Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
789,641 - 789,660 of 1,079,318 Comments Last updated 2 min ago
Jane Says

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#857809
Feb 11, 2013
 

Judged:

5

5

5

The two disclosures last Thursday came at a time when other presidential actions sent a similar message. One was the withdrawal of one of the two aircraft carriers scheduled to patrol the Persian Gulf.

The other was the ongoing nomination as defense secretary of ex-Sen. Chuck Hagel, a longtime opponent not only of military action but also of economic sanctions against Iran.

The Hagel nomination was baffling. Most incoming secretaries of defense in the last 40 years have had extensive experience in the Pentagon, at the White House or on the congressional armed-services committees.

Hagel has none of these. And, as he admitted at the end of a confirmation hearing where he misstated administration policy,“There are a lot of things I don’t know about.”

“A decade of war is ending,” Obama declared in his second inaugural. His response to Benghazi, his decision on Syria and his nomination of Hagel suggest he thinks he can draw down our forces and avoid military conflict.

But weakness is provocative, and retreat invites attack. Threats abound — Iran, North Korea, China versus Japan. Obama’s moves may end up making war more likely, not less.

Read more: O’s real foreign-policy priorities - NYPOST.com http://www.nypost.com/p/news/opinion/opedcolu...

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#857810
Feb 11, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

2

No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>95% of Obama followers are ignorant the other 5% keep you that way.
They do it to keep their dishes full with ignorant votes.
Waxman

Windsor, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#857811
Feb 11, 2013
 

Judged:

5

5

5

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Likely Story,
Glass Steagall - Huh? That's funny. Because according to you, it was the Democrats not allowing the banks to be racist that caused this mess & now you admit the Republicans f*cked us with repealing the Glass Steagall.
There is oversight.
The CRA did nothing to collapse our economy.
Bush, Your buddy, the REPUBLICAN nearly killed this country. So don't even try to pretend you are not a Republican hiding out as something else because even you know how bad they did & are embarrassed to admit your loyalty to the big "R".
Obama gets his money from the treasury Department.
The CRA was first enacted by Jimmy Carter and an all Democrat Congress. It was the genesis of a movement of more irresponsible liberal policies and lending practices built more on political correctness by you mindless Democrats instead of sound practices of making sure the borrowers could repay.

Stop deflecting. You morons never accept any responsibility.

You are a moron.
Waxman

Windsor, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#857812
Feb 11, 2013
 

Judged:

9

9

9

Yet anther Democrat has gone berserk. This time there was no scary looking (BOO!) rifle, libtards.

"A suspected gunman and two women were killed after shots were fired inside a courthouse in Delaware, police say.

Wilmington police told Fox 29 that a man walked into the lobby of the New Castle County Courthouse on Monday morning and opened fire."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/02/11/shooting...

We need gun control laws now! Democrats should not be allowed to have any guns, knives or mouths. The later is used to steal & mooch with.
TSM

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#857813
Feb 11, 2013
 

Judged:

7

7

6

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> You didn't stop sh*t.
Is solar energy free or not.
Its a simple question. Even a dumbass like you should be able to answer it.
RealDave to think something is Free is really Dumb!! Did someone build those Panels to convert sun light into Energy, if so it’s not Free!!
Rund Paul

Netherlands

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#857815
Feb 11, 2013
 

Judged:

3

2

2

Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
I will shoot the first person who tells me I can't drive my car whenever and wherever I like. In fact, I'm driving it right now! Whaddya gonna do about it, punks?
Well, I, for one, am going to be on the lookout for an old white guy with a desktop on his dashboard.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#857817
Feb 11, 2013
 

Judged:

7

7

6

TSM wrote:
<quoted text>
RealDave to think something is Free is really Dumb!! Did someone build those Panels to convert sun light into Energy, if so it’s not Free!!
The average price of a residential solar system in the U.S. is about $20,000.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#857819
Feb 11, 2013
 

Judged:

9

8

8

lily boca raton fl wrote:
President Obama is considering a series of new executive actions aimed at working around a recalcitrant Congress, including policies that could allow struggling homeowners to refinance their mortgages, provide new protections for gays and lesbians, make buildings more energy-efficient and toughen regulations for coal-fired power plants, according to people outside the White House involved in discussions on the issues
http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/obama-...
...and don't forget to list his efforts to thwart my access to 2nd Amendments Rights.

Since: May 11

Fayetteville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#857821
Feb 11, 2013
 

Judged:

6

6

5

TSM wrote:
<quoted text>
RealDave to think something is Free is really Dumb!! Did someone build those Panels to convert sun light into Energy, if so it’s not Free!!
So, when you put panels on your roof, you get a bill for the solar energy that these panels converts to electricity?

You right whiners are so pathetic you can't even admit the sun rains down free solar energy.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#857823
Feb 11, 2013
 

Judged:

6

6

6

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> You didn't stop sh*t.
Is solar energy free or not.
Its a simple question. Even a dumbass like you should be able to answer it.
You're always so wound up on here. I hope you're not like this in real life. I already said solar energy is free.
Waxman

Windsor, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#857826
Feb 11, 2013
 

Judged:

10

10

6

Not Surprized wrote:
<quoted text>
Love your newest avatar Waxman, very nice, says it all.
SupriZedObamaFool is not me paranoid skitzoid. Looks like you found a new friend!

baawwwaaahhh!!!!

Idiot.
Rund Paul

Netherlands

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#857827
Feb 11, 2013
 

Judged:

5

4

4

Rund Paul wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I, for one, am going to be on the lookout for an old white guy with a desktop on his dashboard.
One more thing. Just look for the cross eyed liberal talking to himself. Then you'll know it's me!
Realtime

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#857830
Feb 11, 2013
 

Judged:

6

6

6

No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>The average price of a residential solar system in the U.S. is about $20,000.
WTF is a residential solar system? Please be specific.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#857831
Feb 11, 2013
 

Judged:

6

6

6

The Balanced Budget Amendment Rears Its Farcical Head Again

After the unsatisfying conclusion of the fiscal cliff saga, House GOP leaders resolved to reestablish regular order in the consideration of fiscal policy. No more secret negotiations with the White House. No more eleventh-hour crisis-averting votes. This was the impetus behind the bill to force the Senate to pass a budget for the first time in years, possibly paving the way for the first joint budget resolution since 2009.

A return to normalcy: what a splendid idea!

Which is why I’m scratching my head at the news that Republicans plan to make a balanced budget amendment to the Constitution the centerpiece of their fiscal agenda. The proposal would cap federal spending at 18 percent of GDP as well as require supermajorities for tax hikes and debt ceiling increases.

AEI’s James Pethokoukis deconstructs the practicality of the spending cap:

[L]et’s quickly examine whether capping federal spending at 18% of GDP is realistic. I am not sure it is. If the bill excludes interest spending? Maybe. If so, then the BBA would be capping spending at roughly the historical average of around 20% to 21% of GDP. But even doing that for the long term will be tough (especially without slashing defense spending to Europe’s minimalist levels). Recall that the Bowles-Simpson plan has a long-term spending target of 21%.

Just as problematic is the institutional folly that the BBA represents. Instead of reasserting democratic control over fiscal policy, as had been the plan until five minutes ago, a BBA regime would take us in the opposite direction – toward newly empowered judges. The literature on how a BBA would invite judicial interference into fiscal policy is vast — for a taste, see Ed Meese, Walter Dellinger, and Peter H. Schuck – and, to my lights, dispositive. But that’s not all. The executive branch, too, would potentially gain new authority over spending — which the Goldwater Institute, strangely, sees as a feature rather than a bug.

Then there’s the question of “optics.” Come the State of the Union Address, President Obama plans to grasp the mantle of restoring middle-class prosperity. Republicans are set to counter with the dry language of fiscal rectitude, behind which lurk accounting gimmicks and berobed men armed with calculators.

Is there a more self-defeating political strategy than this?

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/the-ba...
Realtime

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#857832
Feb 11, 2013
 

Judged:

6

6

6

discordian wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.sjsu.edu/faculty/watkins/subprime....
San José State University
Department of Economics
The Nature and the Origin
of the Subprime Mortgage Crisis
excerpt:
"Because Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac made a market for subprime mortgages the lenders did not have to worry about of the soundness of the mortgage contract they wrote. Thus the lenders could write the mortgages as adjustable interest rate mortgages knowing full well that an upturn in the interest rates could easily throw the borrower into insolvency. For example, when the interest rate is 6 percent the mortgage payment for a 30-year $200,000 mortgage is $1199 per month. If the interest rate goes up to 7 percent the mortgage payment would increase by $131 per month, an 11 percent increase. For many of the subprime borrowers living on the edge of insolvency this would be enough to push them over the edge. The guilt for the subprime mortgage financial crisis lies both with the lenders who knowingly put borrowers into booby trapped mortgages and the management of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac for making a market for such booby trapped mortgages thus giving the lenders the incentive for writing them. "
Read it, dummy.
Thayer Watkins is a fkn right wing lunatic.

And a fkn liar to boot!
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#857833
Feb 11, 2013
 

Judged:

5

4

4

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>WTF is a residential solar system? Please be specific.
Prices have plummeted so much over the past two years that the solar panels and associated supplies cost about $8,000 for a typical 4,000-watt residential system. A qualified solar specialist or electrician should be able to install these panels for about $2,000 given that it’s only about a day of work. The total installed price should be about $10,000, without any tax credits or incentives. That is about the price of a comparable system in Germany.

But the average price of a residential system in the U.S. is about $20,000.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/toddwoody/2012/07...

The highest form of ignorance is when you reject something you know nothing about. You are a very special kind of stupid aren't you?

Since: May 11

Fayetteville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#857834
Feb 11, 2013
 

Judged:

5

5

4

discordian wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.sjsu.edu/faculty/watkins/subprime....
San José State University
Department of Economics
The Nature and the Origin
of the Subprime Mortgage Crisis
excerpt:
"Because Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac made a market for subprime mortgages the lenders did not have to worry about of the soundness of the mortgage contract they wrote. Thus the lenders could write the mortgages as adjustable interest rate mortgages knowing full well that an upturn in the interest rates could easily throw the borrower into insolvency. For example, when the interest rate is 6 percent the mortgage payment for a 30-year $200,000 mortgage is $1199 per month. If the interest rate goes up to 7 percent the mortgage payment would increase by $131 per month, an 11 percent increase. For many of the subprime borrowers living on the edge of insolvency this would be enough to push them over the edge. The guilt for the subprime mortgage financial crisis lies both with the lenders who knowingly put borrowers into booby trapped mortgages and the management of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac for making a market for such booby trapped mortgages thus giving the lenders the incentive for writing them. "
Read it, dummy.
The market was generated by financial institutions who bundled these mortgages into securities. They hid these bad mortgages among good mortgages. Then paid for top ratings.

Fannie & Freddie participated along with numerous other institutions. They were not the cause.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#857835
Feb 11, 2013
 

Judged:

5

5

5

Waxman wrote:
Yet anther Democrat has gone berserk. This time there was no scary looking (BOO!) rifle, libtards.
"A suspected gunman and two women were killed after shots were fired inside a courthouse in Delaware, police say.
Wilmington police told Fox 29 that a man walked into the lobby of the New Castle County Courthouse on Monday morning and opened fire."
Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/02/11/shooting...
We need gun control laws now! Democrats should not be allowed to have any guns, knives or mouths. The later is used to steal & mooch with.
They would steal the food right off my fork if I let them.

Since: May 11

Fayetteville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#857837
Feb 11, 2013
 

Judged:

6

6

5

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>WTF is a residential solar system? Please be specific.
He has a sun & several planets orbiting in his back yard.
Jane Says

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#857838
Feb 11, 2013
 

Judged:

6

6

6

Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
You're always so wound up on here. I hope you're not like this in real life. I already said solar energy is free.
when would Real Dave have a real life? he's married to Topix, like Looney Lily is.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

91 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Amy 7-24 8 min squishymama 17
Abby 7-24 14 min Mister Tonka 13
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 18 min Uzi 67,901
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 18 min Mister Tonka 97,517
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 31 min jacques Mont Tremblant 174,520
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 45 min Terry rigsby 48,878
Woman Posts Selfie Of Stolen Dress To Facebook;... 1 hr Tina 1
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••