Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1252691 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Nov 09

Pharr, TX

#866361 Mar 1, 2013
Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
You are such a douchebag. It was Obama's idea, tool.
Guess what? The Sun came this morning. Your lying scumbag president is full of shit, just like you, weasel.
ESA.
You're actually right on this one waxturd, sequestration was Obama's idea, that's my point. You spent all last night supporting it (just like your teabagger friends) and claiming it was Democrats that feared it. Not me, I think it's a great idea!
Sit back and watch as Obama plays this out and ends up with the revenue he is demanding. Some men have a set of balls. Unlike narcissistic cowards like you.

Judged:

20

20

20

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Just a minute

New York, NY

#866363 Mar 1, 2013
The GOP Can't Have it Both Ways on Sequestration

Doesn't this kind of talk contradict the story line that the sequester was all President Obama's idea (and therefore his fault?)

We asked him to commit to us that when the cuts actually came on March 1, that he would stand firm and not give in, and hes holding to that, said Representative Steve Scalise, Republican of Louisiana and chairman of the conservative Republican Study Committee.I think Friday will be an important day that shows were finally willing to stand and fight for conservative principles and force Washington to start living within its means. And that will be a big victory.

Representative Mick Mulvaney, a South Carolina Republican who was elected on the 2010 Tea Party wave and has had his differences with the speaker, was similarly complimentary toward Mr. Boehner.

Hes doing exactly what he said he was going to do, and I think its working to our favor and to his, Mr. Mulvaney said.I get the feeling that our party is probably more unified right now than it has been at any time in the last several months.

If so many Republicans will go on record expressing approval of the sequester going into effect - even as the president emphatically urges negotiations to avert it - won't the party have to take responsibility for the sequester's effects? If popular, the GOP will get credit. But if not ...
RUSH10ME

Hayes, VA

#866364 Mar 1, 2013
OldRaider wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama ran on the promise to force the wealthy to help row the boat, that's just what he's doing.
I'm loving the frantic panic from right wingers who can only sit and watch a strong president lead and not buckle under.
He's not getting a tax hike this time is he , now that everybody will see what a liar he is trying to panic the country like the putz he is , I'm lovin it .

Judged:

18

18

18

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Nov 09

Pharr, TX

#866365 Mar 1, 2013
Wonder where the judge-its are coming from all of the sudden?
Yesterday Waxturd confesses to rigging Judge-its:
Page 40,035 : Post#866017

Waxturd/Goober/Jimmy
<Quoted text>
"Hey there Judgeit Nut!
It was funny this morning.
Jimmy was up 5 then some lib had Jimmy beat. It was back & forth right up through the twenties and the lib couldn't keep up and quit.
Jimmy sure must be smarter & faster than you, eh lowlife?"

Pathetic.

Judged:

19

19

19

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Nov 09

Pharr, TX

#866368 Mar 1, 2013
RUSH10ME wrote:
<quoted text>He's not getting a tax hike this time is he , now that everybody will see what a liar he is trying to panic the country like the putz he is , I'm lovin it .
Do you really believe that Obama will cave without getting revenue? He isn't "trying to panic the country", he's keeping a promise to have a budget that EVERY economist agrees needs both cuts and revenue. You have to watch something besides FOX to ever escape your fantasy world. Are you loving being uninformed?

Judged:

19

19

18

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#866369 Mar 1, 2013
OldRaider wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you really believe that Obama will cave without getting revenue? He isn't "trying to panic the country", he's keeping a promise to have a budget that EVERY economist agrees needs both cuts and revenue. You have to watch something besides FOX to ever escape your fantasy world. Are you loving being uninformed?
Hi Timmy.. Eh.. You still looking for liberals with the same mental disorder and fantasies as you?

Judged:

19

18

18

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
RUSH10ME

Hayes, VA

#866370 Mar 1, 2013
OldRaider wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you really believe that Obama will cave without getting revenue? He isn't "trying to panic the country", he's keeping a promise to have a budget that EVERY economist agrees needs both cuts and revenue. You have to watch something besides FOX to ever escape your fantasy world. Are you loving being uninformed?
You are a baffoon , why has there not been a budget in almost 5 years ?

Judged:

18

18

18

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
carol

Orlando, FL

#866371 Mar 1, 2013
I thought I'd stop by and club a few baby seal fetuses but what do I find? The same old horse's-ass trying to be profound. Give it up, Trigger, the reason the view in your stall never changes is because Roy had you stuffed, remember?

Judged:

16

16

16

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
carol

Orlando, FL

#866372 Mar 1, 2013
Ok, there's one now... a "baffoon?"

Judged:

16

16

16

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
carol

Orlando, FL

#866373 Mar 1, 2013
<noise of clubbing>

Judged:

15

15

15

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Just a minute

Totowa, NJ

#866374 Mar 1, 2013
WILL OBAMA LIE AGAIN wrote:
<quoted text>
THE TEA PARTY WHO THE GOP AND DEM HATE ARE THE ONES THAT HAVE GOT ANY DAMN SENSE!THEY BELEIVE IN TERM limites, THAT WE NEED FOR ALL elected officials!!!
The fact that polls universally show that people blame Republicans in Congress appears not to have penetrated their thick skulls. Congress will back down when the shyt starts flying. It's just a matter of time. Sequesters never run their course. It's time for the Tea Party to start acting like adults and for Congress to do it's job.
carol

Orlando, FL

#866375 Mar 1, 2013
A secure man wouldn't need to behave like this to secure attention for himself by stealing the name and identity of a poor, helpless, somewhat desperate woman such as myself. What?... what's that you say? Well thank you! Yes, they are quite nice, don't you think? Yes, yes, I know you just said so... but I guess I was just fishing for compliments... what? My brain is like a giant grouper? Thank you!

Judged:

14

14

14

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#866376 Mar 1, 2013
carol wrote:
I thought I'd stop by and club a few baby seal fetuses but what do I find? The same old horse's-ass trying to be profound. Give it up, Trigger, the reason the view in your stall never changes is because Roy had you stuffed, remember?
Realtime is the authority on pets and farm animals.

Judged:

15

14

14

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
carol

Orlando, FL

#866377 Mar 1, 2013
Just a minute wrote:
<quoted text>
The fact that polls universally show that people blame Republicans in Congress appears not to have penetrated their thick skulls. Congress will back down when the shyt starts flying. It's just a matter of time. Sequesters never run their course. It's time for the Tea Party to start acting like adults and for Congress to do it's job.
Well, maybe, but personally I feel it's time to club the tea party to death like a herd of baby seals.

Judged:

12

12

12

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Nov 09

Pharr, TX

#866378 Mar 1, 2013
RUSH10ME wrote:
<quoted text>You are a baffoon , why has there not been a budget in almost 5 years ?
You still don't get it do you?
Cuts AND revenue.
Guess what obstructionist party protecting their wealthy donors won't pass a budget with revenue in it?

Judged:

16

16

15

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#866379 Mar 1, 2013
Tea Party Republicans are crowing about the "sequestration" cuts beginning today (Friday). "This will be the first significant tea party victory in that we got what we set out to do in changing Washington," says Rep. Tim Huelskamp (Kan.), a Tea Partier who was first elected in 2010.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/robert-reich/se...

i wonder when they'll start thanking Obama?

because as carol has repeated a hundred times what she heard on FOX...it's all his fault.

Judged:

12

12

12

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

#866380 Mar 1, 2013
OldRaider wrote:
<quoted text>
You still don't get it do you?
Cuts AND revenue.
Guess what obstructionist party protecting their wealthy donors won't pass a budget with revenue in it?
That killer is a lamebrain. It will be an interesting day. Boehner and Cantor are feeling the heat.

Judged:

12

12

12

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#866381 Mar 1, 2013
Deficit-deluded tea party Republicans love the sequester scheme

Their obsessive and mistaken belief that the federal deficit is the greatest threat to the republic is leading them to block any compromise with Democrats that would delay or repeal the looming budget reductions.

http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/topofthe...

Judged:

11

11

11

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Nov 09

Pharr, TX

#866382 Mar 1, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
Tea Party Republicans are crowing about the "sequestration" cuts beginning today (Friday). "This will be the first significant tea party victory in that we got what we set out to do in changing Washington," says Rep. Tim Huelskamp (Kan.), a Tea Partier who was first elected in 2010.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/robert-reich/se...
i wonder when they'll start thanking Obama?
because as carol has repeated a hundred times what she heard on FOX...it's all his fault.
The irony of this goes way over the head of the typical right wing moron. I got waxturd's head spinning this morning when I pointed this out.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#866383 Mar 1, 2013
this is where all you wingnuts can go to thank Obama...

Thread: Sequester = Win for Tea Party

http://forums.hannity.com/showthread.php...

go on now and show him some love.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 6 min TRD 70,152
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 10 min Go Blue Forever 99,934
abby7-7-15 24 min Julie 6
Fun Song Combos (Sep '12) 30 min boundary painter 445
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 33 min Chicagoan by Birth 192,543
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 36 min NYC 54,005
Word (Dec '08) 47 min boundary painter 5,331
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages