Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
789,981 - 790,000 of 1,082,229 Comments Last updated 4 min ago
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
so how does it feel to be on the wrong side of that issue?
the right wing media love drones. Republican congressmen love drones. Republicans loves drones.
so what are you, a liberal?
Absolutely, but unlike you, I understand what the term "liberal" means.

You, on the other hand, are willing to surrender your freedom to the state.
Homer 2016

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Would Homer support legislation prohibiting drones for domestic use?
No. Homer looking forward to them.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

flack wrote:
<quoted text> I have a geothermal system here at the house. One intake well and to discharge wells. It works very well. However for the most part the new geothermal systems use a closed loop configuration using anti-freeze in place of water. This will cut down significantly on the bleed over between systems.
Are state permits required for the wells?

If you have a leak in the glycol system, you might face a huge bill for groundwater remediation.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

The latest ABC News/Washington Post poll released Tuesday showed a slim majority of Americans have a favorable opinion of the policies that President Barack Obama will pursue in his second term, nearly matching the percentage of respondents who have an unfavorable view of the agenda that congressional Republicans will push over the next four years.

Fifty-two percent of American adults said they have a favorable opinion of Obama's second term policies, compared with 43 percent who have an unfavorable opinion — a much larger base of support than Republicans on Capitol Hill can claim.

The poll found that 55 percent of Americans have an unfavorable opinion of the policies that the congressional GOP will push for over the next four years, while just 36 percent have a favorable opinion.

http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/a...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

Homer 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>No. Homer looking forward to them.
Homer probably likes red light cameras also.

"Your papers please."
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Absolutely, but unlike you, I understand what the term "liberal" means.
You, on the other hand, are willing to surrender your freedom to the state.
same as when Bush was in office.

but i suppose you were complaining about that?

it's funny watching you nutjobs twisting in the wind on this issue.

a cold wind it seems.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

Homer 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>No. Homer looking forward to them.
The Pope resigns, lightning strikes the Vatican, North Korea sets off a nuclear bomb, and Homer wants more drones to kill American citizens. You people are dangerous.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Solar Energy is free in the same sense that oil is free where all you have to do is bring it to the surface.
Children like ImaginaryDave need to grow up into adulthood.
Um... nope. It comes to the surface all by itself, honey. Once it gets to the surface it heats shit up pretty much at will. Once you cover up whatever you don't want the sun to heat up for free, that stuff cools down. Magic.

But here's the real trick: how do you teach a bunch of morons that just because you're already on one path you should go back and go down another, no matter how painful or redundant it feels to go backwards for a time? How do you teach people who are fundamentally stupid that the exertions of those who came before them may only be of value in appreciating the scope of a particular mistake? Fossil fuel use is a mistake. It's been useful, essentially free, for nearly a century and it took a lot of pressure off the whales you gotta admit. But the show's over now, and, as usual, America will be the last one to admit it; we're suckers for lost causes.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
The latest ABC News/Washington Post poll released Tuesday showed a slim majority of Americans have a favorable opinion of the policies that President Barack Obama will pursue in his second term, nearly matching the percentage of respondents who have an unfavorable view of the agenda that congressional Republicans will push over the next four years.
Fifty-two percent of American adults said they have a favorable opinion of Obama's second term policies, compared with 43 percent who have an unfavorable opinion — a much larger base of support than Republicans on Capitol Hill can claim.
The poll found that 55 percent of Americans have an unfavorable opinion of the policies that the congressional GOP will push for over the next four years, while just 36 percent have a favorable opinion.
http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/a...
YOU still have not told us why the inner city ghettos and projects are impoverished, but 'Blue Magnets' for blacks? How or why that happened?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

House Intelligence Committee Chairman Mike Rogers (R-Mich.) on Sunday defended the administration’s use of armed drone strikes, saying there was “plenty of oversight.”

“Monthly I have my committee go to the CIA to review them. I as chairman review every single air strike we use in the war on terror, both on the civilian and the military side when it comes to terrorist strikes,” said Rogers on CBS’s “Face the Nation.” There’s plenty of oversight here.

Rogers said that many aspects of the government’s drone program had been misrepresented in the media, in particular claims that there was a “kill list” of Americans linked to al Qaeda.

“There’s not some American list somewhere overseas for targeting - that does not exist,” said the chairman.“I think there’s been some sensationalism, this is a serious matter, but I do think the oversight rules have been consistent.”

Read more: http://thehill.com/video/house/282123-rep-rog...
Follow us:@thehill on Twitter | TheHill on Facebook

you right wing nutjobs could just say he's lying.

go ahead. set the precedent.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

battle hymns wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol!
Moron passing off google as original thought.
LOL.. He's not alone, sonicfilter is cut & paste happy.
endtime

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

----#---- NEXT POPE is ANTICHRIST

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Since: Nov 11

Westerville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>same as when Bush was in office.

but i suppose you were complaining about that?

it's funny watching you nutjobs twisting in the wind on this issue.

a cold wind it seems.
Liberals said:

Bush will be accused as a war criminal if Obama uses drones against American citizens.

“talk to the kitteh”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
problem.
Republicans love drones.
Only some of the elitist Republicans on Capitol Hill will approve of that, not those of us that will be the ones who are monitored.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

Forgive me, but geothermal energy, ALL energy, is solar energy and is, therefore, by definition, free. All energy in our solar system comes from the sun or the Son as the christian-little-minds like to call him. The sun goes out, the planet goes out, simple as that. What "costs" there are are imposed by people. Little people. Merchants trying to make a buck; to get ahead. Don't put up with it folks. If someone comes to you with a price for what you know to be free in what's alleged to be a "free" country, knock them down and beat them to death with a shovel or hoe. Not your favorite hoe, one you don't use much anymore. Remember, all the really important people are over at Galt's Gulch marshaling their pizza-making talents, so, technically, this is an internal matter to be settled among the takers.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Are state permits required for the wells?
If you have a leak in the glycol system, you might face a huge bill for groundwater remediation.
City permit for the drilling of the wells only. Mine has been working for almost 30 years. In the thermal loop system the continuous pipe used is basically the same gas line piping. There are no underground connections. A Ditchwitch machine is used to bury the line. The installer would be liable although I have never heard of one leaking.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

endtime wrote:
Obama is at present.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Only some of the elitist Republicans on Capitol Hill will approve of that, not those of us that will be the ones who are monitored.
So, uh, jerkwad. How's the cripple doin' today? you clean his bag for him yet? Squeeze it, I dare ya'... g'head.... do it... But, in the interests of conversation, um, how many folks you reckon it'll take to monitor 300,000,000 people? Bet the job description reads: "Must like eyes to bleed." Stop lookin' for the bogeyman under every rock, he'll find you eventually.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

battle hymns wrote:
<quoted text>
It's called revenue azzhole.
You tea bag stooges don't like taxes.
So pay up when you break the law.
These men support your right to bear arms: Washington, Jefferson, Madison, Hamilton. These men oppose your right to bear arms: Hitler, Castro, Stalin, Amin, Lenin, Obama. Who do you trust?

Isn't it funny how red, white and blue the liberals represent freedom... Until they're flashing gestapo behind you?
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

endtime wrote:
We should be so lucky. Does anybody even think Catholicism is even relevant any more? All it's ever done is ruin people's lives and then kill them. Oh sure, they come out and apologize once in a while for this genocide or that gang rape or the war they started but for christ's sake! They never get anything right! Let's just shut the place down, take their stuff, sell it and be done with them.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

88 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 11 min litesong 45,833
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 11 min Hatti_Hollerand 473
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 43 min LRS 174,928
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 54 min TRD 68,046
Amy 7-28 1 hr Sublime1 16
get your prescribed drugs here from our Dr 1 hr Dr beckyhills 1
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 2 hr Eric 68,396
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 7 hr Mister Tonka 97,562
•••

Beach Hazards Statement for Cook County was issued at July 28 at 2:52PM CDT

•••
•••
•••