Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#857913 Feb 11, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you alluding to the black hole inside the White House?
A very dense resident, indeed.
I'll be politically correct at this point and call it a "singularity" to avoid the heckling and accusations of racism. I agree though, Very dense.
TheIndependentMa jority

Manchester, KY

#857922 Feb 11, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
no worries. i was raised to not count on others. for anything.
i'm only a liberal in the social context. my other views make me more conservative than most of the conservatives on this thread.
not counting you. not sure what you are.
A fairly conservative (albeit, a fairly tired one) Independent. In My Independent worlduh--We never did count on others for much either-from the time we were old enough to legally work, till the present. These days-it's enough for us to just kindly like watch out over our own in peace, and just try and keep ourselves going day tuh day.

Duh...aint no erl wells here, that's fer sure!

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#857927 Feb 11, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Solar energy is free. There is no meter.
All you need to do is find away to capture it.
The free phone program has been under existence or decades, dumbass.
"teal dumb"
Do you practice being dumb?
Solar energy is not free. The panels do not cost anything? The labor to install the panels is free? Think before you post, just once.
Peace
KMA

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#857928 Feb 11, 2013
discordian wrote:
<quoted text>
It's right here dave, read it:
"Because Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac made a market for subprime mortgages the lenders did not have to worry about of the soundness of the mortgage contract they wrote. Thus the lenders could write the mortgages as adjustable interest rate mortgages knowing full well that an upturn in the interest rates could easily throw the borrower into insolvency. For example, when the interest rate is 6 percent the mortgage payment for a 30-year $200,000 mortgage is $1199 per month. If the interest rate goes up to 7 percent the mortgage payment would increase by $131 per month, an 11 percent increase. For many of the subprime borrowers living on the edge of insolvency this would be enough to push them over the edge. The guilt for the subprime mortgage financial crisis lies both with the lenders who knowingly put borrowers into booby trapped mortgages and the management of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac for making a market for such booby trapped mortgages thus giving the lenders the incentive for writing them. "
when the treasury and Fannie and Freddie were being looted, did you expect others to sit on the sidelines?
"Empty pockets never held anyone back. Only empty heads and
empty hearts can do that."

-- Norman Vincent Peale

I am beginning to understand ImaginaryDave's predicament.
TheIndependentMa jority

Manchester, KY

#857929 Feb 11, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
sigh
Stupid Creationist Quote of the Week: Ben Carson on Evolution
This quote is rather shocking. It comes from Ben Carson and, as you can see from the wiki page, Carson is a top notch neurosurgeon. You would think that that would make him do a little research before talking about evolution in general and human evolution in particular. However:
Even if you accept evolutionary theory–developing a more sophisticated organism in this theoretically “logical” fashion, then there should be a continuum of organisms. And why did evolution divert in so many directions–birds, fish, elephants, apes, humans–if there is some force evolving to the maximum? Why isn’t everything a human–a superior human? Darwin specifically stated that his theory hung on the discovery of intermediate forms, and was sure that we would find them. More than a hundred years later we still haven’t found them. Even the earliest fossils don’t show such intermediates.
Take the simple case of ape to human. It should be easy to find abundant fossil remains since, according to evolutionary theory, this is the most recent transition. If we can find so many fossils of dinosaurs, which are further back in the evolutionary scheme, we should have plenty of evidence of intermediates between apes and humans. But we don’t have them. We have very few supposed intermediates–like “Lucy,” based on fanciful reconstruction with a lot of filling in. Today we have people with significant congenital abnormalities whose skeletal remains would seem like a missing link. So “Lucy” does not make the case, and there should be multiple “Lucys” if the transition from ape to human were true.
The above quote appeared in the Adventist Review (I’m not sure of the date of publication) and is such a conflicting mass of baffle-gab and gobbledegook (which seems to be par for the course for surgeons) that I will take it sentence by sentence.....
"But we don’t have them. We have very few supposed intermediates–like “Lucy,” based on fanciful reconstruction with a lot of filling in."
Lucy, for those who do not know much about paleoanthropology, is a fossil belonging to the species Australopithecus afarensis. To date there are over 400 specimens from 6-8 sites. These specimens encompass almost the entire range of Au. afarensis anatomy so very little “filling in” is needed. Reconstruction, at least in skeletal terms, involves putting the fragmented pieces of a bone or skeleton back together. This requires a good knowledge of skeletal anatomy – something paleoanthropologists spend a lot of time studying. The larger point, that there are very few transitional fossils in human evolution is also incorrect. We have a wide variety of specimens ranging from early in the hominid record up to anatomically modern humans. Here is a small list:....
http://afarensis99.wordpress.com/2012/05/18/s...
If your point is--Science STILL "doesn't" have all the answers, I could concur with that!

Spokane, WA

#857930 Feb 11, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you mean banks were not investing in areas that had a history of defaulting on loans? You do understand the definition of the word "history", don't you?
So, please tell us why you make the association between racial discrimination and the history of bad lonas in the areas you claim were being racially discriminated against.
In short, why did the areas banks didn't want to invest in have a history of bad loans? What was the relationship to race?
... I'll wait for your answer on this one.
"DBWriter"
Please do not hold your breath waiting for an answer from "real dumb" He will change the subject.
Peace
TheIndependentMa jority

Manchester, KY

#857931 Feb 11, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Solar energy is free.
If you install & maintain a gas fired furnace, you pay for the natural gas to fuel it.
If I put panels on my roof, electric heat, maintain it, I pay nothing for the solar energy ( i.e, fuel). Its free.
So get a skylight Duhumbo Duh A Vey. Just don't complain when it leaks, ruins the roof and all the walls around it.
And don't expect anyone else to deal with your battery expenses and outages when duh sun 'aint shining.
DUHmmy.
TheIndependentMa jority

Manchester, KY

#857932 Feb 11, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> You didn't stop sh*t.
Is solar energy free or not.
Its a simple question. Even a dumbass like you should be able to answer it.
NO.

Get used to it.
TheIndependentMa jority

Manchester, KY

#857933 Feb 11, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> You didn't stop sh*t.
Is solar energy free or not.
Its a simple question. Even a dumbass like you should be able to answer it.
Chu said today that the U.S. is on course to meet Obama’s goal of doubling manufacturing capacity for renewable energy by 2012. Obama has failed to win passage in Congress of legislation to create a cap-and-trade system limiting carbon emissions or to establish national standards for the use of renewable energy.

Thomas Pyle, president of the Institute for Energy Research, a free-market analysis group in Washington, said the rooftop panels will underscore hostility by Obama toward fossil fuels such as coal.

‘Ineffective, Expensive’

Solar energy is “ineffective, expensive and unreliable and will continue to be in our lifetimes and probably our children’s lifetimes and beyond,” Pyle said in an interview.

Chipman, K. Solar Panels on White House Roof, Removed by Reagan, to Return Under Obama. Bloomberg. Web. 11/5/2010/

anf from elsewhere via the web-

"Solar generated power is unreliable, the batteries pose a vary real bio hazard, batteries can explode at any given time, Solar systems are expensive to maintain.

The many costs associated with solar power out weight any realized benefit."

Dupey DuhAVey
TheIndependentMa jority

Manchester, KY

#857934 Feb 11, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>The average price of a residential solar system in the U.S. is about $20,000.
Flickn insanity. Geez.

Spokane, WA

#857935 Feb 11, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
not to worry. they don't get to interpret the Constitution. only the Court does.
whatever they have to say about following the document to the letter is pure BS. the Court has already blown up the whole gun debate by declaring there are 'dangerous and unusual' weapons in the cause of defending handguns.
and that's not the only thing they don't want to acknowledge.
Roe v Wade.
"sonic"
We all know you will be thrilled if the Supreme Court declares handguns illegal. You want only the scum bags to be able to possess them.
We all know you are thrilled the Supreme Court ruled that abortion/murder is legal with few exceptions. A grate tool to cover for folks who make poor choices.
Peace
KMA
TheIndependentMa jority

Manchester, KY

#857936 Feb 11, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
So, when you put panels on your roof, you get a bill for the solar energy that these panels converts to electricity?
You right whiners are so pathetic you can't even admit the sun rains down free solar energy.
Don;t ferget to ax fer the (patheTIC) 15 percent (IN) efficiency rating either DUHmbo lol.

Spokane, WA

#857937 Feb 11, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
The court called it racist. Why are you defending racism?? Oh that's right, you're a Tea Party racist POS.
I understand your position. You favored the voter photo ID. It wasn't that the vast majority of those who didn't have a photo ID were poor people & disproportionally black, was it? But you, being a racist f*ck, didn't care & you f*cked people out of their vote. It must because you believe in the Constitution...as long as it suits your racist agenda yet when it comes to black people buying homes & voting, you crumble it up & piss on it.
Typical Tea Bagger.
"real dumb"
Why are you against voter registration? You are in favor of letting anyone who can make it to the polls vote? Have a question for you, If they can make it to the olling olaces why can they not make to the registration places?
Peace
KMA

Lapeer, MI

#857938 Feb 11, 2013
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
Chu said today that the U.S. is on course to meet Obama’s goal of doubling manufacturing capacity for renewable energy by 2012. Obama has failed to win passage in Congress of legislation to create a cap-and-trade system limiting carbon emissions or to establish national standards for the use of renewable energy.
Thomas Pyle, president of the Institute for Energy Research, a free-market analysis group in Washington, said the rooftop panels will underscore hostility by Obama toward fossil fuels such as coal.
‘Ineffective, Expensive’
Solar energy is “ineffective, expensive and unreliable and will continue to be in our lifetimes and probably our children’s lifetimes and beyond,” Pyle said in an interview.
Chipman, K. Solar Panels on White House Roof, Removed by Reagan, to Return Under Obama. Bloomberg. Web. 11/5/2010/
anf from elsewhere via the web-
"Solar generated power is unreliable, the batteries pose a vary real bio hazard, batteries can explode at any given time, Solar systems are expensive to maintain.
The many costs associated with solar power out weight any realized benefit."
Dupey DuhAVey
Solar Energy is free in the same sense that oil is free where all you have to do is bring it to the surface.

Children like ImaginaryDave need to grow up into adulthood.
TEAPartyPersepec tives

Manchester, KY

#857939 Feb 11, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
He has a sun & several planets orbiting in his back yard.
One o' fo' Duhmbo-

..."Solyndra, the now-defunct solar company that received $535 million in guaranteed federal loans, reported producing about 12.5 million pounds of hazardous waste, much of it carcinogenic cadmium-contaminated water, which was sent to waste facilities from 2007 through mid-2011."...
Dearon, J. AP. Web. 2/10/2013

Spokane, WA

#857940 Feb 11, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
No, only fools like you would believe such nonsense. You rightwingers are so easily played that it's not even funny
"silly"
You are in favor of president nobama's drone strikes which may kill American's. Have to admit, I am to. You are against enhanced questioning of any who may be planning harm to America. In your mind killing is okay but torture is not?
Peace

Lapeer, MI

#857941 Feb 11, 2013
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
Don;t ferget to ax fer the (patheTIC) 15 percent (IN) efficiency rating either DUHmbo lol.
$20,000 investment and the ROI takes 20 years, too. In the interim, maintenance costs will kill you with defective panels, leaks, hail damage, Panel EOL, storage battery replacements, DC-to-AC converter replacement, etc.

But, hey!, like the children's choir sings: "It's All Free!"

If ImaginaryDave wants free sunshine, he should drop his pants, bend over and crack a smile to ol' Sol.

Lapeer, MI

#857942 Feb 11, 2013
discordian wrote:
<quoted text>
lol I wonder when he finds time to run his "business".
I think he calls it "Bidniss". "Mine yur ohn bidniss, dohn ax me no quesjuns", he says.

Spokane, WA

#857943 Feb 11, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Liar
"real dumb"
You accused the poster of lying. Please offer some proof the poster is lying. Oh, you can not? Just some more BS on your part?
Peace
KMA

Lapeer, MI

#857944 Feb 11, 2013
The next Pope?

Barrack H. Obama. He's already won a Nobel Peace prize and is hailed as the Boy Messiah who kills children with Drone strikes and then calls for Gun Control to save the children.

He's the perfect replacement as the the Vatican's Spiritual Hypocrite.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 3 min Jonah1 49,838
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 5 min mdbuilder 46,657
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 6 min Learn to Read 178,047
A short math question. I will reply with answer... 19 min MalignantNarcissi... 5
Antarctic Ice Sheet Largest by Far in 25 Years 26 min ThisWhatAlGorpMeant 4
FLOOD of illegal alien kids explained. 29 min YaGottaWatchAndReply 2
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 30 min Eric 69,380
Amy 9-16 1 hr ralph 58
Amy 9-18 1 hr Stina2 21
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr billyh 98,228
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••