Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
795,721 - 795,740 of 1,100,983 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#864546 Feb 26, 2013
The Republican Leadership Deficit

When major parties go into the political wilderness, they typically donít look to the same leaders that led them into it to help get them out again. Unfortunately for them, Republicans have mostly relied on holdovers and retreads from the Bush era for their leaders in Congress and their presidential tickets. Of course, simply replacing the old guard with new people that say and do more or less exactly the same things wonít be very effective, either.

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/lariso...
Forum

Lovington, NM

#864547 Feb 26, 2013
THE CHILDREN OF STAN wrote:
<quoted text>THE ONLY PEOPLE THAT WILL CATCH HELL IS THE MIDDLE CLASS PEOPLE,IT WILL NOT HURT THE RICH AND IT WILL NOT HURT THE POOR
IF YOU WANT TO CALL IT THAT ARE ON Section 8!THE SECTION 8 PEOPLE HAVE IT
BETTER THAT MIDDLE CLASS PEOPLE?THEY BUY 500$ PAIR OF Micheal Jordan Tennis Shoes AND GET BACK IN TAXES $8,000 A YEAR AND HAVE NOT PAY THE FIRST DIME IN TAXES!
I AM TALKING ABOUT Healthy people THAT CAN WORK HOWEVER OBAMA AND DEM HAVE
GOT THEM PAID OFF FOR VOTES AND NOW OBAMA AND DEM ARE AFTER THE illegal immigration FROM mexico TO BE FREE THAT HAVE TAKEN Healthy peopleS JOBS THAT CAN WORK ON SECTION 8, OBAMA AND DEM WILL HAVE THEM PAID OFF FOR VOTES
TOO!IT IS ALL ABOUT VOTES!ONE THING THAT I CAN SAY ABOUT THE GOP IS THAT
THEY DO NOT WANT TO TAX ANYONE MOST OF THE TIME!DEM TAX AND SPEND SO THAT THE MIDDLE CLASS PEOPLE WILL TAKE HOME LESS MONEY!WAKE UP MIDDLE CLASS PEOPLE THAT THINK THAT THE DEM ARE LOOKING OUT FOR YOU!!
We are all in judgement.
TAN THE MAN

Puteaux, France

#864548 Feb 26, 2013
OH...
I'VE GOT A LOVELY BUNCH OF COCONUTS
ALL OF THEM A STANDIN' IN A ROW...
TAN THE MAN

Puteaux, France

#864550 Feb 26, 2013
John Galt wrote:
Let's all pause one moment today to observe the first anniversary of the death of an American hero.
? LEAVE IT TO YOU FOLKS TO ENDLESSLY VENERATE THE DEAD. BUT HERE'S A SUGGESTION: TAKE CARE OF THE LIVING, THE DEAD CAN TAKE CARE OF THEMSELVES.

Since: May 11

Loysville, PA

#864551 Feb 26, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Mandatory abortion coverage is part of Obamacare, whether in the law passed by Congress or by imperial decree.
Liar.
Forum

Lovington, NM

#864552 Feb 26, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Furloughs are pay cuts, not layoffs.
Federal employees are overpaid anyway, so about time.
The veterans get first bid.
Forum

Lovington, NM

#864553 Feb 26, 2013
TAN THE MAN wrote:
<quoted text>
? LEAVE IT TO YOU FOLKS TO ENDLESSLY VENERATE THE DEAD. BUT HERE'S A SUGGESTION: TAKE CARE OF THE LIVING, THE DEAD CAN TAKE CARE OF THEMSELVES.
Jesus, my hero.
SapphireBlue

Orlando, FL

#864554 Feb 26, 2013
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
HEY STUPID! The reason more people are on food assistance is that the country was clobbered by a severe recession. We don't let our citizens go without food in this country you ignorant POS.
www.csmonitor.com/Business/.../Obama-is-no-fo...
Food stamp expansion began with the 2002 Farm Bill that was passed by the Republican controlled House and signed into law by George W Bush.
www.washingtonpost.com/.../food-stamp...obama... ...
You're an idiot!
We should already be coming out of that recession. Instead of being in new ones.

A leader who spends rather than cuts and can't get his own party to pass a budget to save his life - not even his own - can only blame someone else for so long.

After Friday, his "balanced approach" will be played like a broken record. It was anything but balanced. He renigged on his promise to cut spending even after republicans raised taxes and now he wants to raise taxes yet again.

Sequestration was his idea. That, too, is recorded forever.

This is Obama's baby. Stinky diapers and all.
SapphireBlue

Orlando, FL

#864555 Feb 26, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
The Republican Leadership Deficit
When major parties go into the political wilderness, they typically donít look to the same leaders that led them into it to help get them out again. Unfortunately for them, Republicans have mostly relied on holdovers and retreads from the Bush era for their leaders in Congress and their presidential tickets. Of course, simply replacing the old guard with new people that say and do more or less exactly the same things wonít be very effective, either.
http://www.theamericanconservative.com/lariso...
Oh, I don't know....

I've seen a few prominent republicans before a camera lately stating the obvious. Obama just keeps wanting to raise taxes, has no interest in cutting spending and blames the other party simply for personal and political gain.

What else is new?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#864556 Feb 26, 2013
TAN THE MAN wrote:
<quoted text>
? LEAVE IT TO YOU FOLKS TO ENDLESSLY VENERATE THE DEAD. BUT HERE'S A SUGGESTION: TAKE CARE OF THE LIVING, THE DEAD CAN TAKE CARE OF THEMSELVES.
You must be a racist if you mock observation of the first anniversary of the death of an American hero.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#864557 Feb 26, 2013
TAN THE MAN wrote:
<quoted text>
THEY'RE LARGELY YOUR PEOPLE SO KNOCK YOUSELF OUT, CRACKER. WE ALL READY FO' THE BIG SHOW AN' IT YOUR PEOPLE WHO GONNA BE PUNISHED SO I RECKON I CAN STAND IT. CAN YOU?
Ghost rides again.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#864558 Feb 26, 2013
Forum wrote:
<quoted text>
The veterans get first bid.
Explain.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#864559 Feb 26, 2013
Most Say Spending Cuts Would Have Major Impact on Economy, Military

Little Partisan Difference in Views of Sequester's Impact

More continue to say Republicans in Congress (45%), rather than President Obama (32%), would be more to blame if an agreement to prevent automatic spending cuts is not reached before the deadline; 13% volunteer that they think both would be equally to blame. Opinion is about the same as in a Pew Research Center/USA TODAY survey conducted a week ago.

http://www.people-press.org/2013/02/25/most-s...
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#864560 Feb 26, 2013
SapphireBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, I don't know....
I've seen a few prominent republicans before a camera lately stating the obvious. Obama just keeps wanting to raise taxes, has no interest in cutting spending and blames the other party simply for personal and political gain.
What else is new?
new? not that lie. 4 years old.

but it's funny how you folks want to forget the man got reelected while talking about raising taxes.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#864561 Feb 26, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
Republicans have only themselves to blame for the sequester
The Republicans have a remarkably incoherent position on the sequester: It is a terrible policy that must be replaced with a cuts-only solution, they say, but there is no actual GOP plan that fits this description. Republicans seem to be hoping that President Obama will negotiate with himself until they are satisfied.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-part...
THERE IS NO SEQUESTER.
It's all a propaganda lie.

THERE IS NO PLAN TO REDUCE GOVERNMENT SPENDING.

The only thing that is being discussed is whether to borrow 8.5 trillion dollars over the next 10 years, or to borrow only 7 trillion dollars over the next 10 years.

There is no plan to pay for the government. The only plan for government being discussed is about having a government that can never be paid for.

Obama is a pathological liar.

Let's go over this again....

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A "SEQUESTER".

THERE IS NO PLAN TO CUT GOVERNMENT SPENDING.

And, Obama is a pathological liar.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#864562 Feb 26, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
Most Say Spending Cuts Would Have Major Impact on Economy, Military
Little Partisan Difference in Views of Sequester's Impact
More continue to say Republicans in Congress (45%), rather than President Obama (32%), would be more to blame if an agreement to prevent automatic spending cuts is not reached before the deadline; 13% volunteer that they think both would be equally to blame. Opinion is about the same as in a Pew Research Center/USA TODAY survey conducted a week ago.
http://www.people-press.org/2013/02/25/most-s...
"Most" are often wrong, particularly about trivial slowing of the rate of increase in federal spending.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#864563 Feb 26, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
Most Say Spending Cuts Would Have Major Impact on Economy, Military
Little Partisan Difference in Views of Sequester's Impact
More continue to say Republicans in Congress (45%), rather than President Obama (32%), would be more to blame if an agreement to prevent automatic spending cuts is not reached before the deadline; 13% volunteer that they think both would be equally to blame. Opinion is about the same as in a Pew Research Center/USA TODAY survey conducted a week ago.
http://www.people-press.org/2013/02/25/most-s...
THERE IS NO PLAN TO CUT SPENDING!!!!!

It's all a propaganda lie.

The only thing being discussed is whether to borrow an additional 8.5 trillion dollars, or just an additional 7 trillion dollars, to keep a government that is impossible to pay for even at the current level of government spending.

Let's go over that again....

THERE IS NO PLAN TO CUT GOVERNMENT SPENDING.

It's all a propaganda lie.

Obama is a pathological liar.

Since: May 11

Loysville, PA

#864564 Feb 26, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
THERE IS NO SEQUESTER.
It's all a propaganda lie.
THERE IS NO PLAN TO REDUCE GOVERNMENT SPENDING.
The only thing that is being discussed is whether to borrow 8.5 trillion dollars over the next 10 years, or to borrow only 7 trillion dollars over the next 10 years.
There is no plan to pay for the government. The only plan for government being discussed is about having a government that can never be paid for.
Obama is a pathological liar.
Let's go over this again....
THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A "SEQUESTER".
THERE IS NO PLAN TO CUT GOVERNMENT SPENDING.
And, Obama is a pathological liar.
Funny coming from a pathological idiot.

What did Congress in 2011? What are they debating now?

Evidently, according to Dumbwaiter, nothing.

Why am I subsidizing your salary?
Forum

Lovington, NM

#864565 Feb 26, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Explain.
What do they pay them for? Saving lives?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#864566 Feb 26, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
new? not that lie. 4 years old.
but it's funny how you folks want to forget the man got reelected while talking about raising taxes.
Actually, Obama promised no tax increases except for the "wealthy", a lie.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 58 min the wandering girl 4,681
Word (Dec '08) 2 hr andet1987 4,662
Ping G20 Irons Compared With Cheap G15 Irons (May '12) 2 hr lucy 2
chief keef 2 hr sd 1
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 3 hr voice of peace 68,393
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 4 hr JOEL 69,030
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 4 hr Louis Slungpoo 46,358
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 6 hr LRS 177,461
•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••