Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
790,481 - 790,500 of 1,100,528 Comments Last updated 3 min ago

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#858773 Feb 13, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup, he certainly is "your Ted Nugent", totally belongs to your ranks. I'd venture to say that your 10 year old grandson speaks exactly like Uncle Ted. Yes, Uncle Ted, the pedophile, draft dodger who shat his pants and took meth to avoid the draft. Here's a good quote from him, you can give it to your grandson, what's his name? BillyBob?
"... if I would have gone over there, I'd have been killed, or I'd have
killed, or I'd kill all the hippies in the foxholes ... I would have
killed everybody," he told the Detroit Free Press in an interview
published July 15, 1990."
You certainly have a vivid imagination? All of what you post in your first paragraph is holcomb. But you knew that, because you are a Barack Hussein Obama(Bike) supporter. Ain't you??

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#858774 Feb 13, 2013
Think about this. If they raise the minimum wage most union contracts are set to the minimum wage. So union wages go up. However the more important part is to hire qualified people businesses will have to raise the starting salaries the $1.50 to keep the pay above minimum wage. Here is the point. If everybody earns more money the government gets more money in income, SSI, Medicaid, and medicare taxes. However that money doesn't just doesn't poof out of nowhere so where is all that money going to come from? No one seems to want to answer that.

So now you are taxing people more, trying to raise the amount people have to pay their workers, and putting massive new regulations on them. Just where do you libtards think all this money is going to come from???
Truth is no SIN

Bronx, NY

#858775 Feb 13, 2013
The Obama Administrations Dick Cheney Moment

Under no circumstance should members of the executive branch be allowed to condemn American citizens to death, even in times of 'war' without the review of an impartial judge.”

In an interview in 2007 Senator Obama (D-IL) said,“The President does not have power under the Constitution to unilaterally authorize a military attack in a situation that does not involve stopping an actual or imminent threat to the nation… I reject the Bush Administration's claim that the President has plenary authority under the Constitution to detain U.S. citizens without charges as unlawful enemy combatants.” In 2013 Americans are facing a president with a different mindset.

A recently leaked White Paper is providing insight into the legal justifications for the Obama administration’s “targeted killing” program. The paper asserts that “high-level” government officials can “…use lethal force in a foreign country…against a U.S. citizen who is a senior operational leader of al-Qa’ida or an associated force…actively engaged in planning operations to kill Americans.” This legal framework also explains how lethal force can be used even if the “high-level” government officials do not have “…clear evidence that a specific attack on U.S. persons and interests will take place in the immediate future.”

In September 2011 the administration used drone strikes to kill alleged al-Qaida operatives Anwar al-Awlaki and Samir Khan. Al-Awlaki’s 16-year old son Abdulrahman al-Awlaki was also killed by a drone strike. All three were U.S. citizens and none of them had been indicted by the U.S. government for any crimes. According to The Guardian,“…the drone program now is run out of the White House, where (John) Brennan, the president's most trusted counter-terror adviser, helps Obama pick the targets.”

The rational behind the administration’s “assassination by drone” program sounds eerily reminiscent to former V.P. Dick Cheney’s “one-percent doctrine.” Cheney believed the so-called “war on terror” empowered the Bush administration to invade sovereign countries and violate American’s civil liberties without the need for evidence or extensive analysis. The facts did not matter. According to Cheney,“If there's a 1% chance that Pakistani scientists are helping al-Qaeda build or develop a nuclear weapon, we have to treat it as a certainty in terms of our response. It's not about our analysis ... It's about our response.”

“The rational behind the administration’s ‘assassination by drone’ program sounds eerily reminiscent to former V.P. Dick Cheney’s ‘one-percent doctrine.’”

The Obama administrations rational for targeted killings of American citizens contradict some of the basic framework of American democracy. Due process, habeas corpus, checks and balances, and bills of attainder are civil liberty protections guaranteed by the Constitution.

Due process is such an important protection that it is referenced in the Fifth and Fourteenth Amendments to the Constitution. The Due Process Clause acts as a safeguard from arbitrary denial of life, liberty, or property by the Government. For the President or other “high-level” government officials to act as judge, jury, and executioner irrespective of “…clear evidence...” of any immediate wrongdoing is the clearest example of arbitrarily denying life and liberty that one can imagine.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#858776 Feb 13, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> I know this is hard for you to understand but a tax cut lets the people who earn the money keep more of it. The money doesn't belong to the government. The government has no money. It can only take from one to give to another. God! You big government types are a pain in the ass!!!
He doesn't understand it at all. How many times has he said tax cuts are the government handing people money?
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#858777 Feb 13, 2013
Jimmy wrote:
The Libtard lily finds this as notable, yet says nothing about the 800 innocent people that have been killed by Obama's drone strikes.
"Nevertheless, details collected by Pakistani journalists show that civilian casualties through drone strikes are higher as indicated [even] by U.S. officials. In the last four years, more than 800 innocent civilians and only 22 Al-Qaeda commanders have been killed by these aerial attacks."
http://www.globalresearch.ca/killing-civilian...
I guess the left thinks Obama now deserves another Nopel Peace Prize!
Then this boneheaded Democrat lily scratches her head and blames Bush when TV images come back from all over the world with people burning effigies of Obama and the U.S Flag.
Go figure...
lily - I have a clue for you. The COP kiler who killed others as well was a DEMOCRAT. If it were not for his behavior, this Perdue fellow would not even be in the libtard news.
Moran!
<quoted text>
"Up to" 800 civilians the bulk of them nowhere near innocent for they were harboring, aiding and abetting persons known to be targets for violent military action. Same way with the mutts who were tending to OBL in Abbottabad__fk em__chalk em up as collateral damage.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#858778 Feb 13, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Uh, that would be three solutions. Free market is the only way
CUT regulations and quit tying the hands of industry.
Truth is no SIN

Bronx, NY

#858780 Feb 13, 2013
According to the Center for Research on Globalization,“At the end of January 2013, the Bureau of Investigative Journalism was able to identify by name 213 people killed by drones in Pakistan who were reported to be middle-or senior-ranking militants. A further 331 civilians have also now been named, 87 of them children. But this is a small proportion of the minimum 2,629 people who appear to have so far died in CIA drone strikes in Pakistan. The Bureau’s work suggests 475 of them were likely to have been civilians.” The administration has championed the use of drones as making Americans safer by killing terrorists. Killing innocent people in foreign countries creates more terrorists.

President Obama signed the 2012 National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) containing sweeping worldwide indefinite detention provisions and signed into law a four-year extension of post-Sept. 11 powers (PATRIOT ACT) to search records and conduct roving wiretaps in pursuit of terrorists. The rational behind the Obama administrations approach to civil liberties and warfare sounds eerily like a Dick Cheney moment.

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#858781 Feb 13, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
He doesn't understand it at all. How many times has he said tax cuts are the government handing people money?
More times then I wish to count.

“Behave Yourself”

Since: Jul 07

Fort Worth, Texas

#858782 Feb 13, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> I know this is hard for you to understand but a tax cut lets the people who earn the money keep more of it. The money doesn't belong to the government. The government has no money. It can only take from one to give to another. God! You big government types are a pain in the ass!!!
Some of us understand that the cost of doing business increases from time to time and this requires more from the people who benefit from the services rendered by a government which provides those services. Even when cut to "the bone," the government will still have to request more to cover those increases.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#858783 Feb 13, 2013
Homer 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>Dear Dumbphuck, when Bush cut taxes he didn't cut spending, he then passed Medicare part D and kicked off a couple wars, throw in a complete economic meltdown and subsuequent revenue losses and that is why we have the deficits we have today.
Hope this clears things up for you morons who want to cut taxes when we have mountains of debt and deficit spending leftover from the Bush years.
Marco Rubio delivering the GOP response, he's coming out strongly against Feudalism.

7:31 PM PT: Rubio is speaking in a very dimly lit studio. He's now GOPsplaining to America that businesses are created when people take risks. "But President Obama believes this is the cause of our problems."

7:32 PM PT: "Hi, my name is Marco Rubio, and I'm a fucking nutjob."

7:32 PM PT: Oh God. This asshole is now trotting out the old lie that Freddie and Fannie created the housing crisis. Man, how do you argue with people who refuse to accept facts as they exist?

I will say, Rubio does an okay job when he's uncontested.(And doing an okay job is better than most GOP SOTU responses.) But when he gets into a debate with Hillary (or Joe), he's going to get absolutely crushed.

7:35 PM PT: Marco Rubio's response only seems sane to people who either already liked him or who simply didn't see Obama's speech. Anyone who saw Obama's speech knows that everything Rubio is saying here is horseshit.

7:35 PM PT: Oh, and by the way, why the fuck is Marco Rubio running against Barack Obama? Obama won't be on the ballot in 2016. Jeesh, what an idiot.

7:36 PM PT: Rubio is now delivering a blistering speech against Straw Man President Obama. While wiping some flop sweat from his brow.

7:36 PM PT: Shorter Rubio: "I AM KING NUTJOB. VOTE ME IN 2016. NOT SANTORUM."

7:37 PM PT: Reince sees starbursts:

Maybe I shouldn't say this, but doesn't Rubio give the impression of a guy who likes to pleasure himself whilst looking in the mirror?

http://www.dailykos.com/

Since: Nov 09

Pharr, TX

#858784 Feb 13, 2013
Jimmy wrote:
The Libtard lily finds this as notable, yet says nothing about the 800 innocent people that have been killed by Obama's drone strikes.
"Nevertheless, details collected by Pakistani journalists show that civilian casualties through drone strikes are higher as indicated [even] by U.S. officials. In the last four years, more than 800 innocent civilians and only 22 Al-Qaeda commanders have been killed by these aerial attacks."
Then this boneheaded Democrat lily scratches her head and blames Bush when TV images come back from all over the world with people burning effigies of Obama and the U.S Flag.
Go figure...
lily - I have a clue for you. The COP kiler who killed others as well was a DEMOCRAT. If it were not for his behavior, this Perdue fellow would not even be in the libtard news.
Moran!
<quoted text>
Waxturd did you notice that the COP killer had the same narcissistic mental disorder that you have?
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#858785 Feb 13, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>"Up to" 800 civilians the bulk of them nowhere near innocent for they were harboring, aiding and abetting persons known to be targets for violent military action. Same way with the mutts who were tending to OBL in Abbottabad__fk em__chalk em up as collateral damage.
Yes, totally agree. For all the aide we give to Pakistan, this was a travesty that he was hidden there for 10 years; the Pakistanis knew he was there. Collateral damage is right.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#858786 Feb 13, 2013
Jane Says wrote:
<quoted text>because its far more humane if Obama kills them before they get there.
Janesays she'd have rather that Al-Alwaki and son be arrested, tried and imprisoned in NYC, so she'd have something further to whine about.

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#858787 Feb 13, 2013
Edthirty wrote:
<quoted text>
Some of us understand that the cost of doing business increases from time to time and this requires more from the people who benefit from the services rendered by a government which provides those services. Even when cut to "the bone," the government will still have to request more to cover those increases.
Services? The federal government does no services. Where in the constitution does it say anything about services? Almost everything was left to the states and the people. It's right there in the constitution in plain black and white.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#858788 Feb 13, 2013
Jimmy wrote:
Go figure...
Moran!
<quoted text>
A murderer is a murderer, makes no difference what political affiliation he is. That is, if he really was the killer and is he really dead? If he was the killer, I hope he is the one who is dead in that cabin, otherwise, more bloodshed will ensue.
Why are rightwingers all so damn dumb?
Barry Obama

Rocky Hill, CT

#858789 Feb 13, 2013
So what does everyone think about how I fixed the economy after four long years?
Truth is no SIN

Bronx, NY

#858790 Feb 13, 2013
Popes don’t resign. They get fired
Sometimes they’re “fired” by God, who has been known to dismiss them from this mortal coil. On other occasions, Satan – through one of his secret societies infesting the Vatican – slips the Pontiff one of those patented papal poisons.

But Popes do not resign because they’re getting old. If you believe that Papal Bull, I have a “we killed Bin Laden and threw him in the ocean” story to sell you.

Noted Catholic scholar Michael Jones, editor of Culture Wars magazine, could not contain himself when, in the lobby of Tehran’s Parsian Hotel, he was confronted with the news.“But…but that’s unprecedented!” Jones shouted.

So…why did Pope Benedict XVI REALLY step down?

Dr. Robert Moynihan, editor of Inside the Vatican magazine, is no conspiracy theorist. He’s THE quasi-official Vatican-embedded journalist and commentator.

So when Moynihan let slip a soupçon of skepticism about the “resigned due to old age” story, my ears pricked up and my hair stood on end. Moynihan points out in his latest journalistic encyclical that the Pope sure didn’t look like he needed to resign for health reasons:“I saw the Pope twice this week, once at a concert (on Monday evening, where I was sitting about 20 yards away from him) and at his General Audience on Wednesday. For a man of 85, he looked well, though he did seem tired.”

Why, pray tell, did he “seem tired”? What, precisely, was weighing on his infallible mind?

Moynihan takes a guess:

On Saturday, I intended (sic) a funeral Mass in St. Peter’s Basilica for a cardinal who died last week (Cardinal Giovanni Cheli). Pope Benedict was scheduled to attend, but at the very last minute, he canceled his attendance. This was an indication to me already Saturday evening that he was unusually tired (he had spent several hours that monring (sic) with the Order of the Knights of Malta). Normally he would have been present at a cardinal’s funeral.

Monihan’s typo “monring”(“my ring”) is suggestive. The Pope’s office is symbolized by the Ring of the Fisherman, which is ceremonially transferred when the papacy changes hands. Wikipedia, the Zionist authority on everything, explains:

During the ceremony of a Papal Coronation or Papal Inauguration, the Dean of the College of Cardinals slips the ring on the third finger of the new Pope’s right hand. Upon a papal death, the ring was ceremonially broken in the presence of other cardinals by the Camerlengo, in order to prevent the sealing of backdated, forged documents during the interregnum, or sede vacante.

What a scurrilous bunch those papal hangers-on must be!

Moynihan’s Freudian slip occurs in the middle of the sentence:

This was an indication to me already Saturday evening that he was unusually tired (he had spent several hours that monring (sic) with the Order of the Knights of Malta).

So THAT’S what was weighing so heavily on Pope Benedict: Spending several hours that morning with the Knights of Malta. The meeting exhausted him. So he resigned.

Somehow I don’t think it was just the exhaustion.
Jane Says

New York, NY

#858791 Feb 13, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> If I'm not mistaken the location for the movie was a future Washington D.C. It was one possibility of our future.
the Capital District didn't share in the pain and suffering of the other districts. they were more interested in entertainment and style...hmmm, sounds familiar doesn't it?

'President Obama is about to give his annual State of the Union address. Is it really necessary? Most of us who live outside the D.C. Beltway already know the state of the union: it’s a mess.

Unemployment, if the government actually reported the real numbers, is at historic highs. Add in under-employment and the numbers become astronomical. We are in the most difficult economic times since the Great Depression. This is the reality for the majority of Americans.

Yet inside the Beltway in D.C., employment and incomes are up. Seven of the ten richest counties in the United States surround the Beltway. Lamborghini USA has put its headquarters in D.C. The construction cranes are everywhere. The restaurants are full, despite outrageously high prices. This is the reality inside the Beltway.

Inflation, if the government actually reported the real numbers, is skyrocketing. Of course, they have removed food and fuel from the calculations for inflation in order to mask reality. But we outside the Beltway are living it. Fuel prices are at all-time highs, as are basic commodity food prices. We are paying more, and getting less than ever before.

Inside the Beltway, fuel and food prices don’t really matter. Four dollars per gallon of gas: no problem. Expensive food: no problem. Skyrocketing real estate prices are the norm. Inside the Beltway, they’re getting rich while the rest of the country suffers. That’s because they pay their bills with the money extracted from the rest of us.

The state of the union, unfortunately, is now completely different than the state of the D.C. elites of both parties. While the elites in D.C. prosper and play political theatre, the people of the country live in a reality that is the result of the long-term madness they have created.

Much like the world painted by the recent literary and movie phenomenon, The Hunger Games, the Capitol City is doing fine. Out here in the provinces, things are not going so well.

Perhaps President Obama will address the real state of the union by describing the widening gulf between the Beltway elites and the rest of the nation. Perhaps he could begin his new term, and the new year, by talking about honoring the promises he made to us in 2008 to fight the influence of lobbyists and cronyism in Washington D.C.

Perhaps. But, I won’t be holding my breath waiting.'

from The American Spectator
Truth is no SIN

Bronx, NY

#858792 Feb 13, 2013
The Knights of Malta are one of the most feared and whispered-about secret societies in the world. Originally a gang of fanatical crusaders dedicated to perpetrating genocide in the Holy Land, the Knights apparently have not changed very much – at least if you believe Seymour Hersh. He says the Knights of Malta are a key part of “how eight or nine neoconservatives, radicals if you will, overthrew the American government.”(Hersh is too polite to mention that they did it by way of the 9/11 inside job.)

Seymour Hersh explains:

“[The] attitude (toward the Iraq invasion) was,‘What’s this? What are they all worried about, the politicians and the press, they’re all worried about some looting?” Hersh was quoted as saying.“Don’t they get it? We’re gonna change mosques into cathedrals. And when we get all the oil, nobody’s gonna give a damn.’ That’s the attitude. We’re gonna change mosques into cathedrals. That’s an attitude that pervades, I’m here to say, a large percentage of the Joint Special Operations Command [JSOC].”

Hersh further claimed that Gen. Stanley McChrystal, Vice Admiral William McRaven and others in the JSOC were members of the “Knights of Malta” and “Opus Dei,” two little known Catholic orders.

“They do see what they’re doing — and this is not an atypical attitude among some military — it’s a crusade, literally,” Hersh reportedly continued.“They see themselves as the protectors of the Christians. They’re protecting them from the Muslims [as in] the 13th century. And this is their function.”

He added that members of these societies have developed a secret set of insignias that represent “the whole notion that this is a culture war” between religions.

Reading Hersh between the lines, it appears that the Knights of Malta – a radical secret society penetrated by Freemasonic agents – helped bring us 9/11 and the 9/11 wars. Have they forced Pope Benedict to resign…or at least caused him so much worry (about what future plans?!) that Benedict felt he had to flee the Vatican rather than shoulder responsibility for whatever is coming?

Are the Knights of Malta and their Israeli friends about to ramp up the clash of civilizations? Are they going to nuke an American city and blame it on Iran? Are they planning some other dastardly act that Benedict couldn’t stomach?

Or could the Pope’s resignation have been caused by some other intrigue involving the Knights of Malta?

At this point, we just don’t know. The choice of the next pope may reveal the hidden agenda.

Here’s the hot rumor going around Italy, passed to me by journalist Roberto Quaglia: Pope Benedict was fired in order to pave the way for a new Pope who will sanction homosexual marriage, non-celibate priests, and other projects aimed at sexualizing and de-sacralizing the Church. According to this analysis, the judeo-freemasonic secret societies responsible for Vatican II have been pushing Benedict to allow gay marriage and a sex-lovin’ priesthood – but Benedict’s eternal response is “not on my watch!” So, goeth the rumor, they ended Benedict’s watch.

Tony Blairs Wife is a Devout Student of Islam she is Enlightened
finding

Brookland, AR

#858793 Feb 13, 2013
Oh God wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen brother, all of these important facts the media seem to leave out because most Americans are by far more worried about money than anyother thing. If it wasn't for the greedy whites vote we would in no way have a black president. Poverty crime and murder was kept out of this election because our cares are far from those issues. Take a look at the stock market right now and see were all your money is going white America!
Sounds like you are quite proud of the mess we are in!!!!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 48 min J RULES 68,997
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr LRS 177,409
Song Titles Only (group/artist in parenthesis m... (Mar '10) 1 hr Candy4Me 7,751
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 2 hr TRD 68,379
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) 2 hr newpoly 1,910
Word (Dec '08) 2 hr andet1987 4,656
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 4 hr edogxxx 97,938
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000