Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 39,473)

Showing posts 789,441 - 789,460 of1,072,352
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

Nj raider 1 wrote:
F ck the constitution! The mere fact that you people think a piece of paper written over 200yrs ago can guide America into this unknown future is retarded in itself. How can America ever have peace & equality living under thee rules of another time/ history where in life was far from equal & thee writers of that old ass paper of rules were racist themselves. It's true, you people are stupid & & slave minded!
not to worry. they don't get to interpret the Constitution. only the Court does.

whatever they have to say about following the document to the letter is pure BS. the Court has already blown up the whole gun debate by declaring there are 'dangerous and unusual' weapons in the cause of defending handguns.

and that's not the only thing they don't want to acknowledge.

Roe v Wade.
Nj raider 1

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>Those who don't study history are bound to repeat it like you. You still have not answered the question?
These men support your right to bear arms: Washington, Jefferson, Madison, Hamilton. These men oppose your right to bear arms: Hitler, Castro, Stalin, Amin, Lenin, Obama. Who do you trustNj raider 1?
Trying to force a square peg into a circle huh! Show me where Obama said he doesn't support your right to bear arms. You can't because he's never said it! So if he never said it how can you align him with legendary dictators. Like I said you live in a world of hypotheticals. Making up shyt to ease your minds anxieties. You people are crazy!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

we're always hearing about how the black folks are getting screwed by Obama, and now we know why according to those black folks.

Perhaps President Obama isn't as much of a economically empowering friend to minority Americans as we think he is? Colorlines editor Imara Jones writes that the POTUS is complicit in some of the Republicans' financially tough policies.

http://www.theroot.com/buzz/obama-complicit-e...

Since: May 11

Fayetteville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Damn. You are showing signs of Alzheimer's. Perhaps if you read the post one more time, you might be able to remember what's in the post long enough to generate a response.
We still haven't gotten an answer to these questions:
Where was Obama during the 7-hour battle between Al Qaeda and the stripped-down American embassy security detatchment in Benghazi while the White House watched Al Qaeda kill Americans on the real-time video feed?
Why did Obama lie for two weeks covering up the Al Qaeda attack on the United States?
Where will the money come from to pay for Obama's government?
And, a new question:
Joe Biden says the government can infringe on the right of the people to keep and bear arms. Where is the text in the Constitution that gives the government the authority to infringe on the right of the people to keep and bear arms?
And, another question:
Eric Holder says the government can determine who in the United States is allowed to have a firearm. Where is the text in the Constitution that gives the government the authority to decide who in the United States is allowed to own a firearm?
The questions that Democrats can't, or won't answer just keeps growing.
The answer to the first two questions may describe treason.
If the third question isn't answered, the government collapses and the existence of the United States comes to an end.
The answer to the last two questions may describe the establishment of an unconstitutional dictatorship.
These questions will ultimately be answered. Hopefully, it will be through dialogue.
How about you do your part to save the country and answer these questions....
There was no 7 hour battle but two separate attacks. Obama was in a meeting with Panetta & the head of the joint chiefs an hour & 20 minutes after the first attack started. Obama gets his money from the treasury department. So you say the NRA will push for private ownership of armed drones.

No wonder you need to have subsidies to survive. You're too stupid to make it on your own.

Fayetteville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you mean banks were not investing in areas that had a history of defaulting on loans? You do understand the definition of the word "history", don't you?
So, please tell us why you make the association between racial discrimination and the history of bad lonas in the areas you claim were being racially discriminated against.
In short, why did the areas banks didn't want to invest in have a history of bad loans? What was the relationship to race?
... I'll wait for your answer on this one.
The court called it racist. Why are you defending racism?? Oh that's right, you're a Tea Party racist POS.

I understand your position. You favored the voter photo ID. It wasn't that the vast majority of those who didn't have a photo ID were poor people & disproportionally black, was it? But you, being a racist f*ck, didn't care & you f*cked people out of their vote. It must because you believe in the Constitution...as long as it suits your racist agenda yet when it comes to black people buying homes & voting, you crumble it up & piss on it.

Typical Tea Bagger.

Fayetteville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Not paying income taxes excuses you from paying for what the government spends. How about everyone who voted for Obama start paying th9ier fair share of the income taxes?
Now, back to an issue you run away from:
Tell us about those subsidies to oil companies. You still haven't done that. Or, is that just another of the propaganda lies you get indoctrinated with at your indoctrination sessions?
Tell us about those oil subsidies.
I voted for Obama & I pay both individual & corporate income taxes.

You see, I have my own company & work for my money.

I don't rely on government subsidies like you.

You know the subsidies John Boehner defended. The subsidies the head of the API ( let me know if you need help knowing what that is) said cutting subsidies would cost jobs.

But hey, you f*cking GD idiot call these people liars?
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
Congress authorized the war against al Qaeda and its allies. While many details of the drone strikes remain secret, it can hardly be argued that Congress isn’t aware of the program’s existence or the administration’s -general legal justification for it; Attorney General Eric Holder spelled out much the same case for the program last March in a speech at Northwestern University. Nor is it possible for the administration to carry out the program without congressional authorizations, either by the intelligence or the armed services committees. And as the confirmation hearings of CIA director nominee John Brennan demonstrate, Congress has always had the ability to dig deeper if it chooses to use its oversight powers. What the critics don’t want to admit is that poll after poll indicates that the American public supports the drone program, and members of Congress, within reason, will reflect that support.
https://www.weeklystandard.com/articles/drone...
That would require a person to think about what he is saying. Doesn't make for sensational headlines meant to scare the feeble minded. They'd rather believe that the black President is going to drone them to death, get whitey!!!
TheIndependentMa jority

Manchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
(Reagan hater.)
Dr. Carson for VP 2016!!!!
TheIndependentMa jority

Manchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
I voted for Obama & I pay both individual & corporate income taxes.
You see, I have my own company & work for my money.
I don't rely on government subsidies like you.
You know the subsidies John Boehner defended. The subsidies the head of the API ( let me know if you need help knowing what that is) said cutting subsidies would cost jobs.
But hey, you f*cking GD idiot call these people liars?
LibuhrulTIC game of the day-

Pick-A-Pope (to hate on)

Bring yer own matches lol.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
A fossil fuel subsidy is any government action that lowers the cost of fossil fuel energy production, raises the price received by energy producers or lowers the price paid by energy consumers. There are a lot of activities under this simple definition—tax breaks and giveaways, but also loans at favorable rates, price controls, purchase requirements and a whole lot of other things.
n the United States, credible estimates of annual fossil fuel subsidies range from $10 billion to $52 billion annually, while even efforts to remove small portions of those subsidies have been defeated in Congress, as shown in the graphic below.
President Obama has proposed cutting fossil fuel subsidies every year he’s been in office. The projections for savings have varied slightly each year but always hover around $4 billion annually. Congress has never even proposed voting on all of them.
http://priceofoil.org/fossil-fuel-subsidies/
anything else that your ignorance extends to that you need explained? always happy to do it for you.
Thank you. Now, was that so difficult?
I posted last week an article in Forbes that gave the specific exemptions given to oil companies like Exxon (that operate with a 16.5 percent profit margin), and compared those exemptions to other industries, obviously the oil companies are not given the same exemptions as, for example, Microsoft (who operates with a profit margin of 27.5 percent).

You ran away from those facts faster than a dog escaping from Michael Vick's house.
Why should an industry operating at a profit margin of 10 to 20 percent be forced to pay a bigger penalty than an industry operating with a profit margin of 25 to 50 percent?
..... well?

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

Last year, the Congressional Budget Office (CBO) released a report on expected federal tax revenues if energy cultivation in America was expanded. The report is now being challenged by the Institute for Energy Research (IER) in a new analysis.
The IER-funded review by Louisiana State University economist Joseph Mason found that opening federal areas to leasing would generate an additional $24 billion annually in tax revenues initially, growing to $99 billion annually over 30 years.
Mason estimated that beyond the additional tax revenues generated by new leasing and development, total economic output would range from $127 billion annually to $450 billion annually during production, or about 3.2 percent of gross domestic product. Mason estimated job creation at about 552,000 jobs annually for the first seven years and two million jobs annually after that.
The IER study comes as oil and gas proponents continue to press the Obama administration to make more federal lands and offshore areas available for drilling, despite Obama’s argument during the campaign that the majority of known reserves are already open to the industry.
Obviously, Obama is ignorant of the massive geologic structures off the coast of California containing strata proven onshore to be productive enough to make California the third biggest oil producing state in the country, behind Alaska and Texas, and ahead of Louisiana.
This is the answer to California’s fiscal problems.
With all this revenue to the government, there will be sufficient funds for the government to participate in the on-going development of alternative energy sources currently being done in the private sector, in many cases by the very same companies that will drill for that oil Obama is refusing to allow any exploration of.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
That would require a person to think about what he is saying. Doesn't make for sensational headlines meant to scare the feeble minded. They'd rather believe that the black President is going to drone them to death, get whitey!!!
Carlson — who noted yesterday that she, too, didn’t have an issue with Obama’s policy — then went on to ask Peters about the criticism that American citizens should be given due process. Peters deemed it “absolute nonsense.”

“Throughout our history we have killed Americans who took up arms against their law-abiding fellow citizens,” he asserted.“This is not a legal issue. It’s not an issue at all.”

“If an American turns his back on Americans and tries to kill Americans, you kill the sucker, period,” Peters added.“No legal issue. Kill him.”

“Agreed, from this point of view,” Carlson noted, asking whether he feared it would “go beyond that.”

“Obama is doing one sensible thing,” he replied.“Let’s give him credit for the one smart thing he’s doing, whatever his motivation may be.”

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/fox-analyst-defend...

it's funny watching the local nutjobs attacking Obama for drones while they're being blasted out of the water by the right wing media.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
Dr. Carson for VP 2016!!!!
a religious nutjob won't help whatever kind of nutjob you guys pick next time around.
Jane Says

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
no need to be droned to death, all a respectable white person has to do is go to any city run by Democrats, like Chicago, south of a certain street. you might as well be in Afghanistan. because it is easier for Democrats to criticize the NRA for gun violence than own up to the dysfunctional culture they promote.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
old white guys who've been playing the GOP racism game for 40 years are RINOS?
but it's nice to see the Tea Party pointing out racism in the GOP.
Democrats wearing a Republican costume for political convenience, like Boehner, are RINOs.
The TEA Party has always pointed out racism. Here's some links for you:

http://www.love4utah.com/

Of course, you know Alan West.

And, famed Baltimore neurosurgeon Dr. Benjamin Carson addressed the National Prayer Breakfast on Thursday morning on healthcare. Dr. Carson often criticized Obamacare and government intrusion in healthcare while President Obama sat in the audience. Dr. Carson encouraged a program where newborn babies are given health savings account as an alternative to Obamacare.
http://www.examiner.com/article/watch-dr-benj...

This is what the TEA Party is about, much to your chagrin.

Thank you for promoting the TEA Party agenda. It is always appreciated when anyone identifies a Democrat disguised as a RINO.
Jane Says

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

Here’s another example of the unintended consequences of a failed policy pushed by Dems and Libs:

Wheels coming off
February 10, 2013

The central parts of ObamaCare don’t roll out until 2014, but the wheels are already falling off this clunker.

The latest news from four federal agencies is that

1) insurance will be a lot less affordable than Americans were led to expect,

2) fewer people than promised will get insurance and

3) millions of people who have coverage through a job now will lose it, thanks to the president’s “reforms.” Oh, and children are the biggest victims.

The Affordable Care Act is looking less and less affordable.

Start with the IRS’s new estimate for what the cheapest family plan will cost by 2016:$20,000 a year to cover two adults and three kids. And that will only cover 60 percent of medical bills, so add hefty out-of-pocket costs, too.

The next surprise is for parents who thought their kids would be covered by an employer. Sloppy wording in the law left that unclear until last week, when the IRS ruled that kids won’t be covered.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
a religious nutjob won't help whatever kind of nutjob you guys pick next time around.
The highest form of ignorance is when you reject something you know nothing about.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

OldRaider wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's an analogy I've used that you may have missed:
Three drunks are sitting in a bar, Galt, waxturd and DBWriter. Waxturd says to Galt, "I don't have any friends so I'm going to buy drinks all night for everyone in the bar and maybe someone will like me. Will you pay for it?". Galt says, "Sure I will.". When the tab comes DBWriter, who has been listening to all this says, "I wonder where waxturd is going to get the money to pay for all those drinks?".
You're running away from these questions like a dog escaping from Michael Vick's house.
You forgot to put content in you rpost. I'll help you correct your mistake. Here's the post again:
Monday morning. I guess it's time for you to do your usual clumsy dance and run away from answering these questions.
We still haven't gotten an answer to these questions:
Where was Obama during the 7-hour battle between Al Qaeda and the stripped-down American embassy security detatchment in Benghazi while the White House watched Al Qaeda kill Americans on the real-time video feed?
Why did Obama lie for two weeks covering up the Al Qaeda attack on the United States?
Where will the money come from to pay for Obama's government?
And, a new question:
Joe Biden says the government can infringe on the right of the people to keep and bear arms. Where is the text in the Constitution that gives the government the authority to infringe on the right of the people to keep and bear arms?
And, another question:
Eric Holder says the government can determine who in the United States is allowed to have a firearm. Where is the text in the Constitution that gives the government the authority to decide who in the United States is allowed to own a firearm?
The questions that Democrats can't, or won't answer just keeps growing.
The answer to the first two questions may describe treason.
If the third question isn't answered, the government collapses and the existence of the United States comes to an end.
The answer to the last two questions may describe the establishment of an unconstitutional dictatorship.
These questions will ultimately be answered. Hopefully, it will be through dialogue.
How about you do your part to save the country and answer these questions....
Jane Says

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

what did Obama say? oh yes, "you can keep your insurance if you like it."

LOL
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

The former chairman of the Republican Party of Florida is headed to trial on fraud, theft and money laundering charges in a case fraught with embarrassment for the party over allegations of lavish spending and questionable behavior.

Jury selection was set to start Monday in the two-week trial. Testimony could cover allegations of prostitutes at a party fundraiser in the Bahamas, spending on fancy restaurants and luxury hotels by state GOP leaders, criminal charges of party money funneled to a private company controlled by Greer and party leaders stabbing each other in the back.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/11/jim-...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 789,441 - 789,460 of1,072,352
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

43 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 6 min andet1987 397
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 21 min LRS 173,641
Negra Nagin gets 10 years-YEAH 39 min WeStillPay2PutNaginAway 6
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr HughBe 68,160
Music Artists A to Z 1 hr _Zoey_ 247
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr nnamhcsriK elaD yrogerG 48,691
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr truth-facts 45,499
•••
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••