Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 39,425)

Showing posts 788,481 - 788,500 of1,072,435
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Jango wrote:
<quoted text>
I wasn't referring to Vietnam, dear, but no matter. If Vietnam, however, was not "illegal" - how bout that Gulf of Tonkin incident?- then, obviously, nothing is illegal. Therefore, a soldier DOES NOT have the right to disobey an illegal order because there's no such thing. Your words, not mine.
Orders to kill prisoners and civilians are illegal and soldiers have been prosecuted for following such orders.

An order to fire on American civilians would be illegal.
LRS

Shreveport, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
Rep. Mike Rogers, R-Mich., called the White House’s legal footing on a policy allowing drone strikes on American civilians “solid” in an interview with Andrea Mitchell Wednesday. Rogers, the House Intelligence Committee Chair, countered a frequent criticism of the Obama administration’s drone powers, attesting that “there is oversight.”
http://tv.msnbc.com/2013/02/06/house-intel-ch...
not a progressive.
What cha up to LTR? LMAO!!!
Lassie go get Jewboy

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

June: "Lassie, go get Jewboy. He falled down the well again!"

Lassie: "Sigh..."
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

flack wrote:
<quoted text> I don't have a problem with them blowing the SOBs away over there. It's when they start doing it here that I will have a BIG problem with it.
oh yes. the right wing 'worry about what might happen' syndrome.

get back to me when it happens. or rather....never.

if it didn't work during the election cycle....why would anyone pay attention now?

i can see why the right is so disheartened. even on the rare occasion when they tell the truth no one listens anymore.
Jango

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

I'm Ghost reincarnated as the same moron. Aren't I funny? At least I think I am.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
What cha up to LTR? LMAO!!!
i am not your long term relationship.

or are you a birther?
lily waxman raton fl

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Meanwhile, a myriad of other crimes will not be attended to because they're all on a wild goose chase. He can't hide forever. I think he'll kill himself.
What a thing to say about your beloved B Hussein Obama!
Florida

Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

It's me here too. Us crazy Democrats think we are so funny. Did anyone figure out I'm Ghost yet? Us retards are so smart, but too bad we have nothing better to do than this silly moronic stuff.

Ghost rules!!
Germany

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Florida wrote:
Actually, it's the pink elephants to whom Florida keeps listening and seeing.
Florida having another drink, loco?
Colonel Klink say what?
Germany

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Florida wrote:
I have so many names, yet so little to say.
Not Surprized! ROTFLMAO!
Lassie go get Jewboy

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Orders to kill prisoners and civilians are illegal and soldiers have been prosecuted for following such orders.
An order to fire on American civilians would be illegal.
Hahahahahahahahahahaha, yes, I'm sure they have. Now, the reciprocal questions: how many politicians and military officers have been prosecuted for issuing such orders. Doesn't the buck stop there, chimaco? I thought the buck stopped there? Are you tellin' me that's just an empty slogan??? How about Abu Ghraib? Prosecuted by whom? Who prosecuted those bad ol' sojurs fo' they evil doin'? How many officers have been prosecuted let alone convicted fo' they misdeeds? Any? there wouldn't be a military if anyone ever dispensed justice so, instead, we have another case of the foxes guardin' the foxes. "No, your honor, I did not actually SEE the defendant with feathers stickin' out of his mouth."

I got two words fo' you, pussy: Military Tribunals. Now go suck my dick and think about the nonsense you spew.
Florida

Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Ghost here again.

Did they catch thet Democrat COP who is killing people with GUNS? I hear he left a manifesto priasing Obama and loons like Chris Matthews, Joe Scarborough, Pat Harvey, Brian Williams.

Us Democrats are on a roll with all of us going crazy and killing people and children with "assault" weapons.

The cewl part is the liberal media supresses the news that liberals are killing people while liberals use this to implement gun control.

What a racket!

I'm so proud!
Florida

Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

What a thing to say about my beloved goat!Florida has so many names, yet so little to say.
Truth is no SIN

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

US Violating Human Rights of Children, Says UN Committee
The Obama Administration recently underwent its first U.N. treaty body review, and the resulting concluding observations made public yesterday should be a cause for alarm. The observations, issued by independent U.N. experts tasked with monitoring compliance with the international treaty on the rights of children in armed conflict (formally known as the Optional Protocol to the Convention on the Rights of the Child on the involvement of children in armed conflict or “OPAC”), paint a dark picture of the treatment of juveniles by the U.S. military in Afghanistan: one where hundreds of children have been killed in attacks and air strikes by U.S. military forces, and those responsible for the killings have not been held to account even as the number of children killed doubled from 2010 to 2011; where children under 18 languish in detention facilities without access to legal or full humanitarian assistance, or adequate resources to aid in their recovery and reintegration as required under international law. Some children were abused in U.S. detention facilities, and others are faced with the prospect of torture and ill-treatment if they are transferred to Afghan custody.

By ratifying OPAC in 2002, the U.S. committed to guaranteeing basic protections to children in armed conflict zones, and to submit periodic reports on the implementation of its treaty obligations to the U.N. Committee on the Rights of the Child. We wroteabout the latest U.S. report, released in November, which revealed that over 200 children have been held in U.S. custody in Afghanistan since 2008, some for lengthy periods of time. During its review of the U.S. on January 16, the Committee posed critical questions about the treatment of children by the U.S. military and issued recommendations to remedy these human rights violations.

These recommendations include taking “concrete and firm precautionary measures [to] prevent indiscriminate use of force” particularly against children, and ensuring all allegations of unlawful use of force are “investigated in a transparent, timely and independent manner” and that “children and families victims of attacks and air strikes do always receive redress and compensation.” In regard to the detention of juveniles, the Committee urged the U.S. to ensure that all children under 18 are detained separately from adults and guaranteed access to free and independent legal assistance as well as an independent complaints mechanism. Importantly, considering the previous U.S. response to the Committee revealed that the average age of children detained by U.S. forces is only 16 years old and the average length of stay for juveniles in U.S. military custody has been approximately one year, the Committee recommended children be detained only “as measures of last resort and for the shortest possible period of time and that in all cases alternatives to detention are given priority.”

MURDERER MURDERER MURDERER OF CHILDREN IN THE
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
Following recent revelations about President Obama‘s drone program — including a Justice Department memo that details some legal reasoning behind it — there’s been a flurry of both support and criticism. On Wednesday, Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC) weighed in, defending the president.
"Every member of Congress needs to get on board," Graham said, according to POLITICO. "It’s not fair to the president to let him, leave him out there alone quite frankly. He’s getting hit from libertarians and the left."
http://www.mediaite.com/online/gop-sen-graham...
and FOX says drones kill Muslims so it's all good.
some of you rightwingers need to get with the supporting Obama right wing program.
Exactly! Because if they deem Drones illegal; then if a Republican ever becomes President; his hands will be tied. If they say President Obamas use of drones is a war crime; well then Bush is his codefendant.
What a quandary.
Topic Reminder Service

Oxford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Topic Reminder Service (TRS) is a publicly-funded non-political organization founded to update Forum Users with accurate factual reminders. This particular Topic could be - indeed has been - deemed out-of-date or "dead" since November 4th, 2008. However, persuant of common OPINION, it has remained one of the more-popular Topix to this day. At this point in time, over four years after the topic's origin and considering none of the facts will change for another four years (making for an estimated eight-year lifecycle), TRS is presenting the following reminders of FACT-

Barack Hussein Obama II is the 44th and current President of the United States. He is the first African American to hold the office. Obama is a graduate of Columbia University and Harvard Law School, where he was president of the Harvard Law Review.

Born in Honolulu, Hawaii USA on August 4, 1961, he served three terms representing the 13th District in the Illinois Senate from 1997 to 2004, running unsuccessfully for the United States House of Representatives in 2000.

He began his first presidential campaign in 2007, defeating Republican nominee John McCain in the general election, and was inaugurated as president on January 20, 2009. Nine months later, Obama was named the 2009 Nobel Peace Prize laureate.

Obama was re-elected president in November 2012, defeating Republican nominee Mitt Romney. He is the first two-term Democrat POTUS since Franklin D. Roosevelt to win two presidential elections with a majority of the popular vote. During his second inaugural address on January 21, 2013, Obama called for full equality for gays: "Our journey is not complete until our gay brothers and sisters are treated like anyone else under the law- for if we are truly created equal, then surely the love we commit to one another must be equal as well."

On February 17, 2009, Obama signed the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009, a $787,000,000,000 economic stimulus package aimed at helping the economy recover from the deepening worldwide recession, thereby continuing an economic aid policy first instituted under the preceding (Republican) President George W. Bush.

Domestic policy items include the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act AKA Obama Care, signed into law on March 23, 2010. Barack Obama appointed two women to serve on the Supreme Court in the first two years of his Presidency. Sonia Sotomayor, nominated by Obama on May 26, 2009, was confirmed on August 6, 2009, becoming the first Hispanic Supreme Court Justice. Elena Kagan, nominated by Obama on May 10, 2010, was confirmed on August 5, 2010, bringing the number of women sitting simultaneously on the Court to three, for the first time in American history.

On January 16, 2013 President Obama outlined a series of sweeping gun control proposals, urging Congress to reintroduce an expired ban on "military-style" assault weapons, impose limits on ammunition magazines to 10 rounds, introduce background checks on all gun sales, pass a ban on possession and sale of armor-piercing bullets, as well as additional measures.

Notable foreign policy items include the draw-down of troops in Afghanistan and the end of military operations in Iraq as of August 31, 2010. On March 16, 2011, he authorized the U.S. Military to engage in air strikes against Libya's governmental air defense capabilities in order to protect civilians and enforce a no-fly zone. On May 1, 2011, Obama authorized a "surgical raid" by United States Navy SEALs in Abbottabad, Pakistan, resulting in the death of international terrorist and al-Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden and the seizure of papers, computer drives and disks from bin Laden's compound.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
A 71-year old Asian grandmother delivering newspapers definitely resembles Dorner.
And yet, gun control advocates want only trigger-happy cops (and retired cops) to be armed.
I'm not a fan of the cops; no one has proposed everyone be unarmed; just get rid of assault weapons and do background checks.
A large percentage of Americans agree on this.
Lassie go get Jewboy

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Now, please bear in mind I'm not trying to belittle you, particularly, I'm merely trying to demonstrate creative uses of language by exploring the power of words.
Truth is no SIN

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

JESUD WAS A JEWBOY IM IN GOOD COMPANY THANK YOU PILLOCKS xyz lololhahahah jewboy the star around my neck MEANS DISIPLE
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

flack wrote:
<quoted text> I don't have a problem with them blowing the SOBs away over there. It's when they start doing it here that I will have a BIG problem with it.
That's never going to happen.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 788,481 - 788,500 of1,072,435
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••

Flood Warning for Cook County was issued at July 12 at 4:25AM CDT

•••
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search