Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 39,493)

Showing posts 789,841 - 789,860 of1,033,719
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Boca Raton police shoot homeless man on roof at Florida Atlantic University. Oh wow, what heroes they are.
Homer 2016

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Calm down sonic. Your acting as if it's your manifesto they are scrubing.
<loony left wingers victims of a mass wedgy this morning?>
Maybe you should calm down, maybe they are the calm ones and you are the one all fired up. Didja ever think of that ? Huh? Didja? Didja?

Man, I need to calm down.
Truth is no SIN

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Blacks utilized armed self-defense to protect activist leadership and their communities from white terrorist violence.”

The notion that the Civil Rights movement was exclusively nonviolent is a popular mythology. In dozens of Southern communities Black people picked up arms to defend themselves. In particular, Black people relied on armed self-defense in communities where Federal government officials failed to safeguard Movement activists and supporters from the violence of racists and segregationists, who were often supported by local law enforcement. Congressman Lewis statement is true for a small number of committed activists who engaged in civil disobedience and voter registration in Mississippi, Alabama, and Georgia. These activists were often protected by grassroots Black people armed with shotguns and rifles. Some members of Lewis’s Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee picked up weapons and worked with community people to defend their lives against white terrorists.

The post-Civil Rights and Black Power era brought a new dimension of this issue for Black communities. A crisis in Black families resulted from welfare policy and increased individualism and the decline of the manufacturing economy that employed significant numbers of Black males. The federal, state, and local “Cointelpro” assault on activist Black leaders, organizations, and institutions weakened solidarity and Black political consciousness in the 1970s. Black communities experienced a growth in gang activity and an influx of drugs in this period. The access to automatic weapons and assault rifles paralleled the crisis in Black communities. Increased access of weapons to the most criminalized and unstable elements of the Black community only accelerated the crisis. Unlike generations of youth who were trained by their elders to protect their families and communities from emancipation through the Civil Rights and Black Powers era, large numbers of Black youth were supplied weapons in the underground economy.
Truth is no SIN

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

“Black people will never disarm in a political and social environment where Black life is still challenged and not valued.”

As a youth growing up in Compton, California in the early 1970s, I heard a plethora of rumors of elements external to the Black community providing caches of military weapons that contributed to the fratricidal war between the Crips and the Bloods in Compton, Watts, and South Central LA. While this sounds like a wild conspiracy theory, it has been well documented that the FBI and local police agencies utilized “divide and conquer” tactics to incite fratricidal conflict between the Black Panther Party and the Us Organization in the same streets that the Crips and Bloods would inhabit a few years later. The dilemma of the criminal use of guns still poses a challenge in several urban and rural places today. This situation has motivated support for gun control in our communities.

Other politically and socially conscious elements challenge the gun control position based on the history of white supremacy in the US and the desire of racists to disarm Black communities. The growth of white supremacist and right-wing paramilitary formations and militias since the 2008 election of Barack Obama and the fatal shooting of young Trayvon Martin by a white civilian has done nothing to decrease the fear of white violence in the Black community. Several elements of the Black community recant the lyric of the late popular artist Gil Scott Heron,“when other folks give up theirs, I’ll give up mine.”

Gun control for Black activists must be an issue of self-determination, self-reliance and self-defense. Black people will never disarm in a political and social environment where Black life is still challenged and not valued. The Black community must advocate for policies that take weapons out of the hands of unstable elements (e.g. checks for mental illness), but be vigilant to make sure these policies do are not utilized in a manner to weaken the capacity of our community to defend itself from white supremacists. At the same time, more solidarity and grassroots organization of Black communities is needed to gain control and socialization of unstable elements of our community. Cooperative economic projects to provide alternatives to those trapped in the drug economy. The fight for the decriminalization of drugs and quality and culturally relevant education for our youth is another pillar in the fight to bring community integrity and solidarity and a safer community back.
lily waxman raton fl

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Homer 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>So far just light, supposed to be heavy later on.
I don't think so; lily started drinking very early today.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
That's never going to happen.
I believe it will. 30,000 drones is a lot. Somebody will do it.
Homer 2016

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Yeah, and I heard that asteroid may fall on you in Colorado; better go hide in your bunker. President Obama redirected it to "gitcha"; cuz you know he's a badass!
I understand from my sources that Obama has an army of asteroids all fitted with drones. I may have a link here somewhere, oh yeah here it is - http://www.disney.com/

Hey this is fun being a rightwinger and making sh!t up.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Homer 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe you should calm down, maybe they are the calm ones and you are the one all fired up. Didja ever think of that ? Huh? Didja? Didja?
I'm going commando this morning, so I'm calm.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

ALERT-MA UPDATE-STATE OF EMERGENCY DECLARED:

~Gov of Massachusetts has signed an executive order and as of 4pm all vehicles are banned from all roads STATEWIDE. Only emergency, public health, public works and certain other vehicles critical vehicles are exempt. Penalties include up to 1 year in jail and a $500 fine.

~Public transportation suspended as of 3:30pm.

~National Guard has 1,000 troops on duty already and will have over 5,000 on duty later today and Saturday.

~Power Restoration crews have been prepositioned around the state. Only use generators that are ventilated outside! Fill your bathtubs with water. Fill your car with gas. Be Prepared.

~Please use common sense. Drifts will be over 5 feet.
Homer 2016

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Eman wrote:
"According to county documents, Richardson’s absentee ballot was accepted on Nov. 1, 2012 along with her signature. On Nov. 11, she told an official she also voted at a precinct because she was afraid her absentee ballot would not be counted in time."
Voter fraud isn't a problem, is it?
Doesn't sound like it if they caught her.
lily waxman raton fl

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Boca Raton police shoot homeless man on roof at Florida Atlantic University. Oh wow, what heroes they are.
Does this mean you're a widow again?

Since: May 11

Fayetteville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Eman wrote:
"According to county documents, Richardson’s absentee ballot was accepted on Nov. 1, 2012 along with her signature. On Nov. 11, she told an official she also voted at a precinct because she was afraid her absentee ballot would not be counted in time."
Voter fraud isn't a problem, is it?
Yep, that photo ID would have stopped that one.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Calm down sonic. Your acting as if it's your manifesto they are scrubing.
<loony left wingers victims of a mass wedgy this morning?>
i am not walking funny!

well maybe a little. no pun intended!
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Lassie go get Jewgirl wrote:
<quoted text>
Shaddap tecas Jew-boy. You'd fault an elephant fo' bein' gray.
Is this antisemitism necessary?

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

The dummy brought a knife to a gun fight.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Homer 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe you should calm down, maybe they are the calm ones and you are the one all fired up. Didja ever think of that ? Huh? Didja? Didja?
it's the wedgy.

“NuculurNUTsurpri Zed=WAXMAN”

Since: Feb 13

FROM CT. to JUDGE YOUR POSTS!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Make sense? I don't think so; I've started drinking very early today.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Graduate of Cypress HS in Weston FL, attended college in Utah__played football along the way. Joined the Navy in 02, was an officer, served in Bahrain, remained a reservist. Became a cop in 05, was fired in 08.
Still don't know what he's been doing in the five years since.
They found his truck near Big Bear and tracked but lost him__maybe he's still there__maybe he was picked up by someone and left the area or maybe he's already killed himself.
Most likely a rent-a-cop.
Homer 2016

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

flack wrote:
<quoted text> I believe it will. 30,000 drones is a lot. Somebody will do it.
We'll chalk this up with $7 gas, inflation, stagflation, market crash, electric bills going up 1000%, Romney winning, 49ers winning the Super Bowl, Jerry's closing early ever...
Homer 2016

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
it's the wedgy.
Oh snap! There it is, there we go, much better. Thanks.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 789,841 - 789,860 of1,033,719
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

21 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Who Dodged the SHOE Better? 36 min throw more shoes 16
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr JOEL COOL DUDE 64,971
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr ritedownthemiddle 42,936
snapchat gay names 2 hr nolovecity74 5
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 hr loose cannon 167,402
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 4 hr prognosticator 96,013
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 5 hr _Zoey_ 4,022
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••