Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
new hammer time

Richmond, VA

#859140 Feb 13, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Illiteracy is a crippling disease.
Suggest you get off Topix and go back to high school.
romnesia is much worse......take your horse meds.
new hammer time

Richmond, VA

#859141 Feb 13, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
GOPidiots is a black racist bitch in addition to being a perverted child molester.

fkn nasty Mothrafudder..........
For Real

El Monte, CA

#859142 Feb 13, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
GOPidiots is a black racist bitch in addition to being a perverted child molester.
proof?

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#859143 Feb 13, 2013
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
We keep hearing about this speshull majik pens, has there been a BUDGET passed yet?
Forget the pens.

The Boy Messiah will pull a finger out of his butt and sign with that.
For Real

El Monte, CA

#859144 Feb 13, 2013
GOPIdiots wrote:
<quoted text>
Same with Perry and Texas that wants to secede. Plugged the $6.6 BILLION budget deficit with federal stimulus dollars.
And the idiot governor still refused to accept back in 2011, 100 million dollars from federal government for road improvements, can you believe that?

Lapeer, MI

#859145 Feb 13, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
The U.S. Defense Department is expected to announce Wednesday a new medal for drone and cyber war operators who have a direct impact on combat operations from far away, the AP reports:
The Associated Press has learned that the new blue, red and white-ribboned Distinguished Warfare Medal will be awarded to individuals for ‘‘extraordinary achievement’’ related to a military operation that occurred after Sept. 11, 2001. But unlike other combat medals, it does not require the recipient risk his or her life to get it.
The officials spoke on condition of anonymity because the announcement had not yet been made.
A recognition of the evolving 21st Century warfare, the medal will be considered a bit higher in ranking than the Bronze Star, but is lower than the Silver Star, defense officials said.
http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/p...
Red-White_Blue Ribbons are inappropriate.

Something akin to a windshield bug-splat would be more fitting.
Or a Golden Flyswatter Award.

Lapeer, MI

#859146 Feb 13, 2013
OldRaider wrote:
<quoted text>
Its like this Shinningshitforbrains, I'll continue to point out your stupidity, waxturds narcissistic judge-it scam and DBWriters perseveration psychosis as long as you three idiots need help.
...but we don't need help and that's the point here.

We have a Caped Dementia Crusader running through the living-room sprinkling Fairy Dust on all of his targets. Cute .... but getting old real quick. Like you.

Lapeer, MI

#859147 Feb 13, 2013
For Real wrote:
Let democracy prevail, 4 more years!
Where?

Lapeer, MI

#859148 Feb 13, 2013
MuhPokerFace wrote:
<quoted text>
Boehner told reporters Wednesday.“At a time when American people are asking,‘Where are the jobs?’ why would we want to make it harder for small employers to hire people.”
He added,“Our goal is to get people on that ladder and help them climb that ladder so they can live the American dream. And a lot of people who are being paid the minimum wage, are being paid that because they come to the workforce with no skills, and this makes it harder for them to acquire the skills they need in order to climb that ladder successfully.”
I'd like to sit down with this one across the table, and give him a CLUE card....to share with the REST of the bonerheads, that say SUCH IDIOTIC things sometimes.
No matter the label DUHm label.
Can you be a little more clear?

Lapeer, MI

#859149 Feb 13, 2013
discordian wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to go back to school, you're entirely ignorant of economics.
Why don't you hire some people at the higher rate? With health insurance, stock options and retirement?
Imagine an enterprising young kid running 51 Lemonade Stands in his area. Obamacare and other disincentives like "You didn't build that!" would force the price of Lemonade to be $30 per glass.

Bye, Bye Lemonade. Bye, Bye government revenue.

...and then he'll give them all a free cellphone and promise them all a subsidized college education.

Meanwhile, the Lawn Mowing, Snow Shoveling and Leaf Raking enterprises in the same area would be funding those free cellphones and subsidized college education...until they figured out they're being taken for fools.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
For Real

El Monte, CA

#859150 Feb 13, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Where?
see ? Ignorance knows no boundaries.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Lapeer, MI

#859151 Feb 13, 2013
martinezjosei wrote:
Raising the minimum wages will create more jobs!
And ONLY Liberals believe that cause they are the smart ones on economics, LOL!!!
The Boy Messiah is once again purchasing political support using other people's money. He's ordering businesses to raise wages while he simultaneously sticks them with ObamaCost up the kazoo and raises taxes, to boot.

The well has run dry so the Jerk-In-Chief is going to pizz on you and call it champagne.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Lapeer, MI

#859152 Feb 13, 2013
GOPIdiots wrote:
<quoted text>
When people spend more money, the economy creates more jobs.
Walmart is the nation's largest employer, you dumbass.
When too many dollars chase to few goods, the dollar's value plummets. Let's give everybody a 1000% raise so we can stimulate the economy all to Hell, brutha!

Your reality is just as artificial as the Boy Messiah's handshake.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Lapeer, MI

#859153 Feb 13, 2013
MuhPokerFace wrote:
<quoted text>
Excuses excuses. Only in excessive, extremeness.
Like inflation. If they CAPPED inflation on ALL tangible goods, so that the wage service sectors would balance out better..that would NOT happen.
So let's see..looking backards a bit...NOPE, NOT believing that BS.
Nixon tried the capping tactic and it backfired.

Your bladder is full but you are ordered to cap your restroom visits to once a day. Get a hose and learn to recycle on the fly - literally.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Lapeer, MI

#859154 Feb 13, 2013
GOPIdiots wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's cut taxes for rich people, that always creates jobs!
Who's the dumbass regarding economics?
Put more money in poor people's pocket and they spend every bit of it..it all goes back into the economy.
Give more money to Romney and it goes to the Cayman Islands.
Go to school. A real one this time.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
For Real

El Monte, CA

#859155 Feb 13, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>

The well has run dry so the Jerk-In-Chief is going to pizz on you and call it champagne.
yes wingnut, for all your fella reps. To get drunk on. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Plays well with others.”

Since: Jun 07

LIVING WELL*THE BEST REVENGE

#859156 Feb 13, 2013
My tracker is not picking this one up. Any ideas?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#859157 Feb 13, 2013
Let the bleak times roll

The Washington Posr

By Dana Milbank, Published: February 12

There is something entirely appropriate about holding the State of the Union address on the same day as Mardi Gras.

One is a display of wretched excess, when giddy and rowdy participants give in to reckless and irresponsible behavior.

The other is a street festival in New Orleans.

There is, thankfully, less nudity in the House chamber for the president’s annual address, and (slightly) less inebriation. But what occurs beneath the Capitol Dome is as debauched as anything on Bourbon Street.

The State of the Union ritual is by now familiar to most Americans. President Obama leads the Democratic side of the chamber to a series of standing ovations for proposals that everybody knows won’t become law. Republicans show their seriousness of purpose by smirking or making stony faces — and by inviting as guests to the speech people such as rocker Ted Nugent, who has called the president a “piece of [excrement]” who should “suck on my machine gun.”

But this spectacle, unlike the one in Louisiana, is not all harmless fun. Obama made clear that he is not entertaining serious spending cuts or major entitlement reforms. Republicans, in their responses, repeated that they are not budging on taxes. The hard choices will have to wait for another day.

The standoff gives new meaning to Fat Tuesday: The nation’s finances are a mess, but — what the heck?— let’s have another round. No wonder a new Washington Post poll found that 56 percent of Americans have a dim view of the country’s political system.

Early in his address, Obama pronounced himself “more than halfway towards the goal of $4 trillion in deficit reduction that economists say we need to stabilize our finances.” He blithely proclaimed that the rest of the job could be done by making “modest reforms” to Medicare and “getting rid of tax loopholes and deductions for the well-off.”

He didn’t mention that this would leave the country with a historically high debt level — and would be but a temporary fix before health-care costs explode in a decade. Departing from his prepared text, Obama challenged the idea that “deficit reduction is a big emergency, justifying making cuts in Social Security.”

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#859158 Feb 13, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Where?
That's "Organized Democracy", out of Washington, D.C.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#859160 Feb 13, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Ross Perot said it best, "every time THEY pass a law, YOU lose a little more freedom."
And by THEY he meant government at all levels. Perot actually knew who THEY were___as do I because my career, as do the careers of millions of others, exists only to satisfy government regulations.
IMO every new law proposed should be attached to the repeal of an existing law.
Concur. That keeps the field level, IMO....

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 10 min Mothra 50,238
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 11 min Jacques Ottawa 183,692
Mom & Daughter arrested 4 stabbing school offic... 15 min School Teacher 1
Word (Dec '08) 35 min Red_Forman 4,957
abby 1-26 40 min CrunchyBacon 18
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 1 hr RACE 1,589
Triple Word Game (Dec '11) 1 hr RACE 976
anybody know Glen Musielak? Glentech? (Mar '13) 18 hr Irving 74
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance