Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
796,961 - 796,980 of 1,099,025 Comments Last updated 7 min ago
TSM

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#865874
Feb 28, 2013
 

Judged:

11

11

11

Liberals are Gutless!! The Liberal Media created Obama and will defend him till the End so not to be embarrassed!! This latest attack on Woodward should be Alarming to All Americans, what it shows if you Leave the (Liberal Plantation) you become the ‘Target’ not only by Liberal Journalists but by your own Government!! This attack on Woodward should remove All Doubt the party of Intolerance are Liberals/Democrats!!
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#865876
Feb 28, 2013
 

Judged:

11

11

11

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Woodward is under the Obama bus, according to lapdogs like sonicfilter.
But Woodward has more credibility than Obama, so the jury is still out.
Other members of the White House steno pool, formerly called reporters, are cowering in fear.
lol

well let's see how you feel after one of your own smacks you up side the head....

Bob Woodward trolled us (and we got played)

Twitter exploded last night, after Bob Woodward revealed that White House official had warned him he would “regret” saying Obama had moved the goal posts on sequestration.

Predictably, conservatives latched onto this, as it confirmed our suspicion about the Obama Administration’s “Chicago-style” of politics. A lot of mainstream journalists bought into this, too — reflexively believing anything the great Bob Woodward says.

Of course, Woodward (who was expert at trolling for publicity before the internet even existed), benefits greatly from the publicity (nothing sells books like controversy).

Make no mistake. This was no accident. As Politico reported last night,

“Woodward repeated the last sentence, making clear he saw it as a veiled threat.“‘You’ll regret.’ Come on,” he said.“I think if Obama himself saw the way they’re dealing with some of this, he would say,‘Whoa, we don’t tell any reporter ‘you’re going to regret challenging us.’”

But today, things look different. P0litico has posted the exclusive email from Gene Sperling to Woodward. It begins,“I apologize for raising my voice in our conversation today.”

(Frightening, I know!)

Sperling’s email eventually does say,“I know you may not believe this, but as a friend, I think you will regret staking out that claim.” But this is clearly not a veiled threat of retaliation, but rather a warning that the reporter was about to get the story wrong.

When Woodward tells of being warned he would “regret” challenging Obama, it sounds ominous. But if Politico’s reporting today is correct, it seems much more innocuous than that.

Looks like we were played.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2013/02/28/bob-woodwar...

FOXbot fail.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#865879
Feb 28, 2013
 

Judged:

11

11

11

the new FOX hire....

Ok wow. Finally read the email to Woodward. I must now move to the "not a threat" camp.

https://twitter.com/EWErickson

Christie/Erickson 2016!!
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#865880
Feb 28, 2013
 

Judged:

9

9

9

And Now, Even Conservatives Are Turning On Bob Woodward's Claims

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/bob-woodward-g...

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#865881
Feb 28, 2013
 

Judged:

9

9

9

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Free trade is essential in the modern world.
tell China that which dont think so
Celine Dijon

Montréal, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#865882
Feb 28, 2013
 

Judged:

8

8

7

waxywaxturd wrote:
<quoted text>
Please dear, try not to embarrass the rest of our sockpuppet "family" with the adolescent toilet humor. We make fools of ourselves enough without adding that ingredient. Control your childish instincts!!
If I truly embarrass you than disown me.
I don't recall claiming to be a part of any family to begin with. In fact I poopon the idea of sockpuppet families, that's nothing but poopony socialism in disguise.
Celine Dijon

Montréal, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#865883
Feb 28, 2013
 

Judged:

8

8

7

I KNOW U wrote:
<quoted text>
I would have thought a teacher, like yourself, out of Kentucky would know how to spell. You're still the same ole c@nt you've always been. So suck on your Lacrosse Lesbo's vagina, you nasty b[[[h.
Must be you've never been on a topix Kentucky thread. They DON't Even HAVe coTROL of the caps kEy. They are all POOPers.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#865884
Feb 28, 2013
 

Judged:

8

8

8

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
lol
well let's see how you feel after one of your own smacks you up side the head....
Bob Woodward trolled us (and we got played)
Twitter exploded last night, after Bob Woodward revealed that White House official had warned him he would “regret” saying Obama had moved the goal posts on sequestration.
Predictably, conservatives latched onto this, as it confirmed our suspicion about the Obama Administration’s “Chicago-style” of politics. A lot of mainstream journalists bought into this, too — reflexively believing anything the great Bob Woodward says.
Of course, Woodward (who was expert at trolling for publicity before the internet even existed), benefits greatly from the publicity (nothing sells books like controversy).
Make no mistake. This was no accident. As Politico reported last night,
“Woodward repeated the last sentence, making clear he saw it as a veiled threat.“‘You’ll regret.’ Come on,” he said.“I think if Obama himself saw the way they’re dealing with some of this, he would say,‘Whoa, we don’t tell any reporter ‘you’re going to regret challenging us.’”
But today, things look different. P0litico has posted the exclusive email from Gene Sperling to Woodward. It begins,“I apologize for raising my voice in our conversation today.”
(Frightening, I know!)
Sperling’s email eventually does say,“I know you may not believe this, but as a friend, I think you will regret staking out that claim.” But this is clearly not a veiled threat of retaliation, but rather a warning that the reporter was about to get the story wrong.
When Woodward tells of being warned he would “regret” challenging Obama, it sounds ominous. But if Politico’s reporting today is correct, it seems much more innocuous than that.
Looks like we were played.
Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2013/02/28/bob-woodwar...
FOXbot fail.
Looks a lot more like you're being played.

Woodward was once the liberals "darling" for taking down Nixon.

If the liberal media were doing their job and holding ALL in power accountable on behalf of the people, we wouldn't even be having this conversation.
TSM

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#865885
Feb 28, 2013
 

Judged:

9

9

9

The Economy Grew at: 0.1% who will Man-Child ‘Obama’ blame for this? Donna Brazile: Why did my health care premiums go up? Will the WH attack Donna Brazile for highlighting another Obama Lie? I’ll bet Donna gets a Pass!!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#865886
Feb 28, 2013
 

Judged:

8

8

8

Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>tell China that which dont think so
So, where do you plan to go to buy your new TV or Iphone?
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#865887
Feb 28, 2013
 

Judged:

8

8

8

sonicfilter wrote:
And Now, Even Conservatives Are Turning On Bob Woodward's Claims
Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/bob-woodward-g...
In his quest to be relevant; he will become more irrelevant.
WHAT THE HELL

Fayetteville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#865888
Feb 28, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

“A 22-year-old man found himself facing a summons after he told officers he fired his shotgun repeatedly upon finding masked suspects leaning in his window.” Huh? But the Vice President of these here U-Nited States said firing warning shots with a shotgun is the sine qua non in home defense strategy. Ol’ Double Barrel Joe even confided that he advised his own wife to do just that if she ever felt threatened in their home. Guess that doesn’t apply in Virginia. Trevor Snowden of Virginia Beach “told police his dog was acting strange. When he walked to his bedroom, he said he saw two masked suspects leaning in his open window”...

From wavy.com :

Snowden told police the suspects pointed weapons at him and told him to shut the bedroom door. Thinking the suspects were going to rob him, he moved into the hallway and retrieved a shotgun.

Moyers said Snowden fired through his bedroom door, then opened the door and fired several more rounds toward the window. Any suspects fled the area and could not be located by officers.

Snowden’s been charged with reckless handling of a firearm. Since this was all just a misunderstanding – Trevor was obviously just following government sanctioned advice – we’re sure the Veep will be glad to cover his attorney’s fees and any fines that may be assessed.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#865889
Feb 28, 2013
 

Judged:

7

7

7

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Looks a lot more like you're being played.
Woodward was once the liberals "darling" for taking down Nixon.
If the liberal media were doing their job and holding ALL in power accountable on behalf of the people, we wouldn't even be having this conversation.
denial mode eh?

probably the best plan if reality is not within your purview.
Jimmy

Newington, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#865890
Feb 28, 2013
 

Judged:

7

7

6

Woodward says he was harrassed/threataned by the White House, which the lying White House denies.

Hmmm... who do we believe?

Gibbs just came out and told the world the White House told him to mislead the public about the drone program - deny is existied.

Hmmm... who do we believe?

We know for sure the White House misled us about Benghazi.

Hmmm... who do we believe?

The fascists/Democrats/Socialists/ Obama are up to their old tricks.

Hmmm... who do we believe?

Lying Democrats?
RUSH10ME

Hayes, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#865891
Feb 28, 2013
 

Judged:

7

7

7

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Planet of the Apes
If I had a ape as ugly as her I would shave its ass and teach it to walk backwards .
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#865892
Feb 28, 2013
 

Judged:

6

6

6

sonicfilter wrote:
And Now, Even Conservatives Are Turning On Bob Woodward's Claims
Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/bob-woodward-g...
It doesn't matter if the "regret" inference was threatening or not. Any direct response from the WH to any one person who speaks out against them - especially one perceived as a traitor - is inappropriate and raises eyebrows.

The mean lean liberal machine is notorious for doing this all the time.

Again, if they did their jobs instead, there wouldn't even be a need to choose sides.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#865894
Feb 28, 2013
 

Judged:

8

8

8

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>That story from a chain e-mail was debunked over a month ago yet it won't go away. Even Pamela Geller @atlasshrugs the crazy Islam hating btch is blogging about the Irwin Independent School District and it's third tier Muslim indoctrination program as though it was a fact.
It's not a fact, it's total bullshyte created at a right wing blog and e-mailed around to "losers" who like to share secret government conspiracies.
Ah yes, Pamela Geller; the inspiration for the Norwegian mass murderer who posted anti Islam posters in the NYC subways that resulted in a woman pushing a man onto the tracks because she said she was prejudiced and thought it was fun. Sounds like janesays.
Pamela Geller, whose husbands death was questionable.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#865895
Feb 28, 2013
 

Judged:

7

7

7

lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
In his quest to be relevant; he will become more irrelevant.
probably.

oh wait. it just happened.
Celine Dijon

Montréal, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#865896
Feb 28, 2013
 

Judged:

6

6

6

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Looks a lot more like you're being played.
Woodward was once the liberals "darling" for taking down Nixon.
If the liberal media were doing their job and holding ALL in power accountable on behalf of the people, we wouldn't even be having this conversation.
I poopon liberal media and I poopon so called conservative media. Everybody is being played by the great poopony media.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#865897
Feb 28, 2013
 

Judged:

7

7

7

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
It doesn't matter if the "regret" inference was threatening or not. Any direct response from the WH to any one person who speaks out against them - especially one perceived as a traitor - is inappropriate and raises eyebrows.
The mean lean liberal machine is notorious for doing this all the time.
Again, if they did their jobs instead, there wouldn't even be a need to choose sides.
LOL, you're a trip Carol, you truly are!! Are you really this gullible or have you gone through your entire life with blinders on?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 4 min Frankiefartsmeller 49,373
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 10 min wojar 177,253
Melody Top Music Theater: In gentler times, Hil... (Jun '09) 52 min StarMountainKId 19
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Mothra 46,267
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr James 68,332
Aurora University student charged with sexual a... 2 hr wow 7
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 2 hr edogxxx 97,896
Amy 8-26 6 hr Stina2 26
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••