Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 39,523)

Showing posts 790,441 - 790,460 of1,071,087
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

Here: This is what I will agree with. $0.20 sales tax. No deductions. No exceptions. $0.12 local, $0.05 state, $0.03 federal. Put the money back to the people where it belongs and not some bureaucratic monstrosity. If you can't pay for the government with the money you receive cut the government till you can. Then cut it 10% more.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

flack wrote:
<quoted text> No Sorry you are wrong. We have a deficit because the federal government spends and borrows more money than it receives. Taking more and more money from the people who earn it has now brought us to where we are. The government is now so big that it is sucking the life out of the economy. Soon it will cost $50 bucks for a loaf of bread. Better hope interest rates don't go up.
and now you're playing that game you said you didn't play.

because you can't back up your assertions. it's just more conservative boilerplate.

maybe you should start posting links. just think about how i'd be treated if i didn't.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
Is Marco Rubio Capable of More Than Bromides?
His smoothly delivered State of the Union response showed his major weakness as a speaker: the staleness of his rhetoric.
http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2...
It wasn't smooth at all. He was visibly nervous, appeared to be like a high school senior rehearsing in front of a mirror; his mouth was extremely dry and he finally grabbed a sip of water and in the end he said God bless everyone and smiled from ear to ear. It was laughable at best.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

flack wrote:
<quoted text> The problem I have is when they start blowing people away in this country. I think it will get too easy to just kill people rather than arrest, try, and jail people. Slippery slopes are hard to stop once you start sliding.
Why would you come to this conclusion? I find it amazing that the rightwingers are all whining about due process for Al-Alawki and his son. I am a leftwinger and am all for due process, but in this case, I feel it was warranted.

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

A simple question. Where will the money come from to pay all minimum wage earners an extra $1.50 or so an hour come from? Think about it and give an honest answer. What will be the ramification?

Since: May 11

Fayetteville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

flack wrote:
<quoted text> No Sorry you are wrong. We have a deficit because the federal government spends and borrows more money than it receives. Taking more and more money from the people who earn it has now brought us to where we are. The government is now so big that it is sucking the life out of the economy. Soon it will cost $50 bucks for a loaf of bread. Better hope interest rates don't go up.
Flacktradamus: Bread to hit $50.00 a loaf.

I get it though. If I get a cut in salary that creates a $300/month deficit in my budget, its not because my wages were cut. Its because I spend too much.

Flacktards are so schmart.

Since: Nov 09

Alamo, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Was that before, or after you died of brain cancer?
Message for DBWriter followers:
If you followed the rogue cop Dorner story you would know that he was much like some right-wingers that post here. The world was against him, he was self-aggrandizing and suffering from paranoia, a mixture of DBWriter and waxturd.
Sick people like this need help not enabling. Its time we stop trying to reason with mentally ill people that aren't capable of reason and direct them to help.

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
and now you're playing that game you said you didn't play.
because you can't back up your assertions. it's just more conservative boilerplate.
maybe you should start posting links. just think about how i'd be treated if i didn't.
If I had my way there would be a lot of 'for sale or lease' signs in Washington D.C.

Fayetteville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

flack wrote:
Here: This is what I will agree with.$0.20 sales tax. No deductions. No exceptions.$0.12 local,$0.05 state,$0.03 federal. Put the money back to the people where it belongs and not some bureaucratic monstrosity. If you can't pay for the government with the money you receive cut the government till you can. Then cut it 10% more.
See, you are a right whiner. Tax the poor Tax the poor Tax the wealthy less.

If Flack were President in January of 2009, he would have cut government spending by over a trillion dollar plunges us into a massive depression.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

Lily Boca Raton Fl wrote:
<quoted text>
My point is that fcker should not be allowed near the President, and, the Moran who invited him is an idiot
You score again, for the "Idiot Post of the Month". It would be our bet Ted Nugent & Barack Hussein Obama would have a good discussion. Mr. Nugent certainly has a better command of the English language, than you. My 10 yr. old Grandson has a better command of English, than you.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
In the wake of their electoral drubbing in November, Republicans were seeking an image reboot at President Obama’s State of the Union address, a new face that would be both more positive and less strident, youthful and multicultural but also quietly constructive and respectful.
Then there was Ted Nugent, the 64-year-old rocker who once told the president to “suck on my machine gun.”
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/13/us/politics...
They can't help themselves! He looks like a total madman, and the people around him don't look much better. And then, there's this little gem:

Mr. Rubio voted Tuesday against reauthorizing a more muscular Violence Against Women Act, an echo of his own roots on the right flank of his party. He was one of only 22 senators to oppose the bill, which 23 Republicans and 55 Democrats endorsed.

Fayetteville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

flack wrote:
AP Fact Check Destroys Obama's SOTU
Bull
Realtime

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
It wasn't smooth at all. He was visibly nervous, appeared to be like a high school senior rehearsing in front of a mirror; his mouth was extremely dry and he finally grabbed a sip of water and in the end he said God bless everyone and smiled from ear to ear. It was laughable at best.
Say's his mouth was dry because he had just finished taping an 18 minute speech in Spanish. Agree that he's not a polished speaker. Beat's Rand Paul by a mile though__Rand whines just like his father.

So do you think the State of California will give any of that reward money to the maids who flushed out Dorner?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
here are the numbers, dufus.
http://www.usgovernmentspending.com/
Now, tell us how the deficit is related to "lost revenue".
You do know that when any institution has diminished revenue, that institution has to decrease their spending, don't you?
You're an idiot.
spending?

Getting back to the chart, we see that spending for every single government program going forward is remarkably stable as a percentage of GDP. Those who complain loudest about spending and deficits nearly always base their concerns on projections of nominal spending that are unadjusted for inflation, growth of the population or growth of the economy. This is intellectually dishonest.

In fact, virtually all the growth in projected spending comes not from entitlements or giveaways to the poor and lazy, as Republicans would have us believe, but rather from interest on the debt. This is a problem, but not nearly to the extent that it appears.

Read more at http://www.thefiscaltimes.com/Columns/2013/01...

and no, that's not a right wing blog economist.

lost revenue?

Are the Bush Tax Cuts the Root of Our Fiscal Problem?

http://economix.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/07/26/...

same Reagan economist. read the whole thing.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Given that the relative worth of the person has not increased, just why in the hell should anyone be forced to pay more for the same uneducated and unreliable product?
The reason people are working for minimum wage when they are older than 18 is because they are't worth any more than that. If they were worth more, they would be paid more.
I'm for getting rid of the minimum wage entirely. Let a person choose how much they will be worth to the economy, and be paid accordingly.
here's how you increase your income:
Don't drop out of school.
Don't have children before you are married.
Take advantage of the plethora of opportunites to educate yourself.
STUDY SOMETHING USEFUL TO THE ECONOMY.
GET A GODDAM JOB.
Show up for work every day... on goddam time.
Do what you're being paid to do while you are at work.
Become a student of your profession.
If you CHOOSE to do the above, you will not have to rely on a minimum wage to support yourself.
If you CHOOSE to not do the above, you will need a thief like Obama to steal from people who chose to do the above and give it to you.
And, it's never too late. You can change from a useless course to a useful course at any time in your life. However, the sooner you make that change, the greater your reward will be throughout your life... that is, if Obama's Marxist welfare state doesn't take over everything. Then, everything you earn will be needed to support the mooching Obamavilles that will be created everywhere.
Some very good wisdom here. Many do dumb themselves down by closing the door to opportunity by just thinking of themselves as "special" when in actuality they should be focusing on becoming special.
Good post BTW.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

flack wrote:
<quoted text> Spoken by the same people who said the terrorist at Gitmo should be brought to New York City for a trial because they have a right to it.
Perhaps Bush should have killed them and not bring them to Gitmo.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

flack wrote:
<quoted text> If I had my way there would be a lot of 'for sale or lease' signs in Washington D.C.
lol

i can't argue with that.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

For Real wrote:
<quoted text> History not always repeats itself Indy, dom' t put your hopes too high either.
just watch the extreme New Left faction of the Democrat Party(Leninist) thought the same thing in 1994 targeting guns and look at what happend to the Democrat party as a whole, they paid for it Politically and that faction is going to cost the democrats again Politically even Sen Joe Donnelly(D-IN) knows and why he opposes any attempt to revive the 1994 Federal Assault Weapons Ban which even here in Indiana Joe Donnelly knows the majority of Democrats here in Indiana are conservative and against any attempt to restrict or ban any type of gun.
Homer 2016

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Given that the relative worth of the person has not increased, just why in the hell should anyone be forced to pay more for the same uneducated and unreliable product?
The reason people are working for minimum wage when they are older than 18 is because they are't worth any more than that. If they were worth more, they would be paid more.
I'm for getting rid of the minimum wage entirely. Let a person choose how much they will be worth to the economy, and be paid accordingly.
here's how you increase your income:
Don't drop out of school.
Don't have children before you are married.
Take advantage of the plethora of opportunites to educate yourself.
STUDY SOMETHING USEFUL TO THE ECONOMY.
GET A GODDAM JOB.
Show up for work every day... on goddam time.
Do what you're being paid to do while you are at work.
Become a student of your profession.
If you CHOOSE to do the above, you will not have to rely on a minimum wage to support yourself.
If you CHOOSE to not do the above, you will need a thief like Obama to steal from people who chose to do the above and give it to you.
And, it's never too late. You can change from a useless course to a useful course at any time in your life. However, the sooner you make that change, the greater your reward will be throughout your life... that is, if Obama's Marxist welfare state doesn't take over everything. Then, everything you earn will be needed to support the mooching Obamavilles that will be created everywhere.
I disagree, I think I look good in a blue shirt, it brings out the color of my eyes.

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Flacktradamus: Bread to hit $50.00 a loaf.
I get it though. If I get a cut in salary that creates a $300/month deficit in my budget, its not because my wages were cut. Its because I spend too much.
Flacktards are so schmart.
No It was because your wages were cut.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 790,441 - 790,460 of1,071,087
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

63 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 min Washington DC 45,432
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 7 min Frank 173,493
Amy 7-9 1 hr edogxxx 8
Abigail July 9 2014 1 hr edogxxx 11
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 1 hr 40ish 382
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr Whiny1 4,486
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 2 hr nnamhcsriK elaD yrogerG 48,668
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 3 hr edogxxx 97,407
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••