Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#857160 Feb 10, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>This kind of crazy was born and lives on the topix Orlando Florida forum with about 16 current threads all spewing the same craziness. The poster is supported by a dozen or so other crazy emefers that frequently spread out to nearby threads, this one for instance particularly overnight.
The nonsense has been ongoing since around 2006 when topix was affiliated with the Trib Corp as the reader response sections of it's online publications. These folks are trolls and flamewarriors of the very highest order. A dozen people posting around the clock on numerous topix threads day in and day out for seven years__give that a bit of thought.
The cabal at work that tends to congregate in the corner near my cube has likely never heard of Topix but I hear the same retarded nonsense from them that the retards here hold as gospel. In other words, I think Topix is a reflection not a source and its reflecting what ever O'Reilly sad last night or Rush said this afternoon or Mitch McConnell said in a soundbite on Fox this morning.

Carol's a prime example, you don't have to watch O'Reilly, just watch for her non-sequiter pivot and you'll know exactly whatever it was O'Reilly was ranting about the night before.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Nov 09

Pharr, TX

#857161 Feb 10, 2013
TSM wrote:
<quoted text>
OldRaider…I understand those living off the Taxpayers Dime is doing Well such as yourself, but those of us that produce those Tax Dollars are Feeling the Pinch, so quit being selfish and get out of the wagon and Help Pull! Like the Messiah said’ Get some Skin in the Game!!
Only money the government is sending me is the Social Security I paid in. Life is good!
Now, what EXACTLY is it in your life that has been ruined by Obama?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#857162 Feb 10, 2013
Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
It was eleven pages so of course I left things out. Yes, I saw that jive sentence he wrote, but it's more than obvious this guy is not a Republican and if he ever voted, he votes Democrat. I don't think it could be any clearer. Trying to say he's a registered republican because he said a nice thing about Bush # 1 is not convincing.
This guy is a nutjob, murderer and liar. I don't believe much of what he says or "claims" to be his feelings or who he would vote for. He may have said that bunk about Huntsman but if so, why all the praise for people on the left?
He's a lefty & Obama voter for sure. He is no way a Republican, not even close.
Of course, hasn't anybody noticed the color of Dorner's skin? What else could he be but an EBT luvin' libral?

Duh!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
JerryD

Los Angeles, CA

#857164 Feb 10, 2013
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
If 9/11 hadn't happened, if Clinton hadn't let Osama skate, if Democrats hadn't won Congress in '07, if, if, if.
Clinton "let Obama skate"?

In your dreams. At the time, there was no proof OBL had committed crimes against the U.S. Remember, this is before the African embassy bombings.

As for Obama, he's cleaning up the gargantuan mess you hypocrites left behind.

Try to remember Clinton left behind a balanced budget and no unfinished wars.

Location hidden

#857165 Feb 10, 2013
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
If 9/11 hadn't happened, if Clinton hadn't let Osama skate, if Democrats hadn't won Congress in '07, if, if, if. See how this works? The point is, Obama isn't as advertised, he isn't "The Great Black Hope". He's a dismal failure. He wasn't the only candidate available to you, he was the "Magic Negro". You weren't forced to vote for him, you chose to. Now, after it's abundantly clear he's a clownish fraud, you won't admit you made a bad choice. Your solution, holding true to form, ban all mulatto candidates.
Anybody who quotes Rush Limbaugh is somebody who quotes Rush Limbaugh so there.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#857166 Feb 10, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
Rand Paul: Tea Party SOTU Response Not ‘Divisive’
Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY) said Sunday that the tea party response to President Obama's State of the Union address that he will deliver is not meant to divide conservatives. The idea is to give an "extra" response in addition to the Republican one, which will be delivered by Sen. Marco Rubio (R-FL), Paul explained.
http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/r...
"I won't say anything on there that necessarily is like Marco Rubio is wrong."
but kinda like?
Piyush Jindal was the (R) rising star until he appeared with the Republican response to an Obama state of the union address. LMAO Jindal's manner of speaking turned him into a shooting star.

Rubio is not much better than Jindal, might actually be worse and Paul often comes across as a radical, the (R's) might as well let Bachmann join the rebuttal.

I wonder how Rand is handling his sons federal felony charges.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Nj raider 1

United States

#857167 Feb 10, 2013
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
Makes you wonder if "the rest of the world" has a little buyers remorse too.
I'm not certain calling someone a moron then relying on their opinion does much for your argument, it does partly explain your voting the way you did.
No complaints? Good, you got yours, fcuk everybody else.
How is it you people living in states with some of the lowest taxes are the ones disgruntled & I living in the highest taxed state in the country understands the sacrifices necessary for this country to rebound? Bush f'ed up the dream of putting something away for college funds & rainy days. These are the economic times we're in. We're ni longer planning for tomorrow, but living for today. How exactly is that Obama's fault? Ya'll seem to have a problem with giving blame where credit is due. One things for sure & two things for certain, you can take an apple pie & make shyt pie, but you can't take shyt pie & make an apple pie . Ya'll want Obama to make apple pie out of shyt pie. Asshole!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#857168 Feb 10, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Mr Eed, the dumbass, thinks that Bush & the Republicans had nothing to do with the economic disasters during his administration.
"real dumb"
You are dumb!!!! You also do not understand what you read. I have posted numerous times about the lousy job Bush and the republicans did in cutting spending, cutting the debt. You are simply an ignorant troll, a non thinking, kiss nobama's ass parrot.
Peace
KMA

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
TSM

El Paso, TX

#857169 Feb 10, 2013
OldRaider wrote:
<quoted text>
Only money the government is sending me is the Social Security I paid in. Life is good!
Now, what EXACTLY is it in your life that has been ruined by Obama?
OldRaider it’s not about me it’s about the country, if 1/6 Americans in Poverty, 47 Million Americans of Food Stamps, 5.4 Million signing up for Disability, 12 million Americans Unemployed and Obamacare will cost 7 million their health insurance!! So you approve of this disaster as long as it doesn’t affect You….Right?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#857170 Feb 10, 2013
OldRaider wrote:
<quoted text>
What is it that Obama failed at? The rest of the world is struggling but here in the USA things are doing better every day. Even that moron waxturd brags about how well he is doing financially! Although in the next idiotic post this hypocrite whines about how bad things are?????
Tell us specifically how Obama has ruined your life. No complaints here.
Barack Hussein has failed at everything. Obamacare is a monitary nightmare. In five years no working person will be able to afford private heathcare. Just exactly what Obamacare will, and was put in place to accomplish.. Bankrupt the private system, we are quickly becoming Canada and England. Just ask the citizens of those countries how that is working out for them?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#857171 Feb 10, 2013
The Great Drone Panic

It is Luddism masquerading as civil libertarianism.

The influential conservative columnist Charles Krauthammer wants drones banned domestically and thinks the first American to shoot one down will be declared a national hero. Senator Rand Paul considers them a clear-and-present danger to American freedom and is offering legislation to require a warrant every time one takes flight, except to patrol the border or in extraordinary circumstances. The drone is to our liberty what the wolf is to sheep, a natural enemy.

It is understandable that drones don’t have a warm-and-fuzzy image. Overseas, they are vehicles for an ongoing campaign of assassination. The drone attack has become the signature tactic in the war against terror. Spectacularly precise strikes take out people who had no idea they were coming, in notably antiseptic (for the operator of the drone, at least) acts of warfare.

And this is the first objection to the use of drones domestically: They are weapons of war! About to be deployed here at home! Not exactly. We don’t kill people with drones; we kill them with Hellfire missiles. The drone is just the platform. By this standard, we would have no police helicopters because helicopters are weapons of war. For that matter, by this standard police shouldn’t be allowed to carry firearms, which are a weapon of war going back a couple of centuries.

As for police drones randomly watching us as we innocently go about our business, this is not a novel phenomenon. Police do it all the time. It is called a patrol. They do it utilizing all manner of technology — on foot, on horseback, on bikes, in cars, and even on Segway scooters. So long as they are looking at us in public areas where we have no reasonable expectation of privacy, our liberty survives intact.

http://www.nationalreview.com/articles/304843...

Neo-Luddism stems from the concept that technology has a negative impact on individuals and communities.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neo-Luddism
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#857172 Feb 10, 2013
Realtime wrote:
Dick Cheney speaks out on Obama's cabinet selections calling Kerry, Hagel and Brennan 2nd rate candidates.
Sure, as compared to who? Rumsfeld, Wolfowitz and Condoleeza Rice?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#857173 Feb 10, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Piyush Jindal was the (R) rising star until he appeared with the Republican response to an Obama state of the union address. LMAO Jindal's manner of speaking turned him into a shooting star.
Rubio is not much better than Jindal, might actually be worse and Paul often comes across as a radical, the (R's) might as well let Bachmann join the rebuttal.
I wonder how Rand is handling his sons federal felony charges.
Quote of the Day

Nicole Wallace on Marco Rubio:“He’s everything we need and more. He’s modern. He knows who Tupac is. He is on social media.”

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/archives/2013/02...

Rep. Keith Ellison, D-Minn., dismissed recent gestures by prominent members of the GOP suggesting a softening of Republican positions as simply “lipstick on a pig.”

“I think all of this stuff is just surface stuff. It’s like lipstick on a pig,” Ellison said.“I mean, the bottom line is, the Republicans have a core values problem, not a ‘who knows who Tupac Shakur is’ problem.”

worse.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Lincoln

United States

#857174 Feb 10, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure, as compared to who? Rumsfeld, Wolfowitz and Condoleeza Rice?
Carol seems gone
nobama seems still in the closet, often posting gay stuff
is the tread over ?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Nov 09

Pharr, TX

#857175 Feb 10, 2013
TSM wrote:
<quoted text>
OldRaider it’s not about me it’s about the country, if 1/6 Americans in Poverty, 47 Million Americans of Food Stamps, 5.4 Million signing up for Disability, 12 million Americans Unemployed and Obamacare will cost 7 million their health insurance!! So you approve of this disaster as long as it doesn’t affect You….Right?
More jobs are being added every day. Obstructionist Republicans have fought Obama's jobs program tooth and nail. Republicans brand every person that's out of work a deadbeat and fight any effort to help.
So I'm doing my part by supporting efforts to improve the lives of people that need help. You and your friends on the right are doing everything they can make the rich richer....Right?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“The Intrepid”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#857176 Feb 10, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
If you and the other happy puppies choose to step off a cliff into the black abyss on the marching orders of the Boy Messiah, that's just fine.
You can even turn toward me, grin and give me the finger as you do it.
Being happy and stupid is your god-given right.
Exercise the hell out of it, Dood.
Much like China, we will soon be facing a political machine consisting of a single Party, The Party. There won't be elections as we've seen in the past.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#857177 Feb 10, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
The Great Drone Panic
It is Luddism masquerading as civil libertarianism.
The influential conservative columnist Charles Krauthammer wants drones banned domestically and thinks the first American to shoot one down will be declared a national hero. Senator Rand Paul considers them a clear-and-present danger to American freedom and is offering legislation to require a warrant every time one takes flight, except to patrol the border or in extraordinary circumstances. The drone is to our liberty what the wolf is to sheep, a natural enemy.
It is understandable that drones don’t have a warm-and-fuzzy image. Overseas, they are vehicles for an ongoing campaign of assassination. The drone attack has become the signature tactic in the war against terror. Spectacularly precise strikes take out people who had no idea they were coming, in notably antiseptic (for the operator of the drone, at least) acts of warfare.
And this is the first objection to the use of drones domestically: They are weapons of war! About to be deployed here at home! Not exactly. We don’t kill people with drones; we kill them with Hellfire missiles. The drone is just the platform. By this standard, we would have no police helicopters because helicopters are weapons of war. For that matter, by this standard police shouldn’t be allowed to carry firearms, which are a weapon of war going back a couple of centuries.
As for police drones randomly watching us as we innocently go about our business, this is not a novel phenomenon. Police do it all the time. It is called a patrol. They do it utilizing all manner of technology — on foot, on horseback, on bikes, in cars, and even on Segway scooters. So long as they are looking at us in public areas where we have no reasonable expectation of privacy, our liberty survives intact.
http://www.nationalreview.com/articles/304843...
Neo-Luddism stems from the concept that technology has a negative impact on individuals and communities.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neo-Luddism
All drones are not created equal. The "surveillance hummingbird" is a one ounce drone that can hover one foot off the ground and film someone through their window or patio door__it actually looks like a hummingbird.

The little helo drones that police are purchasing in the $25K per range are also being used by professional photographers to capture never before possible scenes of wildlife, architecture, sporting events etc.

The politicians, the news readers and political pundits are unfairly "selling" all drones as killer drones and they're doing a great job of it based on Flack's and some others posts.
Waxman

Windsor, CT

#857178 Feb 10, 2013
looks like OldRaider likes the "Obstructionist" word:

2008bill wrote:

I have decided to leave this thread, so that juvenile "obstructinists" Like Waxman, Dean Martin, Gregory Scott, and Chylloh, that have no desire to participate in an adult manner, can continue to sit around the pot belly stove, with gun in one hand and Bible in the other, sharing demeaning and hateful drivel about this POTUS, this Administration, and our (American) Government. Their comments repeatedly posted here, go way beyond the intent of freedom of speech, and I will no longer be involved with those that portray, vile, and gutter styled, anti-American Values. There are plenty of other threads that I can post on, and other forums as well.

http://www.topix.com/forum/source/lebanon-dai...

Good to see you back 2008bill! How is lala land?
TSM

El Paso, TX

#857179 Feb 10, 2013
OldRaider wrote:
<quoted text>
More jobs are being added every day. Obstructionist Republicans have fought Obama's jobs program tooth and nail. Republicans brand every person that's out of work a deadbeat and fight any effort to help.
So I'm doing my part by supporting efforts to improve the lives of people that need help. You and your friends on the right are doing everything they can make the rich richer....Right?
OldRaider you do live in a delusional World!! The Congressional Budget Office's just-released economic forecast for 2013 is dispiriting, to say the least. The GDP is expected to grow by only 1.4%, the unemployment rate will "stay near" 8%, the deficit will reach $845 billion!!
Raider… The long-term unemployment rate is over 14%, and if the labor force was merely the same size today as it was the day Obama took office, today's unemployment rate would be closer to 11%!!
JerryD

Los Angeles, CA

#857180 Feb 10, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course, hasn't anybody noticed the color of Dorner's skin? What else could he be but an EBT luvin' libral?
Duh!
And judging people by the color of their skin is what you conservatives do best.

Duh...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 19 min hkjkkg 182,044
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 22 min JOEL 71,224
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr Mike 51,280
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr Grau 68,908
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr OzRitz 49,310
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 5 hr PEllen 98,873
Dear Abby 12-25 5 hr PEllen 1
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info