Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#863543 Feb 24, 2013
Take a big gulp, New York: Hizzoner is about to give you a pop.

Nanny Bloomberg unleashes his ban on large sodas on March 12 — and there are some nasty surprises lurking for hardworking families.

Say goodbye to that 2-liter bottle of Coke with your pizza delivery, pitchers of soft drinks at your kid’s birthday party and some bottle-service mixers at your favorite nightclub.

They’d violate Mayor Bloomberg’s new rules, which prohibit eateries from serving or selling sugary drinks in containers larger than 16 ounces.

Bloomberg’s soda smackdown follows his attacks on salt, sugar, trans fat, smoking and even baby formula.

LESS SODA, MORE DOUGH: If you order a pizza, you cannot get a large bottle of soda delivered with it. Already, Domino’s locations across the city are doing away with 1 and 2 liter bottles of soda, deliveryman Philippe Daniba says. They’ll sell smaller bottles instead — costing you more money and increasing plastic waste.

The city Health Department last week began sending brochures to businesses that would be affected by the latest ban, including restaurants, bars and any “food service” establishment subject to letter grades.

And merchants were shocked to see the broad sweep of the new rules.

“It’s not fair. If you’re gonna tell me what to do, it’s no good,” said Steve DiMaggio of Caruso’s in Cobble Hill, Brooklyn.“It’s gonna cost a lot more.”

And consumers, especially families, will soon see how the rules will affect their wallets — forcing them to pay higher unit prices for smaller bottles.

Typically, a pizzeria charges $3 for a 2-liter bottle of Coke. But under the ban, customers would have to buy six 12-ounce cans at a total cost of $7.50 to get an equivalent amount of soda.

“I really feel bad for the customers,” said Lupe Balbuena of World Pie in Carroll Gardens, Brooklyn.

Domino’s on First Avenue and 74th Street on the Upper East Side is doing away with its most popular drink sizes: the 20-ounce and 2-liter bottles.

“We’re getting in 16-ounce bottles — and that’s all we’re going to sell,” a worker said.

He said the smaller bottles will generate more revenue for the restaurant but cost consumers more.

It will also trash more plastic into the environment.
OBAMA THE BLACK SNAKE

Fayetteville, NC

#863544 Feb 24, 2013
Nearly every American immigrant like me came to this country because of the American dream.

For some, it meant coming to America penniless and making a billion dollars like George Soros. Stories like that abound, although they are less prevalent today than in the past. For others like me, the American Dream represented freedom from a life of servitude and fear, especially to those of us who came out of brutal dictatorships.

But regardless of the reason, American life has been renowned for being the freest in the world.

Just ponder the words on the Statue of Liberty:“Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free.”

Those words summarize the allure of American freedom and deliverance from discrimination and oppression. That is especially true for Christians who have paid a hefty price for their faith.

So imagine my amazement and horror when I read that an Obama mandate is forcing small business owners with Christian convictions to go against their beliefs or pay a fine that could destroy their businesses.

Many people are familiar with Hobby Lobby’s lawsuit to be freed from the enslavement of their conscience—the forced coverage of things like “the morning after pill” to their employees. But I’m also talking about hundreds of small businesses across the nation—businesses like American Pulverizer, which is owned by two brothers, Chris and Paul Griesedieck.

The Griesedieck’s business was founded by their great-grandfather 105 years ago. But now their American success story is being put to the test for survival. It’s not overseas or even local competition that is threatening them, however. It’s the U.S. government mandate to provide abortion-inducing pills—a demand that is in total contradiction to their faith.

The new health care law requires employers with more than 50 employees to provide that type of abortion coverage or pay an enormous fine.

People are stunned when I ask them:“Did you know that companies that don’t cover the abortion pills can face a fine of $100 per day per employee?” People think I’m making this stuff up. It’s too outlandish to believe.

But it’s all too true. For a company like the Griesedieck’s, that fine would equate to $5 million per year. More than enough to shut them down.

In a time when our president claims to want to bring companies back to the U.S. from overseas, this law is the height of insanity. It’s economic suicide.
TIGE

Waterbury, CT

#863545 Feb 24, 2013
Obama is more comfortable with the RACES he was RAISED WITH not the PEOPLE he looks like
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#863546 Feb 24, 2013
Thrilling race at Daytona...all the cars lined up in a row, with nobody trying to pass.
OBAMA THE BLACK SNAKE

Fayetteville, NC

#863547 Feb 24, 2013
The American Dream or Nightmare?

Michael Youssef
http://townhall.com/columnists/michaelyoussef...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#863548 Feb 24, 2013
OBAMA THE BLACK SNAKE wrote:
<quoted text>They do not have too,The
Black Snake and The Dem vipers have already done it for him!!!!
When paying customers are prevented from receiving care by the flood of moochers and illegal aliens, then the revolution will begin.

Since: Nov 09

Pharr, TX

#863550 Feb 24, 2013
OldRatface wrote:
<quoted text> You forgot to mention the name of the nursing home in which you reside.
Would one of the 20 people that thought this dumbass post was brilliant and funny please explain why?
Or, waxturd, no matter how many brilliant judge-its you give yourself, you're still a pathetic mentally ill moron, get some help.
p.s.
If this example doesn't convince you that waxturd is manipulating the judge-it system then you are dumber than him.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#863551 Feb 24, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
yes, i understand that the Old Left was conservative.
so when floriduh talks about the dems and the KKK she's talking about conservatives.
it's too bad black folks see the distinction.
the old left adopted and redefined Modern Liberalism which is no where close to True or Classical Liberalism.

What Is Classical Liberalism?

Prior to the 20th century, classical liberalism was the dominant political philosophy in the United States. It was the political philosophy of Thomas Jefferson and the signers of the Declaration of Independence and it permeates the Declaration of Independence, the Constitution, the Federalist Papers and many other documents produced by the people who created the American system of government. Many of the emancipationists who opposed slavery were essentially classical liberals, as were the suffragettes, who fought for equal rights for women.

http://www.ncpa.org/pub/what-is-classical-lib...
TIGE

Waterbury, CT

#863552 Feb 24, 2013
CBC had more face time with other presidents than obama they have no voice it shows what the democratic party is all about they have blacks under control just like the old days
OldRatface

Pompano Beach, FL

#863553 Feb 24, 2013
OldRaider wrote:
<quoted text>
Would one of the 20 people that thought this dumbass post was brilliant and funny please explain why?
Or, waxturd, no matter how many brilliant judge-its you give yourself, you're still a pathetic mentally ill moron, get some help.
p.s.
If this example doesn't convince you that waxturd is manipulating the judge-it system then you are dumber than him.
...than he... dumbazz... Not Surprized! ROTFLMAO!

Location hidden

#863554 Feb 24, 2013
OldRaider wrote:
<quoted text>
So what? Pragmatism trumps all your label chasing. You have a clear choice with the Democratic party, Classic or Modern. Democrats don't want government meddling in social issues or religion. They do want government to fairly regulate fiscal policy and to provide a safety net for the needy. Republicans are divided. Many are only interested in protecting their wealth. Other Republicans want to use government as a tool to force their religious and values on everyone.
You seem to be an etch-a-sketch Romney fence sitter.
BS what do you think Medicare, Social Security, FLSA, & Obamacare are Government Meddling in social & religion issues which Obamacare is proof of that by the Democrats and started with FDR who felt everything should be Centralized and Controlled by Washington DC just like Lenin did.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#863555 Feb 24, 2013
Bumper cars at Daytona!
TIGE

Waterbury, CT

#863557 Feb 24, 2013
The liberal alex baldwin calls obama supporter a C**n lolol haha Democrats and racism the norm lolol hahaha and blacks are in denial
GOPidiots

Hollywood, FL

#863558 Feb 24, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>The uni-bomber, cabin searched and found with Al Gore memorabilia. Bill Ayers a self-described communist liberal revolutionary that conducted a campaign of bombing public buildings.
You can ban guns, box cutters, knifes, swords, scissors, sticks or stones and fertilizer. You won't disarm a deranged liberal.
You are a very special kind of stupid liberal aren't you?
And you voted for Romney. GOP can't win a POTUS election .
Say who is stupid?

“It's always darkest 'fore dawn”

Since: Jul 08

When's dawn?

#863559 Feb 24, 2013
TIGE wrote:
The liberal alex baldwin calls obama supporter a C**n lolol haha Democrats and racism the norm lolol hahaha and blacks are in denial
It's Alec Baldwin--maybe you're stuck on Alex Trebek? He's Canadian, ya' know, aboot?
GOPidiots

Hollywood, FL

#863560 Feb 24, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
When paying customers are prevented from receiving care by the flood of moochers and illegal aliens, then the revolution will begin.
Remind us again, sexual deviant, what was your last prediction that come true?
Oh yeah, they never do.
GOPidiots

Hollywood, FL

#863561 Feb 24, 2013
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>BS what do you think Medicare, Social Security, FLSA, & Obamacare are Government Meddling in social & religion issues which Obamacare is proof of that by the Democrats and started with FDR who felt everything should be Centralized and Controlled by Washington DC just like Lenin did.
Best to leave the meddling up to the states...like Indiana for instance, mandating double vaginal probes
SoNotsurpriZedmo ron

Pompano Beach, FL

#863562 Feb 24, 2013
Not Surprized wrote:
I am still embedded in this thread like a dung beetle in a pile of shit.
#35660 HOW TO MANIPULATE THE TOPIX JUDGE ICONS
I wrote:
Anyone can log in with multiple renewal IP numbers and spamming the Topix Judge Icons for the replies to his post... Possibly... but doubtful.. running multiple copies of my browser, which will log in with multiple renewal IP numbers and spamming the Topix Judge Icons for the replies to the post... It can also be accomplished by using different browsers logged into the same thread with multple sessions... on the same internet connection... Every browser connection or session is an ip connection. If you bring up twenty browser sessions, you can judge the Icons 20 times... This Multiple Judging icon can accomplished by having 2 internet accounts in your home and acting as if you are 2 people judging the topix judge icons...{/QUOTE]
I wrote #35635 Jan 1, 2010
It can also be accomplished by using different browsers logged into the same thread... on the same internet connection... Every browser connection is an ip connection. If you bring up ten browser processes, you can judge the Icons 10 times...------- You can change ip numbers if you know how... You can also reset your internet modem box and it will DNS or resolve a new ip number... However that is not necessary. The way it works is to bring up multiple copies of your browser on the same thread and page and do the judging.. That's all that is required and wait depending on you network connection and topix server to record the vote and for the judging to take... I have done it and it can take up to 5 minutes on mine, maybe others different...
I also wrote: 35614 Jan 1, 2010 It can also be accomplished by using different browsers logged into the same thread... on the same internet connection... Every browser connection is an ip connection. Iy you bring up ten browser processes, you can judge the Icons 10 times...
Additionally, I wrote: 35621 Jan 1, 2010 You can change ip numbers if you know how... You can also reset your internet modem box and it will DNS or resolve a new ip number... However that is not necessary. The way it works is to bring up multiple copies of your browser on the same thread and page and do the judging.. That's all that is required and wait depending on you network connection and topix server to record the vote and for the judging to take... I have done it and it can take up to 5 minutes on mine, maybe others different... Try It! and SEE and judge my post here with multiple copies...
35659 Jan 1, 2010
I wrote: <quoted text> You got it. I am hip to this.
Not Surprized! ROTFLMAO!
DEMidiots

Pompano Beach, FL

#863563 Feb 24, 2013
GOPidiots wrote:
<quoted text>
And you voted for Romney. GOP can't win a POTUS election .
Say who is stupid?
For starters...you and Obama

Location hidden

#863564 Feb 24, 2013
GOPidiots wrote:
<quoted text>
Best to leave the meddling up to the states...like Indiana for instance, mandating double vaginal probes
does the 10th amendment ring a bell.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 13 min Learn to Read 182,146
laptop online shopping singapore 18 min Tan 1
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 26 min Earthling-1 49,345
Triple Word Game (Dec '11) 32 min boundary painter 968
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 42 min boundary painter 1,536
Word (Dec '08) 45 min boundary painter 4,794
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 57 min JOEL 71,263
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance