Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
788,561 - 788,580 of 1,079,999 Comments Last updated 4 min ago
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Lassie go get Jewgirl wrote:
<quoted text>
Shaddap tecas Jew-boy. You'd fault an elephant fo' bein' gray.
Is this antisemitism necessary?

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

lily boca raton fl wrote:
Boca Raton police shoot homeless man on roof at Florida Atlantic University. Oh wow, what heroes they are.
The dummy brought a knife to a gun fight.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Homer 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe you should calm down, maybe they are the calm ones and you are the one all fired up. Didja ever think of that ? Huh? Didja? Didja?
Man, I need to calm down.
it's the wedgy.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Graduate of Cypress HS in Weston FL, attended college in Utah__played football along the way. Joined the Navy in 02, was an officer, served in Bahrain, remained a reservist. Became a cop in 05, was fired in 08.
Still don't know what he's been doing in the five years since.
They found his truck near Big Bear and tracked but lost him__maybe he's still there__maybe he was picked up by someone and left the area or maybe he's already killed himself.
Most likely a rent-a-cop.
Homer 2016

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

flack wrote:
<quoted text> I believe it will. 30,000 drones is a lot. Somebody will do it.
We'll chalk this up with $7 gas, inflation, stagflation, market crash, electric bills going up 1000%, Romney winning, 49ers winning the Super Bowl, Jerry's closing early ever...
Homer 2016

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
it's the wedgy.
Oh snap! There it is, there we go, much better. Thanks.
lily waxman raton fl

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Is this antisemitism necessary?
Ask Obama.
Truth is no SIN

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Perhaps Black People Should Stop Expecting Equality
Dr. Watkins, an esteemed author, economist and social commentator, has seen the error of his ways. He has been wrong to argue that President Obama be made accountable to Black people, his most ardent supporters. Instead, Blacks should be accountable to the president.“Only whites, Jews, gays, women, labor groups and illegal immigrants are allowed to expect anything from the president.”If you’re black and heartily supported President Barack Obama’s bid for re-election, I have some news for you. Barack Obama is NOT your president and you are not meant to get much of anything for your vote. He’s not the president of black America, so the fact that you would expect your president to do anything to reciprocate his receiving more black votes than any president in history makes you clearly delusional.

From what I am gathering based on comments that defend the lack of action by the Obama Administration on the black unemployment and incarceration crises, the facts are plain: Black people are not supposed to ask President Obama for anything. Only whites, Jews, gays, women, labor groups and illegal immigrants are allowed to expect anything from the president. Your job as an African American is to vote for him and shut up.

The bottom line that you people need to understand is a term called “accountability.” If you were accountable for all of your babies’ mamas, lack of educational interest and wasting your money, you wouldn’t be in the mess you’re in today. Accountability needs to applied to all of you people, but that term must NEVER be used toward the president. He’s not accountable to anyone and certainly not to you.

When you think about it, it all makes sense: Black people built this nation with slave labor so that other people could benefit from our work. We built homes in which we were not allowed to live, we built wealth that we were never allowed to possess, and we even allowed white men to use black women to give birth to their light-skinned babies. So, it only seems logical that, in a nation with a 400-year tradition of using black people for the benefits of others, we are convinced to use our votes to push forward the gay and immigrant agendas, while expecting no attention to be paid to our own.
Capsized

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Not Surprized wrote:
Make sense? I don't think so; I've started drinking very early today.
Not Surprized! ROTFLMAO

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
http://edition.cnn.com/2012/11/09/world/afric...
This shows that there were two attacks & not this long battle.
It showing Obama in a meeting with Panetta & the head of the joint chiefs an hour & 20 minutes after the attacks started.
I wish you dumbasss right whiners would read this & STFU about sh*t you know nothing about.
Jesus you are thick as a brick. That is not what Panetta or Dempsey stated. Think they are going to lie to a Congressional hearing?
Truth is no SIN

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

“Accountability needs to applied to all of you people, but that term must NEVER be used toward the president.”

Some would say that President Obama could use the power of the pardon to help the tens of thousands of men and women who are incarcerated for petty drug possession, which he admitted was unfair years ago. But that would be helping criminals, which is entirely different from helping fight for the rights of illegal aliens. After all, being black and breaking arbitrary laws is not the same as being Hispanic and breaking arbitrary laws, we should all know that.

Oh yeah, whatever your pastor has been telling you about gay marriage for the last 20 years, you need to go ahead and erase all that. There is no such thing as freedom of religion or expression and even saying that you disagree with gay marriage automatically makes you into a homophobe, the Obama Administration told me so. In fact, gay is the new black and fighting for gay rights is far more interesting and beneficial than fighting for the rights of black people any day of the week. Being black is no longer fashionable, so you might want to try becoming something else.

So, for those who are hoping that the Obama Administration will put forth even a mild mention of the black unemployment epidemic, you should realize the truth: You people can’t get jobs because you’re lazy and don’t want to work. When a white man can’t get a job, it’s not his fault, since he is clearly harder working and more qualified than you are. That’s why the Obama Administration responds directly when whites complain about 7 percent unemployment, but ignores you lazy negroes when you complain about 14 percent unemployment. If you would learn to work as hard as white men, you wouldn’t have this problem.
Truth is no SIN

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Being black is no longer fashionable, so you might want to try becoming something else.”

Here’s a final point and this one is important: When white kids in the suburbs get shot, this is different from black children being shot in urban neighborhoods. In the first case, the kids are truly innocent, have bright futures and don’t deserve to die. In the latter case, kids die because they were raised by single mothers who don’t love their children, and it’s not as if they are going to amount to much of anything anyway. If inner city mothers didn’t want their kids to be killed, they wouldn’t have chosen to live next door to gang bangers.

So, I’m finally getting the point. I was once naïve enough to believe that every American was worthy of respect from our politicians, without regard to race. I also thought that since Obama could never have been elected without unprecedented black support, the administration might put us on the priority list along with other groups (not at the front of the list, of course, since that would imply that black people are as important as everyone else. The good Lawud knows I would never ask for such a thing, I knows my place). I even had the audacity to believe that when our children are shot, or when our fathers/mothers are given 30 year prison sentences for petty crimes, a black politician might at least act like he gives a d@mn. But now I realize that I was wrong and I’ll probably gain a lot of friends because of it.

Perhaps it’s time to kill Dr. King’s dream of equality, he probably would have been a hater too.

Since: May 11

Fayetteville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

We had a good idea this snow storm was coming 5 days ago. Two days ago, we new what areas would be like;y hit he hardest.

How?

By models that analyze the various sources of data.

Now 5 days ago, not all of the models agreed. Yet because of the potential danger, it was reported & people acted.

Just like with Hurricane Sandy.

These models predicted & the government & communities acted & lives were saved.

So when Climate models predict future potential dangers & problems from Global Warming, why do right whiners not believe them?

These same people made sure their vehicles had gasoline & they got supplies because a model predicting these storms. Yet when the climate models predict not good things, they ignore it burning more fossil fuels, mock any effort to address the issue and hang their children & grandchildren out to dry.

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Calm down sonic. Your acting as if it's your manifesto they are scrubing.
<loony left wingers victims of a mass wedgy this morning?>
I know right! They are coming totally unhinged.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

flack wrote:
<quoted text> I believe it will. 30,000 drones is a lot. Somebody will do it.
There is a lot of anti drone legislation being proposed throughout the country.

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Homer 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>I understand from my sources that Obama has an army of asteroids all fitted with drones. I may have a link here somewhere, oh yeah here it is - http://www.disney.com/
Hey this is fun being a rightwinger and making sh!t up.
This moran libtard doesn't even know what a drone is!

“God bless you, Mr. President”

Since: Jul 08

Peaceful, prosperous second

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you suggesting we clap Congress in chains and prosecute the whole lot of them?
Silly Mudman, Congress didn't order troops into a war for pride, stupidity, and oil cronies based on outright lies...that was the work of the Connecticut Cowboy as Crooked Commander in Chief...on the other hand, you could round up a lot of deserving chain gang material as they went by Grover's office for the paid sign-ins...
Truth is no SIN

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

The Historical Failure of Black Leadership
There’s something wrong with the process by which Black leadership is selected.“Black people are trapped in a viscous cycle of looking at their favorite leaders and revering them like baseball cards.” What’s needed is democracy in struggle.“People must be trained with the organizational and political capital to advocate and fight for policy and economic models that best serve their needs.”
“Black Leadership being chosen by White acclamation is nothing new.”

With the Black community still facing excessively high unemployment, the racial wealth gap between Blacks and Whites expanding to numbers higher than recent history, fully one third of the Black community in abject poverty, and overall rates of poverty as high as they’ve been in over 40 years, what has happened to Black leadership? In the face of endless statistics showing the rapid decline of whatever illusory semblance of progress Blacks imagined, such signs of progress have almost evaporated in less than a decade.

The ridiculous claim that Barack Obama ushers in a new era of Black leadership is erroneous on its face. The Commander in Chief has made it clear, publicly stating,“I am not the president of Black America.” Furthermore, many voices in the Black community clamored that,“we can’t expect Obama to do anything for us because he can’t appear to show favoritism.” Such sentiments castrated any effective capacity to pressure the first Black president to implement policy demands made by the Black community. Instead, Blacks were resigned to the limited palliatives his administration chose to dole out.

Black people are trapped in a vicious cycle of looking at their favorite leaders and revering them like baseball cards. There is a lack of understanding of the full dimensions of these leaders and the nature of their relationship to the status quo forces that place them in these positions. These so called “leaders” are not democratically elected by the Black community, yet they have sometimes damaged powerful grassroots movements, democratic in nature. The process of elevating certain leaders, while pitting them against others who were similarly elevated, allows the establishment to manage the acceptable range of discourse in the black community.
Truth is no SIN

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

The Commander in Chief has made it clear, publicly stating,‘I am not the president of Black America.’”

As noted African American political science Professor Adolph Reed, Jr. stated in his thought provoking book, Stirrings in The Jug:

“To be sure, because Afro- Americans have had no referendum or other forum for legitimizing claims to be a national leader, the support of White opinion makers has been keen for all aspirants to such Race Leader status. From Marcus Garvey to Elijah Muhammad to Louis Farrakhan to Jesse Jackson--all have reproduced the ironic strategy of seeking to become the Black Leader by means of White acclamation.”

Black Leadership being chosen by White acclamation is nothing new and goes back as far as the late 1800s. In an almost formulaic fashion, continued well into the 20th century, the status quo establishment propped up Black leaders who presented acceptable remedies to the “race problem,” then elevated an opponent ideology with a fixed critique. The result was to limit the discourse to those two accepted or acknowledged paradigms.

Booker T. Washington received wide ranging support from Northern industrialists and establishment economic forces in the South promoting an acceptable ideological thesis of accommodation. Subsequently, W.E.B. DuBois, through elite ideological mechanisms, was presented as a philosophical anti-thesis, forcing the process of synthesis to be limited between two totally undemocratic paradigms. Both of these paradigms were chosen by establishment gatekeepers mostly outside the Black community. The same process occurred with DuBois and Marcus Garvey, and continued through Martin Luther King, Jr. and Malcolm X. It’s called a Hegelian Dialectic and the Black community has fallen victim to it over and over since the 1890’s.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, that photo ID would have stopped that one.
Who mentioned photo id?

Why are you against measures to prevent voter fraud but all for any little thing that will prevent climate change?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

79 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 5 min wojar 174,629
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 14 min TRD 67,942
Orange line robberys 27 min Whats the word on ARRESTS 5
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 44 min Terry rigsby 48,913
Abby July 25, 2014 1 hr Toj 8
Ask Amy July 25, 2014 1 hr Toj 4
Four Dead in Bridgeview Head-On Collision 1 hr Bridgeview resident 71
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr Sublime1 97,539
Amy 7-24 4 hr Mister Tonka 24
Abby 7-24 16 hr Pippa 42
•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••