Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#861805 Feb 20, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> Exporting hundreds of billions of dollars for oil has to hurt yet you Flactards don't want to back higher mileage vehicles, hybrids, electric or CNG vehicles. You just want to cruise the streets in your jacked up 4x4 with the Confederate flag in the back window.
Fuel-efficient vehicles are great, have them myself.

Electric cars are useless until they solve range problems.

CNG offers much more promise.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Homer 2016

Bethlehem, PA

#861806 Feb 20, 2013
Homer 2016 wrote:
So I'm thinking back on the Bush years and for the life of me I cannot think of a single thing he did right, can anyone help me out here?
I've started a list, feel free to fill in:
Let me know if you need more numbers.
Obama's accomplishments for the last 4 years are well documented.
Ok, I'll start, but the issue is even stuff that he may have started out with good intentions he managed to phuck up.

1. The initial invasion of Afghanistan to take out the Taliban and go after Bin Laden and the rest of Al Queda.

Failed to raise taxes to pay for the war and also to convince the American people we all had a stake in this. Subsequently turn his attention away from Afghanistan and focused his efforts on starting the war with Iraq.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Jimmy

Newington, CT

#861807 Feb 20, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
I would much rather have a conversation with a person that said "f*ck" that a bigot, racist lying person like you.
Dumb Dave -

The race card is soooo old and overplayed by you morons on the far side. Since about 31% of the people identify themselves as Democrats, that means to a Moonbat like you that 69% of Americans are tacists. You are so lame.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Jimmy

Newington, CT

#861808 Feb 20, 2013
Homer 2016 wrote:
Flack probably underinflates his tires too - "I'll show them!"
I can see you going around and letting the air out of peoples tires. Ever done that, zero?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#861809 Feb 20, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Murrieta CA is adjacent to Temecula___a coincidence perhaps?
And Lake Elsinore, supposed home of Gooseshit, it next to Murrieta.

So what?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#861810 Feb 20, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
The sequester is about the size of the money pissed away on Sandy relief.
Big deal.
Live with it.
It's like what $85 billion dollars a year? Hell Ben prints that much money in a month.$85 billion a year is a rounding error.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Jimmy

Newington, CT

#861811 Feb 20, 2013
Homer 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>Ok, I'll start, but the issue is even stuff that he may have started out with good intentions he managed to phuck up.
1. The initial invasion of Afghanistan to take out the Taliban and go after Bin Laden and the rest of Al Queda.
Failed to raise taxes to pay for the war and also to convince the American people we all had a stake in this. Subsequently turn his attention away from Afghanistan and focused his efforts on starting the war with Iraq.
Nobody cares Boner. Dumb libtard, why don't you try and think of a single thing "you" ever did that helped society, sponge boy.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Homer 2016

Bethlehem, PA

#861812 Feb 20, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Fuel-efficient vehicles are great, have them myself.
Electric cars are useless until they solve range problems.
CNG offers much more promise.
80% of the U.S. population lives in an urban area, range not really that much of an issue. You can still keep your hybrid suv for your occasional forays into the Poconos.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Jimmy

Newington, CT

#861813 Feb 20, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
And Lake Elsinore, supposed home of Gooseshit, it next to Murrieta.
So what?
and then there is Bumpass, VA! I noticed the sockpuppetier Ghost stopped posting from there.

Baawwwaahhhh!!!!!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#861814 Feb 20, 2013
Homer 2016 wrote:
Now that the photo ops are done with does anything really think Bush is still out there clearing brush?
Naaah, he's taken to painting nudes of himself in the shower and bathtub instead.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#861815 Feb 20, 2013
Homer 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>Galt is usually pretty subtle about his racism but I guess every once in awhile he just can't keep it bottled up inside and has to lash out so that could be him.
Took a glance at the posts from last night; the kkkers were having a powow, Galt included

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#861816 Feb 20, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> Exporting hundreds of billions of dollars for oil has to hurt yet you Flactards don't want to back higher mileage vehicles, hybrids, electric or CNG vehicles. You just want to cruise the streets in your jacked up 4x4 with the Confederate flag in the back window.
I don't have a confederate flag I have a WV flag which was for the north by the way.

If the free market thought it was a good idea they would be thicker than fleas on a shaggy dog. When the product is right the market will respond. Till then it's a waste of money.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
sonicfilter

Greentown, IN

#861817 Feb 20, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Winning with a RINO isn't worth the effort.
while losing without is worth the effort?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#861818 Feb 20, 2013
Homer 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>And his gun rack, don't forget that, while the temperature in his house is set to 72 degrees while he is out cruising for the day.
74 Topical fish don't like temperatures under 74.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Jimmy

Newington, CT

#861819 Feb 20, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Home invaders always bring along innocent bystanders. Dumbfuck.
Lets instead defend with a assault type rifle & fire off 30 rounds with a range of over a mile.
You people get dumber every f*cking day.
Hey simpleton! It isn't that simple, dumfk. There us usually more than one person wh lives in the house - no need to bring anyone along, idiot stick.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Jimmy

Newington, CT

#861820 Feb 20, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Naaah, he's taken to painting nudes of himself in the shower and bathtub instead.
pulease lily! The thought of you and the word nude is grossing me out!!!!!!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Homer 2016

Bethlehem, PA

#861821 Feb 20, 2013
Gov. Chris Christie’s approval rating hits record high

New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie’s approval rating continues to soar in the aftermath of Superstorm Sandy.

A Quinnipiac University poll released Wednesday finds Christie with a 74 percent approval rating in the state—the highest rating Quinnipiac has found in 17 years of polling on New Jersey governors. And in a boon for Christie’s bid for a second term, 71 percent of voters say the governor deserves to be re-elected this November.

Christie’s surging poll numbers seem to be a direct response to his stewardship of the state in the aftermath of Sandy. In October, before the storm, Christie’s approval rating was 56 percent and just 52 percent said he deserved to win a second term.

Perhaps the most notable finding in the latest poll is Christie’s popularity among Democrats—which has long been the GOP governor’s biggest weakness in the mostly Democratic state. According to Quinnipiac, 56 percent of Democratic voters approve of the job Christie is doing. And a slight plurality of Democrats—48 percent—say Christie should be re-elected, compared to the 43 percent who oppose his bid for a second term.

The poll’s margin of error is plus or minus 2.9 percent.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/chris-chri...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
sonicfilter

Greentown, IN

#861822 Feb 20, 2013
What 'Friends of Hamas' and ACORN have in common

From time to time, we still hear Republicans complaining about ACORN, which always strikes me as odd -- ACORN doesn't exist. The organization closed its doors years ago, and is literally incapable of doing whatever it is the right thinks it's doing.

As it happens, fearing the efforts of groups that are both nefarious and imaginary is spreading. Dave Weigel published this gem today.

On February 7, Breitbart News's Editor-at-Large Ben Shapiro published an explosive-looking story under the headline "Secret Hagel Donor? White House Ducks Question on 'Friends of Hamas.'" Quoting "Senate sources," Shapiro claimed that crucial documents on Hagel's "foreign funding" might be kept from the Senate Armed Services Committe because "one of the names listed is a group purportedly called "Friends of Hamas."

It was a short item, three paragraphs, the third paragraph consisting of White House assistant communications director Eric Schultz blowing off Shapiro. It caught fire on the right in no time.

The folks you'd expect to run with this -- RedState, National Review, Mike Huckabee, Lou Dobbs, et al -- did so, and last week, Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.), who's already prone to believe all kinds of strange things he reads on far-right websites, told Hugh Hewitt that Hagel's ties to Friends of Hamas are "more and more concerning."

The problem, as you might have surmised, is that "there's no proof that 'Friends of Hamas' actually exists." As Weigel explained, "The Treasury Department, which designates sponsors of terror, has done so to many charities tied to Hamas.'Friends of Hamas' is not among them. The State Department doesn't designate it, either. And a bit less holistically, a Lexis search for the group reveals absolutely nothing."

So, much of the right has spent a week outraged by Hagel's ties to an organization that's imaginary. The nominee's conservative critics desperately want to pretend he's anti-Israel, so someone made up a claim, and the right embraced it without so much as a hint of skepticism.

In an amusing twist, Frank Gaffney, a far-right activist and prominent anti-Islam voice, had this amazing reaction to reality:

"At this writing and absent the requested disclosure, it cannot be determined whether Mr. Hagel is literally associated with the 'friends' of a designated terrorist organization. The mere fact, though, that it seems entirely ... should be the last straw for Senate Republicans and Democrats alike."

Let me get this straight. The right has accused Hagel of having ties to a group. The group doesn't exist. But the fact that some on the right thought the bogus story might be true should serve as evidence that Hagel is ... bad. Or something.

Hagel's nomination offered an opportunity for a worthwhile debate about military policy, national security, and the use of force around the globe. It's a genuine shame Republicans weren't willing, or perhaps weren't able, to bring their A game.

http://maddowblog.msnbc.com/_news/2013/02/14/...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Jimmy

Newington, CT

#861823 Feb 20, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Took a glance at the posts from last night; the kkkers were having a powow, Galt included
Where'd your buddy/sockpuppet dem go lowlife?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Homer 2016

Bethlehem, PA

#861824 Feb 20, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> I don't have a confederate flag I have a WV flag which was for the north by the way.
If the free market thought it was a good idea they would be thicker than fleas on a shaggy dog. When the product is right the market will respond. Till then it's a waste of money.
That's even worse, a flag representing an Unconsitutional state.

Article 4 Section 3 U.S. Constitution -

New States may be admitted by the Congress into this Union; but no new States shall be formed or erected within the Jurisdiction of any other State; nor any State be formed by the Junction of two or more States, or parts of States, without the Consent of the Legislatures of the States concerned as well as of the Congress.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 4 min RACE 4,855
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 13 min OzRitz 48,355
Obama Plays Boss of America...............excel... 18 min John Kass 1
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 39 min Hatti_Hollerand 691
last post wins! (Apr '13) 45 min Hatti_Hollerand 384
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr The_Box 180,584
comparison 1 hr WW2FromNOW 3
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 2 hr author author 98,673
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 10:19 pm PST

Bleacher Report10:19PM
What Are Experts Saying About Indianapolis?
NBC Sports 1:18 AM
Colts desperate to crank up rushing game - NBC Sports
Bleacher Report 6:00 AM
Predictions for Bears' Week 12 Matchup
NBC Sports 7:46 AM
Jay Cutler wants to keep on rolling (out)
NBC Sports11:16 AM
Colts rule out Dwayne Allen and Gosder Cherilus