Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
795,821 - 795,840 of 1,078,890 Comments Last updated 4 min ago
Realtime

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
step away from FOX and try a Reagan economist...
It is a standard talking point of Republicans and deficit hawks of all political stripes that federal spending is out of control; that major surgery is needed, especially on entitlement programs such as Social Security and Medicare, to get the budget on a sustainable course.
In fact, our long-term deficit situation is not nearly as severe as even many budget experts believe. The problem is that they are looking at recent history and near-term projections that are overly impacted by one-time factors related to the economic crisis and massive Republican tax cuts that lowered revenues far below normal.
Read more at http://www.thefiscaltimes.com/Columns/2013/01...
Republican tax cuts that lowered revenue far below normal__and provided zero positive economic impact.

Free money for the wealthy.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

flack wrote:
<quoted text> You may not have to worry about it. I think they finally banned them clowns. Haven't seen them in over a week.
They ban them and they come back with another new name. Just ignore them.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
Romney - Palin 2016
Wow, sounds like a dream team. Watched a documentary on drug problems in Alaska, meth. Dreadful looking state.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

STOCKHOLM — Swedish furniture giant Ikea became entangled in Europe's widening meat scandal Monday, forced to withdraw meatballs from stores across Europe amid suspicions that they contained horse meat.

Stores in the U.S. and Canada were not affected, Ikea said.

The company reacted after authorities in the Czech Republic said they had detected horse DNA in tests of 1-kilogram (2.2-pound) packs of frozen meatballs that were labeled as beef and pork. The Czech State Veterinary Administration said it tested two batches of Ikea meatballs and only one of them contained horse meat. It did not say how much.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
step away from FOX and try a Reagan economist...
It is a standard talking point of Republicans and deficit hawks of all political stripes that federal spending is out of control; that major surgery is needed, especially on entitlement programs such as Social Security and Medicare, to get the budget on a sustainable course.
In fact, our long-term deficit situation is not nearly as severe as even many budget experts believe. The problem is that they are looking at recent history and near-term projections that are overly impacted by one-time factors related to the economic crisis and massive Republican tax cuts that lowered revenues far below normal.
Read more at http://www.thefiscaltimes.com/Columns/2013/01...
Proves just how progressive conservatism has been since Ronald Reagan & Bruce Bartlett tenure in the whitehouse and how conservatism as an ideaology has evolved and all you got do is look at GW Bush as a comparision who was really a modern liberal and labeled conservatism as Compassionate Conservatism which is nothing more than Modern Liberalism and those beliefs are more common & found on the East & West Coast States.

Compassionate Conservatism

Properly understood
Jan 14, 2013, Vol. 18, No. 17
By GERTRUDE HIMMELFARB

Defeat, like death, concentrates the mind wonderfully. It also liberates the mind. People venture to think the unthinkable, or at least, the impermissible. A new generation of conservatives may be moved to reconsider some ideas that have fallen into disuse or even disrepute. Compassion is one such idea.

Shortly after the election, Paul Ryan, addressing the Kemp Foundation, took the measure of the situation in which conservatives now find themselves. In the course of his remarks, he uttered the word “compassion” or “compassionate” five times, by my count&#8203;—&#8203;in a favorable sense. This is all the more striking because American conservatives have not always been comfortable with that word, regarding it as a vapid sentimentalism that has no place in politics, let alone economics. President Bush’s adoption, in his first term, of a policy of “compassionate conservatism” confirmed them in that suspicion, for that policy soon degenerated into what conservatives themselves derided as a “politics of compassion,” which consisted of yet another round of programs conceived and financed by the government and farmed out to “faith-based”(a euphemism for “religious”) institutions. This was all too reminiscent of the “great society”(again,“society” a euphemism for “state”) inaugurated by President Johnson, which set in motion the vast expansion of the welfare state.(That term too has fallen into disuse, the present entitlements going well beyond the “welfare” designed for the relief of the poor.)

http://www.weeklystandard.com/articles/compas...

Compassionate conservatism is a political philosophy that stresses using traditionally conservative techniques and concepts in order to improve the general welfare of society.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compassionate_co...
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Some things have absolute deadlines, such as legal filings, proposals, etc.
If the clock strikes midnight and the task is not complete, months of work may go down the drain.
No excuses.
You understood what Flo said?
Homer 2016

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
Romney - Palin 2016
Romney done, Palin done, the Republican's last chance at winning the presidency is with Christie and they hate him.

So they'll come out with another middle-aged rich pasty white guy and lose again.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh I do.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

TAN THE MAN wrote:
<quoted text>
SO, UM, THAT MEAN YOU STANDIN' UP TO TYPE NOW, HUH? THIS PART OF YOU 5 YEAR PLAN FO' THE FUTURE, CRACKER? HERE'S ANOTHER HINT THOUGH: YOU CAIN'T GET ANYONE BACK ON THEIR FEET UNTIL YOU GET 'EM UP OFF THEY ASS. IT ACADEMIC. I IMAGINED A ROOMFUL OF CRIPPLED OL' WHITE FUCKS MIGHT ALREADY KNOW THAT?
Your deranged creativity is your lack of intelligent thinking running on empty, still having fun.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
Rehire Dog the Snowplow guy!
Puhssy wanna be strawboss, ARP (anal retentive prick types) that just want to SLACK and whine like little biotch girls in Catholic school skirts, need not foller the hard working snowplower type guys around!
Kerrriiist.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
All just one individual, the Chicago ghetto scumbag known as "dem."

“Plays well with others.”

Since: Jun 07

LIVING WELL*THE BEST REVENGE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Rightwingers rarely have a sense of humor and they equate SNL with communism
You have got to be kidding!!!!

“Plays well with others.”

Since: Jun 07

LIVING WELL*THE BEST REVENGE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

Addicted to my homemade candied ginger....spicy hot!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

Homer 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>Romney done, Palin done, the Republican's last chance at winning the presidency is with Christie and they hate him.
So they'll come out with another middle-aged rich pasty white guy and lose again.
No danger of a "white guy" on the Democrat ticket...ever again.
Homer 2016

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
You understood what Flo said?
As a lifelong PA resident Galt speaks fluent hillbilly.
VeryNotSurpriZed

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

waxywaxturd wrote:
Hello again my friends!! I would like to introduce you to yet another one of my newest sockpuppets, "Nuculur Option!! Please, my topix friends, do NOT ignore this one as he also, is very "SPECIAL"!!!!!
Not Surprized! ROTFLMAO!
Homer 2016

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

STOCKHOLM — Swedish furniture giant Ikea became entangled in Europe's widening meat scandal Monday, forced to withdraw meatballs from stores across Europe amid suspicions that they contained horse meat.
Stores in the U.S. and Canada were not affected, Ikea said.
The company reacted after authorities in the Czech Republic said they had detected horse DNA in tests of 1-kilogram (2.2-pound) packs of frozen meatballs that were labeled as beef and pork. The Czech State Veterinary Administration said it tested two batches of Ikea meatballs and only one of them contained horse meat. It did not say how much.
Swedish meatballs? The jokes write themselves sometimes.
Jean

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Seriously, are you this dumb?
Only after you've been drinking.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

Homer 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>Romney done, Palin done, the Republican's last chance at winning the presidency is with Christie and they hate him.
American politics are more polarized than ever, with suburban and rural white Republicans battling urban minority Democrats. This division is not a stable situation and not good for anybody.
VeryNotSurpriZed

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

waxywaxturd wrote:
Hello again my friends!! I would like to introduce you to yet one more of my newest sockpuppets,
(I NEVER run out of them) "GOPIdiots"!! Once again my topix friends, do NOT ignore this SOCKPUPPET, he too is very "SPECIAL and UNIQUE" in his own way!!!!!
Thanks for the welcome in advance, Not Surprized
Not Surprized! ROTFLMAO!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

80 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 min jacques Mont Tremblant 174,501
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 11 min truth 48,862
Amy 7-23 14 min Julie 9
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 20 min SpaceBlues 45,767
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 39 min TRD 67,891
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 49 min Hatti_Hollerand 458
Amy 7-22 1 hr Julie 14
Abby 7-23 5 hr PEllen 13
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 7 hr Rose of Tralee 97,515
•••

Beach Hazards Statement for Cook County was issued at July 23 at 4:15PM CDT

•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••