Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
789,181 - 789,200 of 1,081,641 Comments Last updated 29 min ago

Since: May 11

Fayetteville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
Notice OldRaider just invoked the class warfare card talking about the rich getting richer, not backing anything up. Typical Democrat Zombie repeater. You cannot have debate with a weasel that makes stuff up like the weasel OldRaider does. I ignored his post, but read yours, which was well founded and presented facts. His did not present any facts, just class warfare rhetoric from that boring moron.
If you do not know that the rich have gotten richer the past few decades as the middle class shrunk, then you are as f*cking stupid as we all know you are.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
The Great Drone Panic
It is Luddism masquerading as civil libertarianism.
The influential conservative columnist Charles Krauthammer wants drones banned domestically and thinks the first American to shoot one down will be declared a national hero. Senator Rand Paul considers them a clear-and-present danger to American freedom and is offering legislation to require a warrant every time one takes flight, except to patrol the border or in extraordinary circumstances. The drone is to our liberty what the wolf is to sheep, a natural enemy.
It is understandable that drones don’t have a warm-and-fuzzy image. Overseas, they are vehicles for an ongoing campaign of assassination. The drone attack has become the signature tactic in the war against terror. Spectacularly precise strikes take out people who had no idea they were coming, in notably antiseptic (for the operator of the drone, at least) acts of warfare.
And this is the first objection to the use of drones domestically: They are weapons of war! About to be deployed here at home! Not exactly. We don’t kill people with drones; we kill them with Hellfire missiles. The drone is just the platform. By this standard, we would have no police helicopters because helicopters are weapons of war. For that matter, by this standard police shouldn’t be allowed to carry firearms, which are a weapon of war going back a couple of centuries.
As for police drones randomly watching us as we innocently go about our business, this is not a novel phenomenon. Police do it all the time. It is called a patrol. They do it utilizing all manner of technology — on foot, on horseback, on bikes, in cars, and even on Segway scooters. So long as they are looking at us in public areas where we have no reasonable expectation of privacy, our liberty survives intact.
http://www.nationalreview.com/articles/304843...
Neo-Luddism stems from the concept that technology has a negative impact on individuals and communities.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neo-Luddism
The technology itself is irrelevant and the "Neo-Luddite" argument is a red herring. The premise of perpetual war lending wartime authority to the government is the issue. If a DC bureaucrat orders the execution of an individual without any evidence or charges and no court to present it to in any case it doesn't matter whether the execution is carried out by drone or hit squad. What matters is that apparently everyone from Krauthammer to Obama accepts this state of perpetual war and only sees a need to regulate it. If some guarantee of the prudential use of power were sufficient we wouldn't have any need for our founding documents; the Constitution could just read:

The government can only do good, no bad is allowed.
JerryD

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
Notice OldRaider just invoked the class warfare card talking about the rich getting richer, not backing anything up. Typical Democrat Zombie repeater. You cannot have debate with a weasel that makes stuff up like the weasel OldRaider does. I ignored his post, but read yours, which was well founded and presented facts. His did not present any facts, just class warfare rhetoric from that boring moron.
Your side practices class warfare, so don't deny it.

Who else attacks welfare, social security and minimum wage which benefits the poor?

Who else is anti-union and pro-Wall Street?

Who else would allow credit card companies to charge 30% per year?

Who else sides with HMOs and against affordable healthcare?

Who else fights constantly for the benefit of the wealthy?

Sorry to pop your bubble.

Since: Nov 09

Alamo, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

Waxman wrote:
looks like OldRaider likes the "Obstructionist" word:
2008bill wrote:
I have decided to leave this thread, so that juvenile "obstructinists" Like Waxman, Dean Martin, Gregory Scott, and Chylloh, that have no desire to participate in an adult manner, can continue to sit around the pot belly stove, with gun in one hand and Bible in the other, sharing demeaning and hateful drivel about this POTUS, this Administration, and our (American) Government. Their comments repeatedly posted here, go way beyond the intent of freedom of speech, and I will no longer be involved with those that portray, vile, and gutter styled, anti-American Values. There are plenty of other threads that I can post on, and other forums as well.
http://www.topix.com/forum/source/lebanon-dai...
Good to see you back 2008bill! How is lala land?
I noticed the judge-its start to soar so I knew you'd be showing up with some dumbass comment that you could award yourself brilliants for. You are a pathetic fraud that even those on the right are embarrassed by. You are a sick psychopath that I enjoy exposing and pointing to as a member in good standing of the lunatic base of the Republican party. He's all yours right wingers!
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
The cabal at work that tends to congregate in the corner near my cube has likely never heard of Topix but I hear the same retarded nonsense from them that the retards here hold as gospel. In other words, I think Topix is a reflection not a source and its reflecting what ever O'Reilly sad last night or Rush said this afternoon or Mitch McConnell said in a soundbite on Fox this morning.
Carol's a prime example, you don't have to watch O'Reilly, just watch for her non-sequiter pivot and you'll know exactly whatever it was O'Reilly was ranting about the night before.
Oh, that is so true. If you ever notice the comments on any article in other news sources; it's the same theme. They are mimicking Beck, O'Reilly and the bevy of other nutjobs on AM radio and Fox. They're all parrots.
JerryD

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
Now see, you perpetuate misconceptions better left to low information voters with statements like that. It's not helpful. The "Magic Negro" appellation is the brainchild of L.A. Times contributor, David Ehrenstein. Rush made it famous. You must not have received that information.
And you repeat it endlessly.

Fayetteville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"real dumb"
You are dumb!!!! You also do not understand what you read. I have posted numerous times about the lousy job Bush and the republicans did in cutting spending, cutting the debt. You are simply an ignorant troll, a non thinking, kiss nobama's ass parrot.
Peace
KMA
But you said I was wrong when I said Bush's & Republican performance is what gave he election to Obama in 2008.

Make up your mind.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Much like China, we will soon be facing a political machine consisting of a single Party, The Party. There won't be elections as we've seen in the past.
Yes, having two parties that are virtually indistinguishable in action is such an improvement over a one-party system.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

JerryD wrote:
<quoted text>
So that was sarcasm?
Yes; meanwhile:

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/charlie-s...

You mentioned me in your manifesto, so thank you for your kind words," Sheen said in the brief video posted to TMZ.com . "I am urging you to call me. Let's figure out together how to end this thing."
TSM

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

I mean you just can’t make this Stuff Up!!China Eclipses USA as Biggest Trading Nation and America owes communist nation $1.2 Trillion...Thank You Obama!!

Fayetteville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
If 9/11 hadn't happened, if Clinton hadn't let Osama skate, if Democrats hadn't won Congress in '07, if, if, if. See how this works? The point is, Obama isn't as advertised, he isn't "The Great Black Hope". He's a dismal failure. He wasn't the only candidate available to you, he was the "Magic Negro". You weren't forced to vote for him, you chose to. Now, after it's abundantly clear he's a clownish fraud, you won't admit you made a bad choice. Your solution, holding true to form, ban all mulatto candidates.
You can't even admit it.

Bush's & the Republican's poor performance enabled Obama o win in 2008.

The economy is better since Obama became President.

I voted for Obama in 2008 because I was damn sure I wasn't voting in another GD loser Republican after they nearly killed this country. Only morons like you would still vote Republican.

Alamo, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

TSM wrote:
<quoted text>
OldRaider you do live in a delusional World!! The Congressional Budget Office's just-released economic forecast for 2013 is dispiriting, to say the least. The GDP is expected to grow by only 1.4%, the unemployment rate will "stay near" 8%, the deficit will reach $845 billion!!
Raider… The long-term unemployment rate is over 14%, and if the labor force was merely the same size today as it was the day Obama took office, today's unemployment rate would be closer to 11%!!
Assume you're right, what have you and the Republican party done to help these jobless people?
Besides blocking Obama's job program, reducing unemployment benefits, fighting health care for the poor and whining.
The delusional world you speak of is the one created for you by FOX and their number spinners.

Fayetteville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
If the Republicans hadn't given to the Democrats their Marxist equal-outcome subprime mortgage underwriting program in exchange for the Democrats supporting the war in Iraq, then the economy would not have collapsed and you clowns would have to find some other event to invent a system of propaganda lies about to use the so-called "mainstream media" to indoctrinate the population with.
There was no "equal outcome".

You are lying.

Fayetteville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Allow me to clarify...
What he means is you freeloaders voting for free energy for yourselves, while the other half of the population continues to pay for everything.
We pay for the disign and development and installation and implementation for you.
... and you vote Obama and free energy for your welfare state that refuse to do anything for themselves.
There you go again. Being unable to comprehend & resorting to more lies.

Free energy? Where?

Why am I subsidizing your paycheck?
JerryD

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

TSM wrote:
I mean you just can’t make this Stuff Up!!China Eclipses USA as Biggest Trading Nation and America owes communist nation $1.2 Trillion...Thank You Obama!!
The balance of trade isn't a reflection of government policies for the most part, dummy. What it means is, over the last 30-40 years the American consumer prefers products produced abroad over what our businesses produce. All those junky cars produced by GM in the mid to late 70s for example pushed U.S. buyers into BMWs, Honda and Nissan.

Alamo, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>That's funny considering that Obama claimed that he would "create millions of jobs" by investing in new, alternative energy sources. Sadly, we've seen how investing in Solyndra worked out for the underclass laymen whose tax dollars funded the money he gave that company. I wonder how much Obama got out of that deal?
We're still waiting on those "millions" of new jobs to materialize from Obama's progressive ideas on wasting our money. If his idea of creating new jobs is by having the taxpayer pay to get them then we are all screwed. Maybe I should bribe Walmart to hire my neighbor?
Lying for Obama doesn't hide the fact that he's destroying this nation.
Other than reducing taxes on the wealthy and relying on trickle down economics, what great ideas has Obama ignored that have been offered from the right? Instead of regurgitating spin from FOX try taking a class in economics. Oh that's right, you conservatives believe education makes you a snob.
JerryD

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

If you touch Waxie, you'll get brown stuff on you.
Waxman

Windsor, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

JerryD wrote:
<quoted text>
Your side practices class warfare, so don't deny it.
Who else attacks welfare, social security and minimum wage which benefits the poor?
Who else is anti-union and pro-Wall Street?
Who else would allow credit card companies to charge 30% per year?
Who else sides with HMOs and against affordable healthcare?
Who else fights constantly for the benefit of the wealthy?
Sorry to pop your bubble.
Who else posts crap without an ounce of data to substantiate his rhetoric?

A moronic liberal Democrat like you.

Sorry to pop your pimple, libtard.
DBWriter

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
There you go again. Being unable to comprehend & resorting to more lies.
Free energy? Where?
Why am I subsidizing your paycheck?
Pacheck?

What's that?
Lincoln

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

TSM wrote:
<quoted text>
OldRaider you do live in a delusional World!! The Congressional Budget Office's just-released economic forecast for 2013 is dispiriting, to say the least. The GDP is expected to grow by only 1.4%, the unemployment rate will "stay near" 8%, the deficit will reach $845 billion!!
Raider… The long-term unemployment rate is over 14%, and if the labor force was merely the same size today as it was the day Obama took office, today's unemployment rate would be closer to 11%!!
President Obama approval rating 58%

House Republicans 7%

President Obama 50.5 % Popular Vote

Gov. Romney 47%

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

63 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 20 min danetoo 68,038
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 41 min edogxxx 97,548
Abby 7-28 43 min edogxxx 1
Amy 7-28 45 min edogxxx 1
Interview with retired border patrol agent. Tru... 1 hr WOW That Realy Is Scary 2
One kilometre high and counting (Jul '07) 4 hr TW_sugar_daddio 17
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 6 hr LRS 174,860
•••

Beach Hazards Statement for Cook County was issued at July 28 at 3:19AM CDT

•••
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••