Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1263827 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

RUSH10ME

Mathews, VA

#864651 Feb 26, 2013
lily waxman raton fl wrote:
<quoted text> Please untie your horse and stagger onto it; you left it in front of the Boca Liquor Store.
Was it black or spotted , if so it was most likely an inlaw!
SapphireBlue

Orlando, FL

#864652 Feb 26, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> You may not have to worry about it. I think they finally banned them clowns. Haven't seen them in over a week.
I've also been gone over a week. Will gradually return after testing the waters first.

Hi flack.
SapphireBlue

Orlando, FL

#864653 Feb 26, 2013
TAN THE MAN wrote:
<quoted text>
WELLL... NOT EXACTLY, WHORE-PANTS. THERE AIN'T ANY REAL RULES SO WHO'S TO SAY WHAT THEY SHOULD OR SHOULD NOT HAVE TO DO? THAT'S RIGHT, THE FOLKS IN POWER, WHICH, IT TURNS OUT, AIN'T YOU. BUT I DIGRESS. HOW WOULD YOU LIKE IT, UP THE ASS OR DOWN THE GULLET? I'M STILL ON VACATION SO I'M OPEN TO ANYTHING, JUST LIKE YOU I REALIZE.
See flack?
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#864654 Feb 26, 2013
Homer 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>Romney done, Palin done, the Republican's last chance at winning the presidency is with Christie and they hate him.
So they'll come out with another middle-aged rich pasty white guy and lose again.
The R's still have Jeb (the smart one) wandering around in the wings but "smart" is relative isn't it?

Jeb is smarter than W__well Sarah Palin is also smarter than W and she's a fkn imbecile.

Christie can compete against the Dems as can Huntsman but those are about the only two R's that come to mind presently.

It's really too soon to get serious__time works against Republicans, ask Herman Cain.
SapphireBlue

Orlando, FL

#864655 Feb 26, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
All the polls indicate the GOP is the problem on this issue.
Defending the rich may be fun on this forum, but has not served the republicans well at the ballot box.
Why, of course, the GOP is the problem. They are the ones passing one bill after another in the House to avoid sequestration and reforms.

Doesn't matter if they are the opposition and must be destroyed.

Lie...cheat...steal...whatever . Haven't said that in a while.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#864656 Feb 26, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Hah, most North Koreans have never seen an American of any size or color__Rodman might scare the sht out of them.
It's for HBO films, guessing basketball will be the topic.
Kim Jung Un's older brother is an Eric Clapton fan and attends many of his concerts.
Some things never change!
Lets just hope he is in pink hair and drag, a real brother, a role model of his race.

Since: May 11

Loysville, PA

#864657 Feb 26, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
No, because the March spending @$95 never occurred.
When dumbass Dave's wife goes shopping and buys a $100 dress for $50, Dave thinks he has earned $50.
If the dress was needed for a special occasion like a business function then yes, I would have saved $50.00.

Next month's or next year's federal spending has not yet occurred, so we can't cut spending at all?

If federal expenditures for current programs & functions would be $200 billion more next year than the current cost, and that number is reduced to 100 billion more, then 100 billion in spending would be cut.
SapphireBlue

Orlando, FL

#864658 Feb 26, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
I know! Who the eff cares about Head Start and Special Ed kids? And let the old people feed themselves instead of having Meals on Wheels. They should cut the Coast Guard as well; then all the Haitians and Cubans, will have a race on who can get here faster, also the drug dealers! Hurraah, they're all crossing their fingers.
(You know damn well that the Republicans are going to cave, this is just ball busting)
In 2010, the Obama administration released a long-overdue first grade evaluation of the federal Head Start program.

The evaluation which was mandated by Congress during the 1998 reauthorization of the program found little impact on student well-being. After collecting data on more than 5,000 three and four-year-old children randomly assigned to either a Head Start or a non Head Start control group, the Department of Health and Human Services found “few sustained benefits”. From the report:

"In sum, this report finds that providing access to Head Start has benefits for both 3-year-olds and 4-year-olds in the cognitive, health, and parenting domains, and for 3-year-olds in the social-emotional domain. However, the benefits of access to Head Start at age four are largely absent by 1st grade for the program population as a whole. For 3-year-olds, there are few sustained benefits, although access to the program may lead to improved parent-child relationships through 1st grade…"

Obama should know this first-hand. So why is he is still touting it in light of his own administration's report?
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#864659 Feb 26, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>The R's still have Jeb (the smart one) wandering around in the wings but "smart" is relative isn't it?
Jeb is smarter than W__well Sarah Palin is also smarter than W and she's a fkn imbecile.
Christie can compete against the Dems as can Huntsman but those are about the only two R's that come to mind presently.
It's really too soon to get serious__time works against Republicans, ask Herman Cain.
LOL.. smart? Belief follows your intention. For a fact you Realtime have no fear of perfection, you'll never reach it.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#864660 Feb 26, 2013
Homer 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>As a lifelong PA resident Galt speaks fluent hillbilly.
9 people thought this was racy
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#864661 Feb 26, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
If the dress was needed for a special occasion like a business function then yes, I would have saved $50.00.
Next month's or next year's federal spending has not yet occurred, so we can't cut spending at all?
If federal expenditures for current programs & functions would be $200 billion more next year than the current cost, and that number is reduced to 100 billion more, then 100 billion in spending would be cut.
15,173 Posts and still counting.. If you spent less time bitching about life, you'd possibly enjoy it more.
SapphireBlue

Orlando, FL

#864662 Feb 26, 2013
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>Proves just how progressive conservatism has been since Ronald Reagan & Bruce Bartlett tenure in the whitehouse and how conservatism as an ideaology has evolved and all you got do is look at GW Bush as a comparision who was really a modern liberal and labeled conservatism as Compassionate Conservatism which is nothing more than Modern Liberalism and those beliefs are more common & found on the East & West Coast States.
Compassionate Conservatism
Properly understood
Jan 14, 2013, Vol. 18, No. 17
By GERTRUDE HIMMELFARB
Defeat, like death, concentrates the mind wonderfully. It also liberates the mind. People venture to think the unthinkable, or at least, the impermissible. A new generation of conservatives may be moved to reconsider some ideas that have fallen into disuse or even disrepute. Compassion is one such idea.
Shortly after the election, Paul Ryan, addressing the Kemp Foundation, took the measure of the situation in which conservatives now find themselves. In the course of his remarks, he uttered the word “compassion” or “compassionate” five times, by my count&#8203;—&#8203;in a favorable sense. This is all the more striking because American conservatives have not always been comfortable with that word, regarding it as a vapid sentimentalism that has no place in politics, let alone economics. President Bush’s adoption, in his first term, of a policy of “compassionate conservatism” confirmed them in that suspicion, for that policy soon degenerated into what conservatives themselves derided as a “politics of compassion,” which consisted of yet another round of programs conceived and financed by the government and farmed out to “faith-based”(a euphemism for “religious”) institutions. This was all too reminiscent of the “great society”(again,“society” a euphemism for “state”) inaugurated by President Johnson, which set in motion the vast expansion of the welfare state.(That term too has fallen into disuse, the present entitlements going well beyond the “welfare” designed for the relief of the poor.)
http://www.weeklystandard.com/articles/compas...
Compassionate conservatism is a political philosophy that stresses using traditionally conservative techniques and concepts in order to improve the general welfare of society.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compassionate_co...
How many millions have been thrown at the War on Poverty since the Johnson administration? And how many more are in poverty now including during the Obama administration?

Realtime can do the math. He doesn't like me doing it.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#864663 Feb 26, 2013
SapphireBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
In 2010, the Obama administration released a long-overdue first grade evaluation of the federal Head Start program.
The evaluation which was mandated by Congress during the 1998 reauthorization of the program found little impact on student well-being. After collecting data on more than 5,000 three and four-year-old children randomly assigned to either a Head Start or a non Head Start control group, the Department of Health and Human Services found “few sustained benefits”. From the report:
"In sum, this report finds that providing access to Head Start has benefits for both 3-year-olds and 4-year-olds in the cognitive, health, and parenting domains, and for 3-year-olds in the social-emotional domain. However, the benefits of access to Head Start at age four are largely absent by 1st grade for the program population as a whole. For 3-year-olds, there are few sustained benefits, although access to the program may lead to improved parent-child relationships through 1st grade…"
Obama should know this first-hand. So why is he is still touting it in light of his own administration's report?
Let those Headstart Kids starve, who cares? Same with the Meals on Wheels; let the old folks starve too. Cull the herd, so to speak. Right?
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#864664 Feb 26, 2013
Homer 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>As a lifelong PA resident Galt speaks fluent hillbilly.
Well, I gave you a funny but it didn't register, but I see you've achieved 3 - 10s, that's a sure winner on DWTS; but who the eff wants to dance with dbrider?
SapphireBlue

Orlando, FL

#864665 Feb 26, 2013
SapphireBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
In 2010, the Obama administration released a long-overdue first grade evaluation of the federal Head Start program.
The evaluation which was mandated by Congress during the 1998 reauthorization of the program found little impact on student well-being. After collecting data on more than 5,000 three and four-year-old children randomly assigned to either a Head Start or a non Head Start control group, the Department of Health and Human Services found “few sustained benefits”. From the report:
"In sum, this report finds that providing access to Head Start has benefits for both 3-year-olds and 4-year-olds in the cognitive, health, and parenting domains, and for 3-year-olds in the social-emotional domain. However, the benefits of access to Head Start at age four are largely absent by 1st grade for the program population as a whole. For 3-year-olds, there are few sustained benefits, although access to the program may lead to improved parent-child relationships through 1st grade…"
Obama should know this first-hand. So why is he is still touting it in light of his own administration's report?
That was too long.

In summary, the Department of Health and Human Services found “few sustained benefits” of the Head Start Program.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#864666 Feb 26, 2013
SapphireBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
How many millions have been thrown at the War on Poverty since the Johnson administration? And how many more are in poverty now including during the Obama administration?
Realtime can do the math. He doesn't like me doing it.
Let them die and restore the draft.

Since: Nov 11

United States

#864667 Feb 26, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>Obama is unwilling to cut any federal spending.

Teachers, police, and firemen are local government employees.

WTF?
He is a Liberals!!!

Liberals NEED middle class money to buy the poor lazy ghetto liberal's votes.

Since: Nov 09

Pharr, TX

#864668 Feb 26, 2013
VeryNotSurpriZed wrote:
<quoted text> Not Surprized! ROTFLMAO!
Would one of the 10 people that thought this dumbass post was brilliant and funny please explain why?
Or, waxturd, no matter how many brilliant judge-its you give yourself, you're still a pathetic mentally ill moron, get some help.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#864669 Feb 26, 2013
Rep. Scott Rigell (R-VA) said Tuesday aboard Air Force One that he appreciated President Obama's offer to join him in Virginia, where the President is expected to discuss the impact of the sequester in the state.

"As a businessman and public servant, I believe it's so important for us to communicate with one another," Rigell said, according to a White House pool report. Rigell added that joining Obama was a "unique opportunity" to speak to the Commander in Chief, given that Virginia stands to be hit particularly hard by the looming automatic spending cuts. About 90,000 Defense Department employees could be furloughed as a result of the sequester.

http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/g...
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#864670 Feb 26, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Hah, most North Koreans have never seen an American of any size or color__Rodman might scare the sht out of them.
It's for HBO films, guessing basketball will be the topic.
Kim Jung Un's older brother is an Eric Clapton fan and attends many of his concerts.
Some things never change!
I'm sure they'll find him fascinating. Those Korean women love black men.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 6 min woodtick57 194,620
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 7 min jimi-yank 54,327
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 34 min Mister Tonka 100,285
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 53 min scirocco 70,147
Truly evil folks 3 hr Concern Citizen 5
News Four Dead in Bridgeview Head-On Collision (Jul '14) 3 hr MyNameIsToby 75
Chicago One Direction concert on the 23rd! 5 hr Tristascottcom 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages