You have no possible way of supporting your statement "In the housing collapse, the percent of failed mortgages that were CRA was no higher than the percentage of all loans that were CRA. If CRA loans were the cause then certainly more of these would have failed."<quoted text>
1) The CRA said banks had to work within their community to help those who could not quite meet current standards buy mortgages by lowering the interest rate or down payment. In these cases, home buyers still had to prove they could make these payments.
2) These loans were typically long term standard (fixed interest) mortgages. The vast majority of problem mortgages were short term mortgages like interest free with a balloon payment.
3) In the housing collapse, the percent of failed mortgages that were CRA was no higher than the percentage of all loans that were CRA. If CRA loans were the cause then certainly more of these would have failed.
4) Banks hated the CRA. They were not as profitable. How did they go from hating the CRA to deciding that they loved it?
5) The loams you described are not CRA loans.
You just pulled that lie out of the air.
The failed CRA loans were bundled into traunches and sold to "Special Purpose Vehicles".
A "Special Purpose Vehicle" is an offshore company created by a holder of these failed CRA loans. The mother company creates the Special Purpose Vehicle in a foreign country, then sells the traunches comprised of the failed CRA loans to the Special Purpose Vehicle, which removed the individual CRA loans from their accounting books. The mother company then bought the traunch back as a single line item in their books.
The short story is, it is impossible to count the failed CRA loans and do a statistical analysis, like you claim was done.
Or, perhaps that is wrong.
Please tell us how you convinced the governments of the countries where these Special Purpose Vehicles were created to force the Special Purpose Vehicles to open their books for your inspection.
Perhaps you need to be reminded of the fact that the Director of OFHEO testified that Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac were keeping fraudulent books and hiding the massive CRA failure even in 2003.
Do you every open your mouth and not lie?