Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

Since: May 11

Loysville, PA

#860616 Feb 18, 2013
discordian wrote:
<quoted text>
wrong as usual, Doorknob. Wouldn't you like to be right once before you die?
You cam say whatever you want,but Germany was disarmed after WWI by the treaty that ended that war.

Loysville, PA

#860617 Feb 18, 2013
LooTER SHooTER wrote:
Half of your Modern cars including the Joke (VOLT) ARE MADE FROM WHAT Real Stupid Dave ?... right !....Plastics made from what??... Right ! O I L !!!
If oil is so valuable in manufacturing why the f*ck do you keep burning it?

Loysville, PA

#860618 Feb 18, 2013
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"Waxman"
"real dumb" is real dumb. He keeps asking what legislation democrats passed. He is to dense ti understand democrats passed nothing, that is why they are known as the no nothing party.
Peace
So now you say its the Democrat's fault for not stopping the Republican fueled disaster?

Loysville, PA

#860619 Feb 18, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
They may "hire" people to perform certain functions, but not as employees on the payroll, particularly not with Obamacare.
keep trying Johnny boy.
GOPIdiots

Pompano Beach, FL

#860620 Feb 18, 2013
Injudgement wrote:
<quoted text>Yes you could point that out. But then I would point out that 90% of ALL loans that were defaulted on in 2008 had ONE major thing in common. They were ALL less than 5 years old. What happen 5 years before 2008 that all these banks would suddenly start handing out loans to anyone with a heartbeat?
President Bush Signs American Dream Downpayment Act of 2003
Bush: "Last year I set a goal to add 5.5 million new homeowners in America by the end of the decade. That is an attainable goal""
Rightwhiners LOVE to skip that important fact. That nugget was part of Bush's State of the Union speech...his plan for "The Ownership Society"
Bush also called upon Fannie and Freddie to play a greater role, lower lending requirements, AND legislation was passed ( by the GOP) to cover the down payment for low income families.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#860621 Feb 18, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
The coward surfaces!!
I proved my point. No aquifer is required for a geothermal system to function just fine!! Proven by millions of installations worldwide!!
You railed at Old Raider, claiming the only way to dissipate the heat was to reach water, as in an aquifer.
You were wrong, as usual.
To redeem yourself, you need to apologize to both Raider and myself.
I'm waiting, oh ignorant one!!
----------
""3. How is heat transferred between the earth and the home or building?
The earth has the ability to absorb and store heat energy. To use that stored energy, heat is extracted from the earth through a liquid medium (groundwater or an anti-freeze solution) and is pumped to the heat pump or heat exchanger. There, the heat is used to heat the air. In summer, the process is reversed and indoor heat is extracted from indoors and transferred to the earth through the liquid.
4. Does it do both heating and cooling?
One of the things that makes a heat pump so versatile is its ability to be a heating and cooling system in one. You can change from one mode to another with a simple flick of a switch on your indoor thermostat. In the cooling mode, a geothermal heat pump takes heat from indoors and transfers it to the cooler earth through either groundwater or an underground loop system.
5. Do I need separate ground loops for heating and cooling?
No. The same loop works for both. All that happens when changing from heating to cooling, or vice versa, is that the flow of heat is reversed.""
----------
Proving, once again, that your lies concerning being a geologist are just that, LIES.
Thanks for playing!!
NEXT!!
<quoted text>
Like you really understand what you posted.

I'll put it to you simply:

Geothermal heating is a piece of cake. Just drill a hole to the temperature you desire, and circulate water through it and throughout the building.

Geothermal cooling is very difficult. Why? Because the heat you transfer from a building to the ground has to be transported away from the location of the building, or it just rises back into the building.

Any questions?

How about this one:
How is the heat transported away from the location of the building after it has been transferred from the building to the Earth immediately below the building?

... your turn, dufus.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#860623 Feb 18, 2013
Sectarian violence in Iraq

Hardline Sunni's carbomb a Shiite funeral killing 37.

An in the North of Iraq, Sunni's blow up a 16 inch pipeline outside of Iraq's largest refinery.

The hate each other more than they hate us.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#860624 Feb 18, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
If oil is so valuable in manufacturing why the f*ck do you keep burning it?
Then why do you idiots insist on burning the food?
yop

France

#860625 Feb 18, 2013
We should not intervene in islamic countries.we must let them live as they wish.as long as they do not threaten us,we should let them in peace.we are the only guilt of current wars.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#860626 Feb 18, 2013
GOPIdiots wrote:
<quoted text>
Rightwhiners LOVE to skip that important fact. That nugget was part of Bush's State of the Union speech...his plan for "The Ownership Society"
Bush also called upon Fannie and Freddie to play a greater role, lower lending requirements, AND legislation was passed ( by the GOP) to cover the down payment for low income families.
Exactly. Bush's new law, the American Dream Downpayment Act of 2003, made these changes on home loans. Had it not been for these changes the housing market would have never collapsed nor the American economy.
1. No Down Payment required on a home loan.
2. No background checks.
3. Up to 150% home value loaned.
4. Up to 5 years of principal deferred payments.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#860627 Feb 18, 2013
Equal Opportunity, Our National Myth

....The gap between aspiration and reality could hardly be wider. Today, the United States has less equality of opportunity than almost any other advanced industrial country. Study after study has exposed the myth that America is a land of opportunity. This is especially tragic: While Americans may differ on the desirability of equality of outcomes, there is near-universal consensus that inequality of opportunity is indefensible. The Pew Research Center has found that some 90 percent of Americans believe that the government should do everything it can to ensure equality of opportunity.

http://opinionator.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/02/...
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#860628 Feb 18, 2013
"Today conservative displeasure has eclipsed conservative argument. Our energy is expended in angry bursts, not persuasive intensity. I have maintained my conservative principles through eleven presidential elections. But there are times when I feel as if there is a litmus test for conservatism that I can no longer pass. Some vocal conservatives write as if conservatism is an exclusive club that only a select few should be allowed to join."

http://www.redstate.com/mcrow44/2013/02/17/co...

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#860629 Feb 18, 2013
Injudgement wrote:
<quoted text>Exactly. Bush's new law, the American Dream Downpayment Act of 2003, made these changes on home loans. Had it not been for these changes the housing market would have never collapsed nor the American economy.
1. No Down Payment required on a home loan.
2. No background checks.
3. Up to 150% home value loaned.
4. Up to 5 years of principal deferred payments.
You are very ignorant of US history. Let me help you correct that. Here is a link where you can actually read the quotes from the Democrats when they were negotiating with the Republicans with outright lies to get no effective oversight of their Marxist CRA program that was an obvious failure in 2003:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1222905743912...

Now, this will require that you think for yourself and draw your own conclusion about what the above facts mean:

In 2003 the Democrats supported Bush and the war in Iraq.
In 2003 the Republicans supported the Democrats' Marxist subnprime loan program.

Do you think there was a connection there?

Considering the fact that it was the Democrats' Marxist subprime housing loan program that collapsed our economy, what lessons do you think we should have learned from the above facts of history?

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#860630 Feb 18, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
Equal Opportunity, Our National Myth
....The gap between aspiration and reality could hardly be wider. Today, the United States has less equality of opportunity than almost any other advanced industrial country. Study after study has exposed the myth that America is a land of opportunity. This is especially tragic: While Americans may differ on the desirability of equality of outcomes, there is near-universal consensus that inequality of opportunity is indefensible. The Pew Research Center has found that some 90 percent of Americans believe that the government should do everything it can to ensure equality of opportunity.
http://opinionator.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/02/...
Oh, jeeezzz.... what bullshit.

A person born a minority has more opportunity than a non-minority. All they have to do is take advantage of those opportunities.
Ever hear of "affirmative action", you goddam idiot?

If you want to actually discuss this, please tell us why minorities still aren't taking advantage of those opportunities that have been available to them for fifty goddam years.

Why do you think this is the fact?
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#860631 Feb 18, 2013
George Polk Awards: David Corn Wins For Romney '47 Percent' Scoop

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/18/geor...

he's also responsible for exposing Pandagate.

FOX win any?

lol
finding

Brookland, AR

#860632 Feb 18, 2013
No tax increase for middle class?????? How much money is taken out of your check every week? Another lie your liberal president told. What's next?
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#860633 Feb 18, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, jeeezzz.... what bullshit.
A person born a minority has more opportunity than a non-minority. All they have to do is take advantage of those opportunities.
Ever hear of "affirmative action", you goddam idiot?
If you want to actually discuss this, please tell us why minorities still aren't taking advantage of those opportunities that have been available to them for fifty goddam years.
Why do you think this is the fact?
funny you go right for race.

90% of us can't all be black. miss that part? seems the white folks feel they also have a gripe.

try a response that doesn't go all tea party.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#860634 Feb 18, 2013
Scientology for Rednecks: What the GOP Has Become

As with many religions, political parties have a tendency to start as a movement, transform into a business, and finally degenerate into a racket designed to fleece the yokels. One organization which has gone out of its way to illustrate this evolution is the Republican Party. And it has done so with a national scope and fundraising apparatus that would have made Jimmy Swaggart or Jim and Tammy Faye Bakker mute with awe.

By "Republican Party" I mean both the formal party and its extended apparat: talk radio and the Fox News empire, pressure groups like the Family Research Council, allegedly "educational" 501(c)3 organizations like the Heritage Foundation, direct mail outfits descended from the original Richard Viguerie mother ship, polling firms like Rasmussen's, and the Tea Party itself (the latter nevertheless asserts its non-affiliation with the GOP despite its having sponsored the Florida Republican presidential candidates' debate in 2011).

True believers in this multi-faceted scam are usually careful to make a (false) distinction between the institutional GOP and the so-called conservative movement. The Republican Party and its grandees, according to this fable, are not "true conservatives." By 2008, the operatives of the racket were already saying this about George W. Bush, but that assessment required them to perform the mental gymnastics of forgetting that only a few years earlier, they were eager to nominate Dubbya to the next available vacancy in the Trinity.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/michael-s-lofgr...

.... The voting base itself, endlessly stoked by talk radio and Fox News, thrives on its martyr-like self-image as a persecuted remnant of Real Americans....
yop

France

#860635 Feb 18, 2013
Minorities have as many advantages as non minorities. Those who claim the contrary are liars frustrated who had ever try to evolve. It is an easy way to complain everytime and to find reasons while the only reason is that you are lazy. In america, the one who wants to succee can whether he is black,white,indian,chinese or whatever. We are the country the most evoluated about discrimination. Look at our president, he is the living proof that everyone can manage to succee in our society. It is just up to you to want it.
Homer 2016

Bethlehem, PA

#860636 Feb 18, 2013
Ok so now we are down to 49 states with West Virginia being declared Unconstitutional in the minds of sane people. Flack's unwillingness to self-deport himself out of the real state of Virginia should have INS breathing down his neck shortly.

Not to worry Flack I hear they are working on an 8 year path to citizenship.

What else going on today?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 11 min mahz 49,855
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 18 min Twisted Nixon 46,707
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 19 min Jane 1,474
IL Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in I... (Oct '10) 1 hr kankakee en 155
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 3 hr Eric 69,397
OnePotChefShow 4 hr Tan 1
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 5 hr andet1987 621
Amy 9-18 7 hr edogxxx 35
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 9 hr edogxxx 98,231
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••