1) Lower the demand on oil, lowering the price you pay for gasoline.<quoted text>
2) Fewer emissions enabling cleaner air
3) fewer greenhouse gases help ease global warming.
4) Lowering demand lowers the price of oil bringing less income to Iran where they use oil profits to pursue nuclear weapons.
5) If we lower the price of oil enough, the Middle East is no longer relevant ending the need to expend so much military effort in that region.
6) Using less oil in this country would led to less money being exported & instead spent on the US economy improving it.
7) Lowering the price of gasoline & diesel would lower spending at all levels of government.