Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#864514 Feb 26, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
Republicans have only themselves to blame for the sequester
The Republicans have a remarkably incoherent position on the sequester: It is a terrible policy that must be replaced with a cuts-only solution, they say, but there is no actual GOP plan that fits this description. Republicans seem to be hoping that President Obama will negotiate with himself until they are satisfied.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-part...
The sequester cuts department funding. Obama is free to choose which services are cut. Seems like he prefers to cut border security and airline safety in the field instead of bureaucratic jobs in Washington. What a surprise?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#864515 Feb 26, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
“My sense,” Obama said, talking about the GOP position on the sequester,“is that their basic view is that nothing is important enough to raise taxes on wealthy individuals or corporations, and they would prefer to see these kinds of cuts that could slow down our recovery over closing tax loopholes. And that’s the thing that binds their party together at this point.”
So Republicans would rather see the country sink into sequester-induced Hades than harm one hair on the heads of their rich friends? Really?
One can be sure, once the sequester takes hold, that every teacher, fireman and police officer who has lost a job – along with anyone whose ambulance didn’t arrive in time or whose flight was delayed more than 15 minutes – will be paraded through the East Room so that all might know only cold hearts beat in Republicans’ breasts.
http://blogs.reuters.com/great-debate/2013/02...
Obama is unwilling to cut any federal spending.

Teachers, police, and firemen are local government employees.

WTF?
Taneisha MoAnique Says

New York, NY

#864518 Feb 26, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Nj raider is depraved because the white man keeps him down.
Excuses, excuses, excuses.
and the pit bull ate his homework
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#864519 Feb 26, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
WTF did that have to do with Hobby Lobby & health insurance.
I guess you think there is mandatory abortion coverage in the heath care law proving exactly how uninformed you are.
Mandatory abortion coverage is part of Obamacare, whether in the law passed by Congress or by imperial decree.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#864520 Feb 26, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
WTF?
lie.

truncated video? youtube?

sigh
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#864521 Feb 26, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
The sequester cuts department funding. Obama is free to choose which services are cut. Seems like he prefers to cut border security and airline safety in the field instead of bureaucratic jobs in Washington. What a surprise?
Sen. Ron Johnson (R-Wis.) said House Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) would lose his speakership if he agrees to new tax revenues to avert the across-the-board spending cuts that are set to kick in on March 1.

In the battle over the sequester, Boehner has maintained his pledge not to entertain any new tax revenues. President Barack Obama and Democrats have called for a resolution that consists of both spending cuts and increased revenue, such as closing corporate tax loopholes and implementing the Buffet rule to raise taxes on billionaires.

During a news conference Monday, Boehner showed no signs of hedging.

"The president says we have to have another tax increase in order to avoid the sequester,” he said. "Well, Mr. President, you got your tax increase. It’s time to cut spending here in Washington."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/25/ron-...
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#864522 Feb 26, 2013
NYT David Brooks on his Sequestration Column:'I probably went a bit too far'

"The above column was written in a mood of justified frustration over the fiscal idiocy that is about to envelop the nation. But in at least one respect I let my frustration get the better of me. It is true, as the director of the Congressional Budget Office has testified, that the administration has not proposed a specific anti-sequester proposal that can be scored or passed into law. It is not fair to suggest, as I did, that tax hikes for the rich is the sole content of the president’s approach. The White House has proposed various constructive changes to spending levels and entitlement programs. These changes are not nearly adequate in my view, but they do exist, and I should have acknowledged the balanced and tough-minded elements in the president’s approach."

http://www.imediaethics.org/News/3776/Nyt_dav...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#864523 Feb 26, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
How the Sequester Will Harm Republican States
Republicans cheering for the sequester to kick in this week may find that their big-government states will suffer the most.
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/02...
If Utah suffers a few months of layoffs, declining retail sales and slumping tourism, Sen. Hatch will be singing from the Keynesian hymnal.
All Americans will be devastated if there are massive layoffs at the IRS processing facility in Ogden. How can we survive without the IRS?
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#864524 Feb 26, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
WTF?
Seriously, are you this dumb?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#864525 Feb 26, 2013
Taneisha MoAnique Says wrote:
<quoted text>will golfing be cut? date nights all over the world on Air Force One? what about Moochelle's many expensive vacations?
How many taxpayer dollars were spent staging the Moochelle Oscar show?
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#864526 Feb 26, 2013
THE REAL DEBIL wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW HOW TO TYPE IN CAPS.
WHAT?

Since: Nov 11

United States

#864527 Feb 26, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>Obama is unwilling to cut any federal spending.

WTF?
It's Bush faults, said the Liberals!

See? Bush signed it into law!

Ask the Liberals!

Obama says sequester and furloughs are a bad deal! He blames Republicans for his signature, and Liberals blindly believe him.

Obana in campaign mode again instead of using leadership in Congesss! He has no leadership skills that's why!
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#864528 Feb 26, 2013
A majority of the country believes the Republican Party is out of touch with the American people, too extreme and inflexible to change, according to findings released Tuesday by Pew Research Center, placing the GOP in decidedly lower public esteem than the Democratic Party.

Sixty-two percent said the GOP is out of touch with Americans, compared with 46 percent who said the same of Democrats. A little more than half, 52 percent, called the Republican Party "too extreme," while 56 percent said the Democratic Party is not too extreme. Similarly, 56 percent said Republicans are not open to change, compared with 58 percent who actually said the opposite of Democrats.

http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/p...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#864530 Feb 26, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Sen. Ron Johnson (R-Wis.) said House Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) would lose his speakership if he agrees to new tax revenues to avert the across-the-board spending cuts that are set to kick in on March 1.
In the battle over the sequester, Boehner has maintained his pledge not to entertain any new tax revenues. President Barack Obama and Democrats have called for a resolution that consists of both spending cuts and increased revenue, such as closing corporate tax loopholes and implementing the Buffet rule to raise taxes on billionaires.
During a news conference Monday, Boehner showed no signs of hedging.
"The president says we have to have another tax increase in order to avoid the sequester,” he said. "Well, Mr. President, you got your tax increase. It’s time to cut spending here in Washington."
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/25/ron-...
Obama already got his tax increases without conceding any spending cuts.

Time to address the other side of the ledger.

Democrats have a choice between the sequester and negotiated spending reductions. The ball is in their court.

Taxed Enough Already.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#864531 Feb 26, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
yes it is....
Twice Rubin describes our situation today as “scary.”
Remarkable. Our uncles and fathers turned the Empire of the Sun and Third Reich into cinders in four years, and this generation is all wee-weed up over Mahmoud Ahmadinejad.
“For all intents and purposes,(Bibi) Netanyahu is now the West’s protector,” says Rubin. How so? Because Obama and Chuck Hagel seem to lack the testosterone “to execute a military strike on Iran.”
Yet according to the Christian Science Monitor, Bibi first warned in 1992 that Iran was on course to get the bomb—in three to five years! And still no bomb.
And Bibi has since been prime minister twice. Why has our Lord Protector not manned up and dealt with Iran himself?
Answer: He wants us to do it—and us to take the consequences.
http://www.theamericanconservative.com/articl...
The loudmouth Ahmadinejad's term expires this summer and we'll have to deal with a new "scary guy."

Term limits in Iran__who knew?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#864533 Feb 26, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
NYT David Brooks on his Sequestration Column:'I probably went a bit too far'
"The above column was written in a mood of justified frustration over the fiscal idiocy that is about to envelop the nation. But in at least one respect I let my frustration get the better of me. It is true, as the director of the Congressional Budget Office has testified, that the administration has not proposed a specific anti-sequester proposal that can be scored or passed into law. It is not fair to suggest, as I did, that tax hikes for the rich is the sole content of the president’s approach. The White House has proposed various constructive changes to spending levels and entitlement programs. These changes are not nearly adequate in my view, but they do exist, and I should have acknowledged the balanced and tough-minded elements in the president’s approach."
http://www.imediaethics.org/News/3776/Nyt_dav...
Who cares about David Brooks' opinion when he obviously is constrained to parrot his employer?
TAN THE MAN

Puteaux, France

#864534 Feb 26, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
hilarious.
i live in one of the most backwoods counties in Indiana, which, for some reason, pulls more from the state per capita than any other county.
and this county sure didn't go for Obama. and we might have a couple of black folks living here, but they have a tendency to stay out of sight for some reason beyond my fathoming.
YOU LIVE IN INDIANA? WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? OH WELL, I LIVED IN GEORGIA FOR YEARS SO I GUESS I CAN UNDERSTAND IT. THE THINGS WE'LL DO FOR (LOVE?) WHAT IS THERE TO DO IN INDIANA PRAY TELL? I'M TOO MELLOWED OUT TO FIGHT SO I'M GOING TO GO SEE IF THERE ARE ANY BIG-BREASTED REDHEADS AT THE GYM. GIVE 'EM HELL, HARRY.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#864535 Feb 26, 2013
martinezjosei wrote:
<quoted text>
It's Bush faults, said the Liberals!
See? Bush signed it into law!
Ask the Liberals!
Obama says sequester and furloughs are a bad deal! He blames Republicans for his signature, and Liberals blindly believe him.
Obana in campaign mode again instead of using leadership in Congesss! He has no leadership skills that's why!
Furloughs are pay cuts, not layoffs.

Federal employees are overpaid anyway, so about time.
For Real

United States

#864536 Feb 26, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>Realtime is the authority on pets and farm animals. You looking for friends on the preserves with the same mental disorder as you?
you're off topic, get back at me when you get an education imbecile.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#864537 Feb 26, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Seriously, are you this dumb?
How many Boca teachers, cops, and firemen will be laid off on March 1st if the sequester takes effect?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Playboy offered Sarah Palin $4 Million to pose ... 1 hr Larry Flint 4
Song Titles Only (group/artist in parenthesis m... (Mar '10) 2 hr _Zoey_ 7,786
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr Jacques from Ottawa 178,266
Music Artists A to Z (Feb '14) 2 hr _Zoey_ 326
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr ritedownthemiddle 46,876
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 3 hr PEllen 98,269
Abby 9-21-14 4 hr cheluzal 11
Amy 9-23-14 6 hr edogxxx 21
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE