Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 39,496)

Showing posts 789,901 - 789,920 of1,072,347
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

Judge Prez

http://www.dailykos.com/blog/Comics/

G.W. can only wish.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
If you've ever spent time sitting in a courtroom; you will witness several homeless men who have been picked up for whatever reason; then the judge may offer to send him to a shelter and the homeless man mostly refuses. We can feel sad for them; however, as you said; it is often a choice.
I cannot feel sad for them for their choices. I feel sad for those who refuse a "hand up" when their situations Appear to me to be what I assume is bleak. Their actual situations may in fact be Not so bleak (to them).
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

Barry wants to disarm the U.S. just as Iran and North Korea are developing nuclear weapons.

The fool is dangerous.

Jeebus was right.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
i'm not answering questions that you can't answer.
anyway you seem to have some sort of memory problem.
LOL... Your eyes are useless because your mind is blind. Those like you who wish to sing...always find a worthless song.

Can you still tell us why the ghettos and projects are 'Blue Magnets' for blacks? How or why that happened?

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

Jane Says wrote:
<quoted text>very slowly, it began at the chapel.
LMAO! This oftentimes happens. I have seen that again and again. Engagement ring progressing to wedding ring and bells ring signaling the beginning of suffer- ring.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
CBS Poll: Broad, Bipartisan Support For Drone Program
Seventy-one percent of Americans — including 78 percent of Republicans and 70 percent of Democrats — said they support the use of drones against suspected terrorists.
http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/c...
torture never polled like that.
You can ban drones, guns, box cutters, knifes, swords, sticks or stones. You won't disarm a deranged liberal.

Since: May 11

Fayetteville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, my God. And I was thinking reality-challenged dave was the most ignorant person here.
Here's a link for you to acquire factual information about spending, defits and the total public debt:
http://www.usgovernmentspending.com/
In that source of factual information, you will see that the total public debt at the end of Clinton's tenure was 5 trillion dollars.
Fact: The CBO said that we were on a path to growing surpluses & paying off the debt.

Then Bush took over
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Where a fat gay man destroyed the county from a minority position in the House.
Barney Frank is a pedophile homosexual who created the banking crisis, but he is not very humorous.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
Barry wants to disarm the U.S. just as Iran and North Korea are developing nuclear weapons.
The fool is dangerous.
Jeebus was right.
The Pope resigns, lightning strikes the Vatican, North Korea sets of a Nuclear bomb. The fool is dangerous.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Solar energy is what the sun rains down on us every day.
You are thinking about electricity derived from solar energy.
Quit being do GD dumb.
Dumbass Dave finally gets one thing right.

Solar energy is what creates global warming.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Fact: The CBO said that we were on a path to growing surpluses & paying off the debt.
Then Bush took over
In the age of information...RealDaves Ignorance is a choice.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

positronium wrote:
<quoted text>I am seriously considering doing so in addition to the water and wind Power that I already have. Maybe we can up production.
As long as you don't demand taxpayer subsidies for these projects, you have every right to do so.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
President Obama 50.5 % of the popular vote
Gov. Romney 47 %
Republican House approval rating 7%
President Obama approval rating 58%
So what?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>You can ban drones, guns, box cutters, knifes, swords, sticks or stones. You won't disarm a deranged liberal.
An unemployed parolee with two bank robbery convictions, apparently enraged at liberals and what he sees as the “left-wing agenda” of Congress, allegedly opens fire on California Highway Patrol troopers who pull him over in Oakland. No one is killed, but two troopers are slightly injured and Byron Williams is shot in the arms and legs. Williams allegedly later tells authorities that he was on his way to attack offices of the American Civil Liberties Union and the Tides Foundation, a liberal organization that, although little known to most Americans, has been repeatedly pilloried on air by Fox News host Glenn Beck.

http://www.splcenter.org/get-informed/publica...

the whole list is there.

if only we would pay attention to.....

DHS “Rightwing Extremism” Document Created During Bush Administration

http://www.infowars.com/dhs-rightwing-extremi...
Mexico forever and ever

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

Obama is not YOUR president! He is the first MEXICAN president of the usa!
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

positronium wrote:
<quoted text>I cannot feel sad for them for their choices. I feel sad for those who refuse a "hand up" when their situations Appear to me to be what I assume is bleak. Their actual situations may in fact be Not so bleak (to them).
I feel sad for them because many are Vietnam war veterans who returned with drug problems, mental health issues, ptsd, etc and were maybe rejected by their familes etc. However, if that person just chose to be homeless, I say, let them be. At least in Florida, there is food growing, oranges etc. and the weather is good, so they're not freezing to death.
lily waxman raton fl

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

Lily Boca Raton Fl wrote:
<quoted text>
All lies
The Obama Agenda
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
i'm not answering questions that you can't answer.
anyway you seem to have some sort of memory problem.
Congressman Steve Stockman (R-TX) has announced that he would be bringing musician and conservative loudmouth Ted Nugent to President Obama’s State of the Union address on Tuesday.

I hope the Secret Service doesn't let that maniac in there. What a disgrace; this man threatened the Presidents life.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

Jane Says wrote:
<quoted text>maybe the new black pope could make you in charge of "Vaginal Probes," your favorite topix subject. Obsess much?
and how about Drive-By Communion? the in-laws will love it.
and Mary will be called the Yo, Baby Mama Ho
the robes do resemble hoodies so you'd be fine converting and maybe could persuade them to wear their papal pants below their ass cracks.
we could add "..and shit" after Amen
multiculturalism is so wonderful except an Asian Pope would have immediately passed the Pope Test, no dumbing down required.
Oh wow Jane, you should try standup
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

White Elephants: Are Republicans an Endangered Species?

After several months of reflection, I’m becoming convinced that they are. I don’t claim any private information or special insight. Here, for what they’re worth, are my reasons:

Republican voters are almost exclusively white. And whites, although still a considerable majority, are a shrinking portion of the population. What’s more, Republicans do best among older whites. These voters are, almost by definition, closer to dying out. It’s possible that younger whites will become more Republican as they age: although Obama won a majority of whites under 30 in 2008, he lost that group in 2012. But there’s some evidence that young people of all ethnicities are more socially libertarian and open to big government than their parents.

How can Republicans deal with this forbidding situation? One answer, which has the advantage of inertia, is to do nothing. Actually, that’s not quite accurate. Rather than nothing, Republicans in the House and Senate propose to do exactly what they’ve done in the past. At the moment, that means reviving the Balanced Budget Amendment. As Scott Galupo observes, this is lousy politics as well as bad policy. About 20 percent of Americans name the budget deficit among their main concerns. For the most part, however, they’re already Republicans.

Another strategy is to combine cosmetic outreach to ethnic minorities with concessions on issues that the party establishment considers unimportant, particularly immigration. Marco Rubio appears to be betting his career on this maneuver. That may be wishful thinking. It will take a lot more than quasi-amnesty to win Hispanic votes after years of frankly nasty anti-immigrant rhetoric. And the establishment of a path to citizenship for illegal aliens would both infuriate the base and, over time, dilute its power.

Moreover, Asian Americans, who seem like promising targets for the Republican message, are turned off by Republicans’ assertive Christianity. Parading around converts like Bobby Jindal and Nikki Haley will not be helpful. On the other hand, endorsing gay marriage, say, will drive social conservatives out of the party.

That leaves what might be called the Calhoun option. More popular at the local level than with the national party, at least publicly, this strategy involves legal changes that would limit the influence of the coming majority, which is younger and less white. Some of these measures have been justified by concerns about widespread electoral fraud that are mostly sincere but have no empirical basis. Others are explicitly political. For example, it’s a feature, not a bug, that plans to split states’ electoral votes by congressional district give rural votes greater weight than urban ones (and we know who lives in cities).

As critics of these plans have admitted, there’s nothing new about such efforts: counter-majoritarianism has been a fixture of American politics since the constitutional convention. Even so, they’re unlikely to succeed in the long run. As Tocqueville observed, it’s almost impossible for American institutions to stand against the principle of majority rule.

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/white-...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 789,901 - 789,920 of1,072,347
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

45 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 14 min LRS 173,641
Negra Nagin gets 10 years-YEAH 32 min WeStillPay2PutNaginAway 6
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 44 min Hatti_Hollerand 396
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr HughBe 68,160
Music Artists A to Z 1 hr _Zoey_ 247
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr nnamhcsriK elaD yrogerG 48,691
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr truth-facts 45,499
•••
•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••