Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1231828 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#865995 Feb 28, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm so proud of you I could burst, Homer. You actually want me to prove you are wrong.
Well, here you go. It's even worse than I thought if you listen to what he says at the end. So brace yourself.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =OrsBKGpwi58XX
Liberal Homer has very selective memory. He also believes that his Superman can jump tall buildings in a single bound.

Lapeer, MI

#865996 Feb 28, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Once anyone holds a position of power after being elected, it is the media's job and only purpose to hold all of them - every single one of them - accountable on behalf of the folks.
Not pick a side to root for. Once they did that, conservative commentators became an absolute necessity.
Whenever the Liberal Media is obligated to hold the Jerk-In-Chief's feet to the fire, they try desperately to first put out the fire.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Lapeer, MI

#865997 Feb 28, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>It wasn't all McCain's "Bomb, bomb, bomb, bomb, bomb Iran," or R'Money's using Breitbart opinions as facts and getting called on them, it's the obvious intolerance in his 47% comments that were caught on camera for all the world to hear (perhaps the corporate moochers should have remembered to tip their wait staff well), that spelled the beginning of the end of the Rethuglican party for the next generation.(BTW, Obama was talking about "stops" not states and had a slip of the tongue, but tin-foil hat Beck was going with his Islam conspiracy theories at the time and you just swallowed the whole thing--debunked emails and all. I feel sorry for you. Really.)
You once got spanked for impersonating a Girl Scout and here you are impersonating an adult on Topix.

You like that spanking thing, eh?
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#865998 Feb 28, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Even a Pope Emeritus would have to call bullshit on this one. Sending emails is not Cheney's style--he tells Leahy to GFH on the senate floor--and most all of dirty-deals-ham-facd Karl's emails are plants to steal votes or ruin someone's career.(It would be interesting to find out just how much pressure they put on Colin Powell to get him to spread their lies to the UN.)
Bush to the Press: "You're Assuming That You Represent the Public. I Don't Accept That."
RUSH10ME

Hayes, VA

#865999 Feb 28, 2013
Jimmy wrote:
<quoted text>
So where are you & leosnora going to chow down today?
At the "Y" after lunch they go to the dentist for a hair cut.

Lapeer, MI

#866000 Feb 28, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
Marco McMillian Dead: Openly Gay Mississippi Mayoral Candidate's Body Found, Homicide Suspected
(white supremacists?)
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/28/marc...
Maybe he just choked on something too big for him to handle?

Lapeer, MI

#866001 Feb 28, 2013
<quoted text>
"accountable" is an overused and overrated term that means absolutely nothing. Another one is "fundamental"
Let's ban these dumb words.
Some people shoot the messenger for the message but lily shoots the words inside that message.

Lapeer, MI

#866002 Feb 28, 2013
Jimmy wrote:
<quoted text>
lily, longing to play the race card again today before her next trip to the liquor store...
She'll pick up another free cellphone on the way back, too.

The one with the Boy Messiah image on the front.

Lapeer, MI

#866003 Feb 28, 2013
Jimmy wrote:
<quoted text>
leosnona is the reason we have a new word: Moonbat
Thank God for small miracles and entertainment.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#866004 Feb 28, 2013
<quoted text>
Can you believe our Governor sent a letter to the President re the sequestration? What happened?? Boehner wouldn't take his calls?
What a dope.
Have you been Google Earthing again?
Yep.

Scott is in a tough spot, he needs to distance himself from the TeaParty if he wants to gain a second term but he doesn't quite understand how to do it.

His worst nightmare is having to face another Republican in a primary.

I haven't heard any news about potential (D) candidates__Crist maybe, seems like he's lost most of his popularity. Alex Sink's husband died a few months back, I think she's finished with politics.

Lapeer, MI

#866005 Feb 28, 2013
Jimmy wrote:
<quoted text>
So where are you & leosnora going to chow down today?
Soup Kitchen.

Since: Nov 09

Pharr, TX

#866006 Feb 28, 2013
Jimmy wrote:
<quoted text>
How wonderful!
In the mean time, the Democrats can
- whittle away at our freedoms
- increase the debt so we end up like Greece with 25% unemployment
- ruin our health care
- destroy our military
- continue to cover up blunders like the terrorism in Benghazi
- don't stand by our our people overseas
- continue killing innocent civilians with drones
- continue getting into wars like Libya where the end result hurts our national interest
- increase the strength of Al Queda bu killing innocent civilians with drones
- continue to deceive the American people like Gibbs just admitted about being told not to admit the drone program
- lower the standard of living for all Americans
- foster hate & division in America
- try to receruit more moron commies like you
New record for NARCISSISM on Topix! Waxturd awarded himself 35 (that's right thirty-five) Brilliant judge-its for this dumbass post!

“It's always darkest 'fore dawn”

Since: Jul 08

Who's dawn?

#866007 Feb 28, 2013
Jimmy wrote:
<quoted text>
lily, longing to play the race card again today before her next trip to the liquor store...
Gay is a race now, Archie?
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#866008 Feb 28, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Yep.
Scott is in a tough spot, he needs to distance himself from the TeaParty if he wants to gain a second term but he doesn't quite understand how to do it.
His worst nightmare is having to face another Republican in a primary.
I haven't heard any news about potential (D) candidates__Crist maybe, seems like he's lost most of his popularity. Alex Sink's husband died a few months back, I think she's finished with politics.
She was a lacklustre candidate in my opinion. We sure could use a governor with some personality; I can't imagine Scott getting re elected, even though he's throwing money at teachers and education and accepted the Obamacare money.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#866009 Feb 28, 2013
OldRaider wrote:
<quoted text>
New record for NARCISSISM on Topix! Waxturd awarded himself 35 (that's right thirty-five) Brilliant judge-its for this dumbass post!
LOL! that's pathetic

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Patriot

Longmont, CO

#866010 Feb 28, 2013
War on Drugs surpasses its own absurdity!

Man arrested on Marijuana charges for having "green tongue!!!"

http://www.activistpost.com/2013/02/washingto...

They'd hate to have this cash cow tampered with by the People:

http://beforeitsnews.com/alternative/2013/02/...

----------

"Prohibition will work great injury to the cause of temperance. It is a species of intemperance within itself, for it goes beyond the bounds of reason in that it attempts to control a man's appetite by legislation, and makes a crime out of things that are not crimes. A Prohibition law strikes a blow at the very principles upon which Our government was founded."

Abraham Lincoln (1809-65), U.S. President.
Speech, 18 Dec. 1840, to Illinois House of Representatives

----

Until Congressional politicians reform Cannabis laws or ANY UnConstitutional 'law', jury nullification is one of the only ways to avoid imposing cruel "mandatory minimum" penalties on Cannabis users, growers and sellers who don't deserve to go to prison.

So, if you ever serve on a jury where the defendant is accused of a Cannabis crime, don't forget about jury nullification. Tell the other jurors you don't have to convict, even if all the evidence points to guilt, if you don't agree with the application of the 'law' in this instance. And if you can't swing your peers to your way of thinking, at least you can cause the jury to return a hung verdict.

-----

"Jurors should acquit, even against the judge's instruction... if exercising their judgement with discretion and honesty they have a clear conviction the charge of the court is wrong." ~ Alexander Hamilton, 1804

"It is not only the juror's right, but his duty to find the verdict according to his own best understanding, judgement and conscience, though in direct opposition to the instruction of the court." ~ John Adams, 1771
lily waxman raton fl

Pompano Beach, FL

#866011 Feb 28, 2013
<quoted text>
Bush to the Press: "You're Assuming That You Represent the Public. I Don't Accept That."
Obama to the Press: "You're Assuming That You Represent Me. I Love to Accept That".
lily waxman raton fl

Pompano Beach, FL

#866012 Feb 28, 2013
<quoted text>
She was a lacklustre candidate in my opinion. We sure could use a governor with some personality; I can't imagine Scott getting re elected, even though he's throwing money at teachers and education and accepted the Obamacare money.
OMG...He's following Obama's campaign strategy...You should be wearing one of his buttons to Happy Hour!
lily waxman raton fl

Pompano Beach, FL

#866013 Feb 28, 2013
<quoted text>
LOL! that's pathetic
Well, that's what you get for voting Obama in again.
Taneisha MoAnique Says

New York, NY

#866014 Feb 28, 2013
lily waxman raton fl wrote:
<quoted text> lily's love for the race card endures, even during Early Bird Happy Hour
she also forces her undocumented pool boy to do the job no other american wants to do. he's still missing parts from his vacuum.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 30 min Jacques from Orleans 189,582
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 48 min Earthling-1 53,451
Ill have those negras voting Democratic for t... 1 hr WillNAZIsDelete 1
Amy 5-22-15 2 hr mrs gladys kravitz 7
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 4 hr not a ghost 5,986
Song Title Game (Dec '11) 4 hr not a ghost 1,178
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 4 hr not a ghost 893
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 4 hr editor 99,531
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]