Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 39,483)

Showing posts 789,641 - 789,660 of1,032,981
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Homer 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>Are we trying to goad him?
Might as well but its a lot like pokin' a retarded kid with a stick.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Homer 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>Well it's not like Fox News or rightwing talk radio or bloggers are going to attack their audience.
For Fox News, It's Never The Right Time To Discuss Gun Violence

http://mediamatters.org/blog/2012/12/03/for-f...

seems FOX didn't get the right wing chain email. otherwise they'd be all over that liberal shooter BS.

they thing about lying on FOX is....they will get called out. these peeps here lie to their hearts content so they can pump up what ego they have left after they had to tell us that FOX lied to them about Mitt and Obama called them out.

i can almost feel sorry for them.

lol

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Homer 2016 wrote:
Bottom line folks I do no like rightwingers, you want to be a conservative, liberal, moderate, fine, I have very little use for rightwingers.
Are we clear?
Appropriate responses:
A. Crystal
B. GFY
C. Is muh stihl on fire?
D. Fetch me another can of potted meat Ethel.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Homer 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>They training in Hawaii?
They taking bad acting lessons?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

West Point Military Study Warns Of ‘America’s Violent Far-Right’

http://www.mediaite.com/online/west-point-mil...
Jango

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

DBWriter wrote:
The wife is out riding her new Harley, and I'm home alone. I think I'll put a post here for you idiots to dance around like a penguin with a club foot...
In a speech to House Democrats, Biden claimed,“It is clearly within the right of the government to determine what type of weapons can be owned by the public.”
Can anyone provide text from the Constitution that supports Biden's statement?
And, the public is the people. We have a government of the people and by the people, if you give any respect to Abraham Lincoln.
So, if you think we have a government of the people, then the government is subject to the same restrictions.
Actually, the Democrats don't like the concept of a government of the people. They are trying to force on the people a government of the ruling elite. Therefore, with disregard to the Constitution, they intend on instituting two different sets of rights: one set of rights for the people in the government, and a different set of rights for the lower classes not part of the ruling elite.
Again, can anyone provide text from the Constitution that supports Biden's statement?
What's wrong with this picture:'The wife is out ridin' her new Harley, and I'm home alone'? Yes I too am overwhelmingly attracted to late middle-aged women on motorcycles (cough.) It's probably the generous leathers with the stiching straining to keep up with the effects of gravity? In any event, how does one know she's out,'ridin' her new Harley?' Isn't Harley the name of the bartender down at Mike's Saloon? Oh... I see that's what you meant. You're describing a marriage that's breaking up by objectifying her - the wife - and then identifying the culprit. Sorry, DB you'll need to refocus closer to home.
Jango

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

flack wrote:
Today is the 100th anniversary of the 'Bull Moose Special'.
I think I just saw Homer identify you as having descended somewhat to the level of you peers and I think he's right. There's something... more strident in your tone of late... more... angry... more... desperate. So how's the little girl like her new shoes, christian? Did she let you feel the insides? Soft as silk isn't it?
Floridum

Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

I never realized how boring my life was until I asked about goats and what you can do for fun, and they told me about pets and farm animals. LOL...I'm now looking for friends with the same mental disorder as me...priceless!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
if i give you my email address can you send that completely unsourced right wing chain email to me?
if you nutjobs were required to have a source before posting you'd never post anything.
this is the kind of stuff that happens when you THINK you're right....
Bill O'Reilly Wonders Why NBC Hasn't Covered Drones When NBC Broke The Story
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/07/bill...
and then we have idiots/FOXbots who show up within minutes of the usual mistaken fact to be spoken on FOX, and start right in with the liberal media bias.
but as usual.....no one can back it up. or as we call it around here......A Floriduh.
Day late and a dollar short Fox and Friends complained that it was ignored by the liberal press a full day after NBC broke the story.

These idiots seem particularly stupid today.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
West Point Military Study Warns Of ‘America’s Violent Far-Right’
http://www.mediaite.com/online/west-point-mil...
While at Walmart the other day, sonicfilter tried to see how much he was worth under a price scanner. A price never showed up. Worthless. Sonifilter who wishes to sing...always finds a song.
Jango

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>The fact that a lot of these right wing racist loons such as flack are functionally illiterate makes it very easy for their puppetmasters like Rove and Rush to fool them...none of the lot seems to have any ability to feel shame for their actions.
Leo, darling I'd just like to encourage you - just a suggestion - to revive, perhaps, re-new your adult series of lovely red-headed avatars. It's important to me (that I might not feel like a catlick priest or cardinal) and you hardly ever do what I ask you to... maybe just this once?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
The idea that recent mass shooters are mostly registered Democrats is a myth
1. Nidal Hasan (the Ft. Hood shooter) lived in either Virginia (his state of residence prior to being sent to Ft. Hood) or Texas, neither of which has partisan registration. Therefore the claim that he was a "registered Democrat" is false. I do not know if he voted or how he voted, but I do know that unless he was registered in a state in which he did not reside, that the claim that he is a registered Democrat is FALSE.
2. Since Virginia does not have partisan registration there is also no way to tell whether Seung-Hui Cho was a Democrat, but again because there is no partisan registration in the state we can say that the claim that he is a registered Democrat is FALSE.(Update: A more obvious point is that Cho was a resident alien, not a US citizen, so he was not eligible to vote in the US)
3. The allegation that James Holmes was registered Democrat was based on a Breitbart blogger Joel B. Pollack, who found voter registration records for a DIFFERENT James Holmes who was about the same age. Alex Jones’ Infowars and other right-wing websites then dutifully repeated the lie without verifying it. It was later determined that the Colorado Theater Shooter James Holmes was NOT registered to vote, as evidenced by this retraction:{Newly-released information on the suspect’s birthdate (which, as indicated in our initial report, was a slight mismatch), combined with new details Breitbart News has obtained about the suspect’s likely addresses, together suggest that the suspect may, in fact, not have been registered to vote.}. However, most of right-wing media continued to promote the lie without printing Breitbart sites retraction. The claim that James Holmes was a registered Democrat is FALSE.
4. The claim that Adama Lanza is a registered Democrat has been suggested based not on any evidence that he was registered as one, but on the rather dubious claim that because Connecticut has almost 2 to 1 Democratic registration over Republicans, he was probably a Democrat.(Claim: "Adam Lanza, NewtownConn murderer. Registered Democrats outnumber Republicans by about a 2-1 ratio in Connecticut. The odds are therefore that the Lanza family are (sic) Democrats.")
.....We can therefore claim that with no evidence to support the claim, the assertion that Lanza was a Democrat is not demonstrated and that in the absence of any evidence it is likely FALSE.
5. Klebold and Harris of course were not old enough to vote and they had no apparent political affiliation. Allegations that they came from families of Democrats or liberal progressives appear to have no sources to substantiate those claims. What little ideology the boys demonstrated owed mostly to an admiration for Timothy McVeigh not Ted Kennedy.
Interestingly, Hedgecock and those on the far right have conveniently overlooked a number of cases where ideology is clearly right-wing. The acts below are instances of right-wing violence that are unequivocally committed by people who are openly hostile to liberalism. While this does not mean these killers are Republicans, it is quite clear that they are RIGHT-WINGERS and that they have far more in common with Mr. Hedgecock, Alex Jones and the other gun-toting conspiracy nuts on the right than with any evils associated with the Democratic Party or liberalism.
http://www.examiner.com/article/the-idea-that...
so as usual, he has nothing.
Oh stop pissing on their myths.

Stop it I say!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

GOP Swears It’s not Stupid

Republicans are on a PR campaign to repair their image and convince voters they love women, immigrants and the poor. But can they walk the walk? Howard Kurtz doubts it.

Consider: Sarah Palin and Dick Morris are out at Fox News, and Scott Brown, the Massachusetts moderate, may be in.

Eric Cantor is talking about the problems of working mothers.

Marco Rubio is on the cover of Time as “The New Voice of the GOP” and will respond next week to the president’s State of the Union.

And Karl Rove has launched a group to push mainstream conservatives in Senate primaries against the Tea Party types who have been going down in flames.

You might describe all this as a rebranding, rejiggering or recasting. It could be written off as largely cosmetic, but increasingly appears more than skin-deep. What’s beyond dispute is that Republicans are trying to shed their image as what Bobby Jindal calls the “stupid party”—at least when it comes to the stupidity of losing elections.

What’s missing from this equation is hard evidence that the GOP, having lost twice to Barack Obama, is changing its policies. Not a single legislative compromise has taken shape, especially on the big-ticket issues like the budget and taxes.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/02...

The party’s more family-friendly tone, as epitomized by Cantor’s we-really-care speech is a clear recognition that the Republican image has become one of harshness and negativity.
Jango

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>While at Walmart the other day, sonicfilter tried to see how much he was worth under a price scanner. A price never showed up. Worthless. Sonifilter who wishes to sing...always finds a song.
Uh-huh. Well, for the observation - insult - to be effective, it must be verifiable. So, um, how much did the scanner say you were worth?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Day late and a dollar short Fox and Friends complained that it was ignored by the liberal press a full day after NBC broke the story.
These idiots seem particularly stupid today.
they've lost control of the narrative.

desperation is setting in.
Jango

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Why would one visit "Walmart" to determine self-worth? Wait... I get it...
Jango

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Floridum wrote:
I never realized how boring my life was until I asked about goats and what you can do for fun, and they told me about pets and farm animals. LOL...I'm now looking for friends with the same mental disorder as me...priceless!
Posting on a chatroom wasn't a tip-off?

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Even at $6000 per person, the annual cost would be in the $2 trillion per year range.
Heap big taxes required to pay for this.
Frank wrote:
<quoted text>There are 310 million people in the United States,the cost is $15,000 each and growing. Only 53% of us are currently paying federal taxes. The ten year total for universal health care would be 77 trillion dollars paid by 53% of the population,that is not possible. Our country is doomed unless Obama is voted out of office,and we get back on track for prosperity.
Prosperity for the few, you mean? Well, it has been 10 months since last I visited this thread, "how do you feel now?"
Jango

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
they've lost control of the narrative.
desperation is setting in.
Yes, indeedy. Isn't it lovely? It turns out they never wanted a rational discussion they just were trying to bully us pointy headed (Independents?) out of the way. It's hard to be intimidated by 70 year olds listening to Bruce Springsteen.
Florida

Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

While at Walmart the other day, FLORIDA tried to see how much he was worth under a price scanner. A price never showed up. Worthless. Florida, who wishes to sing...always finds a worthless song.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 789,641 - 789,660 of1,032,981
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]