Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

Since: May 11

Loysville, PA

#858336 Feb 12, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Gullible and Naive don't even begin to describe your childish worldview. The Feds will subsidize 30% of it. All the glowing reports on Geothermal can be found online written by - SURPRISE!- Geothermal contractors. Also, tree huggers jump up and down about it. Green Authors who sell Geothermal books - DUH!- love it, too.
And, of course, you.
They are now & that would reduce that payback period.

Going green & saving money. Oh wait, you're too stupid for that.

Loysville, PA

#858337 Feb 12, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
...and you are sofa cushion stupid, ImaginaryDave. Solar is not free.
Shiningerection gets a monthly bill from the sun and is so stupid he pays it!
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#858338 Feb 12, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>In the age of information...Ignorance is still your choice.
and as usual, you bring nothing to the table.

The 1938 law signed by Hitler that LaPierre mentions in his book basically does the opposite of what he says it did.“The 1938 revisions completely deregulated the acquisition and transfer of rifles and shotguns, as well as ammunition,” Harcourt wrote. Meanwhile, many more categories of people, including Nazi party members, were exempted from gun ownership regulations altogether, while the legal age of purchase was lowered from 20 to 18, and permit lengths were extended from one year to three years.

http://www.salon.com/2013/01/11/stop_talking_...

you better stick with nothing. can't cite a right wing blog can you?

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#858339 Feb 12, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, it's a free country. Ain't it, cracker?
No it's not. Where ITH have you had your head located?

I guess you could call it a free country with free food stamps, rent, cellphones, affirmative action and someone in the WH lying freely. But that would be the cynical truth.

Legally, Constitutionally, it is no longer a free country.

But you are always free to make your stupid commentary.

Loysville, PA

#858340 Feb 12, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Nope. Three wells. One intake and two discharge. The two discharge ones are separated so as to not overheat the ground. The intake is on the other side of the property. All three about 37 feet deep.
For your area, it works. Most places don't have the flow or water quality & need loops.

Lapeer, MI

#858341 Feb 12, 2013
OldRaider wrote:
<quoted text>
Perseveration in schizophrenia.
Crider A. Source Dept. of Psychology, Williams College, Williamstown, MA 01267, USA.
Abstract:
Perseveration in schizophrenia may take a variety of forms, which can be conceptualized as varying manifestations of an underlying neurocognitive deficit. Comparative studies have demonstrated higher than normal levels of perseverative responding among schizophrenia patients on capacity-demanding tasks, including prompted discourse, reversal learning, and the generation of guessing sequences. There is little evidence that perseveration is associated with deficit signs of schizophrenia. However, perseveration appears to covary with both positive thought disorder and voluntary motor disturbance. Perseveration in schizophrenia thus appears to be a productive sign elicited by a failure to mobilize cognitive resources in situations requiring controlled information processing and the concomitant inhibition of activated but task-inappropriate responses. An information-proces sing model proposed by Shallice (1988) attributes perseveration to a failure of a higher level executive control system to modulate a lower level response selection system under a requirement for novel response generation. This model suggests that perseveration is the consequence of a failure of frontal specification of striatal outputs during controlled processing, resulting in the continued reselection of previously activated outputs
You can hang the VACANT sign out on your forehead now.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#858342 Feb 12, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Hitler loosened gun laws. unless you were a Jew.
1938 German Weapons Act

The 1938 German Weapons Act, the precursor of the current weapons law, superseded the 1928 law. As under the 1928 law, citizens were required to have a permit to carry a firearm and a separate permit to acquire a firearm. Furthermore, the law restricted ownership of firearms to "...persons whose trustworthiness is not in question and who can show a need for a (gun) permit." But under the new law:

Gun restriction laws applied only to handguns, not to long guns or ammunition. The 1938 revisions completely deregulated the acquisition and transfer of rifles and shotguns, as was the possession of ammunition.

The legal age at which guns could be purchased was lowered from 20 to 18.

Permits were valid for three years, rather than one year.

The groups of people who were exempt from the acquisition permit requirement expanded. Holders of annual hunting permits, government workers, and NSDAP members were no longer subject to gun ownership restrictions. Prior to the 1938 law, only officials of the central government, the states, and employees of the German Reichsbahn Railways were exempted.

Jews were forbidden from the manufacturing or dealing of firearms and ammunition.

Under both the 1928 and 1938 acts, gun manufacturers and dealers were required to maintain records with information about who purchased guns and the guns' serial numbers. These records were to be delivered to a police authority for inspection at the end of each year.

On November 11, 1938, the Minister of the Interior, Wilhelm Frick, promulgated Regulations Against Jews' Possession of Weapons. This regulation effectively deprived Jews of the right to possess firearms or other weapons.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_politics_in_...
TSM

El Paso, TX

#858343 Feb 12, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>Obama set to deliver the miserable state of the union tonight.
Just another Recycle Speech need to put the Snooze Button On!! I’m wondering how many times will he say ‘I’!

Lapeer, MI

#858344 Feb 12, 2013
Nj raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text> And what evidence do you have to refute that statement? I can think of a plethora of reasons that would damn near make that fact! Music, sports, entertainment, comedy, acting thats a toss up, but you get the point. I'm not being ignorant, if you can name some irrefutable names to make that statement a lie I'm open.
You just exposed your black racist heart to us and you appear smugly happy with yourself as a consequence.

Enough said.

Lapeer, MI

#858345 Feb 12, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
They are now & that would reduce that payback period.
Going green & saving money. Oh wait, you're too stupid for that.
Where does the Boy Messiah get money to spend? From the Treasury!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Lapeer, MI

#858346 Feb 12, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> Shiningerection gets a monthly bill from the sun and is so stupid he pays it!
Where do humans get their water from? From the faucet!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#858347 Feb 12, 2013
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>1938 German Weapons Act
The 1938 German Weapons Act, the precursor of the current weapons law, superseded the 1928 law. As under the 1928 law, citizens were required to have a permit to carry a firearm and a separate permit to acquire a firearm. Furthermore, the law restricted ownership of firearms to "...persons whose trustworthiness is not in question and who can show a need for a (gun) permit." But under the new law:
Gun restriction laws applied only to handguns, not to long guns or ammunition. The 1938 revisions completely deregulated the acquisition and transfer of rifles and shotguns, as was the possession of ammunition.
The legal age at which guns could be purchased was lowered from 20 to 18.
Permits were valid for three years, rather than one year.
The groups of people who were exempt from the acquisition permit requirement expanded. Holders of annual hunting permits, government workers, and NSDAP members were no longer subject to gun ownership restrictions. Prior to the 1938 law, only officials of the central government, the states, and employees of the German Reichsbahn Railways were exempted.
Jews were forbidden from the manufacturing or dealing of firearms and ammunition.
Under both the 1928 and 1938 acts, gun manufacturers and dealers were required to maintain records with information about who purchased guns and the guns' serial numbers. These records were to be delivered to a police authority for inspection at the end of each year.
On November 11, 1938, the Minister of the Interior, Wilhelm Frick, promulgated Regulations Against Jews' Possession of Weapons. This regulation effectively deprived Jews of the right to possess firearms or other weapons.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_politics_in_...
The law did prohibit Jews and other persecuted classes from owning guns, but this should not be an indictment of gun control in general. Does the fact that Nazis forced Jews into horrendous ghettos indict urban planning? Should we eliminate all police officers because the Nazis used police officers to oppress and kill the Jews? What about public works — Hitler loved public works projects? Of course not. These are merely implements that can be used for good or ill, much as gun advocates like to argue about guns themselves. If guns don’t kill people, then neither does gun control cause genocide (genocidal regimes cause genocide).

Besides, Omer Bartov, a historian at Brown University who studies the Third Reich, notes that the Jews probably wouldn’t have had much success fighting back.“Just imagine the Jews of Germany exercising the right to bear arms and fighting the SA, SS and the Wehrmacht. The [Russian] Red Army lost 7 million men fighting the Wehrmacht, despite its tanks and planes and artillery. The Jews with pistols and shotguns would have done better?” he told Salon.

Proponents of the theory sometimes point to the 1943 Warsaw Ghetto Uprising as evidence that, as Fox News’ Judge Andrew Napolitano put it,“those able to hold onto their arms and their basic right to self-defense were much more successful in resisting the Nazi genocide.” But as the Tablet’s Michael Moynihan points out, Napolitano’s history (curiously based on a citation of work by French Holocaust denier Robert Faurisson) is a bit off. In reality, only about 20 Germans were killed, while some 13,000 Jews were massacred. The remaining 50,000 who survived were promptly sent off to concentration camps.

No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#858348 Feb 12, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
and as usual, you bring nothing to the table.
The 1938 law signed by Hitler that LaPierre mentions in his book basically does the opposite of what he says it did.“The 1938 revisions completely deregulated the acquisition and transfer of rifles and shotguns, as well as ammunition,” Harcourt wrote. Meanwhile, many more categories of people, including Nazi party members, were exempted from gun ownership regulations altogether, while the legal age of purchase was lowered from 20 to 18, and permit lengths were extended from one year to three years.
you better stick with nothing. can't cite a right wing blog can you?
In the age of information...Ignorance is still a morons best choice.

Lapeer, MI

#858349 Feb 12, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> For your area, it works. Most places don't have the flow or water quality & need loops.
You've got loops, alright.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#858350 Feb 12, 2013
Lotsa shooting going on in the Big Bear area of CA. Unconfirmed reports indicate that Chris Dorner and one John Galt of nearby Temecula are exchanging gunfire from an old burgundy colored Honda sedan with expired Pennsylvania license plate and Bad Boy stickers on the rear windows.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#858351 Feb 12, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
The antifreeze fluid for these applications is completely biodegradable & not toxic.
My installer offered to drink it.
Now what?
I wonder what a diet of it would do. Maybe keep me from freezing to death and allowing suspended animation. Hibernation is such a bore for a woodchuck like me. LOL

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#858352 Feb 12, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> For your area, it works. Most places don't have the flow or water quality & need loops.
Did you know the aquifer here is cracked due to a large meteorite strike near Cape Charles that formed the Chesapeake Bay? The ground is still rebounding which causes tiny earthquakes from time to time. The crater is quite large. Pretty cool. The largest naval base in the fleet sets in a meteorite crater.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#858354 Feb 12, 2013
Sleaze and Scandal in the Sunshine State GOP

The corruption trial of former state Republican Party chairman Jim Greer was going to have it all—big names, allegations of ‘golf carts full of hookers,’ and skimming off the top. Then he had to cut it short by pleading guilty.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/02...

it's what happens when you're not accused by unnamed sources.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#858355 Feb 12, 2013
The administration just came out and said the debt problem is now under control. After one month everything is hunky dory? These people must think the American people are dumb as a brick. They may be right! As I said I hope you get what you voted for! I don't think you're going to like it.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#858356 Feb 12, 2013
Realtime wrote:
Lotsa shooting going on in the Big Bear area of CA. Unconfirmed reports indicate that Chris Dorner and one John Galt of nearby Temecula are exchanging gunfire from an old burgundy colored Honda sedan with expired Pennsylvania license plate and Bad Boy stickers on the rear windows.
With age comes multi-tasking... Realtime can laugh, cough, sneeze, fart, shit, vomit and pee all at the same time...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Word (Dec '08) 40 min texas pete 4,734
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 46 min MaryanMattie 49,899
Army recruitment form still on sale call_081173... 1 hr omokaro Collins 1
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Rogue Scholar 05 178,188
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Brian_G 46,806
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 2 hr Frijoles 69,416
Chicago abandons plan to name high school after... 8 hr Mr oH 10
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••