Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 39,467)

Showing posts 789,321 - 789,340 of1,036,600
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Homer 2016

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
I've been a Saints fan since the very beginning of the franchise.
Soccer isn't my favorite sport, although I enjoy watching it. I'm a rugby person. Rugby is the last mano-a-mano sport still played. No protection. Just laws and one referee.
I did enjoy seeing Baltimore win. A player like Ray Lewis comes along once a decade, maybe more seldomly. I liked seeing him retire with a Super Bowl win. And I also think John is a better coach than Jim.
But, San Francisco is for real. I think they are the team to beat in the NFL.
That's cool, Homer is a Giant's fan, I agree with all you stated as well.

Just wanted to see if you could converse on a human level away from your usual 'Who's gonna pay for Obama's government blah blah blah' diatribe.

Cheers.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Homer 2016 wrote:
Bottom line Homer would rather discontinue subsidies to oil companies than give up Saturday mail delivery.
Finishing up that fresh cup of coffee while reading the morning paper, always in the back of your mind the thought of the mail arriving. Then when you know it's time you put on your slippers and take a stroll out to the mailbox, waving at the mail person as they whisk off in the distance with there bounty of letters.
The scent of pine and fresh mown grass greet you as you begin your walk to the mailbox a gentle breeze in your hair and the sun's warmth on your face, each step your pace quickens with the anticipation of finally getting your hands on the morning's correspondence, a smile comes to your face as you finally reach the mailbox.
But alas you have to wait until Monday, as clouds form above you and within a flash the skies open up drenching you as you run back to your house, wet and miserable you think back to days gone by...
Actually, that scent is the exhaust from the old truck used to deliver the mail out to you hill billies.
Homer 2016

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Who's your college football team?
Rutgers.

Since: Nov 11

Westerville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

leosnana wrote:
[QUOTE who=Sam the sham Buckeye]<quoted text>
Why do you want the government telling you what to do with your life?
Why do you hate freedom so much?
Studies show countries with low rates of civilian firearms ownership are the most violent. Countries with high rates of civilian firearms ownership are the safest.
Just look to nearby Mexico if you want to see an example of the gun-grabbers’ idea of utopia. Effectively ruled by violent drug gangs in many areas, parts of Mexico are cesspools of rape, violence and murder.
"

Have a source for your lies, Blockhead? Nobody with "walkin' around sense" believes you.
You want sources?

But you ignored my statement that YOU liberals want the government telling you what to do!!!

It shows that my allegation are true. You DO want a nanny state telling you what to eat, buy, drive, do and THINK!!!

But here is part of the gun issue, anyway:

Despite increases in gun sales, gun crimes continued to decrease in the United States for the fourth straight year in 2010, according to the FBI.

The FBI recently released its Crime in The United States statistics for 2010. Overall, murders in the U.S. have decreased steadily since 2006, dropping from 15,087 to 12,996. Firearms murders — which made up 67 percent of all murders in the U.S. in 2010 — have followed this trend, decreasing by 14 percent.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2011/09/28/gun-crime-c...

“God bless you, Mr. President”

Since: Jul 08

Peaceful, prosperous second

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

martinezjosei wrote:
<quoted text>
You want sources?
But you ignored my statement that YOU liberals want the government telling you what to do!!!
It shows that my allegation are true. You DO want a nanny state telling you what to eat, buy, drive, do and THINK!!!
But here is part of the gun issue, anyway:
Despite increases in gun sales, gun crimes continued to decrease in the United States for the fourth straight year in 2010, according to the FBI.
The FBI recently released its Crime in The United States statistics for 2010. Overall, murders in the U.S. have decreased steadily since 2006, dropping from 15,087 to 12,996. Firearms murders — which made up 67 percent of all murders in the U.S. in 2010 — have followed this trend, decreasing by 14 percent.
Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2011/09/28/gun-crime-c...
Look, Moron, I requested your source for "countries with the most guns are the safest" study, but you apparently can't even read this little Murdock gem you quoted here: "It bears noting that the FBIs data, based on reports from local law enforcement, is far from comprehensive. There are no numbers for Florida on firearm murders, and the data for Illinois is incomplete.

The FBI also warns against using the data to rank areas against each other, noting that rankings are merely a quick choice made by the data user; they provide no insight into the many variables that mold the crime in a particular town, city, county, state, region or other jurisdiction.

Consequently, these rankings lead to simplistic and/or incomplete analyses that often create misleading perceptions adversely affecting cities and counties, along with their residents, the FBI continued."

LMAO@U and the rest of your sock drawer

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a liar and a fool.
""Here is a list of the top 10 corporate deadbeats and slackers:
1) Exxon Mobil made $19 billion in profits in 2009. Exxon not only paid no federal income taxes, it actually received a $156 million rebate from the IRS, according to its SEC filings.
4) Chevron received a $19 million refund from the IRS last year after it made $10 billion in profits in 2009.
6) Valero Energy, the 25th largest company in America with $68 billion in sales last year received a $157 million tax refund check from the IRS and, over the past three years, it received a $134 million tax break from the oil and gas manufacturing tax deduction.
9) ConocoPhillips, the fifth largest oil company in the United States, made $16 billion in profits from 2007 through 2009, but received $451 million in tax breaks through the oil and gas manufacturing deduction.
----------
Out of the top ten deadbeats, oil companies comprise 4 of the spots.
You were saying something about specifics??
Read it and weep, nitwit.
I like that. The resident idiot here writes

"Here is a list of the top 10 corporate deadbeats and slackers: "

and then lists (4).

Hee, Hee.(10) is way over the limit for your pudgy little fingers?

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

My new hero is Dr. Benjamin Carson. Put the smack down on Obama at the prayer meeting this morning!!!!
Realtime

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

The NE blizzard conditions are apparently playing havoc with this thread (topix #1 btw) shutting down East coast and, cough, West coast posters alike.

Oh Well

Time Magazine has pronounced Marco aka Mark Rubio the GOP savior__they also loved Jindal and of course Rand Paul. This love affair too will pass right after Marco shows his stuff as head rebutter to Obama's state of the union address.

Drone hearings are beginning presently for those that like their info first hand.

Since: Nov 09

Alamo, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
We're actually getting somewhere now.
Only half the country pays income taxes. The Democrats promote increasing the taxes on those they call "rich".
Here's the reality:
Those the Democrats call "rich" don't even have that much in earnings to be taxed if you taxed them at 100 percent and made them destitute. You still don't have the money to pay for Obama's government.
So, the question still remains.
Where will the money come from to pay for Obama's government?
After you tax everything everyone currently paying income taxes, you still don't have enough money to pay for Obama's government.
Where will the money come from to pay for Obama's government?
You must have hit your head on your bunker again. Take another look at Article I, sect 8 of the Constitution. Have a friend that at least reached junior high school explain that this means Congress has the EXCLUSIVE power to spend money, not the president. Ergo - Obama doesn't spend money, nothing to pay for.

"The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States"

full text:
http://www.archives.gov/exhibits/charters/con...
Realtime

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

flack wrote:
My new hero is Dr. Benjamin Carson. Put the smack down on Obama at the prayer meeting this morning!!!!
You found your new hero at The Blaze? Isn't that where Glenda Beck hangs out?
Forks_make_Us_fa t

Montgomery, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

47%ers, and using maps to help folks locate a target...

"...Floyd Corkins, the guy who planned to kill a bunch of people at the Family Research Council offices in Washington, DC and then rub Chick-fil-A sandwiches in their faces as they died, pleaded guilty yesterday. And he admitted that he picked the FRC and several other targets based on a Hate Map at the Southern Poverty Law Center website:"

http://dailycaller.com/2013/02/07/splc-southe...
Forks_make_Us_fa t

Montgomery, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

475ers, and when you hate guns so much that you have to use guns to tell us so...

"Suspected LA Cop Killer Posted Pro-Obama, Pro-Gun Control, Leftist Rant on the Web (Update: KTLA Whitewash)"

http://pjmedia.com/tatler/2013/02/07/suspecte...

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
The question is not oil industry subsidies, but all subsidies.
I agree, oil just happened to come up.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Realtime wrote:
The NE blizzard conditions are apparently playing havoc with this thread (topix #1 btw) shutting down East coast and, cough, West coast posters alike.
Oh Well
Time Magazine has pronounced Marco aka Mark Rubio the GOP savior__they also loved Jindal and of course Rand Paul. This love affair too will pass right after Marco shows his stuff as head rebutter to Obama's state of the union address.
Drone hearings are beginning presently for those that like their info first hand.
Bush couldn't waterboard terrorist, but obama can kill American citizens.

“God bless you, Mr. President”

Since: Jul 08

Peaceful, prosperous second

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

flack wrote:
New hero? Surely you jest...quoted in crazy Beck's con, Medal from George Dumbya, wants a ten percent flat tax, and everybody to say, Merry Christmas and read the Bible...yada, yada, yada...
Forks_make_Us_fa t

Montgomery, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

47%ers would love for you to carry a ham sandwich....

"Crowd packs heat; Oak Harbor backs down"

http://mynorthwest.com/11/2195317/Crowd-packs...
hairy _ape_Chest_beat

Montgomery, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Realtime wrote:
Oh Well
Obama pooped in the toilet and all the Liberals went and took a look...

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>You found your new hero at The Blaze? Isn't that where Glenda Beck hangs out?
Haven't been on the Blaze in weeks. Why was he on there? He only said what I've been saying for years!!!

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
You're the one claiming our "occupation" of the middle east is a subsidy. I'm claiming it's a matter of national security. You made the "criticality of oil to our economy" part of the discussion. Now you want to put the goal post back where it was.
Is UAE now the 51st state?

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

If he's got you libtards that stirred up I like him even more!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 789,321 - 789,340 of1,036,600
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

90 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Amy 4-19 16 min boundary painter 15
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 20 min litesong 43,149
word in common game (Aug '13) 22 min boundary painter 21
Abby 4-23 28 min Mister Tonka 25
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 31 min KiMare 47,170
Abby 4-22 32 min Mister Tonka 38
Amy 4-20 44 min boundary painter 6
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr ScarletandOlive 96,262
Amy 4-23 2 hr edogxxx 38
ask amy 4-22 4 hr Sublime1 69
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••