Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#863496 Feb 24, 2013
Taxpayer wrote:
<quoted text>
No they do not.DA. Typical communist minded thinking to support a fascist leader, that wants to use the military to disarm and kill Americans.
The Secret History of Guns

The Ku Klux Klan, Ronald Reagan, and, for most of its history, the NRA all worked to control guns. The Founding Fathers? They required gun ownership—and regulated it. And no group has more fiercely advocated the right to bear loaded weapons in public than the Black Panthers—the true pioneers of the modern pro-gun movement.

http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#863498 Feb 24, 2013
RUSH10ME wrote:
<quoted text>Black panthers ,what a joke .
not according to Reagan.

and a whole group of FOXbots who seemed to be scared of a black person with a nightstick.

Judged:

12

11

11

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#863499 Feb 24, 2013
OldRaider wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is the list of lies that the Bush/Cheney team fed Pelosi, Kerry and Clinton:
1. The war will pay for itself.
2. The war will last only 18 months.
3. The aluminum tubes Saddam tried to buy are used to make a nuclear bomb.
4. Saddam has a stockpile of weapons of mass destruction.
5. Iraq has a mobile biological weapons lab.
6. Saddam tried to buy uranium from Africa.
7. Iraq had contacts with al-qaeda to aid in 9-11.
8. We will be welcomed as liberators.
Democrats made the mistake of believing these lies and supported their country when they felt it was threatened. The people that told those lies are COMPLETELY responsible for the unprovoked and unpaid for war in Iraq.
You're saying most Democrats were gullible, clueless and impressionable. Your unwitting confession of incompetence explains why the country is in the condition it's in and why Obama is so idolized. You make excuses that Bush had total control, you were powerless, you were duped, it's ALL Bush's fault, he and he alone is responsible. Yet when it comes to Obama, he's not culpable for ANYTHING, he's a victim, he's 'doing the best he can', the task is too great. You idiots are pitiful.

Judged:

12

11

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#863500 Feb 24, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
The Secret History of Guns
The Ku Klux Klan, Ronald Reagan, and, for most of its history, the NRA all worked to control guns. The Founding Fathers? They required gun ownership—and regulated it. And no group has more fiercely advocated the right to bear loaded weapons in public than the Black Panthers—the true pioneers of the modern pro-gun movement.
http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2...
FdR was a racist and supported the KKK. You need a history lesson.

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#863501 Feb 24, 2013
For Real wrote:
<quoted text> you've got nothing left dumbfkk but to deal with them, take it like a man or get in drag.
You obviously enjoy having things crammed down your throat and jammed up your ass, I don't.
RUSH10ME

Mathews, VA

#863502 Feb 24, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
not according to Reagan.
and a whole group of FOXbots who seemed to be scared of a black person with a nightstick.
Whats a night stick and how is it different from a day stick??
RUSH10ME

Mathews, VA

#863503 Feb 24, 2013
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
You obviously enjoy having things crammed down your throat and jammed up your ass, I don't.
The gay community is proud to have one of their own in the whitehouse .

Judged:

14

14

14

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#863504 Feb 24, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>FdR was a racist and supported the KKK. You need a history lesson.
we know why you right wingers don't like FDR....

There will be—there are—many false issues. In that respect, this will be no different from other campaigns. Partisans, not willing to face realities, will drag out red herrings as they have always done—to divert attention from the trail of their own weaknesses. This practice is as old as our democracy. Avoiding the facts — fearful of the truth — a malicious opposition charged that George Washington planned to make himself king under a British form of government; that Thomas Jefferson planned to set up a guillotine under a French Revolutionary form of government...They called Abraham Lincoln a Roman Emperor...Woodrow Wilson a self-constituted Messiah.

http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php...

as he describes today's tea party.

Judged:

14

14

14

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#863505 Feb 24, 2013
RUSH10ME wrote:
<quoted text>Whats a night stick and how is it different from a day stick??
not sure.

though your question does bear examining within the aspect of: would FOXbots still be afraid of the black guy if he was carrying a white stick?

Judged:

13

13

13

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
TIGE

Waterbury, CT

#863506 Feb 24, 2013
obama blames his sh*tty presidency on his republican buddies what kind of president is this nothing but excuses he sucks ad then plays golf while the people suffer
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#863507 Feb 24, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
we know why you right wingers don't like FDR....
There will be—there are—many false issues. In that respect, this will be no different from other campaigns. Partisans, not willing to face realities, will drag out red herrings as they have always done—to divert attention from the trail of their own weaknesses. This practice is as old as our democracy. Avoiding the facts — fearful of the truth — a malicious opposition charged that George Washington planned to make himself king under a British form of government; that Thomas Jefferson planned to set up a guillotine under a French Revolutionary form of government...They called Abraham Lincoln a Roman Emperor...Woodrow Wilson a self-constituted Messiah.
http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php...
as he describes today's tea party.
YOU still have not told us why the inner city ghettos and projects of modern America are 'Blue Magnets' of poverty and killings for blacks? How or why that happened?
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#863508 Feb 24, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
not sure.
though your question does bear examining within the aspect of: would FOXbots still be afraid of the black guy if he was carrying a white stick?
You can ban guns, box cutters, knifes, swords, scissors, sticks or stones. One will never disarm a deranged liberal.
TIGE

Waterbury, CT

#863509 Feb 24, 2013
the world is at war he has done nothing obamacare is full of holes and it will not splve the healthcare crisis he is a Public Relations front for big business , what happened to eating healthy michelle, beyonce got big contract from pepsi thats where it went fraud, popular doesnt mean good presidency

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#863510 Feb 24, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
we know why you right wingers don't like FDR....
There will be—there are—many false issues. In that respect, this will be no different from other campaigns. Partisans, not willing to face realities, will drag out red herrings as they have always done—to divert attention from the trail of their own weaknesses. This practice is as old as our democracy. Avoiding the facts — fearful of the truth — a malicious opposition charged that George Washington planned to make himself king under a British form of government; that Thomas Jefferson planned to set up a guillotine under a French Revolutionary form of government...They called Abraham Lincoln a Roman Emperor...Woodrow Wilson a self-constituted Messiah.
http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php...
as he describes today's tea party.
Todays Modern Left wingers would not like FDR & the Old Left either and why in the 1960's New Left as they wanted to be called abandoned the policies of the Old Left & FDR.

New Left

The New Left was a range of activists, educators, agitators and others in the 1960s and 1970s who focused their attention on marginal identities and, eventually, identity politics. They rejected involvement with the labor movement and Marxism's historical theory of class struggle. Abandoning the Marxist goals of educating the proletariat, the New Left turned to student activism as its reservoir of power.

In both the U.S. and Japan, the "New Left" was associated with the Hippie movement and college campus protest movements. The American New Left in particular opposed what it saw as the prevailing authority structures in society, which it termed "The Establishment", and those who rejected this authority became known as "anti-Establishment"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Left#United_...
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#863511 Feb 24, 2013
TIGE wrote:
obama blames his sh*tty presidency on his republican buddies what kind of president is this nothing but excuses he sucks ad then plays golf while the people suffer
95% of Obama followers are ignorant, the other 5% and Obama keep them that way.
TIGE

Waterbury, CT

#863512 Feb 24, 2013
He tries to convice us he is sooooo in love lololol he tries soo hard to convice us he is a manly man lolololol hahaha aaawww mr. president lololol we see your bloomers lolololhaha sweet spent valentines weekend with the boys aaawww how romantics true romance lololol love reggie your wife is having a midlife crisis lololo maybe the new hairstyle says what she hasnt gotten from the president in a long time banged lololol hahaha reggie will you go away and leave the womans husband alone lololol midlife crisis lololol haha
TSM

El Paso, TX

#863513 Feb 24, 2013
OldRaider wrote:
<quoted text>

Back then it was political suicide to speak out against the Iraq war because the propaganda machine created by Republicans labeled any descent as traitorous.
OldRaider what,‘Political Suicide ‘to speak out against Iraq War…. How about John Kerry saying Americans troops terrorize woman in children in the middle of the Night, Dick Durbin comparing U.S. military base at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, to Nazis, Soviet gulags and Cambodia's Pol Pot, Murtha Accused U.S. Marines of "Cold Blooded Murder" Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid said Thursday the war in Iraq is "lost!! Liberals/Democrats are the architect of divisive campaigning during crisis!!

“It's always darkest 'fore dawn”

Since: Jul 08

When's dawn?

#863514 Feb 24, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
not sure.
though your question does bear examining within the aspect of: would FOXbots still be afraid of the black guy if he was carrying a white stick?
If he were carrying a white stick, they'd assume he was blind, and either try to rob him or accuse him of having planned the Trade Center basement bombings in league with Clinton.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#863515 Feb 24, 2013
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>Todays Modern Left wingers would not like FDR & the Old Left either and why in the 1960's New Left as they wanted to be called abandoned the policies of the Old Left & FDR.
New Left
The New Left was a range of activists, educators, agitators and others in the 1960s and 1970s who focused their attention on marginal identities and, eventually, identity politics. They rejected involvement with the labor movement and Marxism's historical theory of class struggle. Abandoning the Marxist goals of educating the proletariat, the New Left turned to student activism as its reservoir of power.
In both the U.S. and Japan, the "New Left" was associated with the Hippie movement and college campus protest movements. The American New Left in particular opposed what it saw as the prevailing authority structures in society, which it termed "The Establishment", and those who rejected this authority became known as "anti-Establishment"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Left#United_...
yes, i understand that the Old Left was conservative.

so when floriduh talks about the dems and the KKK she's talking about conservatives.

it's too bad black folks see the distinction.

Since: Nov 09

Pharr, TX

#863516 Feb 24, 2013
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>No not a cop out at all, you obivously dont understand the difference between Modern Conservatism & Modern Liberalism vs True or Classical Liberalism & Conservatism which where actually as one together where Modern Liberalism & Modern Conservation both reject True or Classical Liberalism & Conservatism & in favor of Progressivism which both modern conservatism & Liberalism favor change which are now more Ideaology vs Sociology.
Classical Liberalism vs. Modern Liberalism and Modern Conservatism
Modern liberalism is not completely collectivist; nor is it completely individualistic. It has elements of both doctrines. The same is true of conservatism. Neither view provides a coherent approach to politics, built up from first principles. Instead, they both reflect a process that is akin to picking items from a dinner menu. What is chosen is a matter of taste rather than a matter of thought. Just as people with similar tastes in food tend to frequent the same restaurants, people with the same tastes in politics tend to vote for the same candidates.
http://www.ncpa.org/pub/classical-liberalism-...
So what? Pragmatism trumps all your label chasing. You have a clear choice with the Democratic party, Classic or Modern. Democrats don't want government meddling in social issues or religion. They do want government to fairly regulate fiscal policy and to provide a safety net for the needy. Republicans are divided. Many are only interested in protecting their wealth. Other Republicans want to use government as a tool to force their religious and values on everyone.
You seem to be an etch-a-sketch Romney fence sitter.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 28 min in the end 50,065
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 28 min edogxxx 98,374
Abby 10-2 31 min edogxxx 1
Amy 10-2 32 min edogxxx 1
Rauner, Quinn clash on Obamacare expansion ahea... 1 hr Le Jimbo 1
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Earthling-1 47,074
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Rogue Scholar 05 178,618
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]