Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
796,781 - 796,800 of 1,100,452 Comments Last updated 6 min ago
carol

Orlando, FL

#865683 Feb 27, 2013
Bob Woodward ripped into President Barack Obama on "Morning Joe" today saying he's exhibiting a "kind of madness I haven't seen in a long time" for a decision not to deploy an aircraft carrier to the Persian Gulf because of budget concerns.

“God bless you, Mr. President”

Since: Jul 08

Peaceful, prosperous second

#865684 Feb 27, 2013
carol wrote:
"I don’t really support him too well and he knows it and that’s a badge of honor. He’s bad. He’s bad and I supported him. I voted for him the first time around. I had hopes because he was black. Shame on me.”
Harry Alford, CEO of National Black Chamber of Commerce
Dumb carol, still fumbles around trying to overcome the obvious effects of her several, varied, and preventable mini-strokes caused by her porr life choices. Speaking of poor choices, could you play up Laura Ingraham, Condi, Tiger, Alford, Cain, and Powell just a little more before your side goes jihad on them once more?
http://youtu.be/fz2cwE4-adY

#865686 Feb 27, 2013
carol wrote:
Bob Woodward ripped into President Barack Obama on "Morning Joe" today saying he's exhibiting a "kind of madness I haven't seen in a long time" for a decision not to deploy an aircraft carrier to the Persian Gulf because of budget concerns.
Has one side of your face lost feeling and movement yet? Check a mirror. "Watching Woodward in action has been disconcerting for the many reporters who covered the story in real time. Did the White House float sequestration as a "trigger" to force a better, later deal from Congress? Yes. Would this have ever become an issue if Republicans hadn't chosen to hogtie the debt limit and hold a sixgun to its head for six months? No. So who cares?

Read the whole story at Slate

#865687 Feb 27, 2013
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#865688 Feb 27, 2013
the new kid at FOX....

Conservatives are trying so hard to highlight controversies, no matter how trivial, we have forgotten the basics of reporting: W5 + H as I learned in grade school, also known as who, what, where, when, why, and how. I think conservatives need to reset some of their reportorial resources to tell the stories that need to be told by focusing on the facts at hand in a world view of the right. We need to establish a baseline for integrity in reporting that then allows us to highlight the truly outrageous. That baseline must be the basics of who, what, where, when, why, and how and it must be set before taking the next step into analysis of motivation and its implications.

The “Obamaphone” is a great example of this. Conservatives laughed out loud at the video of the lady saying Barack Obama had given her a phone. Conservatives used it as an example of all that was wrong with the expansion of the welfare state under Barack Obama. What many conservatives missed was that the program was a pre-existing program. In fact, the “Obamaphone” idea goes back to the Reagan Administration, but the present program was implemented in 2008 when George W. Bush was President. Government funds are not even used directly.

Focus on the Obamaphone by conservatives missed a number of key points and, in not covering the basic facts, sent conservative activists down rabbit holes. It would have been helpful if conservative reporters spent more time laying out the basic who, what, where, when, why, and how of the issue before exploring the necessity of the program and the fact that there are Americans who credit Barack Obama with giving them that phone.

Conservatives went to the critique in some cases before fully understanding the program. This happens on both sides of the aisle, but conservatives have to be better informed and more versed in the facts because the media already leans left and gives more latitude to the left.

Just as troubling, there are some conservative reporters out there who aim for the basic facts, but get stuck on talking points. Rush Limbaugh, Mark Levin, myself, and others have been lamenting a lot of conservative reporters for this very reason. These reporters seem to covet access to the Speaker, Senate Minority Leader, and Leadership. They report on the Republican leadership’s side without question and turn conservatives in Congress into the butt of jokes.

On more than one occasion I’ve seen conservatives treat the GOP Leadership skeptically until a friend is hired by Leadership. Suddenly, the agnostic reporter becomes a believer and often uses his perch to undermine conservatives in Congress on behalf of leadership. Everyone should be questioned and friendship with the Speaker’s and Leader’s staffs should not be a goal.

More often than not these days, conservatives are being undercut by their own leadership in Congress and not the Democrats. A conservative press that caters to the talking points of the leadership is helping undercut the conservative agenda.

There are scandals to uncover and there are outrageous stories to be outraged over, but I would submit conservatives are spending a lot more time trying to find things to be outraged over than reporting the news and basic facts online from a conservative perspective.

http://www.redstate.com/2013/02/27/w5-h-a-bas...
leosanusbama

Pompano Beach, FL

#865689 Feb 27, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Dumb carol, still fumbles around trying to overcome the obvious effects of her several, varied, and preventable mini-strokes caused by her porr life choices. Speaking of poor choices, could you play up Laura Ingraham, Condi, Tiger, Alford, Cain, and Powell just a little more before your side goes jihad on them once more?
Speaking of poor life choices, why are choosing to be the fake teacher, and almost the nastiest vile biatch (save for lily), illegitimate babymama for all your absent babydaddies?

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#865690 Feb 27, 2013
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"Eman"
You have to realize that "real dumb" is a dancer and a dodger. He spews his BS and then when called on it he denied he offered BS. Typical liberal, always in denial.
Peace
Yep, it's his M.O. but he's a terrible dancer.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#865691 Feb 27, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Dumb carol, still fumbles around trying to overcome the obvious effects of her several, varied, and preventable mini-strokes caused by her porr life choices. Speaking of poor choices, could you play up Laura Ingraham, Condi, Tiger, Alford, Cain, and Powell just a little more before your side goes jihad on them once more?
you porr fool. LOL
Lincoln

United States

#865692 Feb 27, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Or the NYT is turning on obama...lol
American people blaming the republicans
Lincoln

United States

#865693 Feb 27, 2013
Hookers make
more
than Ministers
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"sonic"
Why were you not honest and list the whole picture?
Cable news rankings;
1 - O'Rielly - 2.863 million viewers
2 - The 5 - 2.015 million viewers
3 - Brett Bair - 1.971 million viewers
4 - Hannity - 1.920 million viewers
5 - Shepard Smith - 1.757 million viewers
6 - Greta - 1.433 million viewers
7 - America's Newsroom - 1.317 million viewers
8 - Cavuto - 1.293 million viewers
9 - Fox and Friends - 1.138 million viewers
10 - America Live - 1.120 million
11 - Studio B - 1.097 million viewers
12 - O'Rielly - 1.037 million viewers (Rerun)
13 - Happening Now - 1.037 million viewers
Note the top 13 are all Fox News programs
14 - Madcow - 999,000 viewers - MSNBC
15 - Ed Show - 879,000 viewers - MSNBC
16 - The Last Word - 799,000 viewers - MSNBC
17 - Anderson Cooper - 790,000 viewers - CNN
18 - Chris Mathews - 758,000 viewers - MSNBC
19 - Politics Nation - 718,000 viewers - MSNBC
20 - Piers Morgan - 642,000 voewers - CNN
21 - Situation Room - 587,000 viewers - CNN
22 - Nqancy Grace - 545,000 viewers - HLN
23 - Anderson Cooper - 541,000 viewers - CNN (Rerun)
24 - Martin Basier - 536,000 viewers - MSNBC
25 - Erin Burnett - 481,000 viewers - CNN
26 - CNN Newsroom - 466,000 viewers - CNN
27 - Dr. Drew - 424,000 viewers - HLN
28 - Daily Rundown - 418,000 - MSNBC
29 - Morning Joe - 401,000 viewers - MSNBC
Peace
KMA

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#865694 Feb 27, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
American people blaming the republicans
Not all of the American people.
GOPidiots

Hollywood, FL

#865695 Feb 27, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Frightwingers wrote: "Judging from the sheer amount of time you spend on TOPIX, I can appreciate why a story about 12 year olds engaging in consensual sex would really light your fire"
You've clearly savored that.... you are one sick pervert!
GOPidiots

Hollywood, FL

#865696 Feb 27, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Now you are claiming to have made the story up?
It's you and Galt who have added your sick & twisted spin...4YEARS later.
One thing hasn't changed in 4 years though...you are still parked on Topix 24/7...truly pathetic.
Get a hobby. Freak.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#865697 Feb 27, 2013
"In the current survey, about as many independents say Republicans in Congress (39%) as President Obama (32%) would be more to blame if an agreement on spending cuts is not reached. A week ago, independents blamed Republicans in Congress by a somewhat wider margin (47%-29%); and in December, 52% of independents would have blamed Republicans more for going over the fiscal cliff, compared with 21% who would have blamed Obama."
carol

Orlando, FL

#865698 Feb 27, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
"OMG OMG OMG" Teaching kids that there are other religions on the world.
They aren't teaching children the tenets of Christianity or making them repeat: "Jesus Christ is the Son of God. Praise to God, the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost."

They are teaching children the terrorists on 9/11 were "freedom fighters".

Do you not possess critical analysis skills?
GOPidiots

Hollywood, FL

#865699 Feb 27, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Has one side of your face lost feeling and movement yet? Check a mirror. "Watching Woodward in action has been disconcerting for the many reporters who covered the story in real time. Did the White House float sequestration as a "trigger" to force a better, later deal from Congress? Yes. Would this have ever become an issue if Republicans hadn't chosen to hogtie the debt limit and hold a sixgun to its head for six months? No. So who cares?
Read the whole story at Slate
Silly woman! Carol is incapable of reading. She digests her news like she digests the fat in her diet. FOX feeds her and then she regurgitates. It's a cycle she repeats day after day.
Reporters everywhere are slamming Woodward's stupidity.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#865700 Feb 27, 2013
lily waxman raton fl wrote:
<quoted text> lily bites
and swallows
GOPidiots

Hollywood, FL

#865701 Feb 27, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Not all of the American people.
Right, the 19% that self identify as vaginal probe loving Republicans blame Obama.
Republicans are less popular than head lice.

Lapeer, MI

#865702 Feb 27, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
Who cares ?
<quoted text>
You're not old enough to vote yet so we can't expect you to care abut anything your hairdo.

Lapeer, MI

#865703 Feb 27, 2013
but

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 10 min LRS 177,406
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 26 min danetoo 68,376
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 29 min KiMare 49,532
Michelle Obama, f/k/a MICHAEL LAVAUGHN ROBINSON 34 min Facts4USA 2
Are ISIS and Obama in Cahoots??? 1 hr tsheridan 3
Obama's Truth?? 1 hr tsheridan 1
Some Christ Universal Temple members oppose Rev... (May '09) 1 hr Johnnie Coleman M... 2,865
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 5 hr trying to keep up 97,936
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info