Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1234763 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#862788 Feb 22, 2013
Republicans in Washington insist that the government has a spending problem and that the best approach to the imminent sequestration is to impose cuts on programs, but a poll released Friday by Pew Research Center indicates that the public does not have their back.

The poll found that majorities would like the government to either increase funding or maintain current levels of funding for 18 of 19 government programs that were tested. The lone area wherein the public does not want funding increased or maintained is providing aid to needy areas throughout the world. Forty-eight percent believe that overseas aid for the world's destitute — a tiny fraction of the overall budget — should be decreased, while 21 percent said it should be increased and 28 percent said it should remain the same.

But fewer than 20 percent of respondents said that funding for the likes of Social Security, Medicare, roads and infrastructure, education and natural disaster relief should be decreased.

http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/p...

that's not going to change no matter how many minority right wing emails we have to wade through.

Judged:

11

11

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
LooTER SHooTER

United States

#862789 Feb 22, 2013
Remember the famou word of the most unqualified stupidest president in American History !....
Ahhhh? Ahh ? Ah? Ahh ? Umm? Ummmm? Ah? Ah? Ah ?
Aaaaaaa ? Aaaaa?
Famous words of BaaaLack CROWBAMA !
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#862790 Feb 22, 2013
Eman wrote:
"Vice President Biden’s suggestion this week that Americans could save themselves from a home invasion by firing warning shots into the air might land some people in jail.Some homeowners, that is, not their potential attackers.Depending on how imminent the danger is, firing a warning shot is a felony in at least some states."
So is brandishing__the states are all over the place regarding the Castle Doctrine making it impossible to generalize.

There is truth in what Biden said however as a shotgun definitely gets a persons attention, even the sound of a pump shotgun is enough to cause intruders to haul azz. Who can fergit Granny Clampett's old double barrel.

Judged:

11

11

11

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#862791 Feb 22, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
Republicans in Washington insist that the government has a spending problem and that the best approach to the imminent sequestration is to impose cuts on programs, but a poll released Friday by Pew Research Center indicates that the public does not have their back.
The poll found that majorities would like the government to either increase funding or maintain current levels of funding for 18 of 19 government programs that were tested. The lone area wherein the public does not want funding increased or maintained is providing aid to needy areas throughout the world. Forty-eight percent believe that overseas aid for the world's destitute — a tiny fraction of the overall budget — should be decreased, while 21 percent said it should be increased and 28 percent said it should remain the same.
But fewer than 20 percent of respondents said that funding for the likes of Social Security, Medicare, roads and infrastructure, education and natural disaster relief should be decreased.
http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/p...
that's not going to change no matter how many minority right wing emails we have to wade through.
Being challenged in life is inevitable, you being a deranged moron and spammer was not optional.

Judged:

11

10

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Democraps are stupid.”

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#862792 Feb 22, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Those who like massive tax increases that will cripple the economy will consider Obamacare a huge success.
Like the Obamaphone people.
The Obamaphone was a huge insult to taxpayers. A cellphone is not a necessity unless you have a business, and the ones that received those phones obviously don't have a business. Just another waste of tax dollars, and uncontrollable spending by Obama and his circle of clowns.
TSM

El Paso, TX

#862793 Feb 22, 2013
I can understand Obama approaching Sharpton about economic advice both are Shake Down artist!! Sharpton being a thug’ shakes down businesses’ while Obama shakes down Taxpayers/Corp America a marriage made in Haven!!

Judged:

11

10

9

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#862794 Feb 22, 2013
R.I.P. Kenneth "Kenny Clutch" Cherry, Jr.

Cherry's aunt, Pat Sims of Oakland, told the Oakland Tribune that her nephew was a kind soul.

"I can tell you this ... the world has lost a good man," Sims said. "I'm not saying he didn't have his faults, but he was very kind, especially to older people. Whatever happened in Vegas, I don't know about, but he was a very kind soul."

The newspaper reported that Cherry had several arrests in Oakland and Berkeley, many for gun charges. He was convicted on a gun charge in 2007, stemming from an arrest in Berkeley, sources told the Tribune, although details on that conviction weren't immediately available.

Judged:

11

11

11

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#862795 Feb 22, 2013
Raptors Revenge wrote:
<quoted text>The Obamaphone was a huge insult to taxpayers. A cellphone is not a necessity unless you have a business, and the ones that received those phones obviously don't have a business. Just another waste of tax dollars, and uncontrollable spending by Obama and his circle of clowns.
You are correct... The Obamaphone was a huge insult to taxpayers and national security. A cellphone is not a necessity unless one is a gang banger or a drug dealer. Definitely liberal.

Judged:

11

10

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Tamiqua LaMont Jones Says

New York, NY

#862796 Feb 22, 2013
TSM wrote:
Obama Gets Economic Advice from Sharpton ,why not they both probably have about the same IQ!!
and business experience. Al Sharpton is also a tax evader, maybe he's being offered a Cabinet post.
Jimmy

Newington, CT

#862797 Feb 22, 2013
OldRaider wrote:
<quoted text>
Say, did you see waxturd's comment on this? Here it is:
"Democrat and guns are a recipe for Mental illness and disaster. Definitely liberal." (post# 862704)
He doesn't think much of your new skeet range either. Pretty bad when a moron ally of yours calls you mentally ill.
I sure hope nobody had to depend on you for anything important that required accuracy. You keep trolling here and never make any sense. Do you honestly think anyone cares what you say or think?

This Waxturds fellow must have really got to you. The rest of us just see you as spam.

Judged:

11

11

11

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#862798 Feb 22, 2013
Raptors Revenge wrote:
<quoted text>The Obamaphone was a huge insult to taxpayers. A cellphone is not a necessity unless you have a business, and the ones that received those phones obviously don't have a business. Just another waste of tax dollars, and uncontrollable spending by Obama and his circle of clowns.
A cell phone is not a necessity for survival, period.

Judged:

11

10

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Homer 2016

East Stroudsburg, PA

#862799 Feb 22, 2013
Raptors Revenge wrote:
<quoted text>The Obamaphone was a huge insult to taxpayers. A cellphone is not a necessity unless you have a business, and the ones that received those phones obviously don't have a business. Just another waste of tax dollars, and uncontrollable spending by Obama and his circle of clowns.
It's actually a Bush phone as it was his administration that started giving cell phones away. Why not have your Republican House introduce a repeal this bill?

Judged:

11

11

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#862800 Feb 22, 2013
TSM wrote:
I can understand Obama approaching Sharpton about economic advice both are Shake Down artist!! Sharpton being a thug’ shakes down businesses’ while Obama shakes down Taxpayers/Corp America a marriage made in Haven!!
With friends like a racist Al Sharpton, on MSNBC espousing the government to have absolute control over people's lives, all good Marxist sheep believe their handler's propaganda.

Socialism: Liberals seem to have a very hard time distiguishing between the concepts of "giving" and "taking", therefore they call charitable acts of giving the same word they use to rationalize tyrannical acts of taking.

Judged:

11

10

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Homer 2016

East Stroudsburg, PA

#862801 Feb 22, 2013
Folks, please try and educate yourselves on the so-called Obamaphone. You will look less stupid when you post stuff.

Love,

Homer
Tamiqua LaMont Jones Says

New York, NY

#862802 Feb 22, 2013
Raptors Revenge wrote:
<quoted text>The Obamaphone was a huge insult to taxpayers. A cellphone is not a necessity unless you have a business, and the ones that received those phones obviously don't have a business. Just another waste of tax dollars, and uncontrollable spending by Obama and his circle of clowns.
where i be gittin one from? i needs to call the Head Start center to tell them I can't pick up my kids until after the stories is over.

'Free Obamaphones cost Taxpayers $2.2 billion
WASHINGTON - The U.S. government spent about $2.2 billion last year to provide phones to low-income Americans, but a Wall Street Journal review of the program shows that a large number of those who received the phones haven't proven they are eligible to receive them. Remember this Obamaphone lady?'

http://illinoisreview.typepad.com/illinoisrev...

and dey be checkin documents of illegals to give them a path to citizenship and dey be managin your healthcare too! lordy, what dey be thinkin?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#862803 Feb 22, 2013
Eman wrote:
"Vice President Biden’s suggestion this week that Americans could save themselves from a home invasion by firing warning shots into the air might land some people in jail.Some homeowners, that is, not their potential attackers.Depending on how imminent the danger is, firing a warning shot is a felony in at least some states."
Firing a warning shot into the air is illegal and completely irresponsible because you have no control over who might be hit by the bullet.

Joe Biden is a fool!

Judged:

10

10

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#862804 Feb 22, 2013
Homer 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>It's actually a Bush phone as it was his administration that started giving cell phones away. Why not have your Republican House introduce a repeal this bill?
Sounds like a good idea. Better idea would be rudimentary cell phones that could call only one number: 9-1-1. No reason to provide anything else.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#862805 Feb 22, 2013
Homer 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>It's actually a Bush phone as it was his administration that started giving cell phones away. Why not have your Republican House introduce a repeal this bill?
Why not have your Republican House introduce a repeal this bill? obama will never sign it.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#862806 Feb 22, 2013
John Galt wrote:
R.I.P. Kenneth "Kenny Clutch" Cherry, Jr.
Cherry's aunt, Pat Sims of Oakland, told the Oakland Tribune that her nephew was a kind soul.
"I can tell you this ... the world has lost a good man," Sims said. "I'm not saying he didn't have his faults, but he was very kind, especially to older people. Whatever happened in Vegas, I don't know about, but he was a very kind soul."
The newspaper reported that Cherry had several arrests in Oakland and Berkeley, many for gun charges. He was convicted on a gun charge in 2007, stemming from an arrest in Berkeley, sources told the Tribune, although details on that conviction weren't immediately available.
In Las Vegas he earned his money as a pimp providing young girls for old white fks like you. No word yet on the driver of the Range Rover with "dealer tags." Hah, LMAO, dealer tags.
Tamiqua LaMont Jones Says

New York, NY

#862807 Feb 22, 2013
Homer 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>It's actually a Bush phone as it was his administration that started giving cell phones away. Why not have your Republican House introduce a repeal this bill?
The program is called Lifeline, established in 1984 DURING THE JIMMY CARTER ADMINISTRATION, originally created to subsidize landline phone service for low income Americans, funded by government-collected telecommunication fees, paid by consumers.

In 2008, the program was expanded to support cell phones which quickly escalated the cost of the program. In 2008 the program cost $772 million, but by 2011 it cost $1.6 billion.

A 2011 audit found that 269,000 wireless Lifeline subscribers were receiving free phones and monthly service from two or more carriers. Several websites have been created to promote “free” government cell phones, including the”The Obama Cell Phone” website at Obamaphone.net .

http://washingtonexaminer.com/where-do-obama-...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 min Jacques Orleans 190,378
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 8 min Mothra 53,524
News Former U.S. House Speaker Hastert indicted on f... 42 min serfs up 12
Bored in Chicago? Here's A Thing To Do Today. 1 hr athingtodotoday 1
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 2 hr Dream Crystal 6,015
Song Titles Only (group/artist in parenthesis m... (Mar '10) 2 hr Dream Crystal 8,046
Word (Dec '08) 2 hr Dream Crystal 5,249
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]