Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#860547 Feb 17, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Development costs are to be spread over several years of production.
I know you right whiners don't get it but many people do understand or need to reduce our oil usage & greenhouse gas emissions.
As more & more electric cars are sold, production costs will come down.
Again, you demonstrate a lack of business knowledge.
You make the unproven assumption that the Chevy Volt has a future and will ever sell a significant number of units at a profit.

Someone else is likely to produce a useful electric or natural gas or hydrogen car, ending the future for the Volt.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#860548 Feb 17, 2013
February 17, 2013

House Science Committee Questions Existence of Meteors

Posted by Andy Borowitz
WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—The chairman of the House Committee on Science, Space, and Technology said today that the committee would hold hearings next week “to settle the question, once and for all, of whether meteors exist.”

“The media has been in something of a frenzy recently on this whole topic of meteors,” said chairman Lamar Smith (R-Texas).“I think it’s irresponsible of them to frighten the public about something that, at the end of the day, may be about as real as unicorns.”

Rep. Smith said that he had seen recent reports of the “so-called Russian meteor” of last week, but added,“Maybe it’s the scientific skeptic in me, but this ‘meteor’ may just have been a bunch of fireworks that some Siberian fellow set off after drinking a little too much Stoli. It is winter, after all, and that’s how those folks keep warm.”
The Texas congressman said that he and other meteor doubters are worried that scientists had “a vested interest” in convincing people that meteors are real:“They want the government to spend more money on science, and, let me tell you, that is the last thing the Science Committee is going to do.”

As for the scientific theory that meteors may have killed the dinosaurs, Rep. Smith chuckled,“That theory would also have us believe that there were dinosaurs.”

Read more: http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/borowit...

Since: Nov 09

Pharr, TX

#860549 Feb 17, 2013
Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
Did I say you could speak, fktard?
What you said is you were never going to talk to me, but what's another lie? Hard to keep track of all your lies when you have so many sockpuppets and judge-it distribution issues to juggle.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#860550 Feb 17, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you have no one in "your company" to sweep the floors , clean the restrooms, handle customer complaints, do any accounting, mow the grass,etc etc etc.
Floor sweeping, restroom cleaning, and grass mowing should definitely be contracted out. What do you do with the lawn care folks in the winter?

Many companies also contract out large portions of accounting and payroll functions, or centralize them in one office.

As for customer complaints, well-run companies have very few and the complaints should be handled by the person responsible for the work, particularly in service businesses. Nobody wants to talk to a complaint flunky with no authority.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#860551 Feb 17, 2013
HungSoLow wrote:
<quoted text>2007/2008 never happened?
2007/2008 was a cyclical recession that Obama has made permanent.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#860552 Feb 17, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
California has a special problem because bicycle-riding environmentalists have the goal of eliminating automobiles.
Costs are driven by special gasoline blends and lack of refinery capacity due to environmentalist opposition to new construction.
Galt doesn't know how to ride a bike. Gas prices are controlled by county taxes
Your post is totally false
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#860553 Feb 17, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> These dunderhead libtards think people start a business to pay people a living wage, full benefits, and two weeks paid vacation. The concept of profit is foreign to them.
On another note!
Danica gets the pole for the Daytona 500! First woman to ever achieve that honor.
If last night's race is any indication the 500 is going to be a ball to the walls hell of a race!!!!!!!!!!
People start a business because they want to be independent; they make a profit on the work performed by their employees. A smart and consciencious employer realizes the value of his employees and pays them accordinglt. A stingy employer often only gets the worst employees and mistreats them so they end up sabotaging the business and stealing from him. You have a hateful and ignorant view of the employer, employee relationship. The profit that is achieved is a group effort that should be shared with everyone.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#860554 Feb 17, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Gas prices are currently high in California because of traditional laws of supply and demand. Supply is currently low because of lack of refinery capacity, not because of the price of crude oil. Refineries need to partially shut down twice each year to change formulations, and normal maintenance affects supply because there is no spare capacity.

Call your boy to drive you around, Daisy.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#860555 Feb 17, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Any fool like you can copy crap from Wikipedia, but you can't answer the question: Who are "the Masseys"?
Dunderhead; the grandsons of the Masseys live here in Florida, friends of my sons, they want nothing to do with the company

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#860556 Feb 17, 2013
<quoted text>
You don't have a clue! Gas prices are controlled by market forces. taxes are static.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#860557 Feb 17, 2013
<quoted text>
Dunderhead; the grandsons of the Masseys live here in Florida, friends of my sons, they want nothing to do with the company
Precisely.

Yet your running mate, the teacher wannabe, is accusing "the Masseys" of all the evils in the world.

Since: May 11

Loysville, PA

#860559 Feb 17, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Floor sweeping, restroom cleaning, and grass mowing should definitely be contracted out. What do you do with the lawn care folks in the winter?
Many companies also contract out large portions of accounting and payroll functions, or centralize them in one office.
As for customer complaints, well-run companies have very few and the complaints should be handled by the person responsible for the work, particularly in service businesses. Nobody wants to talk to a complaint flunky with no authority.
Blah Blah Blah.

More proof you never ran squat.

Small businesses & especially small manufacturers do not sub out everything like you say.

They hire people to do it. People whose function does not add to the profitability.

You made yet again another stupid post & make make yourself look more foolish trying to defend it.
OldRatface

Pompano Beach, FL

#860560 Feb 17, 2013
OldRaider wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I have a question. Are you getting treatment for the same narcissism that you and cop killer Dorner share?
Question 2. Would you post a list of all your sock puppets so that we can better monitor your illness?
You forgot to mention the name of the nursing home in which you reside.
OldRatface

Pompano Beach, FL

#860561 Feb 17, 2013
OldRaider wrote:
<quoted text>
What you said is you were never going to talk to me, but what's another lie? Hard to keep track of all your lies when you have so many sockpuppets and judge-it distribution issues to juggle.
I hope you are keeping track of Obama's lies, although that would be extremely difficult without extra czars.
lily waxman raton fl

Pompano Beach, FL

#860562 Feb 17, 2013
<quoted text>
or with you.
Patriot

Boulder, CO

#860563 Feb 17, 2013
THE U.S. SUPREME COURT SHOULD BE IMPEACHED

http://www.newswithviews.com/Devvy/kidd574.ht...
So NotSurpriZed

Pompano Beach, FL

#860564 Feb 17, 2013
Not Surprized wrote:
I want to take some time out from feverishly judging your posts to make a serious post.
Most of you know me as "Not Surprized" (the chubby Obama-worshipper from a hidden and embarrassing location), but I'm so much more than that. I'm caring, I'm giving, I'm sensual. Its just that as I get older and fatter, things have slowed down quite a bit for me. A couple of years ago you'd have never caught me posting for 12 straight hours because the phone would ring 5-6 times a night (and it'd be a different dude every time!!!). Now, I'm lucky if the janitor knocks on my door for a quickie after cleaning the community toilets. I guess what I'm REALLY saying is..... I need friends (lovers too!!). I'll do literally anything to earn your trust, and you can mop up the floor with me six ways from Sunday.
Please...leave your phone numbers and,,,
Just love me unconditionaly....
Warm hugs!!! Not Surprized
Not Surprized! ROTFLMAO!

Loysville, PA

#860565 Feb 17, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
You make the unproven assumption that the Chevy Volt has a future and will ever sell a significant number of units at a profit.
Someone else is likely to produce a useful electric or natural gas or hydrogen car, ending the future for the Volt.
You made no proven argument they do not have a future, whether as the Volt or under a different name.

However we do know this, we will run out of oil. As we approach that time oil will be more & more expensive.

Being one of the first electric cars on the market, one can expect improvements to be made.

According to people like you, we should never try to make innovations because they are costly at first.

The fact is that you misled with your assessment of the costs of the Volts. Now you take your typical path of making more & more ridiculous posts trying to hide your lies.

We export hundreds of billions of dollars every year for oil.

Only dumb, ignorant f*cks like you think that this is a good thing.

The less oil we use, the more money is available for our economy.

One day you right whiners might understand how that works.

Loysville, PA

#860566 Feb 17, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Revenue-generating work is producing a product or service for sale.
Businesses are surviving today by cutting overhead personnel to an absolute minimum, and then cutting some more.
There are many things that "need to be done", such as janitorial services, where it makes no sense to hire someone on your payroll, particularly with intrusive governmental regulations.
WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG

You do not generate any revenue until you SELL IT.

You don't sell it without DEMAND.

Companies hire more people when the demand for their products show the need.

As for janitorial services, what make you think the janitorial company you hire does not have government regulations to contend with?
Bad Times

AOL

#860567 Feb 17, 2013
Very sad times for medicare.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
do want to be an artist? 8 min ARTIST LINE 1
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 31 min Sgt Prepper 180,988
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 48 min litesong 48,606
Mrs. Bush: History will vindicate her husband (Jun '08) 1 hr Swedenforever 54,530
World's Best Photo Art 2 hr Zeke 7
ask amy 11-28 4 hr RACE 3
Last Chance! 5 hr Harem 1
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News