Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

Since: May 11

Loysville, PA

#862467 Feb 21, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
No it doesn't. Most americans pay their bills.
People working part time in a place that can't afford to offer real health insurance are going to be able to pay a $20,000 hospital bill.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#862468 Feb 21, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>You did indeed say rate__my bad.
A true moderate would have stopped there.
TSM

El Paso, TX

#862469 Feb 21, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Read what you wrote...slowly. Does that mushup make sense in Textardia? Better contruct some sort of grammar for the new language.
I have to admit I did it for You!! Thanks for keeping in Touch!!

Loysville, PA

#862470 Feb 21, 2013
marlowe44 wrote:
<quoted text>
There are already hundreds of pipelines criss crossing the country, operating safely, this new one will be fine, calm down.
You do realize that this stuff from Canada isn't really oil, right?

There has been over 60 pipeline failures in this country over the past ten years. Pipelines are likely the safest method of transporting oil & gas products. But they are not without problems.

Why risk it it so Canada can export? Canadians didn't.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#862471 Feb 21, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
People working part time in a place that can't afford to offer real health insurance are going to be able to pay a $20,000 hospital bill.
If they are responsible people, yes. Hospitals are very generous with payment plans. Also, your scenario is the exception, not the rule.

“obamabot livs”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#862472 Feb 21, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
There has been over 60 pipeline failures in this country over the past ten years. Pipelines are likely the safest method of transporting oil & gas products. But they are not without problems.
Hmmm, not really oil? What is it?

I'd say jobs would be one good reason to build it.

Jobs, that's what Obama says[now] he's concerned with, right?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“obamabot livs”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#862473 Feb 21, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Thousands die by automobiles, we don't ban them. I'm not in favor of pipeline leaks, but they are containable and whether you'll admit it or not, modern society runs on oil.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
RUSH10ME

Mathews, VA

#862474 Feb 21, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
A professional whiner like you would best spend your time crying about all the money wasted on inner city programs that fail perpetualy .
Jimmy

Newington, CT

#862475 Feb 21, 2013
For Real wrote:
<quoted text> OBAMA WILL BE YOUR PRESIDENT FOR THE NEXT 4 YEARS, DEAL WITH IT LOSER.
Correction dumbfk, he's your president. The country has never been more divided and before you pull out the race card, it's because his "policies" are destroying what makes America great for all.

We are dealing with it imbecile.

The country has never been so divided with your liar and so called "uniter". He sucks, big time, dumbfk.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#862476 Feb 21, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Read what you wrote...slowly. Does that mushup make sense in Textardia? Better contruct some sort of grammar for the new language.
I don't know whats more annoying, oldraider with the judgeits or your fake teacher routune.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Seriously Misguided Democrat”

Since: Oct 12

Chicago Thugtown

#862477 Feb 21, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know whats more annoying, oldraider with the judgeits or your fake teacher routune.
leosnana knows she is inferior intellectually so she tries to compensate by acting like she is perfect at grammar, etc. to boost herself up. WGAS? It doesn't help her.

Heck, I'm still trying to find my judgeits! They ran off with my ammo!
RUSH10ME

Mathews, VA

#862478 Feb 21, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
The fake teacher ,hands down .

“It's always darkest 'fore dawn”

Since: Jul 08

When's dawn?

#862479 Feb 21, 2013
TSM wrote:
<quoted text>
I have to admit I did it for You!! Thanks for keeping in Touch!!
Yeah, Pee Wee, I'm sure you "meant to do that!" OTOH, I haven't put you on my permanently ignore list...yet.
sonicfilter

Greentown, IN

#862480 Feb 21, 2013
Movement Conservatives Are Far Too Eager to Cheer On Their Politicians

Conor Friedersdorf pours scorn on Jim DeMintís apologia for Ted Cruz:

What a load of premature hype. The leaders of movement conservatism are constantly doing this: They decide on a champion, be it George W. Bush or Rick Perry or Marco Rubio or Ted Cruz, and extol their manifold virtues in the most absurdly exaggerated ways imaginable.

Conorís observation about bad movement conservative habits is correct. There is a tendency to build up new or obscure Republican politicians, invest them with all sorts of qualities that they may or may not possess, and turn them into minor cult figures. Then when the object of the cult comes under criticism for something he does or says, the common response is not to judge the criticism on the merits, but to rally around the cult figure and profess loyalty to him all the more for having endured the attacks. To put it mildly, this is not a healthy way to relate to political leaders. It encourages fawning admiration and blindness to politiciansí weaknesses, and that in turn undermines accountability and enables politicians to promote policies that even their own admirers may find undesirable. Movement conservatives are too eager to cheer on politicians from their own side and donít do nearly enough to hold them accountable. The praise that is being heaped on Cruz in recent weeks is one of the more annoying examples of this.

In this case, DeMintís defense of Cruz is worse than this because he pretends not to understand why Cruz is come under so much scrutiny so early in his first few months in office. The problem that most of his critics have with him isnít that he has become a reliable no vote on many pieces of legislation or even that he opposes the nominations Kerry and Hagel. I think opposing Hagelís nomination on the basis of hard-line ideological litmus tests is extremely foolish and mistaken, but Cruz is entitled to oppose any nominee he wants. It is the manifestly unscrupulous, dishonest manner in which he has chosen to oppose Hagel that grates on people.

If he had simply been asking ďpointed questions,Ē he wouldnít have been singled out for so much criticism because he would have been no different from his Republican colleagues. Instead, he chose to put forward false or misleading information about Hagel, accused him of believing things that he didnít believe by distorting evidence, and generally conducted himself as an obnoxious demagogue angling for the spotlight. Cruz may have promised to be uncompromising, but Iím reasonably sure he didnít promise to be dishonest. DeMintís argument is that Cruz should receive political benefits from his grandstanding but not have to pay any price for it.

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/lariso...
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#862481 Feb 21, 2013
leosnana wrote:
ect. ect.

Loysville, PA

#862482 Feb 21, 2013
marlowe44 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmm, not really oil? What is it?
I'd say jobs would be one good reason to build it.
Jobs, that's what Obama says[now] he's concerned with, right?
Bitumen.

Bitumen can't be pumped through pipelines unless it is diluted.

The hydrocarbons utilized to dilute this bitumen are proprietary and not known.

If there would be a leak in a river, these diluents would eventually evaporate & the bitumen would sink & likely flow along the bottoms of the river with sufficient current. In July of 2010, there was a spill in a river in Michigan. The EPA estimated it would take a 2 month cleanup like a similar oil spill, it took 2 1/2 years.

We also don't know how corrosive this diluted bitumen is. This corrosiveness is not only a concern for the pipelines but also the refineries.

So no, this is not the same as a shipment of number 2 fuel oil flowing through a pipeline.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#862483 Feb 21, 2013
RUSH10ME wrote:
<quoted text>How are my tax dollars taking care of that little bundle of revenue of yours and Ttreyshaun's??
You don't pay any taxes killer, stop lying. Most of you rightwingers on here are barely literate, let alone employable.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#862484 Feb 21, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>You did indeed say rate__my bad. Still it was just fun with numbers on your part for WVA came in way down the list in the "total" department.
During the Vietnam era many of West Virginia's "of age" young men could not score high enough on the AFQT to be considered for military service. Matter of fact, not just WVA but all areas served by VISTA, E. KY, SW. VA, NE. TN.
One had to be halfway literate to score a 59 on the AFQT.
So now tell us how many of the 58,000 plus dead were from West VA?
That just about sizes up the literacy rate of the goobers on here; just look where they're from
TSM

El Paso, TX

#862485 Feb 21, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, Pee Wee, I'm sure you "meant to do that!" OTOH, I haven't put you on my permanently ignore list...yet.
LeosnanaÖ Liberals are always Preaching about choice now Leo you have the choice to either respond or chose not to but whatís with the Anger?

Loysville, PA

#862486 Feb 21, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's see....
What would make more sense?
Building a pipeline across the highest mountains in Canada? Or, building a pipeline to the closest body of water to the oil sands across a flat plain where there are already the largest collection of refineries in the world located?
... hmmmmm. Now, that will take some time to make that decision.
You're a goddam idiot.
Now, tell us about those mythical subsidies to oil companies.
less than 900 miles to Vancouver.

Over 2200 miles to Houston.

I know its a shocker but they have a highway running across Canada. No sh*t. Right through those high mountains.

They are looking at this XL only because the Canadians told them no.

How many American farmers & ranchers could have their homesteads taken by Imminent Domain so the Canadians can sell they dirty pretend oil?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 20 min mdbuilder 49,204
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 30 min JOEL 71,023
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Rogue Scholar 05 181,831
New Beach Boys song. 4 hr The Beach Boys 1
Music Artists A to Z (Feb '14) 4 hr _Zoey_ 363
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 4 hr _Zoey_ 4,918
sex 7 hr rahul 1
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 9 hr Ralph 98,853
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 12:33 pm PST

NBC Sports12:33PM
1 thing even Rahm can't fix: Da Bears - NBC Sports
NBC Sports 1:01 PM
Cowboys' Murray listed as questionable for Colts - NBC Sports
NBC Sports 8:26 AM
Report: Executives suggest Bears could have to attach a draft pick to move Cutler
Bleacher Report11:56 AM
Eagles vs. Redskins: Live Score and Analysis for Philadelphia
Yahoo! Sports 5:54 PM
Eagles playoff hopes suffer with loss to Redskins