Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#860365 Feb 16, 2013
discordian wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, doorknob
http://www.straightdope.com/columns/read/1791...
power." In other words, they didn't need to pass additional laws. The Nazis did pass a weapons law in 1938, but that only added restrictions to the previous law, especially for Jews and other "non-citizens."
I believe it wa s the jews who were mostly murdered? And disarmed?
Jews were the target and had to be disarmed so they could not resist.

The 1938 German Weapons Act, the precursor of the current weapons law, superseded the 1928 law. As under the 1928 law, citizens were required to have a permit to carry a firearm and a separate permit to acquire a firearm. Furthermore, the law restricted ownership of firearms to "...persons whose trustworthiness is not in question and who can show a need for a (gun) permit." But under the new law:

Gun restriction laws applied only to handguns, not to long guns or ammunition. The 1938 revisions completely deregulated the acquisition and transfer of rifles and shotguns, as was the possession of ammunition."

The legal age at which guns could be purchased was lowered from 20 to 18.

Permits were valid for three years, rather than one year.

The groups of people who were exempt from the acquisition permit requirement expanded. Holders of annual hunting permits, government workers, and NSDAP members were no longer subject to gun ownership restrictions. Prior to the 1938 law, only officials of the central government, the states, and employees of the German Reichsbahn Railways were exempted.

Jews were forbidden from the manufacturing or dealing of firearms and ammunition.

Under both the 1928 and 1938 acts, gun manufacturers and dealers were required to maintain records with information about who purchased guns and the guns' serial numbers. These records were to be delivered to a police authority for inspection at the end of each year.

On November 11, 1938, the Minister of the Interior, Wilhelm Frick, promulgated Regulations Against Jews' Possession of Weapons. This regulation effectively deprived Jews of the right to possess firearms or other weapons.

The 1938 German Weapons Act

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_politics_in_...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#860366 Feb 16, 2013
martinezjosei wrote:
Here's a story you won't see in the liberal press, via our friends at CNSnews.com ..
Union Leader:‘ICE Crumbling from Within’ Because Obama WON'T Let Agents Arrest Illegals http://bit.ly/X9xzPf
Janet Napolitano talks and sounds like a fat, tired Street Cow for hire.

I have never heard her say anything intelligible beyond mouthing Boy Messiah propaganda for the media.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#860367 Feb 16, 2013
martinezjosei wrote:
Congresswoman: Global Warming 'Will Destroy' Maryland !!!
Yes, Only Liberals!!! Good grief!!! God save us from them!!!
http://cnsnews.com/news/article/congresswoman...
The Face of Stupid is quickly taking shape further each time a group of these clowns pose for a camera. That guy in the Toys-R-Us bow-tie and that woman with the Seventh Fleet crew-cut are straight out of a Mad Magazine circus. They are funny as hell even before they open their mouths. The audio is the cherry on top.

Humor comes in many forms, doesn't it?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#860368 Feb 16, 2013
discordian wrote:
<quoted text>
Clinton had the rules re -written at fannie and freddie to allow or force them to take sub prime mortgages, thus opening the floodgates and of course resulting in the taxpayers bailing them out to the tune of hundreds of billions of dollars.
In addition, lenders were coerced and threatened with federal retribution if they didn't start making subprime loans.
I agree, plenty of blame to go around and no one punished, certainly not by Obama's administration. I still maintain without government meddling and coercion this never would have happened.
The result was perfectly foreseeable.
Your right & I agree 100% it was the meddling from the Federal Government and Federal Government coercion that created this economical mess to begin with which I blame alot of the economical downturns on the Federal Government fiscal policies coming out of Washington DC.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#860370 Feb 16, 2013
discordian wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like you're saying Doorknob Dave doesn't know shit from shinola?
anyone that thinks guns were banned Germany.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Navy Corpseman

United States

#860371 Feb 16, 2013
timmy wrote:
<quoted text>
very wise of you to catch on that these baggers are kkkowards.
gunner went AWOL and let carol die on the vine,
same with flack and emaam...
should be ashamed of themselves!!!
They're paying for people like you!They have overwhelming responsibilities to their families!They work,or they are retired.

These nice people are the "makers,"not the takers!

Obama lovers TAKE!Obama lovers aren't productive,they do not produce!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#860372 Feb 16, 2013
EVERYTHING Obama has contact with, fails.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Plane for sale on Ebay

United States

#860375 Feb 17, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
Taking her quote out of context proves you to be just another vindictive but clueless nitwit!!
Much like the methhead from KY!! You two related?? Or did you just go to the same school for the intellectually challenged??
Sarah Palin put her tramp daughter up for public scorn.
One can only imagine the outrage and attacks from the right had Chelsea Clinton gotten knocked up!! Or Obama's daughters, one of whom is close to Bristol Palin's age when she got knocked up!!
Yet Palin the tramp claimed moral superiority, while her 15 yr old daughter was fcking Levi right under Sarah's nose!!
Little Sarah 'no sex before marriage'!! HAHAHAHAHAHA
We won't go into her son, who knocked up his girlfriend, married her and divorced her within a year.

Real moral examples, those trailer trash Palin's!!
Nice to see you losers still all in full umbrage over losint the election!!
Deal with it, nitwit!!
<quoted text>
We won't go into Obama's homosexual affair at a Chicago hotel either.Obama buying another bi-sexual cocaine and having sex acts in his limo from another known homo!Maybe we'll trash Malaria when her fatass is in prison!

Aren't you that guy that lives next door to Mrs Palin?

BANG!

Since: May 11

Loysville, PA

#860376 Feb 17, 2013
discordian wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like you're saying Doorknob Dave doesn't know shit from shinola?
What I said was 100% correct, dumbass.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: May 11

Loysville, PA

#860377 Feb 17, 2013
discordian wrote:
<quoted text>
Clinton had the rules re -written at fannie and freddie to allow or force them to take sub prime mortgages, thus opening the floodgates and of course resulting in the taxpayers bailing them out to the tune of hundreds of billions of dollars.
In addition, lenders were coerced and threatened with federal retribution if they didn't start making subprime loans.
I agree, plenty of blame to go around and no one punished, certainly not by Obama's administration. I still maintain without government meddling and coercion this never would have happened.
The result was perfectly foreseeable.
Bsnks were never forced to make bad loans.

When will you f*cking Dumbasss Right Whiners ever blame your own GD party for the eonomic mess they created under you hero George W Bush.

"CRA CRA CRA OMG OMG OMG" You people get dumber every f*cking day.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Nov 09

Pharr, TX

#860378 Feb 17, 2013
discordian wrote:
<quoted text>
a million of us marching on DC are, dumbrowski.
Just when are you and militia general DBWriter going to make this million man attack on DC in your fantasy war? That will really clean up the gene pool.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
PDUPONT

Chester, MA

#860379 Feb 17, 2013
Jimmy wrote:
<quoted text>
Lincoln was an idiot. They say he tried to negotiate, but I doubt he tried very hard. The nmoron thought the war would be a piece of cake but being a "lawyer", he was clueless about practicle matters. The slaves ended up suffering anyways and the war didn't really end until 10 years after it technically ended.
Most people don't know this but Lincoln was a gay boy and liked to sleep with men. Too bad John Wilkes Booth waited so long.
HEY STUPID! The South seceded in January of 1861; four months before Lincoln was even inaugurated. They weren't interested in any negotiations dimwit.
Your assertion that he was gay is totally without any shred of evidence liar .
You're an idiot Jimmy and a totally repugnant excuse for a human being.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Topic Reminder Service

New Britain, CT

#860380 Feb 17, 2013
Topic Reminder Service (TRS) is a publicly-funded non-political organization founded to update Forum Users with accurate factual reminders. This particular Topic could be - indeed has been - deemed out-of-date or "dead" since November 4th, 2008. However, persuant of common OPINION, it has remained one of the more-popular Topix to this day. At this point in time, over four years after the topic's origin and considering none of the facts will change for another four years (making for an estimated eight-year lifecycle), TRS is presenting the following reminders of FACT-

Barack Hussein Obama II is the 44th and current President of the United States. He is the first African American to hold the office. Obama is a graduate of Columbia University and Harvard Law School, where he was president of the Harvard Law Review.

Born in Honolulu, Hawaii USA on August 4, 1961, he served three terms representing the 13th District in the Illinois Senate from 1997 to 2004, running unsuccessfully for the United States House of Representatives in 2000.

He began his first presidential campaign in 2007, defeating Republican nominee John McCain in the general election, and was inaugurated as president on January 20, 2009. Nine months later, Obama was named the 2009 Nobel Peace Prize laureate.

Obama was re-elected president in November 2012, defeating Republican nominee Mitt Romney. He is the first two-term Democrat POTUS since Franklin D. Roosevelt to win two presidential elections with a majority of the popular vote. During his second inaugural address on January 21, 2013, Obama called for full equality for gays: "Our journey is not complete until our gay brothers and sisters are treated like anyone else under the law- for if we are truly created equal, then surely the love we commit to one another must be equal as well."

On February 17, 2009, Obama signed the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009, a $787,000,000,000 economic stimulus package aimed at helping the economy recover from the deepening worldwide recession, thereby continuing an economic aid policy first instituted under the preceding (Republican) President George W. Bush.

Domestic policy items include the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act AKA Obama Care, signed into law on March 23, 2010. Barack Obama appointed two women to serve on the Supreme Court in the first two years of his Presidency. Sonia Sotomayor, nominated by Obama on May 26, 2009, was confirmed on August 6, 2009, becoming the first Hispanic Supreme Court Justice. Elena Kagan, nominated by Obama on May 10, 2010, was confirmed on August 5, 2010, bringing the number of women sitting simultaneously on the Court to three, for the first time in American history.

On January 16, 2013 President Obama outlined a series of sweeping gun control proposals, urging Congress to reintroduce an expired ban on "military-style" assault weapons, impose limits on ammunition magazines to 10 rounds, introduce background checks on all gun sales, pass a ban on possession and sale of armor-piercing bullets, as well as additional measures.

Notable foreign policy items include the draw-down of troops in Afghanistan and the end of military operations in Iraq as of August 31, 2010. On March 16, 2011, he authorized the U.S. Military to engage in air strikes against Libya's governmental air defense capabilities in order to protect civilians and enforce a no-fly zone. On May 1, 2011, Obama authorized a "surgical raid" by United States Navy SEALs in Abbottabad, Pakistan, resulting in the death of international terrorist and al-Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden and the seizure of papers, computer drives and disks from bin Laden's compound.
Billy Rubin

Las Vegas, NV

#860382 Feb 17, 2013
waxywaxturd wrote:
I want to take some time out now to make a serious post. Most of you know me as "NWaxman" (Waxturds,the chubby teabagger from Connecticut), but I'm so much more than that. I'm caring, I'm giving, I'm sensual. Its just that as I get older and fatter, things have slowed down quite a bit for me. A couple of years ago you'd have never caught me posting for 12 straight hours because the phone would ring 5-6 times a night (and it'd be a different dude every time!!!). Now, I'm lucky if the janitor knocks on my door for a quickie after cleaning the community toilets. I guess what I'm REALLY saying is..... I need friends (lovers too!!). I'll do literally anythng to earn your trust, and you can mop up the floor with me six ways from Sunday.
Please...leave your phone numbers and,,
Just love me....Sincere and Warmest hugs!!! NWaxman
Well whoopde fkn do!! Hey sweetcheeks! Thats interesting and all that but do us a favor, go hit the gay sites to do your cruising!!!! You took a wrong turn there chubby cakes. Now do everyone here a big favor and take a nice long hike.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#860383 Feb 17, 2013
Fake panda-Hillary sex scene may land group in real trouble

http://now.msn.com/freedomworks-made-a-video-...

"It just goes to prove my theory. Those who are the most vocal and loudest about what they want everyone else to know they oppose are secretly engaged in the same behavior themselves. Projecting self loathing."

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#860384 Feb 17, 2013
FreedomWorks Is "Freaking Out" Over the Giant-Panda-Hillary-Clinton-Se x Video

http://www.motherjones.com/mojo/2013/02/freed...

"Funny thing is that if they actually had shown the video at the event, most of the audience would have been cheering and clapping. And then it would have gone viral on Fox. Come to think of it, what is Fox's take on this?"

"Oh I'm quite sure Faux News is doing its normal thing and pretending that the video doesn't exist."

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
brownie

West Mifflin, PA

#860385 Feb 17, 2013
4 more years of trying to clean up the war crime family of bush/cheney/condi rice/rumsfeld.....they should all be charged with war crimes and may they rot in hell........youre almost there dick,,,,hows the ticker working out for you..LMAO!
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#860386 Feb 17, 2013
Sexual Harassment Panda

http://www.southparkstudios.com/full-episodes...

Who lives in the east 'neath the willow tree?
Sexual Harassment Panda.
Who explains sexual harassment to you and me?
Sexual Harassment Panda.
"Don't say that! Don't touch there!
Don't be nasty!" says the silly bear.
He's come to tell you what's right and wrong.
Sexual Harassment Panda.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Nov 09

Pharr, TX

#860387 Feb 17, 2013
Billy Rubin wrote:
<quoted text>
Well whoopde fkn do!! Hey sweetcheeks! Thats interesting and all that but do us a favor, go hit the gay sites to do your cruising!!!! You took a wrong turn there chubby cakes. Now do everyone here a big favor and take a nice long hike.
Billy Rubin??? Nice one waxturd. I don't think he's going away until he flushes your crazy ass out of here.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#860388 Feb 17, 2013
Report: FreedomWorks video featured a ‘panda’ performing oral sex on ‘Hillary Clinton’

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/02/14/report-...

"Despicable misogynistic hypocritical adolescents; the American right in a nutshell."

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 9 min Atticus Tiberius ... 180,725
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 24 min Hatti_Hollerand 700
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 54 min Hatti_Hollerand 4,863
Dear Abby 11/24/14 1 hr Mister Tonka 8
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Earthling-1 48,466
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr J RULES 70,589
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 2 hr RACE 1,520
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 4:52 pm PST