Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1275472 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Tamiqua LaMont Jones Says

New York, NY

#862807 Feb 22, 2013
Homer 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>It's actually a Bush phone as it was his administration that started giving cell phones away. Why not have your Republican House introduce a repeal this bill?
The program is called Lifeline, established in 1984 DURING THE JIMMY CARTER ADMINISTRATION, originally created to subsidize landline phone service for low income Americans, funded by government-collected telecommunication fees, paid by consumers.

In 2008, the program was expanded to support cell phones which quickly escalated the cost of the program. In 2008 the program cost $772 million, but by 2011 it cost $1.6 billion.

A 2011 audit found that 269,000 wireless Lifeline subscribers were receiving free phones and monthly service from two or more carriers. Several websites have been created to promote “free” government cell phones, including the”The Obama Cell Phone” website at Obamaphone.net .

http://washingtonexaminer.com/where-do-obama-...
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#862808 Feb 22, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Firing a warning shot into the air is illegal and completely irresponsible because you have no control over who might be hit by the bullet.
Joe Biden is a fool!
Democrat and guns are a recipe for Mental illness and disaster.

Liberal Logic, Joe Biden: Buy a 12 gauge shotgun, not an assault rifle.. Fire the shotgun outside on a balconey. LOL..Yes, get a 'scatter' gun - shoot everyone with one shot. Definitely liberal.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#862809 Feb 22, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>In Las Vegas he earned his money as a pimp providing young girls for old white fks like you. No word yet on the driver of the Range Rover with "dealer tags." Hah, LMAO, dealer tags.
The folks who run Las Vegas dislike this kind of publicity.

Shooter(s) likely to end up dead.
Homer 2016

East Stroudsburg, PA

#862810 Feb 22, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like a good idea. Better idea would be rudimentary cell phones that could call only one number: 9-1-1. No reason to provide anything else.
I would be fine with that, I believe that was the initial intent of the bill. Has Obama himself changed the program in any way since becoming president?
Homer 2016

East Stroudsburg, PA

#862811 Feb 22, 2013
Tamiqua LaMont Jones Says wrote:
<quoted text>The program is called Lifeline, established in 1984 DURING THE JIMMY CARTER ADMINISTRATION, originally created to subsidize landline phone service for low income Americans, funded by government-collected telecommunication fees, paid by consumers.
In 2008, the program was expanded to support cell phones which quickly escalated the cost of the program. In 2008 the program cost $772 million, but by 2011 it cost $1.6 billion.
A 2011 audit found that 269,000 wireless Lifeline subscribers were receiving free phones and monthly service from two or more carriers. Several websites have been created to promote “free” government cell phones, including the”The Obama Cell Phone” website at Obamaphone.net .
http://washingtonexaminer.com/where-do-obama-...
Reagan was president in 1984. Well, there you go. 2008 Bush was president. Next.
Homer 2016

East Stroudsburg, PA

#862812 Feb 22, 2013
Folks, Homer begging now, please educate yourselves.

Love,

Homer
Homer 2016

East Stroudsburg, PA

#862813 Feb 22, 2013
Is it me or are the rightwingers exceptionally stupid today?

“Seriously Misguided Democrat”

Since: Oct 12

Chicago Thugtown

#862814 Feb 22, 2013
Homer 2016 wrote:
Folks, Homer begging now, please educate yourselves.
Love,
Homer
Translation:

Hmm...

Wonder why everyone is not indoctrinated like I am?

“We doing better...”

Since: Jul 08

we've got to do more

#862815 Feb 22, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
A cell phone is not a necessity for survival, period.
You old farts really crack me up...latest word on resumes is to not include a landline unless you want to announce to the prospective employer that you are over fifty. The government sponsored (started under Bush, I believe) cellphones are not given as SUPPLEMENTALS.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#862816 Feb 22, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
The folks who run Las Vegas dislike this kind of publicity.
Shooter(s) likely to end up dead.
You mean the Mormons?

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#862817 Feb 22, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Professor Cornel West: Obama Is A ‘War Criminal’ Like Nixon And Bush
http://www.mediaite.com/online/professor-corn...
So then you agree with him?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#862818 Feb 22, 2013
Homer 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>I would be fine with that, I believe that was the initial intent of the bill. Has Obama himself changed the program in any way since becoming president?
Other than passing the phones out like candy regardless of eligibility, maybe not.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#862819 Feb 22, 2013
Homer 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>Most murders are committed by friends/family so that 'intruder' might just be your brother, so always be packing and ready to shoot to kill on sight.
Are you telling us everyone in shitcago is related?

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#862820 Feb 22, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
Obama Meets With African American Leaders At The White House (PHOTO)
http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/o...
Limbaugh will go crazy. right after he complains about Obama ignoring black folks.
oh i know....it's photoshopped.
The WhiteHouse hired extra security, and used the cheap plates.
Homer 2016

East Stroudsburg, PA

#862821 Feb 22, 2013
Old Crazy Goober wrote:
<quoted text>
Translation:
Hmm...
Wonder why everyone is not indoctrinated like I am?
Indoctrinated with what? The truth is the truth, dont blame Homer if you cannot deal with the truth.
TSM

El Paso, TX

#862822 Feb 22, 2013
Tamiqua LaMont Jones Says wrote:
<quoted text>and business experience. Al Sharpton is also a tax evader, maybe he's being offered a Cabinet post.
Hey good point!! I think Obama thinking if’ Lew’ Fails to get Confirm as Secretary of Treasury Obama has his backup ‘Old Al’ so if Republicans challenges Sharpton on his Taxes that give them’ Liberals/Democrats’ the opportunity to Play the Race Card and that’s the Card they love to Play!!

“Democraps are stupid.”

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#862823 Feb 22, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
A cell phone is not a necessity for survival, period.
Agreed.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#862824 Feb 22, 2013
Homer 2016 wrote:
Is it me or are the rightwingers exceptionally stupid today?
Every day Homer, kinda like same sht new day.

It's like they recycle their fkn stupidity__Carol was great at that__she must have rolled out the Southern Democrat BS over a hundred times. My eyes started bleeding about halfway through the first sentence of her posts.

“We doing better...”

Since: Jul 08

we've got to do more

#862825 Feb 22, 2013
Homer 2016 wrote:
Folks, Homer begging now, please educate yourselves.
Love,
Homer
Simple lesson for the simple: New York Times = GOOD New York Post = BAD Washington Post = GOOD Washington Examiner = BAD Breitbart, Blaze, Twitchy = LUDICROUS sources.

“Democraps are stupid.”

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#862826 Feb 22, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>Democrat and guns are a recipe for Mental illness and disaster.
Liberal Logic, Joe Biden: Buy a 12 gauge shotgun, not an assault rifle.. Fire the shotgun outside on a balconey. LOL..Yes, get a 'scatter' gun - shoot everyone with one shot. Definitely liberal.
Liberal thinking is a social disease without a cure. Except for death.

Can't fix stupid.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 33 min IBdaMann 54,504
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 48 min forgotten memory 6,410
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr TRD 70,159
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Jacques Ottawa 196,974
Ask Amy 8-30-15 1 hr mrs gladys kravitz 2
News Prosser teacher charged in sexual assault of teen (Mar '07) 2 hr E Pina 16
abby 8-28-15 2 hr mrs gladys kravitz 5
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages