Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
796,981 - 797,000 of 1,098,971 Comments Last updated 3 min ago
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
And Now, Even Conservatives Are Turning On Bob Woodward's Claims
Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/bob-woodward-g...
It doesn't matter if the "regret" inference was threatening or not. Any direct response from the WH to any one person who speaks out against them - especially one perceived as a traitor - is inappropriate and raises eyebrows.

The mean lean liberal machine is notorious for doing this all the time.

Again, if they did their jobs instead, there wouldn't even be a need to choose sides.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>That story from a chain e-mail was debunked over a month ago yet it won't go away. Even Pamela Geller @atlasshrugs the crazy Islam hating btch is blogging about the Irwin Independent School District and it's third tier Muslim indoctrination program as though it was a fact.
It's not a fact, it's total bullshyte created at a right wing blog and e-mailed around to "losers" who like to share secret government conspiracies.
Ah yes, Pamela Geller; the inspiration for the Norwegian mass murderer who posted anti Islam posters in the NYC subways that resulted in a woman pushing a man onto the tracks because she said she was prejudiced and thought it was fun. Sounds like janesays.
Pamela Geller, whose husbands death was questionable.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
In his quest to be relevant; he will become more irrelevant.
probably.

oh wait. it just happened.
Celine Dijon

Montréal, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Looks a lot more like you're being played.
Woodward was once the liberals "darling" for taking down Nixon.
If the liberal media were doing their job and holding ALL in power accountable on behalf of the people, we wouldn't even be having this conversation.
I poopon liberal media and I poopon so called conservative media. Everybody is being played by the great poopony media.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
It doesn't matter if the "regret" inference was threatening or not. Any direct response from the WH to any one person who speaks out against them - especially one perceived as a traitor - is inappropriate and raises eyebrows.
The mean lean liberal machine is notorious for doing this all the time.
Again, if they did their jobs instead, there wouldn't even be a need to choose sides.
LOL, you're a trip Carol, you truly are!! Are you really this gullible or have you gone through your entire life with blinders on?
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

RUSH10ME wrote:
<quoted text>If I had a ape as ugly as her I would shave its ass and teach it to walk backwards .
The voice of experience. Hi killa.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
probably.
oh wait. it just happened.
Did the Pope step down because of a gay scandal?
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

"Movement conservatism’s misinformation problem doesn’t just come from sloppy reporting or a refusal to acknowledge inconvenient evidence, though these contribute to it, but mostly from relying on extremely bad assumptions...."

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/lariso...

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Looks a lot more like you're being played.
Woodward was once the liberals "darling" for taking down Nixon.
If the liberal media were doing their job and holding ALL in power accountable on behalf of the people, we wouldn't even be having this conversation.
The wolves are closing in, Woodward doesn't have long.
Celine Dijon

Montréal, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

waxywaxturd wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand your need to feel separate and independent but the truth is bigger than both of us. If you feel that strongly about the kid stuff go for it. The rest of us will ignore it and, hopefully, all my topix friends on our wonderful forum will do the same!!!!
Most excellent. I will continue in my poopony fashion.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
So, where do you plan to go to buy your new TV or Iphone?
dont worry China has got the US by the noose and we can thank the Modern California Liberal former president Richard Nixon for that too with creating the legistlation to assist the offshoring of manufacturing with OPIC(Overseas Private Investment Corporation) and once that GSE is shutdown the Risk will be too great for US manufacturers to offshore because of right now if US manafacturers go overseas and loose everything the US Government picks it up.

Government-owned corporation

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Government-owned...
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Behold Movement Conservatism's Information Disadvantage: Chuck Hagel Edition

Even the best political journalists muck up analysis. As much as I wish there were fewer speculative predictions in media, I'm disinclined to react harshly to folks who occasionally get stuff wrong, as I'm sure I've done at times. But the right's uneven coverage of the Hagel nomination, especially from neoconservative writers, strikes me as so outlandishly off in so many different instances that it reveals a deeper problem -- and as yet, I've made that case without even referencing the way the inaccurate "Friends of Hamas" meme spread in the conservative media ecosystem, where the site that originated it, Breitbart.com , still won't come clean.

Once again, the conservative media, where non-conservative journalists are constantly maligned, has been thoroughly outperformed on this metric: Who best equipped readers to anticipate the outcome that actually happened? That isn't the only important metric in journalism, or even the most important, but failing at it so spectacularly surely demands some introspection.

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2...

but if the liberal media would do their jobs the conservative media wouldn't be wrong most of the time!

ok, now i'm babbling.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>You've always been a fool, carol, but you must really be getting desperate if your recycling this trumped up old crap from five years ago...Faux is not your friend...
If McCain, Romney or Bush had said "57 states" on the campaign trail, the left wouldn't have STOPPED talking about it and we would STILL be talking about it.

Are you kidding me?? That was a major blunder for any presidential candidate to make.

Conservative news commentators didn't raise the roof or crucify him for it. The left simply ignored it because it WAS Obama.

Are you getting the pattern of hypocrisy?
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Did the Pope step down because of a gay scandal?
i'm non-committal on that one.

though if he fooled all of those Catholics, more power to him.
Homer 2016

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

I literally have 2 minutes, give me what you got.

Love,

Homer 2016
Homer 2016

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Feel free to choose from the following responses:

The U.S. Treasury

Wrong again with your prediction Flackstredomus

Are you trying to goad me sir?

Galt you truly are an ahole

Carol you are still smug and condescending

Yes, blue looks good on you

I disagree

Since: May 11

Loysville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
If McCain, Romney or Bush had said "57 states" on the campaign trail, the left wouldn't have STOPPED talking about it and we would STILL be talking about it.
Are you kidding me?? That was a major blunder for any presidential candidate to make.
Conservative news commentators didn't raise the roof or crucify him for it. The left simply ignored it because it WAS Obama.
Are you getting the pattern of hypocrisy?
Since this was such a major blunder, it really makes Romney look even more pathetic in that he still couldn't win.

Candidates make speaking errors all the time. Us smart voters know & don't care. You uninformed, not-so-bright voters have a fit.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

‘WE GOT PLAYED’

Conservatives Regret Taking Woodward Seriously

Now that the correspondence between Bob Woodward and the White House has been revealed as tame and cordial, conservative commentators are reacting with disappointment to the veteran journalist’s claim that he was threatened over his sequestration reporting.

http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/c...

very disappointing.

sorry carol, but i haven't had this much fun since 'Friends Of Hamas'. and when was that? last week?

i've been having too much fun it seems.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Homer 2016 wrote:
I literally have 2 minutes, give me what you got.
Love,
Homer 2016
The Vatican’s plan to call the retiring pontiff Benedict XVI “Pope Emeritus” hit a snag today, in the form of a threatened lawsuit by an Oakland-based rapper who has been recording under that name since 2006.

“I don’t care who he is, I ain’t let nobody mess with my brand,” said Mr. Emeritus, who prior to 2006 recorded under the name Notorious P.O.P.E.

Read more: http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/borowit...
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
LOL, you're a trip Carol, you truly are!! Are you really this gullible or have you gone through your entire life with blinders on?
Okay, Lily. Picture Cheney or Rove sending an email to any well-known conservative reporter who spoke out against a Bush policy and used the word "regret" in any context.

Wouldn't matter then, would it? You know it and I know it. The liberal media would have treated it like a meat-lovers smorgasbord. You prefer to deny it.

The only difference is conservatives would have questioned the use of that word being appropriate as well.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago