Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
789,161 - 789,180 of 1,079,914 Comments Last updated 3 min ago
Lincoln

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure, as compared to who? Rumsfeld, Wolfowitz and Condoleeza Rice?
Carol seems gone
nobama seems still in the closet, often posting gay stuff
is the tread over ?

Since: Nov 09

Alamo, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

TSM wrote:
<quoted text>
OldRaider it’s not about me it’s about the country, if 1/6 Americans in Poverty, 47 Million Americans of Food Stamps, 5.4 Million signing up for Disability, 12 million Americans Unemployed and Obamacare will cost 7 million their health insurance!! So you approve of this disaster as long as it doesn’t affect You….Right?
More jobs are being added every day. Obstructionist Republicans have fought Obama's jobs program tooth and nail. Republicans brand every person that's out of work a deadbeat and fight any effort to help.
So I'm doing my part by supporting efforts to improve the lives of people that need help. You and your friends on the right are doing everything they can make the rich richer....Right?

“talk to the kitteh”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
If you and the other happy puppies choose to step off a cliff into the black abyss on the marching orders of the Boy Messiah, that's just fine.
You can even turn toward me, grin and give me the finger as you do it.
Being happy and stupid is your god-given right.
Exercise the hell out of it, Dood.
Much like China, we will soon be facing a political machine consisting of a single Party, The Party. There won't be elections as we've seen in the past.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
The Great Drone Panic
It is Luddism masquerading as civil libertarianism.
The influential conservative columnist Charles Krauthammer wants drones banned domestically and thinks the first American to shoot one down will be declared a national hero. Senator Rand Paul considers them a clear-and-present danger to American freedom and is offering legislation to require a warrant every time one takes flight, except to patrol the border or in extraordinary circumstances. The drone is to our liberty what the wolf is to sheep, a natural enemy.
It is understandable that drones don’t have a warm-and-fuzzy image. Overseas, they are vehicles for an ongoing campaign of assassination. The drone attack has become the signature tactic in the war against terror. Spectacularly precise strikes take out people who had no idea they were coming, in notably antiseptic (for the operator of the drone, at least) acts of warfare.
And this is the first objection to the use of drones domestically: They are weapons of war! About to be deployed here at home! Not exactly. We don’t kill people with drones; we kill them with Hellfire missiles. The drone is just the platform. By this standard, we would have no police helicopters because helicopters are weapons of war. For that matter, by this standard police shouldn’t be allowed to carry firearms, which are a weapon of war going back a couple of centuries.
As for police drones randomly watching us as we innocently go about our business, this is not a novel phenomenon. Police do it all the time. It is called a patrol. They do it utilizing all manner of technology — on foot, on horseback, on bikes, in cars, and even on Segway scooters. So long as they are looking at us in public areas where we have no reasonable expectation of privacy, our liberty survives intact.
http://www.nationalreview.com/articles/304843...
Neo-Luddism stems from the concept that technology has a negative impact on individuals and communities.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neo-Luddism
All drones are not created equal. The "surveillance hummingbird" is a one ounce drone that can hover one foot off the ground and film someone through their window or patio door__it actually looks like a hummingbird.

The little helo drones that police are purchasing in the $25K per range are also being used by professional photographers to capture never before possible scenes of wildlife, architecture, sporting events etc.

The politicians, the news readers and political pundits are unfairly "selling" all drones as killer drones and they're doing a great job of it based on Flack's and some others posts.
Waxman

Windsor, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

looks like OldRaider likes the "Obstructionist" word:

2008bill wrote:

I have decided to leave this thread, so that juvenile "obstructinists" Like Waxman, Dean Martin, Gregory Scott, and Chylloh, that have no desire to participate in an adult manner, can continue to sit around the pot belly stove, with gun in one hand and Bible in the other, sharing demeaning and hateful drivel about this POTUS, this Administration, and our (American) Government. Their comments repeatedly posted here, go way beyond the intent of freedom of speech, and I will no longer be involved with those that portray, vile, and gutter styled, anti-American Values. There are plenty of other threads that I can post on, and other forums as well.

http://www.topix.com/forum/source/lebanon-dai...

Good to see you back 2008bill! How is lala land?
TSM

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

OldRaider wrote:
<quoted text>
More jobs are being added every day. Obstructionist Republicans have fought Obama's jobs program tooth and nail. Republicans brand every person that's out of work a deadbeat and fight any effort to help.
So I'm doing my part by supporting efforts to improve the lives of people that need help. You and your friends on the right are doing everything they can make the rich richer....Right?
OldRaider you do live in a delusional World!! The Congressional Budget Office's just-released economic forecast for 2013 is dispiriting, to say the least. The GDP is expected to grow by only 1.4%, the unemployment rate will "stay near" 8%, the deficit will reach $845 billion!!
Raider… The long-term unemployment rate is over 14%, and if the labor force was merely the same size today as it was the day Obama took office, today's unemployment rate would be closer to 11%!!
JerryD

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course, hasn't anybody noticed the color of Dorner's skin? What else could he be but an EBT luvin' libral?
Duh!
And judging people by the color of their skin is what you conservatives do best.

Duh...
Realtime

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Yeah right__now there was a losing trifecta ticket.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
The Great Drone Panic
It is Luddism masquerading as civil libertarianism.
The influential conservative columnist Charles Krauthammer wants drones banned domestically and thinks the first American to shoot one down will be declared a national hero. Senator Rand Paul considers them a clear-and-present danger to American freedom and is offering legislation to require a warrant every time one takes flight, except to patrol the border or in extraordinary circumstances. The drone is to our liberty what the wolf is to sheep, a natural enemy.
It is understandable that drones don’t have a warm-and-fuzzy image. Overseas, they are vehicles for an ongoing campaign of assassination. The drone attack has become the signature tactic in the war against terror. Spectacularly precise strikes take out people who had no idea they were coming, in notably antiseptic (for the operator of the drone, at least) acts of warfare.
And this is the first objection to the use of drones domestically: They are weapons of war! About to be deployed here at home! Not exactly. We don’t kill people with drones; we kill them with Hellfire missiles. The drone is just the platform. By this standard, we would have no police helicopters because helicopters are weapons of war. For that matter, by this standard police shouldn’t be allowed to carry firearms, which are a weapon of war going back a couple of centuries.
As for police drones randomly watching us as we innocently go about our business, this is not a novel phenomenon. Police do it all the time. It is called a patrol. They do it utilizing all manner of technology — on foot, on horseback, on bikes, in cars, and even on Segway scooters. So long as they are looking at us in public areas where we have no reasonable expectation of privacy, our liberty survives intact.
http://www.nationalreview.com/articles/304843...
Neo-Luddism stems from the concept that technology has a negative impact on individuals and communities.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neo-Luddism
This is a deliberate twisting of the intent of the drone program to instill fear in their moronic flock. And, if one would judge by the dunderheads on here; it works.

“talk to the kitteh”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

OldRaider wrote:
<quoted text>
That's funny considering that Obama claimed that he would "create millions of jobs" by investing in new, alternative energy sources. Sadly, we've seen how investing in Solyndra worked out for the underclass laymen whose tax dollars funded the money he gave that company. I wonder how much Obama got out of that deal?

We're still waiting on those "millions" of new jobs to materialize from Obama's progressive ideas on wasting our money. If his idea of creating new jobs is by having the taxpayer pay to get them then we are all screwed. Maybe I should bribe Walmart to hire my neighbor?

Lying for Obama doesn't hide the fact that he's destroying this nation.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

JerryD wrote:
<quoted text>
And judging people by the color of their skin is what you conservatives do best.
Duh...
He's not a conservative
RepubliCLOWN

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Allow me to clarify...
What he means is you freeloaders voting for free energy for yourselves, while the other half of the population continues to pay for everything.
We pay for the disign and development and installation and implementation for you.
... and you vote Obama and free energy for your welfare state that refuse to do anything for themselves.
"BS" !!!!

“talk to the kitteh”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

shinningelectr0n wrote:
It would be so much cheaper, easier and faster to take care of what's causing the unrest.
JerryD

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Good 'ol Weezi Rice.

The Republicans top choice for National Security Advisor.

RICE: Well, when George Tenet give me dat 9-11 brief six weeks before the attack, ah thoughts it wuz a historical document. So ah tossed it in the trash. Now, wasn't that silly?
Waxman

Windsor, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

TSM wrote:
<quoted text>
OldRaider you do live in a delusional World!! The Congressional Budget Office's just-released economic forecast for 2013 is dispiriting, to say the least. The GDP is expected to grow by only 1.4%, the unemployment rate will "stay near" 8%, the deficit will reach $845 billion!!
Raider… The long-term unemployment rate is over 14%, and if the labor force was merely the same size today as it was the day Obama took office, today's unemployment rate would be closer to 11%!!
Notice OldRaider just invoked the class warfare card talking about the rich getting richer, not backing anything up. Typical Democrat Zombie repeater. You cannot have debate with a weasel that makes stuff up like the weasel OldRaider does. I ignored his post, but read yours, which was well founded and presented facts. His did not present any facts, just class warfare rhetoric from that boring moron.
JerryD

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Lying for Obama doesn't hide the fact that he's destroying this nation.
But Bush left behind an earthly paradise.

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Anybody who quotes Rush Limbaugh is somebody who quotes Rush Limbaugh so there.
Now see, you perpetuate misconceptions better left to low information voters with statements like that. It's not helpful. The "Magic Negro" appellation is the brainchild of L.A. Times contributor, David Ehrenstein. Rush made it famous. You must not have received that information.
JerryD

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
He's not a conservative
So that was sarcasm?
Realtime

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Quote of the Day
Nicole Wallace on Marco Rubio:“He’s everything we need and more. He’s modern. He knows who Tupac is. He is on social media.”
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/archives/2013/02...
Rep. Keith Ellison, D-Minn., dismissed recent gestures by prominent members of the GOP suggesting a softening of Republican positions as simply “lipstick on a pig.”
“I think all of this stuff is just surface stuff. It’s like lipstick on a pig,” Ellison said.“I mean, the bottom line is, the Republicans have a core values problem, not a ‘who knows who Tupac Shakur is’ problem.”
worse.
Marco is like some accidental senator imo__he won a very weird Republican primary and even a weirder face off in the general election.

Marco's wife doesn't like politics at all and wishes he had just remained an attorney/city commissioner in Miami. She may have changed her mind by now but she did say that not long ago on national television and that interview will come forefront during the Republican primary if Marco makes a run for POTUS in 2016.

Tupak? I'll guarantee that he knows Luther Campbell.

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

Nj raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text> How is it you people living in states with some of the lowest taxes are the ones disgruntled & I living in the highest taxed state in the country understands the sacrifices necessary for this country to rebound? Bush f'ed up the dream of putting something away for college funds & rainy days. These are the economic times we're in. We're ni longer planning for tomorrow, but living for today. How exactly is that Obama's fault? Ya'll seem to have a problem with giving blame where credit is due. One things for sure & two things for certain, you can take an apple pie & make shyt pie, but you can't take shyt pie & make an apple pie . Ya'll want Obama to make apple pie out of shyt pie. Asshole!
"How is it.."? I'd have to say because you don't have a job or own a business or pay income tax. Couple any one of those with your membership in the Moron Coalition and you have your answer, dicksmoker.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

83 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Abby July 25, 2014 8 min edogxxx 7
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 13 min truth 48,907
Voice of God Weapon 21 min Psychopaths 4
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 23 min Mothra 45,794
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 26 min Sublime1 97,534
Ask Amy July 25, 2014 30 min Sublime1 3
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 32 min LRS 174,625
Amy 7-24 1 hr Mister Tonka 24
Abby 7-24 14 hr Pippa 42
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••