Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
RUSH10ME

Gloucester, VA

#860503 Feb 17, 2013
Obama and Tiger Woods played golf together only after obama agreed to give Tiger some pointers on using the race card and avoiding sexual scandal, in exchange Tiger promised to give obama pionters on managing money .

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#860504 Feb 17, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, I'm sure namE will be totally honest with his new BFF and repeat his contention that he has access to fill-ups for his natural gas or hydrogen cars within a forty mile radius of his estate in every direction.
You have a vivid imagination, Beccy.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#860505 Feb 17, 2013
Nah, he's not an elitist

"President Obama played golf Sunday with Tiger Woods during the presidentís long holiday weekend in Florida, the White House said.

The foursome at the Floridian National Golf Club, in Palm City, Fla., included U.S. trade representative Ron Kirk and Jim Crane, a Democratic donor who owns the club and the Houston Astros baseball team."
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#860506 Feb 17, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> These dunderhead libtards think people start a business to pay people a living wage, full benefits, and two weeks paid vacation. The concept of profit is foreign to them.
On another note!
Danica gets the pole for the Daytona 500! First woman to ever achieve that honor.
If last night's race is any indication the 500 is going to be a ball to the walls hell of a race!!!!!!!!!!
I spent yesterday at the track and today watched TV as Danica captured the pole. Last night's race was a bullshyte deal not to mention cold as a mofo. The coming week will be much warmer with temps in the 70's and the twins as well as the 500 should be classics with the new cars and visual technologies.

NASCAR/ISC is building profits through the efforts of others__no interviews necessary. The employees that fret about parking, security, facilities maintenance etc etc take away from the bottom line thus reducing profits rather than contributing to.

You, Galt and Eman are losers without a clue about how industry operates___dumber than Carol and that takes some effort.

Since: May 11

Loysville, PA

#860507 Feb 17, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> These dunderhead libtards think people start a business to pay people a living wage, full benefits, and two weeks paid vacation. The concept of profit is foreign to them.
On another note!
Danica gets the pole for the Daytona 500! First woman to ever achieve that honor.
If last night's race is any indication the 500 is going to be a ball to the walls hell of a race!!!!!!!!!!
You & your buttbuddy Galt know nothing about running a business so I wold STFU about sh*t you know NOTHING about.

My God.

I would never ever start a business or run one where my goal was to pay people as little as possible.

The key to being successful is to locate good employees & keep them by paying a good wage with good benefits.

It is these good employees that learn their jobs & improve their production & offer opinions on improving market share, production & efficiencies that increase profits. Not paying them less.

Loysville, PA

#860508 Feb 17, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Reuters reports that GM is losing $49,000 for every Volt it builds, renewing criticism that the eco-friendly hybrid will never be profitable
http://theweek.com/article/index/233140/the-c...
You moron. This has been debunked many times

The idiot that wrote your source article forgot to mention that most of that cost was development costs. These are high because everything about the Volt had to be designed & tested.

"Based on interviews with industry experts, Reuters estimated it costs GM between $75,000 and $88,000 today to build each Volt. Most of that --$56,000 -- comes from the cost to develop the Volt's unique power system, a combination of gas engine, electric motors, massive lithium-ion battery pack and a complicated transmission, all powered by custom GM software that controls how the car starts, stops and recharges. The rest of the cost comes from the raw material, labor costs and other overhead."

http://autos.yahoo.com/blogs/motoramic/gm-fig...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#860509 Feb 17, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Corrupt Capitalism personified...and that's all I will say about that.
Who are "the Masseys"?

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#860510 Feb 17, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
No, but you may be a furrie.
The tea party movement stands for lower taxes. If you don't like that, tough shit.
... and hunting with spears.

Don't forget hunting with spears.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#860511 Feb 17, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Lower taxes for the rich--corrupt capitalism at its worse. Did you invest with Alpha (Massey) along with R'Money?
Lower taxes for the middle class as well.

Smart people invest where they get the best return.

Loysville, PA

#860512 Feb 17, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong.
Businesses hire when additional employees will increase profits.
Doing unprofitable things is not good business.
Maybe this is why you aren't & never have run anything other than your mouth.

If you have no work for a person, you do not hire them.

This is the simple point that you dumbsss right whiners can't understand.

You f*cking idiots keep wanting to give businesses money to increase employment numbers yet they won't hire unless they have demand.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#860513 Feb 17, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
You moron. This has been debunked many times
The idiot that wrote your source article forgot to mention that most of that cost was development costs. These are high because everything about the Volt had to be designed & tested.
"Based on interviews with industry experts, Reuters estimated it costs GM between $75,000 and $88,000 today to build each Volt. Most of that --$56,000 -- comes from the cost to develop the Volt's unique power system, a combination of gas engine, electric motors, massive lithium-ion battery pack and a complicated transmission, all powered by custom GM software that controls how the car starts, stops and recharges. The rest of the cost comes from the raw material, labor costs and other overhead."
http://autos.yahoo.com/blogs/motoramic/gm-fig...
Development costs are real costs, particularly when sales do not follow.

Using even your math, the Volt costs $32,000 to manufacture, leaving no possibility of profit.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#860514 Feb 17, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe this is why you aren't & never have run anything other than your mouth.
If you have no work for a person, you do not hire them.
This is the simple point that you dumbsss right whiners can't understand.
You f*cking idiots keep wanting to give businesses money to increase employment numbers yet they won't hire unless they have demand.
If you have no revenue-generating work for a person, you do not hire them.

Loysville, PA

#860515 Feb 17, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
What is revenue generating work??

Is it product demand.

Companies don't hire unless they have something that needs done.

This is what I just said & you said I was wrong.

My God, you are too stupid to even know what you post.

Loysville, PA

#860516 Feb 17, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Development costs are real costs, particularly when sales do not follow.
Using even your math, the Volt costs $32,000 to manufacture, leaving no possibility of profit.
Development costs are to be spread over several years of production.

I know you right whiners don't get it but many people do understand or need to reduce our oil usage & greenhouse gas emissions.

As more & more electric cars are sold, production costs will come down.

Again, you demonstrate a lack of business knowledge.

Loysville, PA

#860517 Feb 17, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you have no one in "your company" to sweep the floors , clean the restrooms, handle customer complaints, do any accounting, mow the grass,etc etc etc.
GOPIdiots

Pompano Beach, FL

#860518 Feb 17, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Winning elections and failing to control the budget and the debt, while allowing the economy to wallow in the crapper.
So things should be turned over to the GOP, who failed to control the debt, and left the economy in the crapper?
GOPIdiots

Pompano Beach, FL

#860519 Feb 17, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
CSI did one episode on that, enough for a lifetime.
Since it's on your DVR and replayed nightly.
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

#860520 Feb 17, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you have no one in "your company" to sweep the floors , clean the restrooms, handle customer complaints, do any accounting, mow the grass,etc etc etc.
Hm...Galt must get realllly tired lol.
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

#860521 Feb 17, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
And if you can't pay them to do work you don't want to do yourself, you do not expect them to work for free either lol.

Whatabuncha worms.
GOPIdiots

Pompano Beach, FL

#860522 Feb 17, 2013
GOPIdiots wrote:
<quoted text>
So things should be turned over to the GOP, who failed to control the debt, and left the economy in the crapper?
Actually, after witnessing 4 years of Obama failure, that would make more sense.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 8 min Edmond Pulpo 180,721
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 17 min PEllen 98,673
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 25 min JOEL 70,583
Dear Abby 11/24/14 27 min PEllen 1
Ask Amy 11/24/14 29 min PEllen 1
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 50 min not a ghost 1,519
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 59 min not a ghost 698
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago