Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#865905 Feb 28, 2013
Behold Movement Conservatism's Information Disadvantage: Chuck Hagel Edition

Even the best political journalists muck up analysis. As much as I wish there were fewer speculative predictions in media, I'm disinclined to react harshly to folks who occasionally get stuff wrong, as I'm sure I've done at times. But the right's uneven coverage of the Hagel nomination, especially from neoconservative writers, strikes me as so outlandishly off in so many different instances that it reveals a deeper problem -- and as yet, I've made that case without even referencing the way the inaccurate "Friends of Hamas" meme spread in the conservative media ecosystem, where the site that originated it, Breitbart.com , still won't come clean.

Once again, the conservative media, where non-conservative journalists are constantly maligned, has been thoroughly outperformed on this metric: Who best equipped readers to anticipate the outcome that actually happened? That isn't the only important metric in journalism, or even the most important, but failing at it so spectacularly surely demands some introspection.

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2...

but if the liberal media would do their jobs the conservative media wouldn't be wrong most of the time!

ok, now i'm babbling.
carol

Orlando, FL

#865906 Feb 28, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>You've always been a fool, carol, but you must really be getting desperate if your recycling this trumped up old crap from five years ago...Faux is not your friend...
If McCain, Romney or Bush had said "57 states" on the campaign trail, the left wouldn't have STOPPED talking about it and we would STILL be talking about it.

Are you kidding me?? That was a major blunder for any presidential candidate to make.

Conservative news commentators didn't raise the roof or crucify him for it. The left simply ignored it because it WAS Obama.

Are you getting the pattern of hypocrisy?
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#865907 Feb 28, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Did the Pope step down because of a gay scandal?
i'm non-committal on that one.

though if he fooled all of those Catholics, more power to him.
Homer 2016

Bethlehem, PA

#865908 Feb 28, 2013
I literally have 2 minutes, give me what you got.

Love,

Homer 2016
Homer 2016

Bethlehem, PA

#865910 Feb 28, 2013
Feel free to choose from the following responses:

The U.S. Treasury

Wrong again with your prediction Flackstredomus

Are you trying to goad me sir?

Galt you truly are an ahole

Carol you are still smug and condescending

Yes, blue looks good on you

I disagree

Since: May 11

Loysville, PA

#865911 Feb 28, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
If McCain, Romney or Bush had said "57 states" on the campaign trail, the left wouldn't have STOPPED talking about it and we would STILL be talking about it.
Are you kidding me?? That was a major blunder for any presidential candidate to make.
Conservative news commentators didn't raise the roof or crucify him for it. The left simply ignored it because it WAS Obama.
Since this was such a major blunder, it really makes Romney look even more pathetic in that he still couldn't win.

Candidates make speaking errors all the time. Us smart voters know & don't care. You uninformed, not-so-bright voters have a fit.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#865912 Feb 28, 2013
‘WE GOT PLAYED’

Conservatives Regret Taking Woodward Seriously

Now that the correspondence between Bob Woodward and the White House has been revealed as tame and cordial, conservative commentators are reacting with disappointment to the veteran journalist’s claim that he was threatened over his sequestration reporting.

http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/c...

very disappointing.

sorry carol, but i haven't had this much fun since 'Friends Of Hamas'. and when was that? last week?

i've been having too much fun it seems.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#865913 Feb 28, 2013
Homer 2016 wrote:
Love,
Homer 2016
The Vatican’s plan to call the retiring pontiff Benedict XVI “Pope Emeritus” hit a snag today, in the form of a threatened lawsuit by an Oakland-based rapper who has been recording under that name since 2006.

“I don’t care who he is, I ain’t let nobody mess with my brand,” said Mr. Emeritus, who prior to 2006 recorded under the name Notorious P.O.P.E.

Read more: http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/borowit...
carol

Orlando, FL

#865914 Feb 28, 2013
<quoted text>
LOL, you're a trip Carol, you truly are!! Are you really this gullible or have you gone through your entire life with blinders on?
Okay, Lily. Picture Cheney or Rove sending an email to any well-known conservative reporter who spoke out against a Bush policy and used the word "regret" in any context.

Wouldn't matter then, would it? You know it and I know it. The liberal media would have treated it like a meat-lovers smorgasbord. You prefer to deny it.

The only difference is conservatives would have questioned the use of that word being appropriate as well.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#865915 Feb 28, 2013
Homer 2016 wrote:
Love,
Homer 2016
Triumph the Insult Dog has graced his with his poopon presence.

and carol is mad because FOX has to find a new talking point for today.

all i got.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#865916 Feb 28, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
You should do stand-up
carol

Orlando, FL

#865917 Feb 28, 2013
Celine Dijon wrote:
<quoted text>
I poopon liberal media and I poopon so called conservative media. Everybody is being played by the great poopony media.
If the liberal media did their jobs as journalists instead of cheerleaders, you wouldn't have to poopon anyone.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#865918 Feb 28, 2013
<quoted text>
In his quest to be relevant; he will become more irrelevant.
Leftwing eats their own.

WASHINGTON -- Bob Woodward isn't the only person who's received threats for airing the Obama administration's dirty laundry. It seems anyone is a potential target of the White House these days - even former senior members of the Clinton administration.

A day after Woodward's claim that a senior White House official had told him he would "regret" writing a column criticizing President Obama's stance on the sequester, Lanny Davis, a longtime close advisor to President Bill Clinton, told WMAL's Mornings on the Mall Thursday he had received similar threats for newspaper columns he had written about Obama in the Washington Times.

Davis told WMAL that his editor, John Solomon, "received a phone call from a senior Obama White House official who didn't like some of my columns, even though I'm a supporter of Obama. I couldn't imagine why this call was made." Davis says the Obama aide told Solomon, "that if he continued to run my columns, he would lose, or his reporters would lose their White House credentials."

Davis says he does not know if the White House official involved in his case is the same one who is alleged to have threatened Woodward, but he says the language used in both cases is very similar. In any case, Davis says his editor, Solomon, was not worried by the threat.

"He didn't take it seriously, because he didn't think that could ever happen. He thought it was bluster," Davis told WMAL. "I called three senior people at the White House, and I said,'I want this person to be told this can never happen again, and it's inappropriate.' I got a call back from someone who was in the White House saying it will never happen again."

If it did happen again, Davis believes the administration did it to the wrong person.

"Firstly, you don't threaten anyone. Secondly, you don't threaten Bob Woodward," said Davis. "He's one of the best reporters ever. He's factual. You can disagree with facts that he reports, but he's factual. Don't mess with him about his facts. You can mess with him about the interpretation of his facts, but this is not a reporter you tangle with," he added.
Homer 2016

Bethlehem, PA

#865919 Feb 28, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh lord this again. Go watch the video without the rightwing slant and then get back to us with your opinion.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
RUSH10ME

Hayes, VA

#865920 Feb 28, 2013
<quoted text>
The Vatican’s plan to call the retiring pontiff Benedict XVI “Pope Emeritus” hit a snag today, in the form of a threatened lawsuit by an Oakland-based rapper who has been recording under that name since 2006.
“I don’t care who he is, I ain’t let nobody mess with my brand,” said Mr. Emeritus, who prior to 2006 recorded under the name Notorious P.O.P.E.
Read more: http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/borowit...
Finaly something you have knowlege of "rap" .

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Homer 2016

Bethlehem, PA

#865921 Feb 28, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Leftwing eats their own.
WASHINGTON -- Bob Woodward isn't the only person who's received threats for airing the Obama administration's dirty laundry. It seems anyone is a potential target of the White House these days - even former senior members of the Clinton administration.
A day after Woodward's claim that a senior White House official had told him he would "regret" writing a column criticizing President Obama's stance on the sequester, Lanny Davis, a longtime close advisor to President Bill Clinton, told WMAL's Mornings on the Mall Thursday he had received similar threats for newspaper columns he had written about Obama in the Washington Times.
Davis told WMAL that his editor, John Solomon, "received a phone call from a senior Obama White House official who didn't like some of my columns, even though I'm a supporter of Obama. I couldn't imagine why this call was made." Davis says the Obama aide told Solomon, "that if he continued to run my columns, he would lose, or his reporters would lose their White House credentials."
Davis says he does not know if the White House official involved in his case is the same one who is alleged to have threatened Woodward, but he says the language used in both cases is very similar. In any case, Davis says his editor, Solomon, was not worried by the threat.
"He didn't take it seriously, because he didn't think that could ever happen. He thought it was bluster," Davis told WMAL. "I called three senior people at the White House, and I said,'I want this person to be told this can never happen again, and it's inappropriate.' I got a call back from someone who was in the White House saying it will never happen again."
If it did happen again, Davis believes the administration did it to the wrong person.
"Firstly, you don't threaten anyone. Secondly, you don't threaten Bob Woodward," said Davis. "He's one of the best reporters ever. He's factual. You can disagree with facts that he reports, but he's factual. Don't mess with him about his facts. You can mess with him about the interpretation of his facts, but this is not a reporter you tangle with," he added.
Scroll up, Sonicfilter just debunked all this garbage.
Celine Dijon

Montréal, Canada

#865922 Feb 28, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
If the liberal media did their jobs as journalists instead of cheerleaders, you wouldn't have to poopon anyone.
That's only half true. I'd still have to poopon the brainwashing so called conservative media and everyone that they have brainwashed. Same as the liberal media has done. Poopon on them all or consider yourself a pooponed lemming.
Homer 2016

Bethlehem, PA

#865923 Feb 28, 2013
<quoted text>
You should do stand-up
Carol still reliving the 2008 election.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Homer 2016

Bethlehem, PA

#865924 Feb 28, 2013
Time.

Have a nice day everybody, rightwingers try not to poke your eyes out with a pencil.

Love Homer

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
TSM

El Paso, TX

#865925 Feb 28, 2013
The ‘Trade Mark of this Administration if you disagree with them they will Attack!! Another Liberal Icon “Lanny Davis” has been attacked by the Obama’s administration, my question is where are these’ Freedom Loving Liberals’ why are they not speaking out condemning this oppression of Free Speech!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 min OzRitz 49,331
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 11 min Guru 182,102
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 2 hr Yumpin Yimminy 68,911
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 2 hr L Morales 71,257
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 4 hr KiMare 51,291
Jackie Robinson Little League 4 hr very disappointed 1
amy 12-26 5 hr RACE 3
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]