Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#861891 Feb 20, 2013
When Tiger Woods is your teammate, it's hard to lose. Still, President Obama has a pretty good game, according to the world's second-ranked golfer.

President Obama and Woods played golf over Presidents' Day weekend, and Woods divulged on Tuesday that they teamed up to beat the other players in their foursome, U.S. Trade Representative Ron Kirk and Houston Astros owner Jim Crane.

Asked how one gets an invitation to play with the president, Woods joked, "He calls up and says,'Hey Tiger you wanna play?'

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/OTUS/tiger-woo...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
sonicfilter

Greentown, IN

#861892 Feb 20, 2013
How Breitbart.com turned ‘Friends of Hamas’ joke into a right-wing firestorm

As the facts of the story spread, many are having a laugh at the expense of Shapiro and the right-wing media outlets that ran with the story. A satirical Friends of Hamas website was erected by Gawker’s Max Read, featuring Shapiro’s face, dancing images of anime characters and the slogan,“LOL nothing matters.”

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/02/20/how-bre...

and you'd think they couldn't dig the hole any deeper.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
RUSH10ME

Lawrenceville, VA

#861893 Feb 20, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL! Classic! Hey Jefro; tell us "wich thangs the white trash hillbillies is good at, ect. ect"
Taking trash like you and outcasting them and making them "settle" for something a little further down the truogh , once you go black you can never ever come back .

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
UNCLE THOMAS

Bronx, NY

#861895 Feb 20, 2013
Inequality and American Democracy
In his State of the Union address on Tuesday, President Obama began by declaring that economic recovery was well underway.“Together, we have cleared away the rubble of crisis,” he said,“and can say with renewed confidence that the state of our union is strong.”

The latest data on social inequality in the United States, released late last month, provide greater clarity as to what precisely this statement signifies. For Obama and the political establishment as a whole, the main indices of “crisis” are the stock markets, and with them the wealth of the corporate and financial elite.

According to data brought together by University of California’s Emmanuel Saez, between 2009 and 2011—the first two years of the “recovery”—average real income per family grew by 1.7 percent. However, Saez notes,“Top 1 percent incomes grew by 11.2 percent while bottom 99 percent incomes shrunk by 0.4 percent. Hence, the top 1 percent captured 121 percent of the income gains in the first two years of the recovery.”

That is to say, the top one percent actually swallowed all of the total income growth during these two years, plus an additional 20 percent. What these figures demonstrate is a massive transfer of wealth, an infusion of funds into the financial markets at the expense of the majority of the population, the working class.

Saez adds,“In 2012, top 1 percent income will likely surge, due to booming stock-prices, as well as re-timing of income to avoid the higher 2013 top tax rates. Bottom 99 percent will likely grow much more modestly than top 1 percent incomes from 2011 to 2012. This suggests that the Great Recession has only depressed top income shares temporarily and will not undo any of the dramatic increase in top income shares that has taken place since the 1970s.”

WELL WE KNOW ZERO JOB GROWTH IN THE URBAN COMMUNITY DID INCOMES IN THE URBAN COMMUNITY GO UP FOR THE DEVOTED NO IT DID NOT URBAN DEMOCRAT. THAT FINAL WAVE FROM THE STEPS OF AIRFORCE ONE IS COMMING WHAT DID YOU GAIN URBAN DEMOCRATS
sonicfilter

Greentown, IN

#861896 Feb 20, 2013
Breitbart.com , "Friends Of Hamas," And Enemies Of Accountability

Indeed, Shapiro is still asserting his own accuracy and demanding that Hagel release records proving that he has no links to "Friends of Hamas" -- a group that is not real:

http://mediamatters.org/blog/2013/02/20/breit...

Insisting upon unfailing accuracy from the rest of the media is fine, so long as you hold yourself to those same standards. But Breitbart.com has no interest in following their own rules, or getting the story right.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#861897 Feb 20, 2013
RUSH10ME wrote:
<quoted text>Taking trash like you and outcasting them and making them "settle" for something a little further down the truogh , once you go black you can never ever come back .
truogh!!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
RUSH10ME

Lawrenceville, VA

#861899 Feb 20, 2013
<quoted text>
LOL! Classic! Hey Jefro; tell us "wich thangs the white trash hillbillies is good at, ect. ect"
Can you dispute what I posted , truth hurts don't it .

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
TSM

El Paso, TX

#861900 Feb 20, 2013
Detroit $14 billion in the hole, California , Chicago, what’s the common thread among these states , Run by Liberals, what’s the message we should take from these Bankrupt States…that Redistribution/Liberalism doesn’t Work!!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“It's always darkest 'fore dawn”

Since: Jul 08

When's dawn?

#861901 Feb 20, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> I don't have a confederate flag I have a WV flag which was for the north by the way.
If the free market thought it was a good idea they would be thicker than fleas on a shaggy dog. When the product is right the market will respond. Till then it's a waste of money.
"WV flag was for the north"??? What is your first language? The Illiterish dialect of Retardian? Did your junior high actually let you graduate? You might have a lawsuit there.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
UNCLE THOMAS

Bronx, NY

#861902 Feb 20, 2013
IF NOT FOR TOPIX THE COMMON URBAN DEMOCRAT WOULD HAVE NO VOICE AFTER THEY WERE USED DURING THE ELECTIONS, BECAUSE THEY HAVE NO USE AFTER ELECTIONS thats the look of things URBAN REAGAN HANGS OUT WITH MORE GOP THAN HE DOES WITH THE CBC

Since: May 11

Loysville, PA

#861903 Feb 20, 2013
flack wrote:
'No, I will veto any bill that tries to stop the sequester' One year ago. President Obama.
Nice try Flacktard.

The President was referring the deal he made with the Republicans regarding the sequester.

Not Obama's sequester. The deal that Republicans made with Obama.

Obama threatened to veto the bill if the sequester was not included because he wanted spending cuts to happen.

The sequester was designed to be so horrible that it would force Congress to act to reduce spending in other ways.

So here we Flacktard dissing Obama because he wanted spending cuts.

After years of GD Flack running in circles crying about the spending. " OMG OMG OMG the spending the spending"

What the f*ck is wrong with you Flack. Are you really this GD dumb.

Obama can not do anything to stop the sequester until Congress passes something.

Right now, Republicans think they can blame Obama if the sequester happens. They are making that wager on the livelihoods of millions of Americans.

This has become the Republican Party. The Party of Stupid.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#861905 Feb 20, 2013
High Gas Prices Endangers Dems

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Loysville, PA

#861907 Feb 20, 2013
WASHINGTON -- Former Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr.(D-Ill.) pleaded guilty in a federal courtroom Wednesday morning to using campaign funds to purchase an array of personal items including Bruce Lee memorabilia, a $43,000 Rolex watch and a mink cashmere cape.
He pleaded guilty to conspiracy before U.S. District Judge Robert L. Wilkins. His wife, Sandra Jackson, who resigned from her position on Chicago’s city council, is expected to plead guilty to filing false tax returns before the same judge on Wednesday afternoon.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/20/jess...
What a moron.

He should have spoke with Newt on how to do it legally.

Newt sold the right to use his Rolodex to his campaign for $30,000.00.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Nj raider 1

United States

#861909 Feb 20, 2013
proud2bwhite wrote:
<quoted text> well your facts are at best theroy unproven and historicly false.but I realy have no problem with anyone being proud of their race and their heritage,the problem I see is your claim of supremacy.
You call it theory because some university hasn't done a statistical analysis on the matter. The problem with that is, you were born with eyes. You don't need some university nerds to tell you what your eyes can see. When I say statistics, I mean do your own analysis & I'm quite sure you'll come to the same concussion as the majority of Americans. Like your promote pride of ones race. It's not the same as claiming supremacy. You've never heard me say black people were supreme in comparison to white people or any other race. We were talking about talent & I simply stated the obvious, but someone of an inferiority vantage point would either call me racist or simply deny the facts & lash out. Either reaction only confirms my assertion.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
UNCLE THOMAS

Bronx, NY

#861910 Feb 20, 2013
URBAN REAGAN SAYS TO URBAN FIRST LADY REGGIES LOVE IS THE BEST LOVE I JUST CAN'T HELP MYSELF VALENTINES WEEKEND I MUST PLAY GET THE BALL IN THE HOLE WITH REGGIE LOVE lololol TIGER WOULD KEEP THE STORY AWAY FROM REGGIE lololol I LOVE ME SOME REGGIE lolol BROWN SUGA not that brown suga syrup

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#861915 Feb 20, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice try Flacktard.
The President was referring the deal he made with the Republicans regarding the sequester.
Not Obama's sequester. The deal that Republicans made with Obama.
Obama threatened to veto the bill if the sequester was not included because he wanted spending cuts to happen.
The sequester was designed to be so horrible that it would force Congress to act to reduce spending in other ways.
So here we Flacktard dissing Obama because he wanted spending cuts.
After years of GD Flack running in circles crying about the spending. " OMG OMG OMG the spending the spending"
What the f*ck is wrong with you Flack. Are you really this GD dumb.
Obama can not do anything to stop the sequester until Congress passes something.
Right now, Republicans think they can blame Obama if the sequester happens. They are making that wager on the livelihoods of millions of Americans.
This has become the Republican Party. The Party of Stupid.
I didn't say I was against it. I just quoted Obama. By the way there are no spending cuts!!! There is only a cut in the increase in spending!!!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
RUSH10ME

Lawrenceville, VA

#861916 Feb 20, 2013
<quoted text>
truogh!!
Want to go back and spell check NJs posts , you still can't refute the facts , race traitor .

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#861917 Feb 20, 2013
Homer 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>You definitely do a good job of representing the Republican base.
And you never make physically demeaning jokes about Republicans and/or attack their religion?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Nj raider 1

United States

#861918 Feb 20, 2013
RUSH10ME wrote:
<quoted text> The things in wich blacks are #1
murder of other blacks
out of wedlock births
spreading of AIDs
spreading of STDs
teenage pregnancys
single parent house holds
prison population
high school drop outs
ect . ect.
This is the definition of pure ignorance! While its true the black culture has it's flaws, dummy you named a few flaws of the white culture & did'nt even know it, but i'll allow you remain blind & ignorant. Symbolic to a sleeping family in a burning house, can't save them all! You just happen to be 1 of thee casualties!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Loysville, PA

#861920 Feb 20, 2013
flack wrote:
During the Jurassic period the CO2 level was 4 times it's current level.
Was that when cavemen were riding dinosaurs.

What kind of climate was there?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Word (Dec '08) 30 min andet1987 4,717
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Frank 178,058
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr TRD 68,490
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr gcaveman1 46,675
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) 1 hr Blwlgo 1,928
IL Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in I... (Oct '10) 2 hr Weneedchange 154
Amy 9-18 2 hr PEllen 26
Amy 9-16 8 hr ralph 58
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 9 hr billyh 98,228
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE