Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#861731 Feb 20, 2013
Old Crazy Goober wrote:
Washington is broken. Has anyone seen Obama the "Uniter"?
He's just now finishing the front nine.
lily waxman raton fl

Pompano Beach, FL

#861732 Feb 20, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Give us an example of your findings
We find you at every bar in Boca.
lily waxman raton fl

Pompano Beach, FL

#861733 Feb 20, 2013
<quoted text>
It has to be the absence of reading comprehension
Thank you for finally revealing why you support Obama.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#861734 Feb 20, 2013
DETROIT (AP)— The fiscal crisis plaguing Detroit is now in the hands of Michigan's governor after a state-appointed review team determined the city was in a financial emergency with "no satisfactory plan" to resolve it.

Republican Gov. Rick Snyder has 30 days to decide if Detroit needs an emergency manager to take charge of its finances and spending, and come up with a new plan to get the city out of its financial mess.

After spending weeks looking at the city's books, the independent review team released a report Tuesday saying Detroit's deficit could have reached $900 million last fiscal year had it not borrowed enormous amounts of money. The city's long-term liabilities, including underfunded pensions, are more than $14 billion.

The report also said the city's bureaucratic structure makes it difficult to solve the financial problems.

Some fiscal experts believe the city's only way out may be municipal bankruptcy, but state Treasurer Andy Dillon said answers could be found if the city and state work together.

"It's our hope at the state level that this is a partnership. It doesn't have to be adversarial," said Dillon, a member of the review team. "A lot of the ingredients for the turnaround of the city are in place. Now we just need to execute. I do believe strongly that Detroit is fixable."

But over the last nine months, that relationship has been strained. Detroit Mayor Dave Bing and the nine-member City Council entered into a consent agreement with Snyder in April that allowed some state oversight and help with Detroit's finances — short of cash infusions — in return for certain fiscal reforms. However, the city often missed deadlines and benchmarks.

The ongoing cash crisis has threatened to leave the city, which has a current budget deficit of $327 million, without money to pay its workers or other bills. Dillon said the city has been running deficits since 2005, and masking over them with long-term borrowing.

"I stand with Detroiters and other stakeholders that the pace of change has been frustratingly slow," said Gary Brown, City Council president pro-tem. "The political will has often not been there to make the necessary and bold fiscal reforms.... Without a doubt we need the support and accountability that a State of Michigan partnership offers. We cannot address our legacy obligations alone."

Under state law, Snyder has 30 days following the review team's finding to decide for himself whether there's a financial emergency. Bing would have 10 days to request a hearing. The first-term governor could then revoke his decision or appoint an emergency manager.

The emergency manager would be responsible for overseeing all of the city's spending. Bing and the City Council would keep their jobs, but the manager would decide all financial matters. And only the manager would have the power to authorize the city to take the bankruptcy route.

James McTevia, president of a Michigan-based firm that specializes in turnaround management, said an emergency manager could halt the city's borrowing, freeze debt and restructure finances, including voiding contracts.

"The checkbook needs to be taken from the politicians," he said.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#861735 Feb 20, 2013
Old Crazy Goober wrote:
Where's my judgeits! I just added some but they've been deleted!
Hey waxturd, I just did a quick count and you have only used 6 different sock puppets this morning, get busy psycho. Have you noticed that even the pals that you give hundreds of brilliant judge-its ignore your crazy ass? You're an embarrassment to everyone here, but mostly to the "stupid party" that can't get far enough away from morons like you.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#861736 Feb 20, 2013
(Reuters)- The CEO of a U.S. tire maker has delivered a crushing summary of how some outsiders view France's work ethic in a letter saying he would have to be stupid to take over a factory whose staff only put in three hours work a day.

Titan International's Maurice Taylor, nicknamed "The Grizz" for his negotiating style, told the left-wing French industry minister in a letter published by media on Wednesday that he had no interest in rescuing a plant set for closure.

"The French workforce gets paid high wages but works only three hours. They get one hour for breaks and lunch, talk for three and work for three," Taylor wrote on February 8 in the letter in English to the minister, Arnaud Montebourg.

"I told this to the French union workers to their faces. They told me that's the French way!" Taylor added in the letter, which was posted by business daily Les Echos on its website and which the ministry confirmed was genuine.

"Titan is going to buy a Chinese tire company or an Indian one, pay less than one Euro per hour wage and ship all the tires France needs," he said. "You can keep the so-called workers."
So Surprizedobamawa x

Pompano Beach, FL

#861737 Feb 20, 2013
Waxturd wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey waxturd, I just did a quick count and you have only used 6 different sock puppets this morning, get busy psycho. Have you noticed that even the pals that you give hundreds of brilliant judge-its ignore your crazy ass? You're an embarrassment to everyone here, but mostly to the "stupid party" that can't get far enough away from morons like you.
Not Surprized! ROTFLMAO!
finding

Brookland, AR

#861738 Feb 20, 2013
TSM wrote:
Obama playing Golf with Tiger is like the ‘Odd Couple,’ it’s like Success meeting Failure, Tiger the President!!
Tiger’s records, Most USGA National Championships, Most PGA Tour Wins, Most Masters Victories etc.!!
Obama’s record 1/5 Americans in Poverty, America in Debt to the Tune of16 trillion, 12 million Americans Unemployed, the list goes On!!
As long as bommie is golfing, he is thinking about something besides trying to tear down our country.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#861739 Feb 20, 2013
lily waxman raton fl wrote:
<quoted text> He got it from all the sales tax you've been paying with your welfare checks at the Boca liquor stores.
Waxturds for sure
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#861740 Feb 20, 2013
Oscar Pistorius is spending a seventh night behind bars awaiting a bail verdict, amid damning witness claims that a shot was fired from his home followed 17 minutes later by more gunfire.

The dramatic witness evidence was revealed by the prosecution on the second day of the 26-year-old athlete's bail hearing at Pretoria Magistrates' Court where he faces a charge of premeditated murder.

Fresh allegations emerged as the packed courtroom heard the Paralympian had boxes of testosterone and needles at his home where he shot Reeva Steenkamp dead after 'an hour of non-stop' arguing.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-22815...
Follow us:@MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

“Seriously Misguided Democrat”

Since: Oct 12

Chicago Thugtown

#861741 Feb 20, 2013
Anyone seen my Ammo? I think I might have lost it with my judgeits!
sonicfilter

Greentown, IN

#861742 Feb 20, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
I use the fact that was not your first post, dumbass.
You are a left-wing radical, no different than an right-wing radical.
The Constitution defines the center.
and if only You defined the Constitution?

so what would that make you? well.....stupid.

wing that.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#861743 Feb 20, 2013
Florida Atlantic University’s football stadium will have a new name this fall as the naming rights to their 30,000 seat on-campus facility were bought by The GEO Group, a private correctional facilities management corporation.
The deal is believed to be valued at around $5 million, though the terms of the contract is not yet known, according to FAUOwlaccess.com . The Owls went 2-3 at home last season and 3-9 overall.
The GEO Group is a leader in privatizing correctional facilities. Its CEO, George Zoley, holds bachelor’s and master’s degrees from FAU. He has served as a member of FAU’s Board of Trustees and was at one point the Board’s chairman.
Will there be black and white striped uniforms?
sonicfilter

Greentown, IN

#861744 Feb 20, 2013
<quoted text>
It has to be the absence of reading comprehension
hey! i can read! and mildly comprehend!

sorry. i'm all caught up in fake source day.

better than pandas i suppose.[?]

Since: Nov 09

Pharr, TX

#861745 Feb 20, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
He's just now finishing the front nine.
Too bad Bush didn't golf more instead of selling the Iraq war to America.
Were you as diligent in finding out the source of the following lies that led to the deaths of over 4,000 US troops as you have been about Benghazi?

1. The war will pay for itself.
2. The war will last only 18 months.
3. The aluminum tubes Saddam's trying to buy are used to make a nuclear bomb.
4. Saddam has a stockpile of weapons of mass destruction.
5. Iraq has a mobile biological weapons lab.
6. Saddam tried to buy uranium from Africa.
7. Iraq had contacts with al-qaeda to aid in 9-11.
8. We will be welcomed as liberators.

Who paid for Bush's unprovoked war?
lily waxman raton fl

Pompano Beach, FL

#861746 Feb 20, 2013
<quoted text>
Waxturds for sure
A Boca specialty...now chug one for all the Obamatrons out there. LOL
RUSH10ME

Lawrenceville, VA

#861747 Feb 20, 2013
<quoted text>
Give us an example of your findings
Blacks have came a long way in the last 150 years ,they have given up the idea of a strong family unit with pride in the comunity and traded that value system for the pitiful plight that is the modern black welfare dependent society , they are now leading [by far] in out of wedlock births [70%] black males are the most violent race on the planet and are by far the most lawless in every major city in the US , AIDs and stds are rising at an alarming rate in the african american comunity with hetrosexual females being infected by males returning home from prison who have been on the [down low] while serving their time , teenage pregnancys are astronomical in the black comunity as well allowing for a black female to be a grandmother at 40 years old , the black comunity has the most cases of accidental incest because no one knows who their daddy is causing them not to know who their half brothers and sisters are so they end up having sex with them , not to mention that the leading cause of death for a black male between the age of 18 to 25 is another black male between the age of 18 to 25 , it seems to me the welfare ,afirmative action social engineering experiment was a bust , in some cases they were treated better by their masters than they treat each other and themselves as a free people .

“It's always darkest 'fore dawn”

Since: Jul 08

When's dawn?

#861748 Feb 20, 2013
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
Did it ever occur to you vacuous treehugger types, that MAYBE, the prejorative is NOT racist at all, but instead apltly descriptive in terms of actual EXPEREINCE-despite the race, creed or color of?
No? Ah didn't think so-DUH A Vey.
(Don't make me tell you a story about a cubicle, a phone and a bunch of stupid WORMS that sent a BOI --whose skin color just happen to be flesh, kind of a light to medium light pale beige color in terms of cosmetic choices, for all THAT mattered--to do an idiots job!!)
DUHmmy.
So you finally admit that Dumbya was an idiot. Refreshing...I'll pass on all your MUGS (mechanics, usage, grammar, spelling) because they're just too many.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#861749 Feb 20, 2013
<quoted text>
Waxturds for sure
Waxtrud's off his meds this morning.
lily waxman raton fl

Pompano Beach, FL

#861750 Feb 20, 2013
Oscar Pistorius is spending a seventh night behind bars awaiting a bail verdict, amid damning witness claims that a shot was fired from his home followed 17 minutes later by more gunfire.
The dramatic witness evidence was revealed by the prosecution on the second day of the 26-year-old athlete's bail hearing at Pretoria Magistrates' Court where he faces a charge of premeditated murder.
Fresh allegations emerged as the packed courtroom heard the Paralympian had boxes of testosterone and needles at his home where he shot Reeva Steenkamp dead after 'an hour of non-stop' arguing.
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-22815...
Follow us:@MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
Good thing he's not black...or half black, huh? LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 11 min Edmond Pulpo 181,728
Deat Abby 12-16 11 min RACE 67
CHICAGO BEARS ARE SHYT. Boycott them 18 min Sublime1 23
I want to join ILLUMINATI to become rich and fa... 24 min mr fred 1
Amy 12-17 1 hr RACE 6
Amy 12-18 1 hr RACE 4
Abby 12-18 2 hr Mister Tonka 3
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 8:21 am PST

NBC Sports 8:21AM
PFT Live: Bears talk with John Mullin, Week 16 picks
Bleacher Report 9:00 AM
NFL Playoffs 2014-15: AFC, NFC Postseason Predictions Heading into Week 16
NBC Sports 9:58 AM
Unnamed Bears "confused and uncomfortable" with benching Cutler
ESPN10:10 AM
Vegas reacts to Bears' benching of Cutler
NBC Sports10:10 AM
Is Chicago protecting Cutler's trade value by benching him?