until Congressional politicians reform Cannabis laws or ANY UnConstitutional 'law', jury nullification is one of the only ways to avoid imposing cruel "mandatory minimum" penalties on Cannabis users, growers and sellers who don't deserve to go to prison.

So, if you ever serve on a jury where the defendant is accused of a Cannabis crime, don't forget about jury nullification. Tell the other jurors you don't have to convict, even if all the evidence points to guilt, if you don't agree with the application of the 'law' in this instance. And if you can't swing your peers to your way of thinking, at least you can cause the jury to return a hung verdict.

-----

"Jurors should acquit, even against the judge's instruction... if exercising their judgement with discretion and honesty they have a clear conviction the charge of the court is wrong." ~ Alexander Hamilton, 1804

"It is not only the juror's right, but his duty to find the verdict according to his own best understanding, judgement and conscience, though in direct opposition to the instruction of the court." ~ John Adams, 1771
lily waxman raton fl

Pompano Beach, FL

#866011 Feb 28, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Bush to the Press: "You're Assuming That You Represent the Public. I Don't Accept That."
Obama to the Press: "You're Assuming That You Represent Me. I Love to Accept That".
lily waxman raton fl

Pompano Beach, FL

#866012 Feb 28, 2013
<quoted text>
She was a lacklustre candidate in my opinion. We sure could use a governor with some personality; I can't imagine Scott getting re elected, even though he's throwing money at teachers and education and accepted the Obamacare money.
OMG...He's following Obama's campaign strategy...You should be wearing one of his buttons to Happy Hour!
lily waxman raton fl

Pompano Beach, FL

#866013 Feb 28, 2013
<quoted text>
LOL! that's pathetic
Well, that's what you get for voting Obama in again.
Taneisha MoAnique Says

New York, NY

#866014 Feb 28, 2013
lily waxman raton fl wrote:
<quoted text> lily's love for the race card endures, even during Early Bird Happy Hour
she also forces her undocumented pool boy to do the job no other american wants to do. he's still missing parts from his vacuum.

“God bless you, Mr. President”

Since: Jul 08

Peaceful, prosperous second

#866015 Feb 28, 2013
<quoted text>
Bush to the Press: "You're Assuming That You Represent the Public. I Don't Accept That."
Well, he was the "decider" after all...I liked Romney saying he stood by whatever he'd said even though he didn't remember having said it.
TSM

El Paso, TX

#866016 Feb 28, 2013
The Liberal Media why they won’t ask ‘Tough Questions’!! The answer is pretty simple they fear they’ll be denied’ Access’ to the President!! But you idiots created the Messiah and you have the Power to bring this administration to its Knees by simply doing Your Jobs!! ASKING TOUGH QUESTIONS!!

“Seriously Misguided Democrat”

Since: Oct 12

Chicago Thugtown

#866017 Feb 28, 2013
OldRaider wrote:
<quoted text>
New record for NARCISSISM on Topix! Waxturd awarded himself 35 (that's right thirty-five) Brilliant judge-its for this dumbass post!
Hehe...

Hey there Judgeit Nut!

It was funny this morning.

Jimmy was up 5 then some lib had Jimmy beat. It was back & forth right up through the twenties and the lib couldn't keep up and quit.

Is Jimmy the one doing the judgeits to stop you liberals from doing the same, hypocrite?

Jimmy sure must be smarter & faster than you, eh lowlife?

Bingo tonight? I'll let you wear your silly hat & make a fool out of yourself with your Ammo arguments. You will think you are someone important!

Hey, where's my judgits? Dag Nab It. Someone deleted my judgeits!

ROFLMAO!!!!
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#866018 Feb 28, 2013
<quoted text>
I forgot to mention that Orlando mayor Buddy Dyer (D) who was sort of testing the waters has decided to stick with Orlando. He could easily defeat Scott but as I said governor of Florida requires real work__not like Texas where the only thing Governors do is sign death warrants.
carol

Orlando, FL

#866019 Feb 28, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Gay is a race now, Archie?
It is if you're looking at shoes, honey. "OMI-GAWD! Did you SEE the Ferragamo's down at Oscar's Ped-i-palace?"
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#866020 Feb 28, 2013
Taneisha MoAnique Says wrote:
<quoted text>she also forces her undocumented pool boy to do the job no other american wants to do. he's still missing parts from his vacuum.
I thought you were in jail jane; wasn't that you who pushed that man in front of the train and killed him; because he was a muslim?
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#866021 Feb 28, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>I forgot to mention that Orlando mayor Buddy Dyer (D) who was sort of testing the waters has decided to stick with Orlando. He could easily defeat Scott but as I said governor of Florida requires real work__not like Texas where the only thing Governors do is sign death warrants.
Oh right, you did mention him; well, we shall see who takes it on, hope somebody good. I'm pretty sure Crist is intending to run
carol

Orlando, FL

#866022 Feb 28, 2013
Leo, honey, what about we take a day off from this banal banter and just get under the covers naked with some Chipotle mustard and some bagel chips and watch old movies... like... Ferris Beuhller (sp?) or something? I'm trying not to seem dated... which is not that hard since I haven't had a date since last week when that tall thin French girl woke up screaming and ran out of the cabana because I'd gone to sleep with top of a George Bush bobblehead on my winky and it was poking her in the ass again.... as he is wont to do...
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#866023 Feb 28, 2013
With automatic budget cuts set to kick in tomorrow, here's a really short version of today's episode of Sequester Theater: In the Senate, Democrats and Republicans will hold dueling votes on plans to avert the sequester. The Democratic plan will likely get more than 50 votes, and the Republican plan certainly won't. Despite getting a majority, the Democratic plan will likely fail, however—unless Republicans decide not to filibuster it. In the House, nothing will happen.
Here's an even shorter version: Congress is completely dysfunctional. The only people who are doing anything remotely serious to stop the sequester are Senate Democrats, but they can't even put pressure on House Republicans because a handful of old-timers blocked filibuster reform, giving Senate Republicans veto power.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/02/28/1190...
carol

Orlando, FL

#866024 Feb 28, 2013
TSM wrote:
The Liberal Media why they won’t ask ‘Tough Questions’!! The answer is pretty simple they fear they’ll be denied’ Access’ to the President!! But you idiots created the Messiah and you have the Power to bring this administration to its Knees by simply doing Your Jobs!! ASKING TOUGH QUESTIONS!!
Oh, sweetie, there's a perfectly simple explanation for all that! That darned old liberal media went to journalism school and learned a bunch of rules and shit, many of which are designed to protect the "mark" from unnecessary embarrassment or harassment. A code of conduct if you will. That's why we turned our heads when Dan Rather tripped up while collecting the very real dirt on l'il George when he got arrested in Alabama for drugs and coulodn't show up for National Guard duty cause he was out pickin' up trash on the highway (all true, but would've required the "tough" questions.)

Now when you go to journalism school in the basement of the mormon church... you are - reasonably enough - not bound by any such strictures. Quite the contrary you're bound only by your three wives and your holy underwear.
TSM

El Paso, TX

#866025 Feb 28, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Gay is a race now, Archie?
Leosnana....Do you mean a Race of Confusion?
carol

Orlando, FL

#866026 Feb 28, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>It wasn't all McCain's "Bomb, bomb, bomb, bomb, bomb Iran," or R'Money's using Breitbart opinions as facts and getting called on them, it's the obvious intolerance in his 47% comments that were caught on camera for all the world to hear (perhaps the corporate moochers should have remembered to tip their wait staff well), that spelled the beginning of the end of the Rethuglican party for the next generation.(BTW, Obama was talking about "stops" not states and had a slip of the tongue, but tin-foil hat Beck was going with his Islam conspiracy theories at the time and you just swallowed the whole thing--debunked emails and all. I feel sorry for you. Really.)
Hey, that could be put to the same music as Barbara Ann.

(You know Ba-Ba-Ba Ba-Barbara Ann?)

Except bomb-bomb-bomb bomb-bomb-Iran.

“Seriously Misguided Democrat”

Since: Oct 12

Chicago Thugtown

#866027 Feb 28, 2013
Where'd you go Grey Ghost? Bumpass?

ROFLMAO!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 6 min SLY WEST 570
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr lmao 46,314
Abby 8-29 1 hr pde 11
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 1 hr andet1987 1,452
Word (Dec '08) 1 hr andet1987 4,652
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 2 hr J RULES 68,989
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 2 hr Mimi Seattle 97,933
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr wojar 177,384
•••
•••