Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
RUSH10ME

Mathews, VA

#865326 Feb 27, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
Corporations urge Supreme Court to embrace gay marriage
WASHINGTON (Reuters)- More than 200 businesses will urge the U.S. Supreme Court on Wednesday to strike down a federal law that restricts the definition of marriage to heterosexual unions.
Lawyers representing the businesses said they would file a brief in the case.
Companies including Microsoft Corp, Google Inc, Starbucks Corp and Pfizer Inc are among those that joined the brief. Others included Aetna Inc, Amazon.com , Inc and Citigroup Inc.
Thomson Reuters Corp is another signatory. The Reuters news agency is part of Thomson Reuters.
The companies want the Supreme Court to strike down a key provision of the federal Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA) that defines marriage as a union between a man and a woman.
Separately, lawyers representing another group of employers, including some of the same companies, had said already that they planned to file a brief on Thursday in a related case that questions a California law that bans gay marriage.
The two cases are to be argued before the Supreme Court on March 26 and 27.
In the brief filed on Wednesday, attorney Sabin Willett wrote that DOMA "requires that employers treat one employee differently from another, when each is married, and each marriage is equally lawful."
DOMA does not create any uniformity nationwide, Willett said, because 12 states in total either authorize same-sex marriage or recognize marriages that have been performed in other states.
That creates a burden for employers, particularly those who do business nationwide, he added.
Willett also wrote that the law forces companies to discriminate, sometimes in contravention of their own internal policies and local laws, when dealing with healthcare plans and other benefits.
"We must do all of this in states, counties and cities that prohibit workplace discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation and demand equal treatment of all married individuals," he added.
In briefs already filed in support of marriage being restricted to heterosexual unions, business interests have not been represented. The U.S. Chamber of Commerce has not taken a stand on the issue.
----------
Another major hate issue is about to be taken away from the evangelical nitwits, as gay marriage is accepted in America and the Supremes will strike down right wing DOMA.
Social conservatives lose again!!
Gotta love it!!
Well atleast not everyone in nutsuckers family is queer , his sister likes girls !

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
carol

Orlando, FL

#865327 Feb 27, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
When does Obama plan to meet with Republicans?
At the 11th hour, as usual. But raising taxes yet again without any reasonable spending cuts isn't going to happen this time.

I imagine he's in panic mode as we speak.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Cway

United States

#865328 Feb 27, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>Communists until you get rich. Feminist until you get married. Anti-gun until you get robbed, family member killed or mugged by a deranged democrat. Nazi until you are accused of a crime. Atheist until the airplane starts falling. That's liberal.
No, it isn't.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#865329 Feb 27, 2013
Nj raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text>I would like to thank you for making the stupid look exactly that, STUPID! But all those facts presented was all for not with this asshole. He suffers from a case of mental dyslexia so in his eyes or the thing in between his ears , facts present themselves to him as the opposite, fiction. That being said, you'll be answering thief this same question tomorrow! That a symptom of his self induced disease PURE IGNORANCE!
LOL... I would like to thank you for making the stupid look exactly that, STUPID! LMFAO!!

You can ban guns, box cutters, knifes, swords, scissors, sticks or stones. One will never disarm a deranged liberal.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Cway

United States

#865330 Feb 27, 2013
RUSH10ME wrote:
<quoted text>Nuc you silly faggott dicks are for chicks you amoral bastard.
A Republican at his intellectual best.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#865332 Feb 27, 2013
Cway wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it isn't.
Don't assume my posts are about you moron, but if you're affected then that must mean you're guilty of something?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Leechie the GOP Leech

United States

#865333 Feb 27, 2013
(1950s Jingle playing in the background)

IT's LEECHIE!

Leechie: Hello Everbody!

IT's LEECHIE!

Leechie: You know what I came for!

THE GIANT GOP LEECH!

slurp-slurp-slurp
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#865334 Feb 27, 2013
RUSH10ME wrote:
<quoted text>Why are liberals so hell bent on decaying the moral fabric of society ??
If you imagine yourself to be the example of moral fabric; then it's time to rip it to shreds.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#865335 Feb 27, 2013
SapphireBlue wrote:
It's 53% who want more cuts, not 51%.
So how is it possible only 29% agree with republicans who have tried to pass bill after bill of reasonable cuts and reforms while 40% agree with democrats who want to spend more?
How could so many people be this confused?
Can someone please explain this to me?
Public ignorance and mass media manipulation.

The public likes Obama while disagreeing with his policies.

Go figure.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
carol

Orlando, FL

#865336 Feb 27, 2013
Cway wrote:
<quoted text>
Takes one to know one. Oh come on! If we allow ourselves to stoop to lower and lower heights pretty soon we'll all be on the street. That brings me back to Obama.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#865337 Feb 27, 2013
Cway wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh yeah! Meltdown in progress.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#865338 Feb 27, 2013
SapphireBlue wrote:
It's 53% who want more cuts, not 51%.
So how is it possible only 29% agree with republicans who have tried to pass bill after bill of reasonable cuts and reforms while 40% agree with democrats who want to spend more?
How could so many people be this confused?
Can someone please explain this to me?
It's you who is confused__avoid numbers and those % thingys. And change the TV channel once in a while, that FOX nonsense has rotted your brain.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Jimmy

Newington, CT

#865339 Feb 27, 2013
carol wrote:
53% want even more cuts than that of the sequester.
So how is it possible only 29% agree with republicans who have tried to pass several bills of cuts and reforms and 40% still agree with democrats who want to spend more?
Are people really this confused?
It's not Obama and Democrats who concern me the most. It's my fellow countrymen.
Democrats make up only a third of the voting population but when they get elected, they don't represent the majority with their agenda. They shove crap down peoples throats. Obamacare, for example.
Leechie the GOP Leech

United States

#865340 Feb 27, 2013
Ah look.

I started a war by lies in Iraq so I could suck taxpayer dollars via the military-industrial complex, GOP style.

What? 4,000 dead U.S. servicemen?

But Leechie loves blood profits!

slurp-slurp-slurp
carol

Orlando, FL

#865341 Feb 27, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>Obama Sequestration Cuts Signed into Law by Obama to get re-elected. LOL..Where's Bush when you need him?
Obama: I Will Veto Attempts To Get Rid Of Automatic Spending Cuts.
http://www.forbes.com/fdc/welcome_mjx.shtml
The sequester mechanism was part of a 2011 law designed to force Congress to reach a deficit reduction deal and Obama's idea.

Bob Woodward said in the Washington Post White House officials, namely Obama's nominee for Treasury Secretary, proposed the sequester.

Woodward, in his book called "The Price of Politics" wrote Obama was "moving the goal posts" by insisting on new tax revenue as part of an alternative to the sequester cuts.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/24/sequ...

Not moving the goal post - just pretending it's not there.
carol

Orlando, FL

#865342 Feb 27, 2013
I swear to God I love to drink Diet Coke while I type. It's so refreshing. Sometimes when I'm just wearing an old T-shirt I'll just pour it all over my chest and let it dry on there. Then, at the end of the day I'll just stand up and rip it off all at once which is so goddamed exciting it makes milk squirt out my nipples.
lily waxman raton fl

Pompano Beach, FL

#865343 Feb 27, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
If you imagine yourself to be the example of moral fabric; then it's time to rip it to shreds.
You have already done that; now put down the glass, get up off the floor and stagger on home.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#865344 Feb 27, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Obama met with Lindsay Graham and John McCain just this morning Carol change the the TV channel once in a while.
And Lindsey got a woody
Jimmy

Newington, CT

#865345 Feb 27, 2013
My father-in-law used to vote Democrat, but every year would complain to me about the taxes going up more than needed. I finally told him he was the one doing it to himself by voting Democrat. Ever since then, he now votes Republican.
RUSH10ME

Mathews, VA

#865346 Feb 27, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh yeah! Meltdown in progress.
On obamas part ?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 9 min The Real Missyfit 47,480
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 31 min HulkHoeGun 50,589
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 39 min edogxxx 98,498
Abby 10-21 42 min edogxxx 1
Amy 10-21 45 min edogxxx 1
Do you find smoking attractive? (No posts about... 54 min Girly girl 7
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr JOEL 69,974
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr wojar 179,265
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info