Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
GOPidiots

Hollywood, FL

#865696 Feb 27, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Now you are claiming to have made the story up?
It's you and Galt who have added your sick & twisted spin...4YEARS later.
One thing hasn't changed in 4 years though...you are still parked on Topix 24/7...truly pathetic.
Get a hobby. Freak.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#865697 Feb 27, 2013
"In the current survey, about as many independents say Republicans in Congress (39%) as President Obama (32%) would be more to blame if an agreement on spending cuts is not reached. A week ago, independents blamed Republicans in Congress by a somewhat wider margin (47%-29%); and in December, 52% of independents would have blamed Republicans more for going over the fiscal cliff, compared with 21% who would have blamed Obama."
carol

Orlando, FL

#865698 Feb 27, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
"OMG OMG OMG" Teaching kids that there are other religions on the world.
They aren't teaching children the tenets of Christianity or making them repeat: "Jesus Christ is the Son of God. Praise to God, the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost."

They are teaching children the terrorists on 9/11 were "freedom fighters".

Do you not possess critical analysis skills?
GOPidiots

Hollywood, FL

#865699 Feb 27, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Has one side of your face lost feeling and movement yet? Check a mirror. "Watching Woodward in action has been disconcerting for the many reporters who covered the story in real time. Did the White House float sequestration as a "trigger" to force a better, later deal from Congress? Yes. Would this have ever become an issue if Republicans hadn't chosen to hogtie the debt limit and hold a sixgun to its head for six months? No. So who cares?
Read the whole story at Slate
Silly woman! Carol is incapable of reading. She digests her news like she digests the fat in her diet. FOX feeds her and then she regurgitates. It's a cycle she repeats day after day.
Reporters everywhere are slamming Woodward's stupidity.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#865700 Feb 27, 2013
lily waxman raton fl wrote:
<quoted text> lily bites
and swallows
GOPidiots

Hollywood, FL

#865701 Feb 27, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Not all of the American people.
Right, the 19% that self identify as vaginal probe loving Republicans blame Obama.
Republicans are less popular than head lice.

Lapeer, MI

#865702 Feb 27, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
Who cares ?
<quoted text>
You're not old enough to vote yet so we can't expect you to care abut anything your hairdo.

Lapeer, MI

#865703 Feb 27, 2013
but
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

#865704 Feb 27, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Has one side of your face lost feeling and movement yet? Check a mirror. "Watching Woodward in action has been disconcerting for the many reporters who covered the story in real time. Did the White House float sequestration as a "trigger" to force a better, later deal from Congress? Yes. Would this have ever become an issue if Republicans hadn't chosen to hogtie the debt limit and hold a sixgun to its head for six months? No. So who cares?
It seems that Woodward has had a stroke; have you noticed his speach? Tom Brokaw as well. Seems to have a drooling problem
GOPidiots

Hollywood, FL

#865705 Feb 27, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
They aren't teaching children the tenets of Christianity or making them repeat: "Jesus Christ is the Son of God. Praise to God, the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost."
They are teaching children the terrorists on 9/11 were "freedom fighters".
Do you not possess critical analysis skills?
You're so full of shyt. You haven't been in a classroom in, what, 55 years?
No one is teaching any such nonsense...there's no time. Teachers are too busy teaching to the FCAT.
Isn't it about time for your Sara Lee fix?

Lapeer, MI

#865706 Feb 27, 2013
John Galt wrote:
Bob Woodward blasted President Obama on Wednesday morning for deciding to recall an aircraft carrier from the Persian Gulf because of impending budget cuts, calling the decision "a kind of madness."
Woodward: Can you imagine Ronald Reagan sitting there and saying ĎOh, by the way, I canít do this because of some budget document?í Or George W. Bush saying,ĎYou know, Iím not going to invade Iraq because I canít get the aircraft carriers I needí or even Bill Clinton saying,ĎYou know, Iím not going to attack Saddam Husseinís intelligence headquarters,í as he did when Clinton was president because of some budget document? Under the Constitution, the president is commander-in-chief and employs the force. And so we now have the president going out because of this piece of paper and this agreement, I canít do what I need to do to protect the country. Thatís a kind of madness that I havenít seen in a long time.
The Pyromaniac President starts fires, runs from the scene, denies any involvement and then relies of his Liberal Media Network to blame those fires on the Republicans. This is old hat and getting tiresome.
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

#865707 Feb 27, 2013
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"sonic"
Why were you not honest and list the whole picture?
Cable news rankings;
1 - O'Rielly - 2.863 million viewers
2 - The 5 - 2.015 million viewers
3 - Brett Bair - 1.971 million viewers
4 - Hannity - 1.920 million viewers
5 - Shepard Smith - 1.757 million viewers
6 - Greta - 1.433 million viewers
7 - America's Newsroom - 1.317 million viewers
8 - Cavuto - 1.293 million viewers
9 - Fox and Friends - 1.138 million viewers
10 - America Live - 1.120 million
11 - Studio B - 1.097 million viewers
12 - O'Rielly - 1.037 million viewers (Rerun)
13 - Happening Now - 1.037 million viewers
Note the top 13 are all Fox News programs
14 - Madcow - 999,000 viewers - MSNBC
15 - Ed Show - 879,000 viewers - MSNBC
16 - The Last Word - 799,000 viewers - MSNBC
17 - Anderson Cooper - 790,000 viewers - CNN
18 - Chris Mathews - 758,000 viewers - MSNBC
19 - Politics Nation - 718,000 viewers - MSNBC
20 - Piers Morgan - 642,000 voewers - CNN
21 - Situation Room - 587,000 viewers - CNN
22 - Nqancy Grace - 545,000 viewers - HLN
23 - Anderson Cooper - 541,000 viewers - CNN (Rerun)
24 - Martin Basier - 536,000 viewers - MSNBC
25 - Erin Burnett - 481,000 viewers - CNN
26 - CNN Newsroom - 466,000 viewers - CNN
27 - Dr. Drew - 424,000 viewers - HLN
28 - Daily Rundown - 418,000 - MSNBC
29 - Morning Joe - 401,000 viewers - MSNBC
Peace
KMA
Argo FYI

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#865708 Feb 27, 2013
"The Obama Record: The most frightening aspect of this president may not be his radical ideology but his rank dishonesty in selling that ideology. Now he's been caught lying about family racism.

In "Dreams from My Father," his 1995 memoir, Obama used the story of his paternal grandfather's imprisonment and torture at the hands of British colonists in Kenya as an example of white cruelty. He claimed Hussein Onyango Obama was unjustly detained for six months before being released a crippled, lice-ridden "old man."

In fact, none of it is true, according to Washington Post editor and biographer David Maraniss, who traveled to Kenya to investigate the tale. His grandfather was not detained or beaten by his "white rulers," as Obama, writing as a 34-year-old lawyer, claimed.

This is only the latest example of a growing body of fabrications, embellishments and outright lies told by this president, who has a real and possibly pathological problem with the truth.

Stacked up, his whoppers would make even Bill Clinton blush. Here's a sampling:

Lie No. 1: Obama has repeatedly claimed his white grandfather, Stanley Dunham, "fought in Patton's army," when he was a clerk with no combat in WWII.

Lie No. 2: Obama claimed Dunham, a communist sympathizer, signed up for duty "the day after Pearl Harbor," when in fact he waited six months.
mp3Subscribe to the IBD Editorials Podcast

Lie No. 3: Obama claimed his father "fought when he got back to Kenya against tribalism and nepotism, but ultimately was blackballed from the government," when in fact he fought against capitalism and lost his job when he advocated communism.

Lie No. 4: Obama has claimed his late mother's health insurer refused "to pay for her treatment" for cancer while citing a "pre-existing condition," when Cigna paid all her hospital bills and never denied payment.

Lie No. 5: Obama claimed he and a black high school friend named "Ray" were ostracized in Honolulu, when in fact the friend, Keith Kakugawa, was half-Japanese, and neither of them experienced discrimination.

Lie No. 6: Obama claimed the father of his Indonesian stepfather was killed by Dutch soldiers while fighting for Indonesian independence, when in fact the story turns out to be "a concocted myth in almost all respects," Maraniss found.

Lie No. 7: Obama claimed his parents decided to marry in the excitement of the Selma civil-rights march of 1965 ó and that he personally has "a claim on Selma" ó when in fact they were married several years earlier."

Lapeer, MI

#865709 Feb 27, 2013
leosnana wrote:
Slate is written in the Oval Office bathroom. Like Lincoln boy says: "Who cares?"
GOPidiots

Hollywood, FL

#865710 Feb 27, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
the fact that it bugs you so much makes my day.:-)
"I'm not going to let one narcissistic moron have 20 times the input on the judge-it system as other posters" - yes, you have been so successful in stopping it.
90% of the time I am on a mobile device, so i don't see the judgeits so your claim about "corrupting the dialog" is bogus.
21 hours a day on a mobile, 3 hours a day on the computer in the 'community' room.
I didn't realize the Jitterbug phone had internet access.
GOPidiots

Hollywood, FL

#865711 Feb 27, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
You're not old enough to vote yet so we can't expect you to care abut anything your hairdo.
You have him confused with Nobama, Topix resident hairstyle critic.
Understandable...Nobama lives on Topix 24/7 with many monikers.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#865712 Feb 27, 2013
GOPidiots wrote:
<quoted text>
It's you and Galt who have added your sick & twisted spin...4YEARS later.
One thing hasn't changed in 4 years though...you are still parked on Topix 24/7...truly pathetic.
Get a hobby. Freak.
Exposing a pedophile like you does not make one "sick or twisted".
carol

Orlando, FL

#865713 Feb 27, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Pamela Geller, what a fkn joke this is__only a moron would post this nonsense.
The Common Core Standard was supposed to raise standards for language arts, math and science. But in Texas, somehow the educational bureaucracy twisted it into a monstrosity called CSCOPE. This new public school curriculum has been criticized for secrecy (there are criminal penalties for releasing information about it); for teaching politically correct nonsense (Boston Tea Party were terrorists); and forcing female students to don burquas. CSCOPE is so out of control that State Sen. Dan Patrick,(R) Houston, held hearings to reform CSOPE.

If this is nothing but unsubstaniated false claims, then it's a non-story.

But I'll wait until more information is forthcoming before dismissing it so easily.
World Champion

Brooklyn, NY

#865714 Feb 27, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
myths about NASCAR drivers. who knew?
http://www.tampabay.com/cing/black-nascar-dri...
Ya I agree black people are really bad drivers and do everything in 1st gear. They even gave a hot white chick a nascar.

Lapeer, MI

#865715 Feb 27, 2013
Eman wrote:
"The Obama Record: The most frightening aspect of this president may not be his radical ideology but his rank dishonesty in selling that ideology. Now he's been caught lying about family racism.
In "Dreams from My Father," his 1995 memoir, Obama used the story of his paternal grandfather's imprisonment and torture at the hands of British colonists in Kenya as an example of white cruelty. He claimed Hussein Onyango Obama was unjustly detained for six months before being released a crippled, lice-ridden "old man."
In fact, none of it is true, according to Washington Post editor and biographer David Maraniss, who traveled to Kenya to investigate the tale. His grandfather was not detained or beaten by his "white rulers," as Obama, writing as a 34-year-old lawyer, claimed.
This is only the latest example of a growing body of fabrications, embellishments and outright lies told by this president, who has a real and possibly pathological problem with the truth.
Stacked up, his whoppers would make even Bill Clinton blush. Here's a sampling:
Lie No. 1: Obama has repeatedly claimed his white grandfather, Stanley Dunham, "fought in Patton's army," when he was a clerk with no combat in WWII.
Lie No. 2: Obama claimed Dunham, a communist sympathizer, signed up for duty "the day after Pearl Harbor," when in fact he waited six months.
mp3Subscribe to the IBD Editorials Podcast
Lie No. 3: Obama claimed his father "fought when he got back to Kenya against tribalism and nepotism, but ultimately was blackballed from the government," when in fact he fought against capitalism and lost his job when he advocated communism.
Lie No. 4: Obama has claimed his late mother's health insurer refused "to pay for her treatment" for cancer while citing a "pre-existing condition," when Cigna paid all her hospital bills and never denied payment.
Lie No. 5: Obama claimed he and a black high school friend named "Ray" were ostracized in Honolulu, when in fact the friend, Keith Kakugawa, was half-Japanese, and neither of them experienced discrimination.
Lie No. 6: Obama claimed the father of his Indonesian stepfather was killed by Dutch soldiers while fighting for Indonesian independence, when in fact the story turns out to be "a concocted myth in almost all respects," Maraniss found.
Lie No. 7: Obama claimed his parents decided to marry in the excitement of the Selma civil-rights march of 1965 ó and that he personally has "a claim on Selma" ó when in fact they were married several years earlier."
The Boy Messiah will go down in history as being one of the biggest liars ever, up there with Hitler, Stalin and Walt Disney. Walt Disney, at least, sold his stash as entertainment while the Boy Messiah sells his as Hollywood Reality. Django Bojangles.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 30 min Frijoles 69,490
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 51 min mahz 50,027
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Who 46,993
Grocery Coupon and saving your pennies 1 hr Susan 1
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr WelbyMD 178,583
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 3 hr PEllen 98,344
A short math question. I will reply with answer... 5 hr Whats the Bulb An... 8

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]