Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#859967 Feb 15, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, war bonds issued to pay for the wars and mandatory draft would curtail our war program. War is fine if they know someone elses son/daughter is going to catch the bullets. Make the rich white kids go, and you'll see and end to it forever.
A just war would find sufficient volunteers without the need for a military draft, and the volunteers would just as likely be the children of the "rich" as the poor.
lily waxman raton fl

Pompano Beach, FL

#859968 Feb 15, 2013
<quoted text>
Agree that this kid was stupid; the likelyhood of getting shot if you're black is high. Why put yourself in that situation?
Example: there is a house in my neighborhood that is a frat house; they have huge parties, at times it could be 50-60 kids there, drinking, making noise, playing music. If the cops are called; no one ever gets arrested; they all drive off, drunk, no one pulls them over. If they were black, you can be sure, heads would roll.
It's just the way it is.
If you're a young black male, you have to watch yourself. Some people are just stupid.
lily really loves the race card

“It's always darkest 'fore dawn”

Since: Jul 08

When's dawn?

#859969 Feb 15, 2013
new yawk wrote:
Forced? Sexist?
??????????
As if your concern is altruistic about either with regard to Tea Party, Republican or Conservative Persons, especially Women.
Fact Is: That video made a mockery out of "What difference does it make?" Clinton. She deserves any and all rebuke she receives.
She should be slandered to the bone.
<quoted text>
You may be batshyte crazy, but I doubt you're Yawk. Secretary Clinton said, "With all due respect, the fact is we had four dead Americans," Clinton responded, raising her voice at Johnson, who continued to interrupt her. "Was it because of a protest or was it because of guys out for a walk last night who decided to kill some Americans? What difference at this point does it make? It is our job to figure out what happened and do everything we can to prevent it from ever happening again, Senator."
Clinton continued, defending the State Department's efforts in the wake of the assault. "Honestly, I will do my best to answer your questions about this, but the fact is people were trying their best in real time to get to the best information," she said.
Earlier in the hearing, Clinton spoke about the aftermath of the attack, her voice cracking as she recalled meeting the families of the four Americans killed, including that of U.S. Ambassador Chris Stevens."
Look all the things Dumbya & Co. got wrong about the first 9/11 attack, lying us into a war that's killed and maimed hundred of thousands...liked Hillary a lot better when she wasn't the competition for your next defeat, huh? LMAO@GOP
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#859970 Feb 15, 2013
<quoted text>
Apparently he didn't have a gun
A loud car radio in the parking lot at 3:30 AM is a weapon.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#859971 Feb 15, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Good question!!
I haven't seen anyone who behaves like Carol the past few days, under any name.
Did she give up, or is she ill??
may have given up.

the multiple personalities are very conflicting. her own and otherwise.

it's just sad.

it's been a sad day.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#859972 Feb 15, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
Fake giant Pandas having sex with Hillary Clinton. Is this the best the Right Wing can do against her?
http://theimmoralminority.blogspot.com/2013/0...
pretty much.
Would you rather they had real ones?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#859973 Feb 15, 2013
<quoted text>
Absolutely, if the rich white kids have to go to war; you'll see and end to it completely. Also, funding the wars should be done through war bonds, not hiding it off the books and borrowing to pay for it.
You want to go to war? Okay, send your son and show me the money.
Issuing "war bonds" IS borrowing the money.
Rick Balls

Brooklyn, NY

#859974 Feb 15, 2013
Breaking news an assteroid was just spotted falling out of Al Sharptons ass.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#859975 Feb 15, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Providing military equipment to Lebanon is sheer insanity.
We've been doing it for years pal, Egypt, Turkey, Jordan and my new fave Qatar an interesting little nation that is home to Al Jezeera Hah. Little old Qatar with $17 trillion worth of NG on hand defies all common logic regarding the current state of Islam. First off they're our pals, hosting our troops and communications bases during the Iraq war debacle and now "quietly" helping us reshape the Middle East.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#859976 Feb 15, 2013
More sexist rants from the mysogynists of th eright??

Wasn't too long ago you neanderthals were saying the same about women being cops or firemen.

Your ilk is afraid of women becoming equal. Hence the right's 'war on women', which you are part of.

Did I mention how badly your boy Rmoney lost the women's vote??

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Equality is equality. For you to deny women the right to have professions they want proves you're a woman hater who hides behind old, disproven beliefs about what women are capable of.

You're the type who prefers to keep his wife frightened and dependent on an ahole like you.
TSM wrote:
Liberals have a Sick way of showing they believe in Equality for woman by sending their Mothers /Daughters to War!!

Lapeer, MI

#859977 Feb 15, 2013
RealDave wrote:
Remember this DBWriter post?
" Omg Omg Obama is buying lots of ammunition to kill US citizens OMG OMG Omg"
Well here a link that proves just how GD f*cking stupid DBWriter is.
http://news.yahoo.com/homeland-security-cache...
...and your point is...??????
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#859978 Feb 15, 2013
<quoted text>
Agree that this kid was stupid; the likelyhood of getting shot if you're black is high. Why put yourself in that situation?
Example: there is a house in my neighborhood that is a frat house; they have huge parties, at times it could be 50-60 kids there, drinking, making noise, playing music. If the cops are called; no one ever gets arrested; they all drive off, drunk, no one pulls them over. If they were black, you can be sure, heads would roll.
It's just the way it is.
If you're a young black male, you have to watch yourself. Some people are just stupid.
Why are you assuming that the person playing loud music in the middle of the night was black? Are you a racist? And what flavor was the person who helped his neighbors get back to sleep?

Notwithstanding, the shooter should have blasted the radio, not the fool playing it.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#859979 Feb 15, 2013
Seems for a period of time there were two States of Virginia. One, with it's capitol in Wheeling, favored the Union and the other, with it's capitol in Richmond, was for the Confederacy. The northern state that sided with the union voted to rename itself the State of Kanawha. A month later the state was renamed West Virginia. They didn't form a new state. They just renamed the legal state that was still part of the union.

I think they should have stuck with Kanawha.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#859980 Feb 15, 2013
lol

The Democrats’ GOP Dream Team

Take a look at these further passages from Robert Draper’s NYT Magazine story about the future of the GOP. The main theme is that young Republicans trying to figure out how to jump-start the party are being thwarted by various factors, among them the GOP’s corporate conservatism (which means party bigs are preventing innovation and innovators from rising within the party and bringing their skills and sensibilities to rebuilding it). Draper stops off to interview Obama political strategist David Plouffe:

....Plouffe readily conceded that he and his generation held no iron grip on political wisdom, but then he flashed a grin when I brought up the R.N.C.’s Growth and Opportunity Project, composed of party stalwarts.“If there’s a review board the Democrats put together in 2032, or even 2020, and I’m on it,” he said,“we’re screwed.”

To Plouffe’s point: here are the chairmen of the Growth And Opportunity Project. They’re veteran party regulars, senior party figures. The youngest ones, Mississippi’s Henry “Nephew of Haley” Barbour, and Florida’s Sally Bradshaw (who worked in the Bush White House — the George H.W. Bush White House, that is) are in their late 40s. The black member is a retired banker and head of the South Carolina GOP who, judging by his resume, is about 50. The Latina member looks to be about as old as my mom. And there’s Ari Fleischer. Middle-aged (or older) Republican insiders — this is the brain trust the RNC has put in charge of figuring out how to reach new voters. I don’t think the Democrats have a thing to worry about from this bunch.

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/dreher...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#859981 Feb 15, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
(it has to do with the Civil War in Syria, Dunce!!)
<quoted text>
All the more reason not to provide any weapons, all of which will end up in radical Islamist hands, just as in Benghazi.

Lapeer, MI

#859982 Feb 15, 2013
Old Crazy Goober wrote:
Anyone see my judgeits? I lost them!
You make senility look like fun!
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#859983 Feb 15, 2013
Continuing the theme of the day, an Evans-Manning prize to Edward Hamilton for this reflection on the future of the GOP, after reading that excerpt from the focus group in Robert Draper’s story:

What strikes me here is how little traction the Republicans are finding on any of their issues. It’s not that there’s a small subset of poison pills that are dooming an otherwise popular small-government agenda. It’s that there’s literally no positive thing that these young voters can manage to associate with one-half of the political spectrum. There’s hostility toward the business wing of the party, antipathy toward the Bush-era legacy of protracted and unproductive warfare, all compounded by the complete absence of any kind of social conservative agenda items that young voters would ever endorse.

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/dreher...

The biggest problem with the Republicans — and we’ve seen this in the last two election cycles at least — is that they cannot free themselves from seeing the world through the lens of Reaganism. The world has changed, and is changing, but they only seem to talk to, and listen to, each other. I’m old enough to remember the Democrats of the 1980s — I was a Democrat in the 1980s — and this feels very familiar.
Judge Brown Joe

Brooklyn, NY

#859984 Feb 15, 2013
Whaat! I say girl do you know your responsabilita? You need to respect my authorita well. What you going to ding dab dubuly do woman?

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#859985 Feb 15, 2013
But Bush chose to borrow the money for Iraq and Afganistan from China.

War Bonds sold to Americans would have been a far better way to finance the War than Bush's idea of becoming China's client.

But borrowing money from commies is right up your and Bush's alley.
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Issuing "war bonds" IS borrowing the money.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#859986 Feb 15, 2013
<quoted text>
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/fl-mugshots-bill-...
In her booking mugshot, Barbara J. De Paolo, then 79, has puffy, sad eyes. Her face is washed out in the glare of the camera flash at the Palm Beach County Jail.
Arrested in 2011 in Boca Raton, she was facing charges she beat her elderly husband. She spent only one night in jail, and the case never went forward. Her husband died two months later, and De Paolo tried to moved on.
But her face and the cause of her arrest are etched online, splattered across the first page of a Google search. Numerous websites aggregate booking mugs from across the country, then leave them there even after suspects have been acquitted. To have the pictures removed can cost hundreds of dollars, say people lobbying against the sites.
The problem moved a St. Petersburg-area lawmaker. Rep. Carl F. Zimmermann, D-Palm Harbor, filed a bill Monday that would require websites to remove the information of acquitted suspects within 15 days or face fines.
"At that point, this type of information becomes libel," Zimmermann said. He called it extortion that the websites charge a fee for taking the pictures down.
(I agree, think that people should have the right to privacy, especially if they are not convicted)
No privacy in Florida lily one of the unintended consequences of the "sunshine laws" and then of course the internet.

There is a topix thread on the Florida Forum that links a site that can remove mugshots__for a fee of course. Person's in most states are not subject to Florida's brand of open government.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
ISIS Plans to Blow Up an Entire American City a... 5 min hands on AR 100
Abby 10-22 10 min Mister Tonka 2
Amy 10-21 39 min Community Disorga... 7
Emanuel set to outline re-election agenda in fi... 56 min Le Jimbo 1
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 58 min jacques Ottawa 179,286
Rattlesnake Logic 1 hr C and P an Paste 19
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr Grau 68,644
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]