Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
797,041 - 797,060 of 1,082,094 Comments Last updated 4 min ago
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Homer 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>Oh lord this again. Go watch the video without the rightwing slant and then get back to us with your opinion.
I'm so proud of you I could burst, Homer. You actually want me to prove you are wrong.

Well, here you go. It's even worse than I thought if you listen to what he says at the end. So brace yourself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Who is accountable for anything? You voted for a criminal for Gov of Florida.
Once anyone holds a position of power after being elected, it is the media's job and only purpose to hold all of them - every single one of them - accountable on behalf of the folks.

Not pick a side to root for. Once they did that, conservative commentators became an absolute necessity.
lily waxman raton fl

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Who is accountable for anything? You voted for a criminal for Gov of Florida.
You ran for governor in Florida?
lily waxman raton fl

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
You should do stand-up
You should attempt to stand up.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
hey Woodward....read this.....
George McClellan’s Ghost Must be Advising Congressional Conservatives
Forget John Boehner and Mitch McConnell. Conservatives in the House and Senate have been hit with the stupid stick. All I can think is that George McClellan’s ghost is whispering in their ear.
The conservatives in Congress — forget Republican leaders for a minute — want to make their stand not on the continuing resolution to keep the government going, but on the debt ceiling.
Each time Congress has had a debt ceiling fight, it has ended badly for the GOP. Conservatives have been rhetorically slaughtered by even conservatives in the media each time they’ve tried to block a debt ceiling increase.
And guess what? They’ve failed every time.
They did get sequestration, but now are witnesses their own Republican leaders flail about and lose a PR battle over something Barack Obama himself proposed.
Conservatives in Congress are worse than Charlie Brown getting a football pulled away from them. They are more a trained circus seal who barks for a fish from Republican leaders and does a few tricks to wow the crowd.
Right now there is a brewing continuing resolution fight. Conservatives could be demanding defunding of the federal exchange component of Obamacare and the expansion of Medicaid. Obamacare remains deeply unpopular with the public and there are more and more signs it is going to be massively more problematic for the nation.
But no, Congressional conservatives do not want to make a stand on the continuing resolution. They’ll take sequestration and nothing else. They do not understand that they should at least ask for more and negotiate back to sequestration in the worst case scenario.
Instead, they’ll make a stand on the debt ceiling and see it raised again. Meanwhile, they parade around like heroes for the sequester when (A) it was Obama’s idea and (B) the only freaking thing they’ve done is absolutely nothing. Sequestration was last week and will be next week the present and existing law of the land. Conservatives did jack.
George McClellan must be designing their strategy as conservatives in Congress these days are to me one of the mysteries of the war against the leviathan.
http://www.redstate.com/2013/02/27/george-mcc...
now that should make Bob cry even louder.
the new kid at FOX does it again.
Do you know what succinct means?

Did you know that brevity is the soul of wit?

Please move forward from harangue to witty.

Later on, we'll discuss propaganda vs. reality.

We can get you onto the 12 step plan for lost Liberals.

One step at a time.
lily waxman raton fl

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Ya think it's Alzheimers? What's up next? The Black Panther video or Rev. Wrights sermons?
You'll have to take a look at Obama's schedule.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
You should do stand-up
Thanks. I'd probably make a killing doing monologues on the liberal hypocrisy.

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>You've always been a fool, carol, but you must really be getting desperate if your recycling this trumped up old crap from five years ago...Faux is not your friend...
Truth never gets stale.

Your condescension does.

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
Seriously, WTF is Up With Bob Woodward?
....Woodward responded the next day that Sperling had no need to apologize. "I for one welcome a little heat; there should [be] more given the importance."
Some threat, huh? As a friend put it via email, "It's odd that a reporter who you would have to assume has had many run-ins, shouting matches, accusations, etc. would go public with his perceived slights. I can't imagine a junior reporter taking this tack now and not being chastised for mishandling it."
Something very odd is going on with Woodward. The point of Sperling's email is clear: he's not taking issue with the idea that the White House proposed the sequester, but he does think Woodward is wrong to say that both sides agreed the sequester substitute would be purely spending cuts with no tax increases. Virtually everyone in Washington agrees that Woodward is wrong about that, yet he's been repeating that line for the past week in the face of mountains of evidence to the contrary.
What's more, Sperling quite clearly didn't threaten Woodward, and Woodward didn't take it as a threat at the time. Again: WTF?
http://www.motherjones.com/kevin-drum/2013/02...
The Boy Messiah has backed off with his sophomoric rhetoric right after Woodward made his claims. The Jerk-In-Chief is now calling the Sequester an "economic tumble" instead of an economic calamity killing seniors and newborns.

Mother Jones and all the other comic books are squirming in their highchairs over this. Cute. Real cute.

Woodward has journalistic ethics and balls.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Ya think it's Alzheimers? What's up next? The Black Panther video or Rev. Wrights sermons?
I'm thinking that the timing is perfect for one her famous Catholic rants.

On that note the little town where the Pope Benedict will live out his days is gorgeous.

“God bless you, Mr. President”

Since: Jul 08

Peaceful, prosperous second

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
If McCain, Romney or Bush had said "57 states" on the campaign trail, the left wouldn't have STOPPED talking about it and we would STILL be talking about it.
Are you kidding me?? That was a major blunder for any presidential candidate to make.
Conservative news commentators didn't raise the roof or crucify him for it. The left simply ignored it because it WAS Obama.
Are you getting the pattern of hypocrisy?
It wasn't all McCain's "Bomb, bomb, bomb, bomb, bomb Iran," or R'Money's using Breitbart opinions as facts and getting called on them, it's the obvious intolerance in his 47% comments that were caught on camera for all the world to hear (perhaps the corporate moochers should have remembered to tip their wait staff well), that spelled the beginning of the end of the Rethuglican party for the next generation.(BTW, Obama was talking about "stops" not states and had a slip of the tongue, but tin-foil hat Beck was going with his Islam conspiracy theories at the time and you just swallowed the whole thing--debunked emails and all. I feel sorry for you. Really.)
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
Good to see you posting.:-)
You thought Romeny was going to win but so did nobama.
Romney, unfortunately for us all, was the wrong candidate at the right time for too many reasons.

He wasn't aggressive enough in his message and played it safe. He passed up a golden opportunity in the third foreign policy debate to nail Obama on the Benghazi fiasco. He was a Mormon and the liberal lying machine succeeded in convincing the easily fooled.

Oh, and one more reason. Half the population were afraid of losing their free stuff.
Lincoln

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Lies and deception is a pattern in this administration. Clinton's, too, for that matter.
But the left simply will not hold anyone accountable in their party. Not anyone. Not for anything.
Conservatives are forced to step down pressured by other conservatives for far lesser offenses.
left right ....all media nonsense.

How is your daughter?
Hope she is doing well at university !
-
Angela

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
LOL, you're a trip Carol, you truly are!! Are you really this gullible or have you gone through your entire life with blinders on?
The Ugly-Bag over your head makes the neighbors and their kids more comfortable but it keeps you awfully short-sighted.
Jimmy

Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
The Boy Messiah has backed off with his sophomoric rhetoric right after Woodward made his claims. The Jerk-In-Chief is now calling the Sequester an "economic tumble" instead of an economic calamity killing seniors and newborns.
Mother Jones and all the other comic books are squirming in their highchairs over this. Cute. Real cute.
Woodward has journalistic ethics and balls.
Woodward is a respectable, honest American. Democrats & Obama are not. Looks like this mess they created blew up in their face.
NUT surpriZed

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

waxywaxturd wrote:
Rise and shine my topix friends!! I am very worn out this morning as I've been up most of the night judging posts and talking for hours back and forth to myself and my very favorite sockpuppets. As you all can see, I have invented a few more "socks" to add to my topix sockpuppet carnival shitshow!!!
Such fun!!!
To say it was exhausting would be an understatement! I'm off to a good start with the judgit competition this morning so please, try and keep up!!I need to take a time out for a while so keep going without me. Dont' worry, I will most assuredly catch up at some point.
After I change into a clean pair of depends on (industrial strength), take my meds and have a quick chat with my doctor I will be ready to roar back to life judging your posts!!!
Warmest Hugs and love, Not Surprized.
ps: Please stop ignoring me. I get upset.(Rejection)? As you can clearly see, Topix is my whole life!!!
If any of the gentlemen on the forum want to chit chat do not hesitate to leave me your phone number, I will call you!!!!
Most Sincerely, Not Surprized
Not Surprized! ROTFLMAO!
Jimmy

Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

More poor judement by Democrats:

Two high-tech luxury jets that the FBI convinced Congress were needed for the fight against global terrorism have instead been used to ferry around Attorney General Eric Holder and his predecessors, as well as FBI Director Robert Mueller, according to a government report released Thursday.

Those officials -- which included Holder and Mueller, as well as former Attorneys General Michael Mukasey and Alberto Gonzales -- racked up nearly 700 "nonmission" trips between 2007 and 2011, at a cost of $11.4 million, according to the Government Accountability Office

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/02/28/go...
Lincoln

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Once anyone holds a position of power after being elected, it is the media's job and only purpose to hold all of them - every single one of them - accountable on behalf of the folks.
Not pick a side to root for. Once they did that, conservative commentators became an absolute necessity.
Media is bought and paid for.

Right Wing - Left Wing they all want to keep their jobs, often by appealing to the lowest common denominator.
Jimmy

Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>It wasn't all McCain's "Bomb, bomb, bomb, bomb, bomb Iran," or R'Money's using Breitbart opinions as facts and getting called on them, it's the obvious intolerance in his 47% comments that were caught on camera for all the world to hear (perhaps the corporate moochers should have remembered to tip their wait staff well), that spelled the beginning of the end of the Rethuglican party for the next generation.(BTW, Obama was talking about "stops" not states and had a slip of the tongue, but tin-foil hat Beck was going with his Islam conspiracy theories at the time and you just swallowed the whole thing--debunked emails and all. I feel sorry for you. Really.)
How's the weather on the Moon?

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
The wolves are closing in, Woodward doesn't have long.
Moochelle's gonna sneak up on him and scare the hell out his coronary.

Woodward looked into the Jerk-In-Chief's "...most transparent administration in history" and reported what he saw. For this, he will be eaten by the Progressive Hyenas.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

97 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 26 min SpaceBlues 45,823
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 59 min Terry rigsby 48,939
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Jacques from Ottawa 174,913
Amy 7-28 1 hr Mister Tonka 10
Local health care outreach program to Muslims e... 1 hr reality is a crutch 1
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 2 hr Zioni 68,043
Would you if I said please? 2 hr LexiRC 1
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 3 hr Mister Tonka 97,562
•••

Beach Hazards Statement for Cook County was issued at July 28 at 9:22AM CDT

•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••