Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#857559 Feb 11, 2013
Realtime wrote:
Jim Greer, the former GOP chair who's trial was scheduled to begin this morning has instead changed his plea to guilty on some of the charges.
Greer's trial was expected to cause tremendous damage and embarrassment to many Florida (R) and former (R) politicians including, Crist and Rubio and perhaps spinning off criminal charges against others.
Florida’s attorney general released a deposition that contradicts a sworn statement by former Gov. Charlie Crist, who said that he did not know that then-Florida GOP Chairman Jim Greer would be paid extra to raise funds for the party.

(D)Charlie Crist looks the liar in the Jim Greer trial. Every gift from Greer is a wish for Charlie's happiness..

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#857560 Feb 11, 2013
State lacks doctors to meet demand of national healthcare law

Many patients to be treated by sub-professional personnel

By Michael J. Mishak, Los Angeles Times

February 9, 2013, 6:03 p.m.

SACRAMENTO — As the state moves to expand healthcare coverage to millions of Californians under President Obama's healthcare law, it faces a major obstacle: There aren't enough doctors to treat a crush of newly insured patients.

Some lawmakers want to fill the gap by redefining who can provide healthcare.

They are working on proposals that would allow physician assistants to treat more patients and nurse practitioners to set up independent practices. Pharmacists and optometrists could act as primary care providers, diagnosing and managing some chronic illnesses, such as diabetes and high-blood pressure.

"We're going to be mandating that every single person in this state have insurance," said state Sen. Ed Hernandez (D-West Covina), chairman of the Senate Health Committee and leader of the effort to expand professional boundaries. "What good is it if they are going to have a health insurance card but no access to doctors?"

Hernandez's proposed changes, which would dramatically shake up the medical establishment in California, have set off a turf war with physicians that could contribute to the success or failure of the federal Affordable Care Act in California.

Doctors say giving non-physicians more authority and autonomy could jeopardize patient safety. It could also drive up costs, because those workers, who have less medical education and training, tend to order more tests and prescribe more antibiotics, they said.

"Patient safety should always trump access concerns," said Dr. Paul Phinney, president of the California Medical Assn.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#857561 Feb 11, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
DBWriter the great and wonderful denier of all things GOP.
but hey, when it's all you've got.....
and how about that love of drones/Obama droning on from the Right Wing Media/GOP Congressmen? got an excuse for that one? a lot of the pissed off nutjob comments on those sites beg for a killer excuse.
I do belong to the TEA Party. I haven't registered as a Republican since 1992 when I first registered Independent. I've never registered as a Democrat because of their history of sabotage of the United States during the Cold War, and they being the source of the system of lies the entire country was indoctrinated with about, specifically, Vietnam, that took 30 years to break before a reasonable portion of the population began to learn the actual facts.
I just have to ask, why do you automatically assume I (and everyone else who points out your bullshit) am Republican?
You are not in touch with reality, dufus. There is more for you to deal with than merely the Republican Party, which currently is run by Democrats wearing RINO costumes.
I do believe the TEA Party intends to change that....

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#857562 Feb 11, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
kind of like the re-re-re-vetting of Obama?
The further morons like you drifts from the truth, the more you will hate those that speak it. Your creativity is your lack of intelligence having fun...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#857563 Feb 11, 2013
martinezjosei wrote:
<quoted text>
So?
Obama can kill any Liberal idiot he wants using drones!!!
But if Bush think about it he will be branded "genocide criminal" by the left!!!
Where are the so called "civil rights defenders", now?
NOWHERE because they really do not care about civil rights, they are just a front of the Liberal party, like the feminists, gays, unions, La Raza, etc.
See? Liberals are brain dead hypocrites easy to fool by their own Liberal Media.
liberal media?

The release of a Justice Department white paper outlining the administration’s legal case for the targeted killing of American citizens who are in cahoots with al-Qaeda has raised protest from the left, which has leeway to criticize the president now that he has been safely reelected, and unfortunately from some on the right, who find it convenient to locate their inner civil-liberty scolds when the White House is occupied by a Democrat. But there is in fact little novel in the white paper or the principles on which it relies. Due process is not generally required in battlefield situations, and an American citizen engaged in hostilities against the United States, on foreign soil and in concert with a terrorist force, is surely not entitled to counsel and a hearing before being dispatched. If he were, it would paralyze our ability to fight war.

And lest we forget, a war it is. We are met in a congressionally authorized armed conflict with Islamist terrorists, one that both sides acknowledge. But even if we were not so engaged, the president would have not only the authority but the obligation to use whatever force is necessary to quell imminent threats to the United States and her population.

http://www.nationalreview.com/articles/340148...

defending civil rights?

the left wing media sure don't say those sort of things.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Waxman

Windsor, CT

#857565 Feb 11, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
kind of like the re-re-re-vetting of Obama?
Really? When was the stooge POS Obama vetted by you liars and cheats? Oh, when Candy Crowley, a captain in the ministry of propaganda we know as the liberal media lied him in the national presidential debate about Benghazi?

Is that an example of the vetting you mean, libtard?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Nov 11

United States

#857566 Feb 11, 2013
obama wrote:
Criminals and Crazy people will always find a way to create violence; in lieu of assault rifles certainly they'll take up fertilizer and coffee grinders to create bombs as terrorists groups in nations with strict gun laws already have. Yet there's no public outcry to ban gardening. Something else must be compelling Obama, following in the steps of Hitler prior to his seize of power, to go after firearms specifically, and the US amendment that was specifically intended to allow the people to resist the government in an armed struggle by founders who felt that another revolution could one day be necessary. Perhaps Obama isn't worried at all about schools, perhaps he smells revolution in the air.

For those who haven't been following American news; the people are not happy. Two movements have emerged, the so-call Tea Party, and the Occupy movement. The Tea Party movement has held major rallies in cities across America gaining massive support but with relatively no interference by the government. The Occupy movements, seeking to directly protest the financial centers where grievances against the American people have not been addressed and continue unabated, have seen what can only be described as regular abuse of authority by the police; while America accuses other nations, like Russia, of taking a tough line on protests, when it comes to blocking traffic on Wall Street America puts it's boot down hard.
Good objective unbiased observation!!!

Now, Liberals, like Pre-Hitler Nazi, trust, believe and like the little black man in the White House, unknownly of his true intentions.

Obama, what's up his sleeves?

"after my second term I will have more flexibility to become the Liberal dictator for the Liberal idiots who voted for me. But the smart Conservatives will not put up with me and my wife telling then what to do and how to live their lives and what to eat and what to teach their kids (homosexuality if great, for example)(Global Warming is not a Hoax) what car to drive and to pay 100% taxes and work for us!!"

"See? I can easily fool Liberals, they will allow me to CONTROL their lives or throw them to jail if they do not buy my health insurance, but Conservatives are smart, I can not easily fool them! I need more help from the Liberal Media, the ones who proctored the Trevon Martin videos and audios".

"but those Conservatives are ARMED and Dangerous. I need to get their guns but I need some excuse. Ah! School shootings, that's it!"

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#857567 Feb 11, 2013
again....

UPDATE: Three People, Including Gunman And Wife, Dead In Delaware Shooting

http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/u...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
lily waxman raton fl

Pompano Beach, FL

#857568 Feb 11, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
President Obama is considering a series of new executive actions aimed at working around a recalcitrant Congress, including policies that could allow struggling homeowners to refinance their mortgages, provide new protections for gays and lesbians, make buildings more energy-efficient and toughen regulations for coal-fired power plants, according to people outside the White House involved in discussions on the issues
http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/obama-...
I heard he also intends to be named the next POPE now.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: May 11

Loysville, PA

#857569 Feb 11, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
I do belong to the TEA Party. I haven't registered as a Republican since 1992 when I first registered Independent. I've never registered as a Democrat because of their history of sabotage of the United States during the Cold War, and they being the source of the system of lies the entire country was indoctrinated with about, specifically, Vietnam, that took 30 years to break before a reasonable portion of the population began to learn the actual facts.
I just have to ask, why do you automatically assume I (and everyone else who points out your bullshit) am Republican?
You are not in touch with reality, dufus. There is more for you to deal with than merely the Republican Party, which currently is run by Democrats wearing RINO costumes.
Tea Party is dead. Thank God.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#857570 Feb 11, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Only a dumbass right whiner would be so f*cking stupid as to think insurance companies do not take into account this same type of stuff.
Group insurance policies, which most employees have, do not consider any personal habits. They consider only the claims experience of the group.

Lots of healthy-eating and extremely fit people have chronic illnesses and/or drop dead of heart attacks at a young age.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#857571 Feb 11, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
not if Rove has anything to say about it.

and yes, he's the RINO who promised a permanent conservative majority.

no wonder that fell on it's face.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#857572 Feb 11, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Solar energy is free. There is no meter.
All you need to do is find away to capture it.
The free phone program has been under existence or decades, dumbass.
Solar energy is far from free. The capital investment per kilowatt of capacity is huge, as are the maintenance costs. Plus, added investment in backup fossil-fueled power is essential to reliability.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#857574 Feb 11, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
again....
UPDATE: Three People, Including Gunman And Wife, Dead In Delaware Shooting
http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/u...
You can ban guns, box cutters, knifes, swords, sticks or stones. You won't disarm a deranged liberal.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#857575 Feb 11, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Solar energy is far from free. The capital investment per kilowatt of capacity is huge, as are the maintenance costs. Plus, added investment in backup fossil-fueled power is essential to reliability.
Sorry that I omitted the devastating environmental impact of solar energy, which consumes and destroys vast areas of fragile desert ecosystems.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#857576 Feb 11, 2013
DBWaiter wrote:
Lindsay Graham says he will put a hold on the nominations for head of the defense department and the CIA until Obama tells him what he did on the night of the Benghazi attacks. The wife and I support this course of action. There is no way we can allow our attention to be diverted by such trivia as having a director of the Pentagon or the primary intelligence gathering organ of our nation until the four families can be told the truth about what happened in the White House that night.
We owe it to these 8-12 individuals to find out the truth even if it means leaving the country open to attack by North Korea or Iran or China during the extensive hearings which, hopefully, will last several years.
Moreover, where was John Kerry during the attack? Who gave the Secretary of State designee a hall pass? The wife and I smell a coverup. Never give up, never surrender!
The wife and I? You don't have a vote in this, ya moran. Lindsey Graham is an idiot.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#857577 Feb 11, 2013
Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? When was the stooge POS Obama vetted by you liars and cheats? Oh, when Candy Crowley, a captain in the ministry of propaganda we know as the liberal media lied him in the national presidential debate about Benghazi?
Is that an example of the vetting you mean, libtard?
"No acts of terror will ever shake the resolve of this great nation, alter that character, or eclipse the light of the values that we stand for."

and it's not our fault you guys suck at vetting(just look at the last 2 national elections. not discounting the 'rape' idiots).

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#857578 Feb 11, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Tea Party is dead. Thank God.
You're all about the democrats needing more morons to replenish their ranks.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#857579 Feb 11, 2013
Realtime wrote:
Jim Greer, the former GOP chair who's trial was scheduled to begin this morning has instead changed his plea to guilty on some of the charges.
Greer's trial was expected to cause tremendous damage and embarrassment to many Florida (R) and former (R) politicians including, Crist and Rubio and perhaps spinning off criminal charges against others.
What will he say that we don't already know? I doubt he will have any affect upon Charlie Crist. What do you think?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#857580 Feb 11, 2013
Nj raider 1 wrote:
F ck the constitution! The mere fact that you people think a piece of paper written over 200yrs ago can guide America into this unknown future is retarded in itself. How can America ever have peace & equality living under thee rules of another time/ history where in life was far from equal & thee writers of that old ass paper of rules were racist themselves. It's true, you people are stupid & & slave minded!
Please post under your real name, Barack.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Amy - 9-29-2014 14 min pde 31
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 15 min Ralph 98,360
Amy 10-1 21 min Kuuipo 6
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 22 min factcheck 47,031
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 43 min HughBe 69,531
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 49 min Cali Girl 2014 50,047
Word (Dec '08) 2 hr andet1987 4,755
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr WelbyMD 178,605

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]